User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 20:01   #1
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Turks Vs Muppets

I think the turks are the better team, i really do.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 20:45   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Turks Vs Muppets

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
the team that is playing better
not the better team
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:06   #3
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Re: Turks Vs Muppets

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
the team that is playing better
not the better team
i honestly think that turkey is the better team. England may have talented individuals but i think they arent that good a team.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:45   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
what?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:48   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
HAHAHAHA
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:48   #6
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Quote:
I laugh in your face!

ha!
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:49   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
sickening

[21:17] <Deffeh> Vassell to gerrard ... ROONEY WANTS IT DOWN THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!!!!
[21:17] <Deffeh> ...
[21:17] <Deffeh> ...
[21:17] <Deffeh> tugay
[21:17] <Deffeh> to alpay

word for word commentary. They just couldnt get enough of him, whatever he did, theyd praise, or excuse. **** sake, hes good, hes not superman

What england fans should REALLY be taking from the game :

1. Gerrards performance
2. The Teams ability to perform well with Beckham playing ****
3. Wayne Bridge

Bridge was immense. 'nough said really, he woulda been my man of the match

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:53   #8
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Ian Wright fancies Rooney by the sounds of it

oh and

4. Having a third striker we can bring on who isn't Heskey
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:56   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
his name is james beattie. He isnt in the squad.

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:59   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh

1. Gerrards performance
3. Wayne Bridge

there IS too much emphasis on rooney, having said that, i thought for the most part he was fantastic, heh.

Bridge though, has to be man of the match. Wasnt sure about him prior to this one, but he was great all game.

Beckham, was , as always, trying to hard. I wouldnt have said he played badly, but he was over-agressive first half, and after his yellow card he really stopped focusing a little. He seemed angry a lot of the match as well, which i didnt like.

Stevie G, as always, blows hot and cold. He wasnt great first half, much better second. If he can continue that run of form, i'll be happy.

I think more of James now too, although his 2 or 3 ropey moments were concerning ("hey, i'll just wander down this pitch...")

Overall, a good performance, particularly the second half. Now, if only we could play like that every game eh...

edit : and yes, beatie should be in the squad.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:01   #11
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Names of note:

Too-Gay
Knee-Hat
Air-Gun
Bastard

Kept me amused all match.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:07   #12
alastair18

alastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

1. Gerrards performance
3. Wayne Bridge

We didn't have to rely on Owen either.

And yes Gerrad and Bridge played excellent on the left.
alastair18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:28   #13
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Names of note:

Too-Gay
Knee-Hat
Air-Gun
Bastard

Kept me amused all match.
you forgot Farty
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 01:32   #14
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I just got back from the game.

Atmosphere was great. Didnt see any trouble.

My thoughts on the match:

Turks are a bunch of dirty ****s
Referee was pretty pap
No-one around me seemed to understand why Gerrard got MOM. I didnt either. Too many of his passes went to no-one.
Bridge was also ballsing up quite a bit specially in the first half.
Not sure who my MOM would have been, Butt had a strong game.
Rooney took a while to get into it but after that he was rather good.

Um will think of more things to say when I can be arsed.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 01:36   #15
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Indeed Turks v Muppets, but the Muppets won.

Muppets 2 Turks 0

Nuff said
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 08:18   #16
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Rooney was inspirational for the final ten minutes of the first half, but was overrated besides that.

It was like:
"Campbell is on the ball, to Beckham, to Neville, ROONEY IS ON THE BALL!!!!! Rooney's pass is intercepted".

There was a great passing move, which Rooney ****ed up with a pass to a Turk, but instead of saying "a bad pass by Rooney", they said "Rooney's pass is intercepted". Anybody else would've been slaughtered for that.

I'd still much rather have Jermaine Defoe playing.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 08:54   #17
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
rooney raised englands game when we were looking like we had no ideas... other than that he wasnt really there the second half (not entirely his fault, i dont think the midfield worked as well as it could have in the diamond). didnt know gerrard got motm, but he did have a good solid game, some of his passes were great and his runs werent bad either...

thought beckham might get sent off early but i think he led by example well.

and that save by david james was great

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 12:56   #18
Nusselt
share the <3

fck i forgot to delete this
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 14:54   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Bridge was awful first half. Kept giving the ball away, and his defending was messy. The amount of times I heard 'fks sake Bridge' was too many to count.

He improved to put in a decent second half performance.

Jury still out on Wayne Bridge here.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 15:03   #20
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC

There was a great passing move, which Rooney ****ed up with a pass to a Turk, but instead of saying "a bad pass by Rooney", they said "Rooney's pass is intercepted". Anybody else would've been slaughtered for that.

The kid is 17 playing his first full international game, there is no was he should be slaughtered for any mistakes he makes. Our media has a habit of building people up, putting them on a pedistal and then knocking them down as soon as they can, hopefully that wont happen to Rooney.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 15:08   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
The kid is 17 playing his first full international game, there is no was he should be slaughtered for any mistakes he makes.
My point is anybody else would have been, and his mistakes were totally ignored.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 15:24   #22
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
they should have left him in the under 21's for a while (or put him in there in the first place). he's only completed 7 full games for everton, and only 4 of those in the league!

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 17:00   #23
soul-runner

2-0 not bad for a bunch of muppets :-) (i wonder if the person who called england muppets is scottish? how did the scots get on btw? :-D )
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 17:06   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

the scots were robbed, as usual. First half we were denied a stonewall penalty, second half a lithuanian scumbagged dived in 2 yards of space, and got a penalty for it.

Unread 3 Apr 2003, 17:11   #25
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
the scots were robbed, as usual. First half we were denied a stonewall penalty, second half a lithuanian scumbagged dived in 2 yards of space, and got a penalty for it.
but when they get robbed every other match, its a bit suspicious innit ?
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 17:23   #26
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
but when they get robbed every other match, its a bit suspicious innit ?
nah.

For example, in the faroes, we frankly deserved 0 points, never mind the 1 we got

Even though we didnt play well last night, theres no way those scummy ****ing diving ****heads should have won. If youd have seen them, you would have been embarrassed. It was like playing against 11 francis jeffers