Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 20:54   #1
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road
Doom II

Hey all...

I was away for a while and i decided to come see how you all were doing.

I saw that the latest doom thread did not turn out very well (sorry bout that btw) and i thought i'd restart it. If anyone has an objection then do speak up.

You're a marine, one of Earth's toughest, hardened in combat and trained for action. Three years ago your team assaulted a superior officer for ordering you to fire upon civilians. He and his body cast were shipped to Pearl Harbor, while you were transfered to Mars, home of the Union Aerospace Corperation. The UAC is a multi-planetary conglomerate with radioactive waste facilities on Mars and its two moons, Phobos and Deimos. With no action for fifty million miles, your day consisted of suckin' dust and watchin' restricted flicks in the rec room.

For the last four years the militaty, UAC's biggest supplier, has used the remote facilities on Phobos and Deimos to conduct varios secret projects, including reaserch on inter-dimensional travel. So far they have been able to open gateways between Phobos and Deimos, throwing a few gadgets into one and watching them come out the other. Recently however, the Gateways have grown dangerously unstable. Military "volunteers" entering them have either disappeared or been stricken with a strange form of insanity - babbleing vulgarities, bludgeoning anything that breathes, and finally suffering an untimely death of full-body explosion. Matching heads with torsos to send home to the folks became a full-time job. Latest military reports state that the reserch is suffering a small set-back, but everything is under control.

A few hours ago, Mars recieved a garbled message from Phobos. "We require immediate military support. Something fraggin' evil is coming out of the Gateways! Computer systems have gone berserk!" The rest was incoherent. Soon afterwards, Deimos simply vanished from the sky. Since then, attempts to establish contact with either moon have been unsuccessful.

You and your buddies, the only combat troop for fifty million miles were sent up pronto to Phobos. Your team was ordered to secure the perimeter of the base while the rest of the team went inside. For several hours, your radios picked up the sounds of combat: guns firing, men yelling orders, screams, bones cracking, then finally, silence. Seems your buddies are dead.

It's Up To You
Things aren't looking too good. You'll never navigate off the planet on your own. Plus, all the heavy weapons have been taken by the assault team leaving your team with only a pistol. If only you could get your hands around a plasma rifle or even a shotgun you could take a few down on your way out. Whatever killed your buddies deserves a couple of pellets in the forehead. Securing your helmets, you exit the landing pod. Hopefully you can find more substantial firepower somewhere within the station.

As you walk through the main entrance to the base, you hear animal-like growls echoing throughout the distant corridors. They know you're here. There's no turning back now.

Weapons:

Combat Knife: Simple, but effective. Small 6 inch knoife with serated blade. Use for close combat.

Revolver: Six bullet pistol. Used for long and short range.

Pistol (Socom): Normal .45 pistol. Used by most marines in the corp, this pistol is great for all around shooting, or for opening beer bottles. Carries a flashlight holder for night missions

M37: Eight shell single barrel shotgun. Used for short range killings. Can do long range, but less effective Carries a lot of recoil.

Automatic Mauser: Chinese Copy of the american version. Good for horizontal Sweeps of the room.

Assault rifle: 225 round machine gun. Used for short and long range. Inexpensive and easy to use.

Turrets All these come with no penalties But require Mech-head ability)

Assault Turret: Large version of the assault rifle. Extremely fast reload with a 1000 round clip. No penalties

Plasma turret: Superheated electricity thrown out in bolts. No end to rounds, but quality degrades over time.(Only available in security centre) 5skp

Laser turret: As described... Long range, quick and easy kills (Only available in Dock area)

Rocket turret: Fires large missles at whatever target you wish. Onboard hud for accuracy.

Extra weapons (Not available everywhere)
Plasma Gun: Same as turret, but in a smaller and more compact design. Extremely powerful, but easily broken.

Laser pistol: Not very powerful, but useful for opening locked or welded doors.

Portable rocket launcher: As described. Carries small Stinger missles. Also has a small targeter. Has two switches, normal or heatseeker.

Armour:

Bulletproof vest: Standard armour for privates, can take up to 10 bullets. Pretty useless but everyone has them and are useful in quick short-range battles.

Light combat armour: Kevlar re-enforced Armour. Can take up 20 bullets or 2 shotgun shells

Standard Combat armour: Chainmail covered armour. Quite robust, but heavier. Slows down movement.

Heavy Combat Armour: Titanium Coated chainmail armour. Very robust. Can take a laser shot. Extremely heavy.

Sheild Tech Armour: Holographic shield that produces a hard light Shield. Very robust and not heavy.

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 01:28   #2
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice
Re: Doom II

nice.. so does anything here has a cost , durability or hit pts values?
and what or how many thing can we carry?

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 18:52   #3
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

The correct procedure would be evac and nuke the site from orbit. Repeatedly.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 20:51   #4
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

That exerpt looks suspiciously like one out of one of the old old old manuals

If enough people join up though, I'll give it a shot again.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 21:15   #5
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

I agree with flapjack, though im willing to go to my death in a comedic attempt to flee the planet...

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2006, 08:19   #6
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

i guest there wont be any playing , more than a week without any post..

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote