User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Jul 2005, 11:39   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Would Dante make a good father?

In this thread; http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=186688, Dante writes:

If it was someone who wouldn't mind having kids then I'd consider keeping it. I think I'd make an ace father and I'm not getting any younger...

Now, would YOU think Dante is right in his assesment of himself?
Discuss!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 11:43   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Would Dante make a good father?

In before and during first "This thread is shit." post.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 11:44   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not in soceities eyes, no. Druggies arent generally considered ideal fathers, and im not sure Dante would compromise too much of his own life for a sprog.

I dont think hed be in any way an irresponsible father, or leave needles about etc though, and he'd love him like a mini Marx, so thats all the matters really

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 11:44   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It depends what you mean by "good" father, because I suspect that dante's morality, especially when bringing up children, is different from the "norm".
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 11:55   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In all seriousness, I think the most important traits in a prospective parent are :
  • loving their kid (well, duh)
  • a lot of patience
  • education / intelligence / good judgement
  • degree of selflessness
  • ability to earn enough money to feed/clothe/etc kid
  • decent values
  • willingness to be "unliked" if necessary
  • emotional stability

I'd imagine most people on these forums would have the above traits. Well, on the whole.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 12:21   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Most people on GD are patient and selfless?
On the whole, yes. The minority who are not are noticable precisely because they aren't.
Quote:
Most people on GD know the concept of values?
Yes, more so than most other small groups I know. And their values are (on the whole) things they've at least considered a bit, and not just something copied off a breakfast cereal packet/tabloid newspaper.
Quote:
Most people on GD are emotionally stable?
Yes. Look how few serious emotional problems people post about. Even the drama llama stuff is "So there's this girl I like..." type stuff and not "So I slit my wrists for the 9th times this week last night...". Most people post advice threads knowing they can count on some sort of good advice.
Quote:
Most people on GD are able to earn decent amounts of money?
Of the people who have jobs, they are probably earning more money than most in their respective age group or have skills in reasonably high demand. Of the rest (students mainly) they will obtain qualifications better than the average citizen (meaning in the long term more money. Of the 40 or so regulars we might have here, how many have gone to / are going to university? Do you think that is reflected in society generally?
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 12:36   #7
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Assuming hes similar in real life to how he is now i think he'd be ok. For great justice however his child would become the head of a vast multinational expoitative company.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 13:10   #8
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
In all seriousness, I think the most important traits in a prospective parent are :
  • a lot of patience
  • degree of selflessness
  • decent values
  • emotional stability
I only satisfy half of those and I agree I'd be a shitty parent.

edit: less than half depending on how we interpret 'ability'
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 13:47   #9
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

I argue being a good role model is more important than any of those traits, or at least knowing cool people. That's if you want your child to grow up to be President of the Internet rather than just some mediocre surburbanite. So Dante can be my daddy any day.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 14:16   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Would Dante make a good father?

If Dante bought a pipe then I'd consider saying 'yes'.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 15:57   #11
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
I argue being a good role model is more important than any of those traits, or at least knowing cool people. That's if you want your child to grow up to be President of the Internet rather than just some mediocre surburbanite. So Dante can be my daddy any day.
Or atleast knowing cool people?
So if my mates are cool, then Im gonna be a good parent?!?!?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 16:14   #12
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

I don't Dante seems to have put some thought into this so i vote yes, not that my opinonm matters to you all
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 16:18   #13
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
If Dante bought a pipe then I'd consider saying 'yes'.
I really really really want to get a pipe.

so cool
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 16:37   #14
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
ecessary[*]emotional stability
are you emotional stable?

as i often have the feeling that such things are bequeathed.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 18:57   #15
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Or atleast knowing cool people?
So if my mates are cool, then Im gonna be a good parent?!?!?
Yeah.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:16   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
  • a lot of patience
  • degree of selflessness
  • decent values
  • emotional stability

I'd imagine most people on these forums would have the above traits. Well, on the whole.
I was going to make some shit comment but now I'm all teary eyed. I think I may go back to the "Person I Admire the Most" thread and add your name there.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 22:29   #17
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Yeah.
Then Im definiatly going to be a good parent.

And since T&F is a mate of Dante, Dante is going to be good parent too \o/

(and then Im off, cya in 14 days or so)
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 23:45   #18
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Your opium matters to me.
well of course it dose someone has to supplys your addiction
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 06:15   #19
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

This is a harsh thread.

However on topic I think Dante would make an ace dad - anyone who is willing to put the time and efot in to being a good dad can.

A child at an early age ust needs love and the ability to be there own person. Outside of that you find your way as you go

off topic dda's comment made me chuckle
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 12:51   #20
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

No.
Not yet anyways.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 18:16   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
are you emotional stable?
I doubt anyone can really answer questions like this about themselves which is why I was trying to answer about forum users generally.

But if I did have to answer I'd say yes. I do not mean to suggest that emotional stability = having the same set of emotions at all times, but that ones emotional state should not interfere with a broad consistency in response to behaviour. One of the things that people often seem to do (from my limited observation) is to tolerate a kid doing something x times, and then suddenly on the next ocassion (when the parent loses their temper) scream at the kid. This is a loss of control and if nothing else interferes with a child's development of knowing what is acceptable/desired behaviour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
No.
Not yet anyways.
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 23:37   #22
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I don't think experimenting with copious amounts of drugs is ever going to be when raising a child, but having said that, I imagine Dante would be a good dad.
One point that hasn't been mentioned though: I think that a stabile and loving relationship between ma and pa is very important.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 03:53   #23
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Well, drugs and parenting CAN be bad, but it depends. There are lots of people who manage to live "properly" while eating buckets of e's. The problems come when the addiction takes controll, but that happens with very few who uses drugs. However, there is always a risk of getting busted, and that can have a effect on the childs life, if social services finds out or the police decide to be bastards.
Also, if you're the one in a million who overdoses, then it can be bad. But overdosing is not really a great danger if you're as sensible as Dante seems to be. It's mostly the people who take waaay to much and lose controll or the "newbies" who overdoses. As long as you manage to hold your life together properly and care for the child, the only trouble is the old bill.

I think Dante would make a ace father. In fact, most in here probably would be a ace parent, at least if your internett personalites are anything resembling your real.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote