User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 18:41   #1
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Eradicating all traces of mankind from planet earth

Suppose mankind was wiped off the face of the earth in a biological attack, which resulted in every single last human being killed.
How long would it take for nature to reclaim the planet and eradicated all traces of mankind.
From roads, to skyscrapers, to chemicals, to radioactive material and ancient monuments.
I’m not talking about jungles overgrowing the cities, I’m talking about skyscrapers collapsing, eroding and degrading back into the earth?

How long would that take?
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 18:47   #2
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Never. There are several traces of mankind that are indestrucible, if i do remeber correctly.

For the things that will be destroyed, it would probably take so many years that the planet would be destroyed first. (Comet, wormhole or something simmilar)
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 18:47   #3
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
it all depends on how truly you mean "no trace"

if you mean absolutely no trace, then probably not until our sun goes nova and burns (swallows?) the surface of the earth.

e.g., we have leftovers from dinosaurs, and we have stuff leftover from things that lived close to a billion years ago.

if you mean 'no visible trace from a plane flying over the wsurface, i'd go with maybe 100,000 years. ice ages would take care of most of the stuff.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 18:47   #4
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
They won't, they'll be inhabited and maintained by the parrots!
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 22:04   #5
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Isn't the sun going to explode in 5 years anyways?

I scare Ostriches when their on pavement.

I white-wash new-born babies.

I am a nice guy once you get to know me though
Hudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 22:07   #6
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
We'll end up taking nature with us probably
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 22:08   #7
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hudre

Actually it's five days.

However, I am not concerned since I'm wearing my Helmet of Protection from Stellar Powers at all times.

Contact me if you want in contact with the men and women who sell this alien technology at the risk of their lives.

Matrim
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 22:10   #8
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
who said the suns going nova?
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 23:08   #9
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: Eradicating all traces of mankind from planet earth

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Suppose mankind was wiped off the face of the earth in a biological attack, which resulted in every single last human being killed.
How long would it take for nature to reclaim the planet and eradicated all traces of mankind.
From roads, to skyscrapers, to chemicals, to radioactive material and ancient monuments.
I’m not talking about jungles overgrowing the cities, I’m talking about skyscrapers collapsing, eroding and degrading back into the earth?

How long would that take?
The majority of it would only be gone with major tectonic action.
W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 23:14   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
who said the suns going nova?
The astrophysicists.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 23:17   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
we should give it a try and see.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 23:48   #12
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
The astrophysicists.
pffffffftttttttt

what do they know?

Anyone would think they were experts on erm ..........er ..........eeeer.......ermmmmmm.....er Stuff, yep thats it Stuff.

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:16   #13
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The astrophysicists.
Ehm, our sun isn't big enough to go nova. It'll just expand into a big red thing so big it'll swallow earth and then shrink into a white dwarf and slowly fade out after that.

</science drivel>
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:19   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It's for all intents and purposes the same in this case, which is why I didn't comment on it.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:28   #15
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Hudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these partsHudre is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
Actually it's five days.

However, I am not concerned since I'm wearing my Helmet of Protection from Stellar Powers at all times.

Contact me if you want in contact with the men and women who sell this alien technology at the risk of their lives.

Matrim
nah, I'll just hide in the basement

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:29   #16
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
Ehm, our sun isn't big enough to go nova. It'll just expand into a big red thing so big it'll swallow earth and then shrink into a white dwarf and slowly fade out after that.

</science drivel>
I dont think anyone who was around would be that bothered what it was called, it would be bluddy hot
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:34   #17
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:

</science drivel>
so it'll nova?

(ps: i think you may have nova and supernova confusified)
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:35   #18
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It's for all intents and purposes the same in this case, which is why I didn't comment on it.
Well, if it would go nova we'd just be blasted of the planet in a few seconds. In reality it'll take years in which the sun will grow bigger and everything on earth will slowly warm up and start to melt. I'd know in which way I'd like to go.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:37   #19
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Well, if it would go nova we'd just be blasted of the planet in a few seconds. In reality it'll take years in which the sun will grow bigger and everything on earth will slowly warm up and start to melt. I'd know in which way I'd like to go.
But just think of the great Tan you will get while it expands?
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 00:39   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Hey!

We're talking about humanity having been wiped out and removing traces of its existance from the earth!
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 01:43   #21
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

and?

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 01:57   #22
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
You need to be pedantic more, then.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 02:54   #23
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hudre
I knew it was fake but i just realised it was made around the same time Oddesey 5 started.

Coincidence? I think not!
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 02:58   #24
Hudre
Then I Ate The Baby!

Great, now I'm terrified again

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 05:19   #25
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
dont worry, the magnetic field might change soon and no-one knows what's going to happen then
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 05:23   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
dont worry, the magnetic field might change soon and no-one knows what's going to happen then
Three words.

Extinction

Level

Event
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 07:24   #27
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Three words.

Extinction

Level

Event
oh no, it's Adam in disguise. go away adam and give MrL his account back

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 12:33   #28
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
oh no, it's Adam in disguise. go away adam and give MrL his account back
Don't panic, I'm still here.

I have the Adam-bashing stick right next to my chair.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:08   #29
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
That's why my computer is in a steel cage.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:26   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
About three and a half minutes

AFTER I CAUSE THE SUN TO GO NOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!