User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:12   #1
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute
I have this back problem.....

This has been going on for months now, and it`s beginning to piss me off. I can`t reach down and pick things off the floor, I have to crouch down. Running is also a bit problematic. Sit ups are tricky, but I`ve been doing that in the mornings to get things moving again. The cause is not my bed; the matress is brand new. I think the cause is sitting around all day suring the internet, watching TV, generally leading too much of a sedentary life style. Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do aleviate this problem? Like special exercises? Nurophen helps, but does n`t get rid of the problem. Thanks.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:17   #2
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I have this back problem.....

No, not at all. I`m 5` 11 tall, and weigh 11 stone. That`s aok.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:18   #3
Danae
loved

Danae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
I think the cause is sitting around all day suring the internet, watching TV, generally leading too much of a sedentary life style.
How about not doing all of that?
Danae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:21   #4
pyirt
nomen est omen

Yeah I know, but my back is still out of place.

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:23   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Go to the doctor you fool.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:38   #6
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

I have the perfect empirical solution to your problem.

Try to shut down one appliance at a time and see if it helps your back. If not, turn all back on and enjoy them standing. If that doesn´t help, turn off appliances one by one whilst standing up.

Fixed.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:39   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: I have this back problem.....

Go to the local blacksmiths and get some kind of metal backplate fixed to correct your posture.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:44   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sounds like you need to stay on GD asking us what to do so that your back problem gets worse.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:45   #9
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

´get a backbone, spineless git´ comedy option
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:54   #10
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

go to a thai massager, those little thai girls will pop every living bone in your body, feels good mostly, some bones will make you wince, but wont really hurt - just a really annoying feeling on some - but will definitely make you feel better as soon as you walk out of that place - they got "with special ending" packages on some thai massage places

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 17:57   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Or he could go to his doctor and get a referal to a professional phsyiotherapist.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 18:00   #12
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Or he could go to his doctor and get a referal to a professional phsyiotherapist.
yea that too, but physical therapists dont have "happy ending" packages

Unread 3 Feb 2005, 18:00   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

'9" Dildos and their curative properties with regards to acute back pain - a paper by Marilyn Manson.'
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 18:01   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
yea that too, but physical therapists dont have "happy ending" packages
Depends on which one you go to.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 18:24   #15
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Dude, go to a doctor/physiotherapist.

I have a back problem caused by lifting a 17" monitor 18 months ago. The problem wasnt too bad initially and the pain went away after a few days. About 2 months later I started getting funny sensations in my whole let that eventually became permanent. I didnt think it was anything to do with my back at the time but many months after my leg started playing up I would get terrible lower back pain and like you had trouble bending, lifting and generally moving around.

My back also started cracking quite loudly and eventually I went to the doctors to ask for more than painkillers/anti-inflamatory tablets he had been giving me.

The outcome of 3 month physio treatment is that I damaged a muscle that when left and my bodies inability to use them caused muscle around the spine to deteriorate and weaken to an extent that my posture changed so that nerves were touching things the shouldnt. I also ended up with a unstable disk.

Its getting better but it is taking a long time - I now play football again (although very carefully). If I'd realised the problem sooner I wouldnt have taken so long.

Please go see a doctor and/or physiotherapist straight away.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 18:24   #16
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All of demiGOD's posts seem to be about how he's kicked someone's ass, or how he met some cute girl, or how he scored with some cute girl.

He's all I aspire to be in a man.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 18:30   #17
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

im not really all about that - im wholesome too, i like other things like food, music, movies, stuff - i love the beach and the ocean - sorry to have given you the aura of pervertedness through my posts

Unread 4 Feb 2005, 01:01   #18
pyirt
nomen est omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester

I have a back problem caused by lifting a 17" monitor 18 months ago. The problem wasnt too bad initially and the pain went away after a few days. About 2 months later I started getting funny sensations in my whole let that eventually became permanent. I didnt think it was anything to do with my back at the time but many months after my leg started playing up I would get terrible lower back pain and like you had trouble bending, lifting and generally moving around.

My back also started cracking quite loudly and eventually I went to the doctors to ask for more than painkillers/anti-inflamatory tablets he had been giving me.

The outcome of 3 month physio treatment is that I damaged a muscle that when left and my bodies inability to use them caused muscle around the spine to deteriorate and weaken to an extent that my posture changed so that nerves were touching things the shouldnt. I also ended up with a unstable disk.

Its getting better but it is taking a long time - I now play football again (although very carefully). If I'd realised the problem sooner I wouldnt have taken so long.

Please go see a doctor and/or physiotherapist straight away.
Shit. What your saying is worrying to me. My friends say I should also see the doc :/

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 02:10   #19
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

First of all go to a doctor, ofcause. Try to go for walks in the woods or in parks if possible. Atleast situps might do the problem worse. Ofcause exersising your back is smart, but situps might not always be the best solution. So getting some help from experts is recommended.

Or do like me and sit in same chair most of the year and keep getting a worse back :P
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 02:16   #20
Tomkat

Hope you don't die, dude!
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 02:58   #21
Tomkat

So does Jesus but I don't see how he's any help with this lazy bum's problem. We need to get him on his feet and doing some exercise.
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 03:14   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
Visit a dildo merchant first tho'.
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 11:22   #23
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

Had the same sort of problem, althought this is going back a whil (secondary school) I got Back Spasms, Damn Painful... i couldn't even walk when they happened.

Went to doctor. Gave me anti-inflammatries and pain killers. Pain went, Got on with life.

End

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 11:32   #24
pyirt
nomen est omen

Yes, I think the sit ups could make things worse. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 11:55   #25
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I've gone to my doc with my back before and he's given me anti-infammatories and sent me on my way. Each time it pains me he just tells me its inflamed and it doesnt need attention.
I think I might sue.