User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Jul 2005, 16:11   #51
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: funny in a 'these people should never be listened to' kind of way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
and the soviet mess certainly wouldnt have occurred if Marx hadnt written any books.
I don't believe one can truthfully make such a statement.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 17:20   #52
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just to be clear, none of the conservative panel members, at least in the article, suggested that any of the books should be banned. None of them suggested that they shouldn't have been written. All of this crap that conservatives (I am NOT conservative myself) are against learning or advancement is wrong.

The list was about books that they considered to have done more harm than good. It is only great books that have any effect.

You notice that there are no novels on the list.

Conservatives are not always right. Liberals are not always right. Moderates are not always right.

Only Yahwe is always right.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 18:16   #53
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Liberals are mostly left, to be honest.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 18:49   #54
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
So Nodrog.

Lets not read Darwinism, hey lets stop reseaching biology, unless from a biblical standpoint ofcouse.
Lets not read Marx, in fear of learning economics (like his added-value theory) or his historical materialism and dialectism, who has contributed massivly to the social sciences.
Lets make fun of Nader, becouse we dont want safe cars.
Lets not read Keynes, becouse economics isnt for lay-people right?
Lets not read Comte and Mill, couse phiolosophy is bad (let the priests think for us).
Quote:
You're an idiot.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 18:55   #55
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
She's been around for some time, check out the nick "Texan"
Hello G.K. She's from Connecticut. I've never understood how so many people can think that somone born in Connecticut can be a Texan. Also, as you can tell from her bio there is no way she would have time to linger in GD and especially not play five rounds of PA.

BTW, I'm not from Connecticut, just in case you were wondering.

http://www.anncoulter.org/cgi-local/...t.cgi?name=bio
Ann Coulter is the author of four New York Times bestsellers —How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)(October, 2004), Treason: Liberal Treachery From the Cold War to the War on Terrorism (June 2003); Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right (June 2002); and High Crimes and Misdemeanors:The Case Against Bill Clinton (August 1998).

Coulter is the legal correspondent for Human Events and writes a popular syndicated column for Universal Press Syndicate. She is a frequent guest on many TV shows, including Hannity and Colmes, Wolf Blitzer Reports, At Large With Geraldo Rivera, Scarborough Country, HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, The O'Reilly Factor, Good Morning America and has been profiled in numerous publications, including TV Guide, the Guardian (UK), the New York Observer, National Journal, Harper's Bazaar, and Elle magazine, among others. She was named one of the top 100 Public Intellectuals by federal judge Richard Posner in 2001.

Coulter clerked for the Honorable Pasco Bowman II of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and was an attorney in the Department of Justice Honors Program for outstanding law school graduates.

After practicing law in private practice in New York City, Coulter worked for the Senate Judiciary Committee, where she handled crime and immigration issues for Senator Spencer Abraham of Michigan. From there, she became a litigator with the Center For Individual Rights in Washington, DC, a public interest law firm dedicated to the defense of individual rights with particular emphasis on freedom of speech, civil rights, and the free exercise of religion.

A Connecticut native, Coulter graduated with honors from Cornell University School of Arts & Sciences, and received her J.D. from University of Michigan Law School, where she was an editor of The Michigan Law Review.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 19:00   #56
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

she's still a loony.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 19:13   #57
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

is she single?

note im not asking in a 'is she free' kind of manner, but rather 'which poor bastard...'
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 19:41   #58
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
because (even though I agree with his assessment), Zhukov doesn't grasp that others might have a different opinion.
It's not my idea that Marx and Darwin has contributed alot to these three disiplines.
I dont particulary think Adam Smith was a great economist (as a I belive he was proved wrong by reality, even when he lived), but I don't deny that he had an impact on economics.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 19:45   #59
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
Hello G.K. She's from Connecticut. I've never understood how so many people can think that somone born in Connecticut can be a Texan. Also, as you can tell from her bio there is no way she would have time to linger in GD and especially not play five rounds of PA.

BTW, I'm not from Connecticut, just in case you were wondering.
Im sorry, this wasnt about U.S geography. I was more pointing out that you and here seems to share a common (rather right-winged simplistic) view on the world.
Since it shouldnt take much time to splash out all that bullsh*t, Im sure she would have time to play PA and write here on GD.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 19:55   #60
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Im sorry, this wasnt about U.S geography. I was more pointing out that you and here seems to share a common (rather right-winged simplistic) view on the world.
Since it shouldnt take much time to splash out all that bullsh*t, Im sure she would have time to play PA and write here on GD.
It only seems right wing to someone who is admittedly "evil inside."

I am actually quite liberal about many things. Of course, we are back to that same old argument of the definitions of liberal, conservative, left wing and right wing.

Of course there are many people who say that left wing is Anti-American and right wing is Pro-American. I'm not sure why they say that....

Anyway, if you meant I'm Pro-American, then I would have to agree with you.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 20:00   #61
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I am actually quite liberal about many things. Of course, we are back to that same old argument of the definitions of liberal, conservative, left wing and right wing.

Of course there are many people who say that left wing is Anti-American and right wing is Pro-American. I'm not sure why they say that....

you have, so far as I recall, not on one single occasion expressed disagreement with the policies of the present administration; who are so undeniably, and inescapably, right-wing it's physically painful.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 20:23   #62
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
you have, so far as I recall, not on one single occasion expressed disagreement with the policies of the present administration; who are so undeniably, and inescapably, right-wing it's physically painful.
That may be true. I can't recall the contents of the about 990 posts I have made here. I can tell you that I believe that women should generally have the right to seek an abortion, something the current administration would like to restrict. That's only one thing, and a small one at that. And I don't recall that subject coming up on these forums so that I could share that with everyone.

I'm sure there are other things, but it would be pointless for me to actively seek out those things with which I disagree with the current administration. The current administration will remain until we elect another.

You have to understand that I'm Pro-American. I believe that a vast majority of Americans want to be the GOOD guys. Do we screw it up a lot. Yes, we do. But I'll tell you, we don't get a lot of help from some countries who also like to think of themselves as the GOOD guys. And I'm thinking specifically of two power houses, France and Germany.

The people of the United States would like to use whatever influence and power they have to make the world a better place. Is it working? Some would say it is not working at all. They may be right. We won't know until the revisionists have finished writing the history books; however, the governments of France and Germany are not trying to make the world a better place. They are trying to undercut the power and influence of the United States.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 20:29   #63
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

But you prefer living in Germany?
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 20:34   #64
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The people of the United States would like to use whatever influence and power they have to make the world a better place. Is it working? Some would say it is not working at all. They may be right. We won't know until the revisionists have finished writing the history books; however, the governments of France and Germany are not trying to make the world a better place. They are trying to undercut the power and influence of the United States.
you know, as soon as it raises the body count, trying and failing becomes worse than inaction.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 20:36   #65
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
But you prefer living in Germany?
I'm a civilian employee of the U.S. Army here in Germany, and my wife designs books for German book publishing companies. My wife got about $5k in contracts while we were in the United States for two years. Since I moved back to Germany four months ago she has gotten about 14k euros in contracts. I can live just about anywhere that I have a comfortable place to live and a fast Internet connection. The extra money is just an added bonus... that and German beer.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 20:49   #66
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That may be true. I can't recall the contents of the about 990 posts I have made here.
Dude, you're almost at a 1000 posts! You should celebrate or jump off a cliff or something.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 20:54   #67
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
'Dangerous' is a pretty vague term, but assuming we can loosely define it as 'having effects I view as negative',.
That is one of the most truly stupid definitions I've ever heard.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 20:55   #68
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
That is one of the most truly stupid definitions I've ever heard.
Why do you think it is stupid and what would you say is a better definition?
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 21:01   #69
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
you know, as soon as it raises the body count, trying and failing becomes worse than inaction.
True. But you can't know ahead of time that you will fail.

I thought of some more things I disagree with the current administration on -- drug laws, rights of homosexuals, prostitution, abortion and to a certain extent taxes. I'm sure there are others, but I'm just not going to spend any more time thinking about subjects that seem to be of little interest to GDers.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 21:05   #70
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
True. But you can't know ahead of time that you will fail.

I thought of some more things I disagree with the current administration on -- drug laws, rights of homosexuals, prostitution, abortion and to a certain extent taxes. I'm sure there are others, but I'm just not going to spend any more time thinking about subjects that seem to be of little interest to GDers.
Nah, go ahead. We alllove a bit American bashing here, isn't that right dda?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 21:10   #71
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Why do you think it is stupid and what would you say is a better definition?
Because there are plenty of "negative effects" which do not merit the term dangerous or danger. I mean if the local bus company put their prices up 10% that'd be fairly annoying for me, but it seems disengenuous to call it 'dangerous'. Danger - to me - is where life, liberty or security is seriously under threat if someone continues to behave in a normal* fashion. Not just where something "negative" has happened or could have happened.

So, someone placing a trip-wire at the top of a stairs is dangerous because it could mean in the normal act of walking down the stairs you could fall and break your neck. Someone putting a sign saying at the top of a stairs saying "Go on, kill yourself - jump down the stairs" is not dangerous because someone would have to consciously change their behaviour in order to injure themselves/others.

In this context, I don't view any book as dangerous. You could look at certain historical events and then retrospectively apply causes to them, but this seems unhelpful and unrealistic. Sure, we can "blame" Mein Kampt for the NAZIs - but this is silly imho.

* = This is a difficult concept to articulate - I guess I mean "continues to act without conscious intervention"
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 21:59   #72
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:

You obviously havent been living enough in Europe to know that not all europeans consider the democrats to be left-winged. Many of us considers them to be the liberal cousins of their republican brothers.
As long as you support U.S Imperialism (witch you seem to, regarding your other posts in this thread), you can easily be accused of beeing right-winged.

And just to round up, a) Evil Inside has something to do with my playing PA in the old days and b) your country has attacked/fu**** other countries ever since you got independent. Your failure to realise this must come from poor knowlegde of history. I would have been suprised, but it's very common with you gringo's.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 22:23   #73
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Sure, we can "blame" Mein Kampt for the NAZIs - but this is silly imho.
What makes it even more utterly pointless was that it wasn't really a significant factor in Hitler's rise to power, and so the world would be little different had he not written it (ignoring Chaos theory).
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 22:45   #74
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I realise this has already been commented on, but:

Quote:
Marx theorized that the inevitable eventual outcome would be global proletarian revolution. He could not have predicted 21st Century America: a free, affluent society based on capitalism and representative government that people the world over envy and seek to emulate.

nigga, what?
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 22:45   #75
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
You obviously havent been living enough in Europe to know that not all europeans consider the democrats to be left-winged. Many of us considers them to be the liberal cousins of their republican brothers.
As long as you support U.S Imperialism (witch you seem to, regarding your other posts in this thread), you can easily be accused of beeing right-winged.

And just to round up, a) Evil Inside has something to do with my playing PA in the old days and b) your country has attacked/fu**** other countries ever since you got independent. Your failure to realise this must come from poor knowlegde of history. I would have been suprised, but it's very common with you gringo's.
Well, I've only lived in Europe for 16 years and read these forums for almost five years so I might need that part clarified.

If we want to talk about left wing and right wing we have to decide what exactly that means, and it comes down to issues like abortion, homosexual rights, drug laws and probably thousands of other things. And after we have finished that long discussion we will realize that right wing and left wing maybe did not mean what we first thought it meant. If someone was completely left wing as far our as you can get, but still supported U.S. imperialism, would they be left wing or right wing?

I think you need to take a look at your history books one more time. I don't know what country you are from, but I suspect it has done it's share of attacking other countries.

My wife's uncle was watching two countries going at it in an old war movie. Then the wacko ****er turns to me and said "The Americans have always like war." I was stunned. The movie was depicting some Italians conquering some place in Asia Minor 2,000 years ago. The rest of the world has a whole hell of a lot more practice attacking and ****ing up other countries than the United States does. Give us another thousand years and we might catch up.

Your failure to realize this means either you missed a couple history lessons or you've discovered some hidden Utopia with Internet access.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 22:55   #76
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think the general point is that Europe has matured a bit.
Although recent events involving a certain president of questionable intelligence and a man incapable of speaking more than three words without a ten minute pause for breath would cast some doubt on that.

But overall, in terms of foreign policy, I would say the EU has a much more mature and responsibile attitude than the US.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 23:19   #77
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

16 years and you havent gotten it? Oh boy.

Well, over here we usually say right-wing > thinks capitalism is god-given & good, left-wing > thinks capitalism is bad & we could need something new. Someone who thinks U.S imperialism (and the genocides that occur becouse of it) is good, doesnt happen to be called "left-winged" around where I come from...

I come from Norway. Since modern times (1800>), we have been involved (or rather been used) in the war against Serbia (around 1999) and Afganistan (present). 2 whole wars, and there wasnt a bullet fired one of em! Not that our pro-US, right-winged f***** of some politicians doesnt wants us to participate in more of your imperialist wars though...

So take the U.S, just a quicky from my memory:
Killing off most of the natives
Two wars (or was it just one?) against Mexico. (grabbing New Mexico, California etc)
One against Spain (were you took their colony the Philiphines, witch is still a US colony today)
World War I (confirming your status as a great power)
The Korean War
The Vietnam War +Laos and Cambodia (I could forgive you, if you sad sorry and cleaned up the shit you left behind, but oh no)
Grenada/Panama etc
Other "Cold War Fun", including training/funding/instructing/giving arms to various dictators so they could kill their own/attack nabours etc. including Pinochet, 30.000 dead in Argentina, 2-300.000 dead in Guatemala, relocation of a couple of million kurds from the countryside into city slums to control them in Turkey, gassing of kurdish civilians, helping Saddam invade Iran, funding UNITA in Angola (and then later help the goverment when they gave your oil companies drilling rights heh).
Gulf War I (don't say it was just to free Kuwait)
Gulf War II (The Oil at last!)

I know Ive missed a few incidents (like bombing a factory in sudan making painkillers), but hey.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 23:20   #78
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
But overall, in terms of foreign policy, I would say the EU has a much more mature and responsibile attitude than the US.
Generals from the EU-Army have offered to do the "small ones", if the U.S forces is a bit stretched...
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 23:26   #79
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Generals from the EU-Army have offered to do the "small ones", if the U.S forces is a bit stretched...
generals from the what?
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 23:33   #80
Texan
Prince of Amber

G.K.
It's interesting that you left out the history of Norway before the 1800's. I'm not going to say it was bloody, but I believe the phrase "rape, pillage and burn" was created to discuss your ancestors.

It's also interesting that you left out vital bits of Norwegian history after the 1800's as well. No real reason to go into the details, but have you ever heard the name Blücher?

I have been around this forum for five years. You're going to have to do a lot better than that to convince me you Norwegians are not the most bloodthirsty people in the history of the human race.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 23:39   #81
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Killing off most of the natives
Ok. I don't have time to answer all of these, but this particular one has always irritated me.

Europeans killed off most of the natives of North America. Americans just did the mopping up.

Last edited by Texan; 17 Jul 2005 at 23:39. Reason: And perfect for my 1,000th post.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 23:42   #82
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
If we want to talk about left wing and right wing we have to decide what exactly that means, and it comes down to issues like abortion, homosexual rights, drug laws and probably thousands of other things.
The issues you list are generally agreed upon here in norway, and I think this holds more or less for the rest of europe too. In fact, it serves extremely well to show how right the US is, as the only ones having disparaging views of this here are christian fundamentalists.

Here the difference between right and left is mostly an economic one, partly concerning welfare, partly concerning state ownership in general. Giving a flying f*ck about the environment is also considered a leftist trait.
  • Abortion: both right and left wing support abortion. Some disagreement concerning the details though (how long it should be allowed). Marginalized Christian fundamentalists exempt of course (KrF)
  • Homosexual rights: the left is more supportive of legislation concerning discrimination than the right is, but that is due more a to the big state / small state doctrine that any difference of gay-acceptance. Our financial minister, who is conservative, is openly gay.
  • Drug laws. this is pretty much a non-issue. You have movements for legalizing medical marijuhana which are primarily leftist though.

[edit: discussion moved on, was busy playing poker while writing so it took a while... I won $40 though \o/]
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 23:51   #83
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
G.K.
It's interesting that you left out the history of Norway before the 1800's. I'm not going to say it was bloody, but I believe the phrase "rape, pillage and burn" was created to discuss your ancestors.
He left out the history before 1100 yes. 1100-1800 was largely uneventfull as far as Norway's concerned.
Quote:
It's also interesting that you left out vital bits of Norwegian history after the 1800's as well. No real reason to go into the details, but have you ever heard the name Blücher?
One naval base opening fire, a few small torpedoboats getting sunk and entire garrisons surrendering upon sight of the enemy was the score of what happended when we were invaded yes. Although things did get a "tad" more bloody when they ran into the english at Narvik.
Quote:
I have been around this forum for five years. You're going to have to do a lot better than that to convince me you Norwegians are not the most bloodthirsty people in the history of the human race.
We aren't.

We're too small to be able too.

Christ, even the liberation from Sweden was non-violent.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 23:51   #84
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Europeans killed off most of the natives of North America. Americans just did the mopping up.
logic means nothing to you does it.

thinking to you is just something that happens to other people i suppose
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 23:58   #85
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
logic means nothing to you does it.

thinking to you is just something that happens to other people i suppose
Read this before you post more.
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 23:59   #86
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Quote:
when thinking it is often best to focus on these two main areas
1) what did the thing i have just read actually mean?

goodness you could have at least tried.
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 00:05   #87
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
goodness you could have at least tried.
Really, I did try to understand what you meant.

What I thought it meant was that I do not use logic and that rather than thinking before posting I react emotionally.
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 00:08   #88
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Really, I did try to understand what you meant.

What I thought it meant was that I do not use logic and that rather than thinking before posting I react emotionally.
it meant that this phrase:
Quote:
was illogical and ill thought out.

and that maybe you could look at it again to understand why.

but it certainly didn't mean i was angry or had lost my temper.
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 00:14   #89
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
G.K.

What happened 700-1100 isnt really relevent for anything thats happening today is it? Should we blame the Roman Empire upon todays Italians?

Blucher as in the then modern German cruiser who got sunk in april 1940? Or the norwegian nazi by the same name, who's been living in sweden for 20 years becouse he got his as* whooped to many times in Norway?

We are only evil towards whales.
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 00:28   #90
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
it meant that this phrase:

was illogical and ill thought out.

and that maybe you could look at it again to understand why.

but it certainly didn't mean i was angry or had lost my temper.
I was not angry either. I was irritated at a long list of wars the United States was involved in vs. the short list for Norway. Then to add insult to injury, he added the standard line about Americans killing all the native Americans in North American. I have been over this all before on this forum and had people who were kind enough to point out that even though the English, French, Spanish and Portugese conquered North America, in the process killing a majority of the native inhabitants, since those peoples' descendents became Americans, then it was perfectly ok to lay the blame for their deaths on Americans.

I think Europeans have watched too many Hollywood westerns where Americans kill native Americans. It's the only answer I can come up with. They don't even bother to do any research. They already know that the Americans killed all the native Americans. Maybe it's in you fourth grade text books, but just about everyone believes it.
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 00:35   #91
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
What happened 700-1100 isnt really relevent for anything thats happening today is it? Should we blame the Roman Empire upon todays Italians?

Blucher as in the then modern German cruiser who got sunk in april 1940? Or the norwegian nazi by the same name, who's been living in sweden for 20 years becouse he got his as* whooped to many times in Norway?

We are only evil towards whales.
I'm not sure that anything before WWII or even 1990 for that matter is relevant, but I noticed you listed everything you could think of all the way back to before the United States was established. Out of fairness you could have listed all the wars for Norway insteading of just skipping over that part in hopes that the I would not realize that Norway has been involved in considerably more than two wars.

Blucher, the ship. In order to destroy a modern warship, you really need to be fighting in a war.
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 01:07   #92
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I may be wrong but were the European colonies in the Americas not pretty much confined to the east coast of America until (long) after the declartion of independance (1776) and the subsequent American victory in the war of independance(1783) . Surely *every* battle/slaughter and ethnic cleansing (to use the modern in term) prosecuted against the native population (Injuns, to use the john wayne term) could and *should* be attributed to the country/goverment/people of America.

I mean the European monarchies lost control off those people/colonies after 1776 yet the indian wars continued westwards for almost another 100 years until the Pacific ocean was reached.

Ninja.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.

Last edited by Sarina_Joy; 18 Jul 2005 at 07:40.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 01:15   #93
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

America's attitude towards the Indians after their independence is hardly defensible either though.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 01:18   #94
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
I was not angry either. I was irritated at a long list of wars the United States was involved in vs. the short list for Norway. Then to add insult to injury, he added the standard line about Americans killing all the native Americans in North American.
Sorry that I irritated you with facts. Can I make it up to you by inventing some wars, where Norway has attacked/f****** up other countries?

Not all. Just most of em. Read Sarina's post for some enlightenment.
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 01:21   #95
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
I'm not sure that anything before WWII or even 1990 for that matter is relevant, but I noticed you listed everything you could think of all the way back to before the United States was established. Out of fairness you could have listed all the wars for Norway insteading of just skipping over that part in hopes that the I would not realize that Norway has been involved in considerably more than two wars.

Blucher, the ship. In order to destroy a modern warship, you really need to be fighting in a war.
Its a big difference between getting invaded and invade others. Thats why I dont count WWII for Norway, and the same with the US.
What wars have I "skipped"?
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 03:49   #96
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Nah, go ahead. We alllove a bit American bashing here, isn't that right dda?
There does seem to be a certain amount of this.
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 09:22   #97
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
To paraphrase your argument: "The Norwegians must be a war-like bunch of cads, they were invaded by the nazis".
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 14:07   #98
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

I thought Origin would be higher than that. oh well, I guess conservative nutter isn'T a synonym for fundamentalist lunatic then.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 16:22   #99
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I think Europeans have watched too many Hollywood westerns where Americans kill native Americans. It's the only answer I can come up with. They don't even bother to do any research. They already know that the Americans killed all the native Americans. Maybe it's in you fourth grade text books, but just about everyone believes it.
Oh dear. I feel as if I know your history better than you do. Can I be bothered to go and find my A-level History folder with about 50 pages on treatment of Native Americans, or not?
Unread 18 Jul 2005, 18:56   #100
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Oh dear. I feel as if I know your history better than you do. Can I be bothered to go and find my A-level History folder with about 50 pages on treatment of Native Americans, or not?
Do you think your folder has numbers of native Americans living in North America in 1500, 1600, 1700 and 1800. I would really be interested to see those numbers.