User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 May 2003, 11:41   #1
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
The Reading line-up

The full line up for reading so far:

Main Stage

Linkin Park

Blink 182

Placebo

Jay-Z

Staind

The Datsuns

Finch

Bowling For Soup

Radio One Stage

The Polyphonic Spree

Elbow

Interpol

Electric Six

SATURDAY 23 AUGUST Line-up (Click to Expand)

Main Stage

Blur

The White Stripes

Beck

Doves

The Streets

The Libertines

Junior Senior

The Darkness

Cave in

Radio One Stage

AFI

Hundred Reasons

The Cooper Temple Clause

The Mars Volta

The Thrills

The Kills

Jet

Concrete Jungle Stage

Alkaline Trio

King Prawn

Pennywise

Mad Caddies

Funeral for a Friend

Lagwagon

Turbonegro

The Ataris

Thrice

SUNDAY 24 AUGUST Line-up (Click to Expand)

The Main Stage

Metallica

System Of A Down

Sum 41

Primal Scream

Courtney Love

Good Charlotte

Lost Prophets

The Used

Radio One Stage

The Music

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Grandaddy

Hot Hot Heat

Hell is For Heroes

The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster

Radio 4

The Raveonettes

So what are YOUR views on the line-up? good/bad? which bands would you want to see? which bands would you like to throw bottles of piss over?

Discuss
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:43   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
As someone who is currently wearing a Blink 182 T-Shirt, who's liked Blur for a decade now and who also likes Sum 41 & SOAD, I'd just like to say I hate everyone who has weekend tickets.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:44   #3
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i'm going to leeds so i can still get weekend tickets so
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:44   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Either they're targetting a younger audience or we're all getting older =/

There's some I wouldn't mind seeing but they've cunningly placed them over the two days, and I'll be bollocksed if I'm paying a ton plus getting there for that =/
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:45   #5
[GAP]Obiwan

Reading > leeds

blur > Blink + Sums

SOAD: amazing live band!
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:46   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Only two bands in that whole lineup raise any interest in me whatsoever. Those being Blur and Metallica.

So I'll just generalize and say that it's a crap lineup.
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:46   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
leds > reading i think you will find!
and i can safely say that i will be getting my moneys worth as there are a number of bands there that i want to see
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:48   #8
[GAP]Obiwan

Hot HOT HEAT! w00tage wid da bandages!
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:49   #9
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
Apparently there will be train works to coincide with the festival just to make things that little bit more annoying. It does sound liek an attractive lineup though.
Replacement trains from waterloo methinks, usually have to go from paddington?
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:35   #10
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
down with teenage nu-metal.

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:36   #11
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
Originally posted by treelo
down with teenage nu-metal.
your reason being?
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:37   #12
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Glasto wins.

Although saying that I am flogging my tickets on eBay =/

profit!
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:37   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Scripti Leshi
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:40   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
Glasto wins.
Actually, the Glastonbury line up looks pretty rubbish compared to Reading this year.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:40   #15
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
your reason being?
too long has it diluted metal/rock.
but it will soon be over.
remember slipknot? they shall all follow.

stoner rock will rule the music world. and i will make it happen ffs.

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:52   #16
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
too long has it diluted metal/rock.
but it will soon be over.
remember slipknot? they shall all follow.

what the hells stoner rock?
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:54   #17
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Um, why the hell is Jay-Z stuck i nthe middle of it all? Won't he get slaughtered?
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:01   #18
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
Um, why the hell is Jay-Z stuck i nthe middle of it all? Won't he get slaughtered?
That's the plan, yes.
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:22   #19
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
Originally posted by ItotheDtotheI
Everyone should take E and see the Polyphonic Spree.
Whilst smoking weed and drinking tea?

LETS TURN THIS INTO A RHYMING THREAD!!!>!>!!! :eek:
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:34   #20
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
Originally posted by ItotheDtotheI
don't make me, miss me,
mother****ers down with the g

the ginger, harbinger
hes the N O D
public enemy

tho this aint nothing but the same old ****
wasting time, rhyming the lines
to a ****ed up beat

kickin it back on the pa forum
just trying to releave the boredom

We just wanna get ****ed, stoned and high
you wanna reason you ****in wanna know why?
ItotheDtotheI thats why
bad ass mutha fecker wid da 'KY'
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 23 May 2003, 17:30   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
what the hells stoner rock?

i have been informed that monster magnet are stoner rock, but i am not yet convinced
Unread 23 May 2003, 17:35   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'd go to see Beck and Placebo.

Maybe Blur.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2003, 04:22   #23
Rhumsaa
Radish

Rhumsaa is on a distinguished road
Sunday would be worth going to
Unread 24 May 2003, 09:31   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
help mother, its a c-c-c-c-cl-cl-c-c-c-cl-cliiiiii-cliche!

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2003, 11:30   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
reading the lineup, i may have no choice but to go to leeds.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2003, 11:45   #26
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
i'd go to see all the 'The bands' but then leave
Unread 24 May 2003, 11:47   #27
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
i'd go to see all the 'The bands' but then leave

i recognise quite a few of the more obscure ones actually; pennywise/hot hot heat/king prawn (only comparatively obscure) will own totally.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2003, 13:44   #28
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I've never heard of Hot Hot Heat, and I've only heard of King Prawn because they played in Scúnthorpe, but Pennywise are fairly well known.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote