User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Feb 2005, 21:28   #1
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all
The 23

For years and years, Earth had always hoped it could establish a quality space vehicle, capable of hyperspace jumps and long distance missions. With the invention of the FTL drives, these vehicles turned into reality. Almost a half century after the FTL invention, the ESNA (Earth Space Naval Agency) created the first Battle cruiser; the ultimate fighting force and space vehicle. The battle cruisers quickly became the pride of all of Earth.

Then came a new era of strife. The Saphlons appeared. They were a very hostile race and wanted to destroy all human life. The ESNA fought them back; with they’re growing fleet of battle cruisers. The war between the races lasted for generations. These ships destroyed countless Saphlon attacks until both Saphlon and Man agreed to an armistice. Since then, both occasionally saw the other, but they never fired upon the other.

At its peak, the ESNA built 23 battle cruisers, a truly formidable fleet. When together they had a combined total of 2760 duel laser cannons. These ships could stop any attack as well as eventually be used to colonize other worlds and defend the colonies. The ships went out occasionally to train and practice combat maneuvers.

Then one fateful day, a Saph ship dropped in and was accidentally destroyed by volley of shots. The Saph ship was transporting the Saphlon prince back to the home world when he decided to check on the cruisers.

An immediate declaration of war was issued and the 23 retreated back to Earth to re-supply and await the ensuing attacks. The 23 waited for months without any word or response from the Saphlons. Then the attack mankind had feared happened.

The attack began with a single Saph ship dropping out of hyperspace just beyond the moon. It circled the Earth quickly and left the system from a different vector. The ESNA thought nothing of it; a simple mistake had made the ship drop out due to the Earth’s gravity well. The ship had scanned Earth’s defenses and noticed the presence of her 23 battle cruiser fleet. These Battle cruisers are the largest ship in the entire Fleet and provide a large amount of fire power.

Between the lone Saph ships exiting and the Saph fleets appearance was a time window of about three hours. The Saph ships were outside of the system in three nearby systems, waiting for the scout’s report. When the signal came, the three fleets jumped very close into the Sol. System, only a few thousand clicks from Earth itself.

The Saphs had brought 2 Incinerators and a number of carriers; they dropped their fighters and left the system immediately. Saph fleet Alpha appeared over the North Pole around 3 hours after the scout left. Saph fleet Beta dropped in under the South Pole a few minutes after the Alpha fleet appeared. The largest fleet, Saph fleet Delta appeared over the continent of Europe and North America. Then the Incinerators opened fire.

Massive beams of energy poured from the primary Incinerator cannons and melted the two polar caps instantly. Each Incinerator then fire four Earthquake rounds and massive tsunamis launched out through the newly raised seas. 75% of the Earth’s population died right then. The tsunamis roared across every continent and killed everything they came in contact with.

The 23 Battle cruisers immediately entered space around the Earth and prepared to jump out of system. They made a blind jump and all were lucky enough to survive. The Saphs let them go and then proceeded to destroy every last pocket of life with a relentless week long assault using their fighter and the occasional Earthquake round. With the complete devastation of their one and only Earth, humankind is now pissed off and homeless.

These 23 ships are mankind’s last hope. Each ship has a 3,700 man crew. Only 85,100 humans from Earth remain. However, before the first war, there was a rumor of a separate faction of Humans leaving Earth for Alpha Centauri. They were sent away for various reasons, one of which was the fact that they didn’t agree with anything that happened on Earth.

They left in a large colony ship, which was equipped with FTL drives. The renegades took the plans for the drives with them, so we could not follow and wage war or demand and sort of tax from them. This colony ship, if it still exists, is large enough to sustain life onboard indefinitely; it has its own eco-dome. The colony ship took around 520,000 people when it left, so there should be more then enough people to start to replenish a small Earth-like planet. This ship and its contents are still out there, somewhere, waiting. They need the 23 to help avenge Earth.

Roles:
-Captain: Commander of one of the battle cruisers.
-Chief Engineer: Takes care of the ships and the mechanics of them.
-Gunnery Master: Commander of the laser cannons on board, second only to the Captain.
-Second in command: Assists the captain and carries out most orders.
-Marine Commander: Leads the group of 500 marines on each BC.
-Marine: Grunt fighter who boards/attacks enemy ships and installations.
-Chief Pilot: Commands all 5 of the assault shuttles as well as the one he flies.
-Pilot: Commands a small assault shuttle that is used to ferry 100 of the marines or crew.

Required Post Information:

Name:
Role:

Note: Each shuttle has 2 small laser cannons on it and it has shields. Each marine has a light shield and a standard issue ESNA laser assault weapon and (a near endless) supply of Plasma Grenades. Plasma Grenades explode and create a small dome of energy death.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 20:57   #2
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts
Re: The 23

might be interested, will save char post till sum1 else turns up (will probs be gunnery master tho)
small question, is this all set on one of the ships (eg 1 captain, 1 gunnery blokey ect) or will the rpers be divided between them
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 22:19   #3
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

you can be on another RPers ship or an NPC ship, each rper is able to have his own ship tho, unless theyd like a living crew.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 01:58   #4
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Lets all operate on one
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 03:01   #5
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

hmmm

Mrmao, you challenge my authority.....

ok all on one, still 23 ships lol

im desperate for one of my threads to work,

NOTE: CALL THE POSITIONS, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 03:32   #6
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dylan Reed
Role: Marine Commander
History: A career marine. His family had been marines since the Saphlon had been fighting earth. He joined the marines too; however most of his time has been in peace. He eventually went to the Io marine academy. There he graduated 6th in his class as was assigned to (insert name of ship that wants a human Marine commander here).

Since then he has drilled his men to the best of his abilities and resources. Several times he received commendations for the quality of his troops. His men have repeatedly won competitions in basic skills. He brags his men are the true best of the best.

Marine Organization:
Company- 250 men, 5 Platoons
Platton-50 men, 5 squads
Squad- the smallest independent unit can be trusted with most objectives 10 men, 2 fire teams
Fire team- capable of most small objectives 5 men

Also what is marine weaponry, plasma based projectile how many vehicles I got or all infantry? Just give me a better look at the marines or give me an approximate tech to work with.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 07:37   #7
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

ooc/I'll take pilot! /ooc
Name: Kal'rek
Role: Pilot
History: “As my ‘Stabber’ class cruiser blinked out into the portal that I had tried so hard to avoid I realized that I may never see my Eve universe ever again. When my ship, the ‘SH1T’ as I called it, and I were dropped back into space I was confronted with a strange planet. I recognized none of the constellations I knew that being this far away from my universe wasn’t going to be my only problem. There was an explosion. A torpedo ripped through my rear hull ignighting the fuel lines. The explosion sent me in a spin that I couldn't get out of. The planet was getting bigger and bigger. Then I blacked out. How I'd stayed consious so long I dont know.
When I came to I was on the planets surface. I opened my pod and felt the Ectoplasm dribble slowly out. I stepped onto the ground. It was a strange feeling, not at all like the space stations that I had lived on while not in my ship. I had stood on ground before, my home world Matar. I was told that it was once a beautiful place, though when I saw it most of its beauty had been taken by centuries of turmoil. I went there when I was nine my parents took me, determined that I was going to see our home. The war had forced them from their home and my mother had given birth to me on some transport ship. Even though I knew Matar wasn’t my birth place it still felt like home. I was there for all of four months before the slave ships came and I was working under mind control for the Amarrians for ten years before I was set free. Now after surviving on nothing I’ve been transported some how to this horrible planet.
I stepped out of my busted pod and was staring down the barrel of some kind of weapon.
The so-called earth military held me captive for so long I almost forgot where I came from. They accused me of being a Saph spy amongst other things. Though when they finally tested my DNA they found that it couldn’t be Saph. With no skills apart from my piloting, and no ship and no way home I asked for asylum on their planet Earth. Asked if I could join their ESNA and prove my self as a pilot. This proved to be hard. Their controls were so different. I slowly worked my way up until I was positioned on one of their battle cruisers. I have to say that this planet does feel more like home than my system did.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 10:43   #8
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

Name: Simon Novalis
Role: Chief Engineer
History: Novalis was born ship-board to a couple of happily married ratings, and has always felt at home in space. He feels almost spiritually close to machines, and despite his lack of previous formal training was accepted to the Naval College of Engineers on the strength of his test results, where he finished with honors. Life there was made more difficult by the dismissiveness of his classmates and some of his teachers at the pretensions of such a lowlife, but Novalis cared little as long as he got to work meaningfully with his machines.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 12:33   #9
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

Name: Forsten
Role: Gunnery Master
History: Despite little actual combat experience, Forsten excelled in all simulations the academy could throw at him, and only ever lost once, although it was later proven that there had been a glitch in the system. During the attack on Earth he was tanking what was supposed to be a temporary tour of duty on the battle cruiser to familiarise himself with the weaponry while the main gunnery master was on shore leave. The idea was that if there was an attack it would be a small skirmish, and the other 22 ships would be able to cope easily if he screwed up.

/ooc/ has anyone named the ship yet?/ooc/
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 15:09   #10
mrmao
oh...sexy...

hhhmmm how about Stormgaurd
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 15:35   #11
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

Name: Slick Summers
Age 32
History: I hate writing history..... Just say i'm good....
I wanted my own ship, hmmz, oki i thought of history

Slick operated a small cargo ship, which he had upgraded from his old ship he stold years agi, which now had sublight engines, and a hologramatic computer, a woman, who had got him out of scrapes before, he joined the millitary with his ship.

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 19:54   #12
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

/ooc/ points slick to the name of the thread "the 23", and the introdustion post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupter
The 23 Battle cruisers immediately entered space around the Earth and prepared to jump out of system. They made a blind jump and all were lucky enough to survive. The Saphs let them go and then proceeded to destroy every last pocket of life with a relentless week long assault using their fighter and the occasional Earthquake round. With the complete devastation of their one and only Earth, humankind is now pissed off and homeless.

These 23 ships are mankind’s last hope.
Quote:
-Pilot: Commands a small assault shuttle that is used to ferry 100 of the marines or crew.

Note: Each shuttle has 2 small laser cannons on it and it has shields.
so how does ur cargo ship fit into this?/ooc/
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 20:52   #13
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaag
/ooc/ points slick to the name of the thread "the 23", and the introdustion post

so how does ur cargo ship fit into this?/ooc/

I dnt kno..... i just want it too

Unread 15 Feb 2005, 21:39   #14
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

hmmm ok slick..... your "cargo ship" will replace a shuttle. You have hangar space and you can ferry 300 men and some vehicals, or a little of both.

about the ship name, up to you guys, there is one ship that youre all on tho, unless i get enough people to have two "living" ships.

Mr. Mao- marines are armed with a standard laser assault rifle, dont worry bout ammo and such since they run on fuel cells that pretty much never run low. The vehicals the squads come with are APCs, each capable of carrying a squad. Effectively, you have 25 APCs in your control. Each shuttle can carry 5 at a time and slicks cargo ship can carry 10. (providing that slick isnt a bastard and helps you.)

oh yeah......we need a captain for the ship itself........after i have a captain, then we can start and add newcomers later.
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 22:59   #15
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

i say we call her alea jacta est (the die is cast)
or cogito ergo pwn
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 23:44   #16
mrmao
oh...sexy...

the die is cast is good my vote for that one, now we need a captain
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 23:54   #17
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Quote:
hmmm ok slick..... your "cargo ship" will replace a shuttle. You have hangar space and you can ferry 300 men and some vehicals, or a little of both.

about the ship name, up to you guys, there is one ship that youre all on tho, unless i get enough people to have two "living" ships.

Mr. Mao- marines are armed with a standard laser assault rifle, dont worry bout ammo and such since they run on fuel cells that pretty much never run low. The vehicals the squads come with are APCs, each capable of carrying a squad. Effectively, you have 25 APCs in your control. Each shuttle can carry 5 at a time and slicks cargo ship can carry 10. (providing that slick isnt a bastard and helps you.)

oh yeah......we need a captain for the ship itself........after i have a captain, then we can start and add newcomers later.
Yay... tnx.

Erm its called tempus fugit (my ship)

And i think the ship should be called the mayflower, sounds good

Unread 16 Feb 2005, 01:51   #18
mrmao
oh...sexy...

nah to Were running from from an oppresive church
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 01:52   #19
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

ok we have 2 for The die is cast

on for mayflower

any other takers?

note: if tyoure name suggestion fails, dont whine or anything, democracy rules all votes :P
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 02:26   #20
mrmao
oh...sexy...

ahhh oppresion of the minority, so democratic
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 23:28   #21
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

i'd go for AJE purely because i have a compilation of belgian emo bands with that title
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 09:49   #22
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

i vote the die is cast
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 19:44   #23
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

for all those voting the die is cast, you do realise i just put it as a translation of Alea Iacta Est dont u?

Last edited by Flaag; 17 Feb 2005 at 21:00.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 20:38   #24
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

We still need a captain.....
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 23:03   #25
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Well my vote is for Alea Jacta Est, definately. Even if for obscure reasons.
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 00:34   #26
mrmao
oh...sexy...

oh yeah thats half the fun, and were do we get a capt. we need someone who likes to boss others around, if all else fails go talk to all your internet friends
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 12:14   #27
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

Hawk101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Name: Hawk
Role: Captain
History: Rose through the ranks very quickly after exceling at very many classes. Served in the 98th divison for 8 years, before being promoted to his current positon.
Hawk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 22:47   #28
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

ooc/ Thankyou hawk for answering my prayers and attaining my wish of having a captainby today.

DM TIME!!!

The 23 ships dropped out of hyperspace on the outer fringes of a heavily planetized solar system. There were easily twenty or so planets all orbiting a brand new star. These planets vary in color and size. The ships had been able to communicate coordinates to each other right before jumping. Not knowing how far they acctually jumped, there is a chance that the Saphs could be close by or on the other side of the galaxy. The 22 ships with the exception of the Die Is Cast (:P) slowly pushed forward, forming a ball around the flagship. (the Die Is Cast being the flagship) After arriving in that position they await orders.

OBJECTIVES: Scan nearby planets for signs of any life. Locate colony ship or its colony.

ooc/ Hawk, youre being captain of the FLAGSHIP you kindahave occassional control over every ship, but you have supreme control over your own ship. You can only order the other 22 as to where to fly.
Unread 19 Feb 2005, 21:57   #29
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

ooc/ k but does that mean i am making the plot ?
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 12:30   #30
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

Name: Fishbone
Role: Second-in-Command
History: Fishbone's ascension through the ranks was not due to his skill, his teamwork, his way with people or any other redeeming quality. He was lucky enough to be born into a military family, his father having many powerful friends. It had not been difficult to get him onto one of the 23, and once there he used his influence to move up the ranks.

Now he has reached the ripe old age of 31, Fishbone had his eye on one last goal - Captain of a battlecruiser. Once all life on Earth was destroyed however, he took it hard. The realisation of how he should be working for the team, and not for himself (or perhaps, that the rewards of being a captain aren't as great now...) knocked him out of his arrogant shell, and he is eager to help save the human race.
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 02:08   #31
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

ooc/ Hawk, technically you are...but since I am god of this thread, i will take over and guide you and give you more stuff to do when you run out of things to do. Just be creative, dont go crazy, and have fun

that last part applies to all of you as well.
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 20:30   #32
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

Ok, that was rough. Kal'rek, Slick, scan the area, I want to know exactly where we are.
Novalis status report ?
Forsten, how are our firing capabilities ?
Reed, all men status report ?
Fishbone, contact the ships I want to know the status of all crew.
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 20:38   #33
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

/ooc/ GAH!! I wanted the latin name /ooc/
"Sir, as far as I can see the lasers are fine, they seemed to be more focused on killing Earth than her fleets"
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 22:21   #34
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

Very good, Forsten make sure firing capability is at full , you never know when something could come at us,
stay alert.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 02:07   #35
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Colonel Dylan Reed looked up from the read out of the system. The out look wasn’t very good right now Earth was gone, and only the 23 were left. Without a home port the 23 or at least the marines could not operate indefinitely. Dylan began his report, “Well sir the men are good. However we don’t have all the equipment we need to carry out planetary assaults. We need anti-vehicle weapons, artillery pieces, and tanks, to name a few things. We can defend the ship maybe even carryout a raid, but for earnest invasion we need that equipment.” Dylan finished his report and turned back to the system report.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 10:58   #36
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Slick disconnects his pride and joy from the docks and flies out, on a seemingly search and rescue mission. He turns on his hologram computer, which was a beautiful woman.

"How may i help you oh master? She replies, in a sensual voice "I'm looking for the colony that we came from"

A large screen comes out of the console, and turns on, it starts to search. A few minutes later, a loud bleeping sound occurs. Slick looks at the screen and see a small planet on the monitor. He turns his radio on and says "Ok, i may have found it, but i'm not sure, have a quick look at the planet on my monitor. Transferring data to you now"

Unread 23 Feb 2005, 18:25   #37
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

Hawk looks through the main glass, "Ok Reed , iam sure the convoy will have all the equipment we need, keep morale up, I know what we are going through colonel"
"Got it now Slick, we might have to land if hospitable to check for further repairs and maybe find out where the hell we are"

"Ok, the surface doesnt look disimilar to mercury's, Il need further scan information as we get closer people, I don't want to get shot at, we could be all that's left for Earth, Captain out"

Hawk stands on the bridge arms folded behind his back. A very toughened man with many war scars, he sheds a single tear for his family and for Earth, he must never let his team down.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 19:40   #38
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

A buzz of static blares out into onto the bridge.
"..lem i'm afraid, Captain." Novalis' voice emerges from the static with an edge of controlled panic.
"The fuel reserves weren't full before we left, understandably, but we've used greater amounts than i'd exp.."
The rest of the message is lost, but readouts display a worrying lack of power reserves.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 19:52   #39
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

"Can anyone recover the rest of that message ? Damn !"
Main com "All availiable ships, the flagship is loosing considerable power, need assistance, repeat need assistance!"
"Damnit! If we loose all power one of the convoy ships wouldn't have a chance to stop before be halt still,
Iam counting on you Novalis, you have gotta find that problem"
Flagship com "Someone get down to the engine room now ! I wanna find what the engine has got.."

Main computer Low Power
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 11:41   #40
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Sweat pouring off of him as he ran desperately around the engineering deck, Novalis over saw the jury-rigging and preliminary diagnostics of the power reserves. Trying once again (and failing) to use the ship comms, he sent a plain text warning to the Captain.

I think i can bring the situation back to our control; we still have some reserves we can call upon, and i'm routing them to your command. We absolutely must make re-charging and re-fuelling our first objective on land fall however. All ships in the fleet are suffering similarly, to greater or lesser degrees. I will do what i can.
First Engineer Novalis
Unread 1 Mar 2005, 04:16   #41
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

As the Flagships powers start to fail, the ship's lights blink a few times. The fleet tightens up the ball around the flagship and two shuttles are deployed to restore power to the ship.

anarcharnate: You suddenly realize that the ship shouldnt lose power because it is running or high tech systems that dont lose power, it isnt how they work.

Hawk: You struggle with the comms wondering what the hell is going on with your ship since power should be at 100% near constantly and it should never fall so low.

Mrmao/ fishbone/ slick: You all look over your data screens and start to check the lists of the other battlecruisers as their stations report in to you.

ALL: The ship is slowly losing power, you currently dont know why and it would be advised that security is checked along with the engines and powercells themselves. There is still no present danger from outside the ship at this time.
Unread 2 Mar 2005, 23:11   #42
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

"Damn, I can't lock down the problem, what the hell is going on ?"
"Ok we are getting back-up power noe good work people, now would someone find out what the hell the problem is.... and get me a damn coffee"