User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 May 2003, 19:36   #1
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Random browser search thingies = teh bad

i had this thing install itself whereby every 404 screen went to a 'qcksearch.com/etc....' screen. =teh ghey. So in a state of paranoia I removed all programs that I didn't recognise, raised my IE Security level, deleted my cache and fiddled with stuff. Result? no more 'qcksearch' but no more cookies. =teh worse.

Discuss.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:40   #2
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
get a clue.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:41   #3
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you tried ad-aware or that spybot program?

This should help your remove the program if it's still there, and its a pile of crap, and you should be able to let cookies back on. Although if it doesn't fix it, wait till someone else knows what to do
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:42   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by inf
get a clue.

pssh. why get a clue? it means that the people who are actually blessed with more technical skills than a banana don't get to deliver witty putdowns...

note: i didn't ask it to install itself. I don't know when it installed itself. I cant recall installing anything shiet enough to install it. It was just there.
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:43   #5
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
google could have probably resolved your problems in under a minute.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:44   #6
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Spybot Search and Destroy

Download and install it now.
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:45   #7
poshphil
Little Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
Spybot Search and Destroy

Download and install it now.

Here it is, because I know he might well be lazy

http://security.kolla.de/index.php?l...&page=download
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:46   #8
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

A quick google has revealed it to be IGetNet v5. Spybot is the recommended answer, although my paranoid spree seems to have helped. Meh. Spybot it is.
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:46   #9
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
Here it is, because I know he might well be lazy

http://security.kolla.de/index.php?l...&page=download
hehe I just got done adding that to my post.
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:47   #10
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
A quick google has revealed it to be IGetNet v5. Spybot is the recommended answer, although my paranoid spree seems to have helped. Meh. Spybot it is.
your paranoid spree probably didn't do a quarter of what it needed to other than remove some stuff you can see...the "good" stuff is invisible.
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:48   #11
poshphil
Little Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
hehe I just got done adding that to my post.

and i suggested spybot first, but i didnt remember its full name
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:48   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

oh. ah well.

and yus i am lazy, but not THAT lazy.
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:56   #13
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

interesting.

Gator seems to be like some sort of funky ne'er-die program that keeps returning. =teh bad.
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:00   #14
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

92 problems found

what
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:14   #15
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Gator seems to be like some sort of funky ne'er-die program that keeps returning. =teh bad.
You have to delete the registry entry too

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:18   #16
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
92 problems found

what
it's always fun watching people run that for the first time (;
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:19   #17
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
You have to delete the registry entry too
blocking all GAIN components on your firewall works well too (;
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:49   #18
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Gah, haven't run AdAware in about three months, didn't notice how much ****e's piled up =//

123 objects on C and registry, two more drives to scan =(
Edit: 208 =/

Screw this for a game of soldier, I'm going to try and fix my NIC in linux. So if I get it working, I'll be 'back' to the 'max'

Last edited by pablissimo; 28 May 2003 at 22:57.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:56   #19
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
got the same problem (not that it's really a problem that much) and spybot/adaware do fk all about it
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 23:26   #20
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
i downloaded adaware it told me if i deleted stuff it may not work, fat lot of good that did me
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:28   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

need more techie-ish help

when you type a URL into teh address bar and the list of matching URLs comes up below - how do you delete those?
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:34   #22
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
need more techie-ish help

when you type a URL into teh address bar and the list of matching URLs comes up below - how do you delete those?
its auto-complete, but worryingly, i cant find out where to turn it off on this god awful works computer, and somehow, i think someone will have answered this question by the time i get home
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:35   #23
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I think you just need to delete you history, to remove those links.
Right click on IE > Properties > Delte Hisotry (or something like that)
EDIT: I do not know how to remove them from logging forever.

But find some smartarse, and let them help you whit opera and all the initial settings.
Opera = the win.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:38   #24
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

found it: Internet Options -> Content

but what I was looking for was in fact 'Clear History' on the IO -> General tab, which I had missed the first 7 times or so.
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:42   #25
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
bizarrely, me IO => content tab doesnt appear to have a setting in it to turn auto complete off
I tell you, my work computers are the most crappily set up comp's i have ever had to work with
Unread 29 May 2003, 12:43   #26
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

IO => Content => Personal info box => AutoComplete => etc