User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Aug 2009, 03:46   #1
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Challenge

There are rumours of preround agreements in the air.

Any alliances creating a block against evilness preround? Its all coming out in the open sooner or later anyways, but maybe this round we could all grow some balls and openly declare war for everyone to read!

I mean... if your alliance is in a huge block, what do you risk by telling?
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 03:58   #2
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Challenge

The Art of Diplomacy is all about not telling your real intentions. The round name has been chosen, I hope we will see it in action.
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 04:00   #3
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

I know this is kinda pointless since i know noone is gonna write anything anyways. Its more like im using this thread as an excuse to question alliance politics.

Every round there are alliances who for some reason acts in a way that does not benefit their own members.
So i hope people will rise up if they feel something is wrong. Last round a certain galaxy all left tag when they got incs, but really im convinced they did it because they dont like being pushed around without good reasons.

Last round i think was really shit. You might think i say this just because i am Apprime but i will give it a shot anyways.

Activity was the worst i have seen in several rounds. A lot of people were hitting Apprime without even being told by their leaders, they just blindly launched on the given coords. Most alliances involved didnt have a shot to win alliance tag, and some even claimed to be just building a good core. How can you build an alliance if you only learn how to fight when you massively outnumbered your enemy? The minute the tables were turned, and someone else besides apprime had some incs, the universe basically died. Everyone just gave up! Playing an entire round basically without incs, then the minute you get some, you quit? Something is just not right here.

Maybe its about time now that alliances stop making agreements that doesnt benefit their own alliance. Personally i think Ascendancy is the "big bad wolf" next round, but i will rather lay down and die then joining a huge block to kill them. If everyone just focus on building a steady alliance, then i am convinced we will see more interesting rounds

Last edited by HaNzI; 22 Aug 2009 at 04:21.
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 05:01   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I'm horribly out of touch with alliance "politics", so do tell what you've heard about pre-round agreements!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 07:47   #5
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Wow. That was terrible Hanzi.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 07:50   #6
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

lol?
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 10:49   #7
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Evolution are playing with no pre-round agreements, as anyone who has spoken to us has found out already. This will allow more fluid politics over the course of the round, not restricting us to a single plan of action and hopefully add some fun for us. We will only enter into agreements that are in our best interests or the best interests of PA as a whole.

That's all I know.
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 12:29   #8
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Wow. That was terrible Hanzi.
Tut tut bad form, dont be so cruel! You dont think he hears this enough from your mum every time they finish in bed??

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 14:50   #9
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I'm horribly out of touch with alliance "politics", so do tell what you've heard about pre-round agreements!
You tell me. If an alliance with full tag has a goal to create another block like last round, then i dare to say that those alliance "HCs" are terrible leaders. Building an alliance capable of winning has nothing to do with¨letting everyone else fight for you. In the end you face a well organized alliance and they just run all over you. This has been the case every round for a good year now.
The solution is not to build an even bigger block and point out "but look at last round, they won anyway"
Ascendancy and Apprime have dominated because they know how its like to play outnumbered. So go ahead and create that big bad block, but we will just have the same discussion later as we always have "who deserves to win" And every alliance in that big bad block will be looked upon as shit. It has happened every round, and it will happen again.

This has nothing to do with the fact im apprime this round, and im not even involved in politics, but i have played in the outnumbered alliance every round i played and this game really needs to change as the all vs 1 is getting tiresome. Quality over quantity any time.
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 18:48   #10
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

I declare war on HK.
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 19:32   #11
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considence View Post
I declare war on HK.
I'll block with Consi against HK!
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 21:41   #12
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

going totally on rumours (and i really have no evidence for any of this)
nd napped apprime
asc + rock napped p3nguins
ct and nd are friendly possibly napped
ec/dlr/evo/destiny are currently without political links

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 22:09   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And we are also very close to reaching an agreement with Satan, also known as The Lord Of Darkness. Recent drafts point to Ascendancy getting everything it wants, and in return Satan will receive an as of yet unquantified number of souls. Join us for more news at eight o'clock.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2009, 23:19   #14
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa View Post
I'll block with Consi against HK!
Due to my ongoing war against OlaTa, and my unconditional love for HK, I am hereby also declaring war on Consi!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 01:23   #15
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Sid already did this, didnt he?

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 01:44   #16
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

The stronger the alliance at the top looks the bigger the block will be. It's how it should be... nobody runs with the cake without proving worthy of it.
ASC and Apprime managed it over the last rounds, and I'm sure the bond within an alliance is stronger after going through such an ordeal.

HaNzI, your complain looks motivated by the worry of being slowed down too early in your development at a planet level, not being able to enjoy the smooth growth that would guarantee a top 50 finish.
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 02:21   #17
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Due to my ongoing war against OlaTa, and my unconditional love for HK, I am hereby also declaring war on Consi!
Patrikc means win, easy!

I heard VR gave eksero another pnap, anyone care to comment on this?
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 02:50   #18
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

I bet you all think mz was joking........
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 02:59   #19
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I bet you all think mz was joking........
The "eight o'clock" announced at 23:09 was really a dead giveaway
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 11:10   #20
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
We will only enter into agreements that are in our best interests or the best interests of PA as a whole.

That's all I know.
Yeah, shame some reasonable HC's are "forced" to come balance politics out of own interests. To make the round somewhat playable.

There are limits set for 70 players per alliance, I dont see why anyone would need to make agreements before round is running...
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 12:01   #21
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Welcome to PA. :|
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 13:38   #22
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
The stronger the alliance at the top looks the bigger the block will be. It's how it should be... nobody runs with the cake without proving worthy of it.
ASC and Apprime managed it over the last rounds, and I'm sure the bond within an alliance is stronger after going through such an ordeal.

HaNzI, your complain looks motivated by the worry of being slowed down too early in your development at a planet level, not being able to enjoy the smooth growth that would guarantee a top 50 finish.
I dont care if there is a block created if an alliance is running away with it. What i say is that i dont like the idea of creating a block PREROUND with the sole intention of being as big as possible, so they can kill the ASSUMED best alliance as fast as possible after tick 72. THAT i want to prevent!

I advice alliances to work with their own memberbase for atleast a few hundred ticks, instead of relying on massive support.

And makhil please read this carefully:
i think i have already said that i have never played in a massive block, or in an alliance that let me grow untouched. I never expect a round to give me a decent planetrank without working for it, and it should come as a result from playing FOR the alliance.
Come back with comments like that when you know how its like to get up every single night the first 5 weeks of the round, to ground your fleet for defence a whole week, and make 10man teamups on hard enemy targets sacrificing everything called planetrank for the best of your alliance. We clearly play on 2 different levels!
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 13:41   #23
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

As a late signup, I am declaring war on 1:1.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 16:41   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In fairness I can't think of a single round where the alliance that won didn't "deserve" to win. There have been some marginal rounds but I've never seen an alliance that I would definitely consider inferior to another alliance playing that round actually win.

I can't really say I see anything necessarily wrong with pre-round agreements either. It's certainly disappointing to see various alliances effectively give up in situations where they could easily have won, I mean apprime were never really out of sight last round but nobody seemed to have any idea on how to actually beat them, but better that than a seven week snooze-fest. It's certainly irritating to be on the other side getting lamed to death by a block that's just too big to defeat but that's how the game works and that's what the game rewards. As for building a good alliance, sure, it's the best way forwards but there just doesn't seem to be that much interest in doing so out there.
Unread 23 Aug 2009, 21:10   #25
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
I dont care if there is a block created if an alliance is running away with it. What i say is that i dont like the idea of creating a block PREROUND with the sole intention of being as big as possible, so they can kill the ASSUMED best alliance as fast as possible after tick 72. THAT i want to prevent!

I advice alliances to work with their own memberbase for atleast a few hundred ticks, instead of relying on massive support.
Since when has it been a bad thing to prevent an upcoming problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
And makhil please read this carefully:
i think i have already said that i have never played in a massive block, or in an alliance that let me grow untouched. I never expect a round to give me a decent planetrank without working for it, and it should come as a result from playing FOR the alliance.
Come back with comments like that when you know how its like to get up every single night the first 5 weeks of the round, to ground your fleet for defence a whole week, and make 10man teamups on hard enemy targets sacrificing everything called planetrank for the best of your alliance. We clearly play on 2 different levels!
O MA GD! ALL BOW TO HaNzI. Chill man. Hut is

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote