User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 23:50   #1
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
CM4 Tactics

I'm playing as Blackpool FC, in the second division. My board's wish is that i achieve a safe mid-table finish. I currently occupy 6th place in the league, although I am only 1 point behind the play off places.

I started off the season playing 4-1-3-2, team mentality Atacking, although I quickly realised that my defenders should be encouraged to be Ultra Defensive. I have a DMC playing just behind the 3 midfielders, with the one MC in the center, and the two wingers encouraged to run forward. The two strikers taking care of themselves (if you want me to go into more detail I will). It didn't work too badly, although the AI quickly (much more quickly that in previous versions of CM I think) began deploying tactics to counter this, noticebly 3-5-2.
So I employed this tactic, again with the defenders ultra defensive, team attacking. Two defensive midfield's hanging back, wingers and a MC encouraged to go forwards. Seen quite a bit of success with this, although, again, the AI adapts quickly. I see formations of 5-3-2 and 4-2-4 to counter it. I've started adapting it slightly during the game to make it more defensive or attacking to suit. Having some players gung-ho and others attacking or normal seems to throw off the computer. I forsee lots of variations of different tactics eventually sitting in that folder.

Do any of you have any cm4 tactics/advice to pass round?
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 23:53   #2
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Yes, buy a real Football Team, and do it.

Leeds should be cheap enough after they drop out of the Premiership, and you get the added bonus of not having to put up with that stupid idiot Ridsdale.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 23:55   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
The tactics REALLY make a major difference this time

I started a game with spurs, after 10 games i hadn't scored a goal and was 19th

I gave up and started a new game, spent ages refining every aspect of the tactics, won the premiership in the first season with Robbie Keane getting 49 goals in 41 games, Lee Miller getting around 20 in 20 and Steven Ferguson getting bout 9 in 12, not to mention Acimovic, Etherington and Davie hitting them in for fun from 30 yards out
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 23:59   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm using a 41212 with a flat back 4, dmc pushing to mc, 2 wingers and an amc on free role.

It's working quite well, but I've had to switch it around a few times.

[edit]

Most commonly to a 4312 with 3 MC and two wing backs
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 08:49   #5
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
ive tried both the 4-3-2-1 and the 4-1-2-1-2

with any cm4 tactic it's pretty important to make individual players do individual things

im currently doing the 4-1-2-1-2, with a team mentality of attacking (i'm liverpool). the defenders i set to defensive mentality, except for one the centre backs who is ultra-defensive. the dmc is also defensive

one of hte central midfielders gets a free role, the other stays as he is. the amc runs forward, long shots, run with the ball etc, as do the strikers. I generally set one of the strikers to be gung-ho, maybe both, although sometimes ive tried setting the other striker to hold the ball up which works with varying amounts of success..

i put in counter attacking, direct passing and for corners i always put near post with my tallest attacker going that way, which seems to work quite well (i put someone on hte keeper too)

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 11:12   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I'm currently using

3-2-3-2

Basically it has 3 strong DC's, two DMC's making runs to the edge of the field, 3 M spread across the field with the RM and LM making forward runs to the byline and then 2 S uptop.

Mentality is normally on Attacking

Depending the team i'm playing and what players are in the RM and LM positions I may move them upto AM instead.

If your leaking goals you can set the Defenders to ultra defensive but with the DMC's in place this can be a little unnecessary.

Also it can be a good idea to focus passing down the wings as alot of my goals seem to come from crosses from either wing with the attacker beating the defender to it
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 12:15   #7
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
I've always been **** at tactics. :/

Hence, I'm not really too good at CM's, though I do love them.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 12:20   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
By the way.

Anyone got any good clear views on the new training system?

It's awfully changed.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:14   #9
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
At the moment I'm letting my Assistant Manager handle training, but I think I will take the time to set up the training myself, if as Wakey says, the benefit's later on in the season will good.

Oh and if you don't like CM4, kindly **** right off, ta.

Last edited by Kurashima; 3 Apr 2003 at 20:11.
Belgarath The Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:25   #10
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
belgy assisstant managers **** your training right up, it's one of the many things they still have to fix

do it yourself, it makes a big difference
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 23:54   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
At the moment I'm letting my Assistant Manager handle training, but I think I will take the time to set up the training myself, if as Wakey says, the benefit's later on in the season will good.

Oh and if you don't like CM4, kindly **** right off, ta.

Come find me on IRC.
Ill throw you my training rota , and my tactic , which has enabled me to get a top 5 finish in Scotland with Partick Thistle , and pre season victories over Liverpool and Man United.

Even with a HUGELY limited squad. Its a perfect LLM tactic , although i sense that once you get up the divisions , youll need better players and probably a better tactic to get past the really big guns.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 00:44   #12
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I won Division Two (120 points and +94 goal difference) playing 443 with an attacking mentality.

Still not messed about with training yet it looks too complicated
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 01:04   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
I won Division Two (120 points and +94 goal difference) playing 443 with an attacking mentality.

No prizes for guessing you took Wigan then
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 02:58   #14
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Cardiff
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 07:50   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks

No surprise you managed to succeed having 12 men on the pitch (well, goalie, plus 443 is wonderful )
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 19:34   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Ok someone deleted my post becuase i had one line telling the 'troll' that if he doesnt like the game dont read the threads about it [HINT to mods, you have an edit button which you could have used to remove that single line], so i guess i'll have to try and remember what i said in my posts on training so i can repost.

Training is a massive improvement in CM4 imho. In previous versions it was always too simple and required no skill at all to get the best out of your players. It used to be that you would have all your defenders on one training schedual, midfielders on another and attackers on another and they would all improve on these generic training sessions. Now every player is differnt and each will get differnt benifits from differing training programs so to get the best out of your players you need to try all fine tune the scheduals to suit them best.

One of the major things ive noticed is that while most players perfer training in a group requiring you to make comprimises to suit all of them in the group SOME perform much better training on their own. This is something you really need to experiment with early on to find out which players should have their own custom training session and which need to be in a group to get the best results.

Some of the training sessions however dont seem to produce good enough results for the price. Training matches and Cross country are the two that jump to mind here. Both tire out the players too much with better all round results being achiveable through tactical in place of training match and 5 a side(large) for cross country. Cross country can be good however as a pre season training method to help build up their stamina before the season starts which will have great results as the season draws to a close.

One of the things i really would recommend would be at least 3 Pig in middle sessions a week. This has a small effect on anticipation but the players love it and its great for moral.

Age and quality of the players is also important. If your a LLM manager be prepared to give ample rest periods to prevent burnout of the players, the same goes for your youth team and the older players in your squad. The higher the quality and the more in their prime a player is the less rest periods he requires. This again is another balancing act, too much rest and you wont get the best out of the players but too little and you will be inendtated with messages from the physio telling you the player is tired.

You should where possible always leave the day before a match free as a rest period. Admitteldy i normally forget this apart from sataurday games when my friday is empty by default

With your reserve sides (especially if its full of youngsters) make sure their schedual focus on aspects like technique, agility and small five asides as these all improve vision, control and passing helping turn your promising youngsters into the next superstar

DO NOT stick with the default keeper training. It misses out a number of the important aspects like shot stopping. The pig in middle whiel fun doesnt help the keeper at all so switch those sessions with the keeper specific ones.

Also ive noticed alot of my goals come from wing play (might just be my tactic) so I like to ensure plenty of time is spent on crossing and dribbling (allowing them to get to byline and cross) for my midfielders and heading and sprinting (to get into the box onto the end of the cross and put it in) for my attackers.

Final thing just make sure you have the best coachs possible. Withouta good set of coaches your training wont work
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:02   #17
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
im crap as doncaster rovers

i can get promoted, but after that it goes downhill
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:14   #18
Ragnarak

Won the league with Spurs in my first season, keane got 49 goals, signed mido from ajax and with him/keane i'm storming the league/champs league in my second season

roma/barca/rangers in my group and i've won 5, drawn 1 so far, scoring 22, conceding 5

beat rangers 7 - 0 in one game with Keane getting 6

it seems extremely easy to score this time but in the first game i played i couldn't score at all
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:20   #19
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
grrrrrrrr, i thought this patch was supposed to help with injuries. I can only imagine what it was like (i patched straight away)

Half my players seem to have a mishap between the end of the game and the dressing room.

Still, 14th with Peterborough aint too bad IMO

And we just thrashed port vale 7-0
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:22   #20
poshphil
Little Bitch

arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

and now were in financial trouble despite having made a profit all season and now having 2 million in the bank.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:23   #21
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

I agree on the Injuries front. I started , immediately patched , and before Pre-Season was over , i had 7 first teamers on 3 month or longer injuries.

Tactically , 4-2-2-2 works well for me , switching to a 3-5-2 if your oppositions star players are midfielders , and 3-2-3-2 if your opposition is crap and youre looking for a goalfest
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:25   #22
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Financially, i was £2200 a week over wages last week , and we lost £390k over the entire season.

This season , im £1100 over the wage bill , but theyve given me a £300k transfer budget , which i intend not to spend , and ive got some superb loan signings on almost no wages at all , hence , ill save till next season.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:25   #23
Ragnarak

pre-season trainging makes a hell of a lot of difference when it comes to injuries

as does paying attention when the physio tells you a player needs a rest
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:26   #24
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

and now were in financial trouble despite having made a profit all season and now having 2 million in the bank.
ground maintenance bug?
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:27   #25
wakey
Hamster

The strikers score way too many goals and the rest of the team get too few. Its one of the things that hopefully the enhancemnet pack will fix

Oh and a bit off topic but still CM4 related once again the ARSE command works with CM. For those not familier with this command it can be added to a file in most CM versions which removes the legal restictions in the game. You see to prevnet SI being sued they remove alot of the comments about and actions of the players (for example Anelka isnt really that stroppy in the game where he is in real life). Such things only happen to the computer created players however by adding the words "ARSE" to the config file this is removed and players start to react as they do in real life and your end up having the coaches slagging the players off, them going off in a huff and such like. You also get to see the Boards profiles.

For info of how to get this to work in CM4 check this thread
http://community.sigames.com/1/OpenT...8371933036&p=2

You do need to start a new game to get it to work but really is worth it
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:43   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

ARSE is always worthwhile as long as you dont own the more "Mentally Challenged" players. Paolo Di Canio must be a world of hurt to manage in CM4 with ARSE on.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:45   #27
wakey
Hamster

I had anelka on 01/02 using ARSE and if you subbed him he had a habbit of going missing for a few weeks
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:46   #28
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
it appears ARSE exaggerates ever so slightly
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 21:47   #29
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I use a 3-1-2-1-3 with my 2 midfielders out on the wing, 3 DC's and 3 FC's.

With a foward line of RnV and Ronaldo, with hopefully Vieiri on the way too I'm looking at a pretty ace set of strikers. However, I'm still leaking too many goals at the back, despite having Terry, Woodgate and Rio there, think it could be down the lack of width, as most of the goals come down the flanks before being swung into the middle. Havent tried setting my defenders to Ultra Defensive yet though, I'll have to give that a try, I assume it just overrides the set team instructions?
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 21:56   #30
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
RnV ... Ronaldo ... Vieiri .... Terry, Woodgate and Rio
You are very good in the transfer market .
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:07   #31
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Havent tried setting my defenders to Ultra Defensive yet though, I'll have to give that a try, I assume it just overrides the set team instructions?
If you have your team mentality set to attacking, you can individually set your defenders, all or a combination of, to defensive or ultra defensive or normal or etc. It just overides the teams general instructions for certain players.

As an example, on of my ACM's is set to gung ho with a free role, encouraged to run forward and have long shots. He get's quite a few goals.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:17   #32
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
How do you do all these tactics things?

I've always wanted to do that, but haven't been able to figure it out and have no geek friends that can help me out. (feel sorry for me)

Can you help?
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:19   #33
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
it appears ARSE exaggerates ever so slightly
Nah that was just me exagerating a bit.....first time he walked out was becuase i subbed him and then fined him for poor performance. He eventually came back but then barca came in with a very insulting bid of 1mill for him which i of course turned down. He went off in a strop and wouldnt come back this time. In the end had to cut my losses and sold him to Inter for 1.2mill
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:21   #34
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
How do you do all these tactics things?

I've always wanted to do that, but haven't been able to figure it out and have no geek friends that can help me out. (feel sorry for me)

Can you help?
Its a case of just experimenting KaneED.Plus listening to what others have to say on the various CM sites (Such as the SI games forums) is always helpful to see what is working for others
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 12:15   #35
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Its a case of just experimenting KaneED.Plus listening to what others have to say on the various CM sites (Such as the SI games forums) is always helpful to see what is working for others
Am i alone here in being part of a CM "Clan" from the SIGames forums?

Surely theres a Farnborough clan in there Wakey
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 12:47   #36
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
is the multiplayer ver any good?

or is it slow and turnbased and lots of waiting around like i'd expect it to be in a turn based type game

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 13:21   #37
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Am i alone here in being part of a CM "Clan" from the SIGames forums?

Surely theres a Farnborough clan in there Wakey
I cant even get on the SIGames forum My accounts never get activated by the admins

*UPDATE* I post this thread and almost immediatly received an email saying my account had been activated Do we have a SI admin lurking on these forums?
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 13:22   #38
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question

I assume you can play as Yeovil?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 13:23   #39
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by Slidey
is the multiplayer ver any good?

or is it slow and turnbased and lots of waiting around like i'd expect it to be in a turn based type game
Previous versions used to be pretty slow (especially trying to play it across net). While I havent tried CM4 yet they dont seem to have been making any mentioned of better/faster network play and certainly none of the mentions of the improved internet play that was promised when work first started on CM4
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 13:25   #40
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
I assume you can play as Yeovil?
You can play as almost anyone. The initial release has 88 differnt leagues in it and SI claim that Enhancement pack 2 (ie the second patch) will include some more. Although why you really need any more leagues. I doubt anyone here has a computer that can run all 88 at an adequate speed anyway. Its slow enough on a top end PC running about 25 leagues let alone 88
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 14:32   #41
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey

*UPDATE* I post this thread and almost immediatly received an email saying my account had been activated Do we have a SI admin lurking on these forums?
Bell from here is a mod on their forums
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 17:10   #42
poshphil
Little Bitch

Hmm i worked out the whole being in debt when I wasnt.

It turns out i was. I failed to pay attention to the fact that if the number is in brackets, thats negative money.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 17:15   #43
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
Hmm i worked out the whole being in debt when I wasnt.

It turns out i was. I failed to pay attention to the fact that if the number is in brackets, thats negative money.
heh
they really should colour-code it or something
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 17:20   #44
KaneED
Motherfracker

Has the option to have the game windowed gone because I can't track it down.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 17:21   #45
poshphil
Little Bitch

Quote:
its there. But it doesnt work for me.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 17:23   #46
Ragnarak

Quote:
edit preferences

full screen

untick

tho you need to have a res greater than 1024 x 768 as that's the minimum resolution it runs in (unless you force it to work with a smaller screen by using small_screen command etc)
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 17:24   #47
poshphil
Little Bitch

my players are shot shy

How do I make them shoot more than once in a game????

We scored that shot but still i want to shoot a bit more.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 17:35   #48
KaneED
Motherfracker

ta Ragna
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 17:48   #49
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
Bell from here is a mod on their forums

And yet im reliably informed (and threads on the SI Forums have borne this out) that he gets repeatedly owned when playing Online.

BTW , Iajafer is a humourless cnut!
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 17:50   #50
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
edit preferences

full screen

untick

tho you need to have a res greater than 1024 x 768 as that's the minimum resolution it runs in (unless you force it to work with a smaller screen by using small_screen command etc)

I run it at 1280 x 1024. Hurts the system because i only have a 633 celeron , but worth it.