User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 31 Aug 2004, 10:58   #1
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road
Planet bar v7.12

in the depths of space, past the milky way, and alpha centuri, there lies a run-down, old and battered space ship which is floating endlessly in space.

the computer that is controlling the ship is on standby and so the jets are not firing and the whole ship is at a standstill.

suddenly the comuter fires up and starts clicking and whirring away as if it was not asleep in the first place, whole noncensica starts flashing up in the screen, and then it goes silent. in the blank screen a large message appears. "approaching danger atmosphere level" this message keeps flashing on the screen as all the lights start to blink back into life.

the oxy regeneration machine starts up and pressure is re-applied to the ship.a solitary door opens and inside is the ships cryostasis section. one solitary pod opens, inside is slick, the captain of the vessel. as he awakens, his soul reaver lights up with a blue and green shimmer and he begins to walk the ships surface.

"why did the ship wake me up so far away from belazoid? i'm not even past alpha yet.... oh well, better talk to her."

slick walks over to the control room and sees the message flashing on the screen. a small sigh bursts from his mouth. he starts to tap away at the controls and fires all the jets... they are not enough to get the ship from the massive gravatational pull, so he slows the ship so it can land. as it does a large pair of legs appear from the bottom of the ship and they land with a thud. as they dissapear, he start the main program named "Planet bar" the ship opens out and becomes the bar he recognises. he sends out a distress signal hoping that some of his old punters come and give him a hand.

planet bar is re-born!

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 11:17   #2
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve
Re: Planet bar v7.12

Scratching his head at the sight of this strange device descending from the heavens, Novalis peeks out of the bushes that are his home and considers what this omen could mean. Maybe the gods have finally blessed me...
wandering up to the front door, Novalis peeks his head inside.
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 12:32   #3
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

Triolus picks up the distress signal while on sabattical, deciding he has shunned company for long enough, he changes course and heads towards the planet, when he lands he traces the source of the signal, and orders a beer.
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 14:22   #4
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*Flapjack's frigate suddenly lurched out of quantum slipstream as the computer identified and recognised the origin of the distress call, during this rather unpleasant event, Flapjack finds himself moving from his desk, to the closet on the other side of the room*

*15 minutes later Flapjack manages to free himself from the closet and heads out onto the bridge, about to shout about suddenly stopping the ship, when he sees the mainviewscreen is displaying the planet bar*

"Hmm, well, what are you waiting for, set a course and engage at maximum sp...."

*Flapjack was unable to finish his sentence as he was hurled back into the closet when the ship immediatly fired the main engines, accelerating from 0 to 1000000000km/s in the span of half a second*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 15:43   #5
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

After realising that imperfections in the theory of parallel evolution have rendered him about half the size of the bar's apparent target drinkers, Novalis hunts around for something with which to mount a barstool. Two minutes and some frantic wrestling with an upturned bin later, he rests his weary chin upon the bar and orders a double whiskey.
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 20:48   #6
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

*Ginge is thrown out of a portal into a wall, wherupon he stands up, brushes himself off and walks over to the bar*

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 21:28   #7
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Gryffin is an unknown quantity at this point

*Gryffin's fighter drops into normal space, and homes in on the distress signal, waking Gryffin up as it does so. Gryffin climbs into the cockpit from the small living area wedged between the fuel tanks and oxygen tanks in the walls, and the food and water tanks in the floor and ceiling. Expecting to see a desert like planet with his destination, he instead sees a rather larger greener planet. Inspecting his readouts, he finds the distress signal. He lands nearby, and flys over to the much larger ship that is emitting the signal. Walking in, he is surprised to find a bar, but decides to go with the flow, and heads over to the bar.*

"Guiness, please, pint of. Any idea if there's a crashed ship around here? I'm looking for one."

<mintos> I got to stop talking
Gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 21:47   #8
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack's ship exited slipstream travel in the same way it had done before, this time however everyone was prepared and thus there was no random flying of solid objects across the room, a moment later this did however occur as some idiot almost crashed into the front of the c*ckpit as they began landing, the small fighter apparently not having noticed them as it went by*

*A few uneventfull minutes later the ship lands with an audible thud, about 100 meters from the planet bar, upon which all 76 crew members rush out towards the bar, Flapjack exiting behind them and as he exited told the computer to lock the ship down and reactivate with his command codes only, before heading over to the now much more crowded bar*

"Hmm, 76 pints and 1 acid volcano bomb please."

Unread 2 Sep 2004, 13:01   #9
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

*AcidK blinks into the area, already seated and already having a cigar in his mouth.*

One Myst Breaker, bottle
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 14:09   #10
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

*a loud crash is heard from the kitchen area, from out the kitchen comes mrmao dusting himself off*
"well hope you had a plan to put a sky light in the kitchen."
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 15:45   #11
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

(soz guys, i'm trying to get to a net worthy comp as none at home, so if delays, go off on your own stories here)

a large blue sphere wonders down the stairs and as it stops at the bar, a large shimmering sword is showing, it spins around and slick stands there getting the drinks.

"ahh acid, my old friend, how are you at the moment? any stories to tell?

Unread 2 Sep 2004, 22:30   #12
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Not really, none that I envoicely allowed to say. Assassinations, you know how it is.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 21:51   #13
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

ASME, picking up a general distress signal decided to take a look to seewho needed help this time, upon arival at the source of the signal he found him self in a bar with several people already sat with drinks and cigars, deciding to go along with his gut feeling ASME walks up to the bar and orders himself a large baileys....

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 19:34   #14
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Anarcharnate turns slowly to the guy next to him with upmost grace
"So," he began " What are you God of?"
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:05   #15
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

ASME turns even slower than Anarcharnate, and with the upmost grace says...

"Nowhere, in particular, and your not the boss of me now...." ASME says...

looking around ASME finds the scene rather boring and so digs out his jacked-up pulse-cannon riffle, holding it in both hands ASME stands up and shoots the next thing to move... afterwards, he heads for a corner dragging several pieces of sheet trillium, the metal most resistant to most things, behind him. Once there ASME sets up a small 'fort' with several turrets with numerous illegal weapons mounter... there ASME waitedfor someone to try and shoot him back.....

Unread 6 Sep 2004, 22:03   #16
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin had just started to wave for the barman to get him his pint only to find his hand got blown off. Frowning, he concentrates, and the spattered remains jump off the walls, swirling into a red hurricane around the end of his arm, and when the motion dies down, a new, if rather sore and red looking, hand has replaced the bloody stump. Gryffin shakes his head; he doesn't like telemorphics, even if he is damn good at it. Deciding waving isn't going to work, he vaults the bar and begins to pour himself a pint, while blinking the money out of his wallet and into the till.*

Unread 6 Sep 2004, 22:09   #17
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

ooc/ ASME, is your little redoubt inside the bar??

Disrupter walks from out of the bathroom and zips up his fly. He stretches after....releaving himself and sits down in a booth and looks over the menu.

"Waiter or bar....person....ill have a basket of onion rings and a tall frosty ale."

Disrupter reclined back in his seat and put up his feet and awaited his food.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 15:22   #18
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack only narrowly avoided a pulse round after it blew off Gryffin's hand*

"Okay, whoever fired that is dead."

*Flapjack turned around to see ASME hurriedly setting up a fortress of Trellium plating. Thus Flapjack takes out a small quantum pistol and fires it at the fortress, which promptly begins turning into dust*

*A few seconds later, when the dust from the fortress cleared, Flapjack grinned as a loud *Click* sounded through the area, followed by a series of pulse rounds blasting their way towards the now unprotected ASME*

"Eat... HE"

Unread 7 Sep 2004, 16:38   #19
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

"Oh!" Novalis grinned. "War Gods- should be exciting..."
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 17:10   #20
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Slick looks at the giant fort that has errected itself in the corner of the room, and is slightly peeved (to say the least) he jumps over the bar and looks at the fort at a closer distance.

looking mad, his eyes turn a dark red and he pulls the cloak over himself. a slight wind starts to blow and as people puts jackets on to keep warm, the wind gets stronger and stronger, making things fall from the walls and all moving towards slick at an incredible rate, suddenly the winds stop and slick is silent. then without warning, the wind is struck back out from slick and it hits the fort, making it's towers topple over.

Slick looks at the delapidated fort and goes.... thats better, slick then shifts to the spectral realm and re-appears behind the bar

Unread 8 Sep 2004, 22:17   #21
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin finishs pouring his pint, and then sits quietly sipping it while watching the fort be destroyed simulateously by two rather powerful people, one of which he knew quiet well. He is an enjoyable show, and a suitable entertainment for his mood.*

Unread 9 Sep 2004, 08:03   #22
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

A frozen corpse, travelling at extreme speeds, smashes against the ship, the body showers into a thousand gibs and blink into the bar, falling in every crevase of the area.

The bodyparts/gibs slowly decrystalize and swarm together, building a body from the ground up, when it is finished, Muha stands tall, though slightly disfigured because of a missing eye

"Hey!, anyone seen an eye round here?"

Before an answer can be said, Muha spots the eye in someones glass, and quickly fetches it from the beverage, before placing it back into the socket

"Excuse me, has anyone got a mirror, must check my image..."
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 13:09   #23
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK was absent-mindedly smoking his cigar. He was noted a Demi-God many years back, but since those days he had let his strengths slide and slowly wither away. However, he still sat at the bar as everything else happened around him. He took another shot of Myst Breaker before carrying on toking on his cigar.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 16:36   #24
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Slick stands, watching the mayhem and ponders over old times. he pours himself a reaver (to all those who dont know what it is, it is a mixture of souls and the spirit that the reaver is made of) and sits in his leather chair, waiting for something to happen

Unread 25 Sep 2004, 13:06   #25
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Slick walks over to the bar and gets a drink..

Unread 26 Sep 2004, 06:33   #26
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

appears for no apparent reason in a small poof, looking vaugly irritated he begins prowling around the bar in search of something small and meaty
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 21:34   #27
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

mrmao notices his slightly less then aveargae height and avearde build and climbs up a bar stool to look bigger.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 11:49   #28
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looks down at Mr. Mao, being taller than most, and offers to raise the stool in order for Mao's head to be fully shown over the bar.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 19:33   #29
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

mc sees mr mao and wonders why he seems worried about his height when his own height was less than three feet

silly person

looking about mc catches sight of the collapsed fortress and rushes over, he begins re-erecting the panels with an inward facing slope and welds them together with a special torch that he pulls from the small backpack that he almost always carries about, he finishes the walls within seconds and puts up the turrets, attaching them to the firestep with heavy rivets, he then makes a few final changes to make the structur more solid and comfortable and quickly falls asleep in a nook under the walls

Last edited by Mad cat; 27 Sep 2004 at 19:40.
Mad cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 21:42   #30
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin watches madcat with some interest, and once he has finished his renovation, Gryffin turns to Acidk and shakes his head.*

"What is it with cats and having a really small hiding place to curl up and go to sleep in?"

Unread 28 Sep 2004, 11:30   #31
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looked up at the bar and thought for a second.*

Warm environment, usually dark so light cannot annoy them too much... and I suppose they usually cannot be disturbed by others.

*AcidK looked at Gryffin with a smile.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 15:25   #32
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack began building a spaceship from components normally found in a bar, such as chairs, steel plates, a pool table and a sleeping cat*

Unread 28 Sep 2004, 19:54   #33
Mad cat

is rudely awakened when he is installed as a peice of some contraption that vaugly resembles a spaceship

huh? uh... RAWR!!

untangles himself from the mess of stuff and flings himself a flapjack, miscalculating his trajectory, instead of landing on flapack's head he crashes into flapjack's right shin and begins chewing on it
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 22:09   #34
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Get's down off stool and laughs at the cat he sees attacking someone's shin.
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 08:44   #35
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack notices Mad Cat awakens inside the little running wheel which would be used to generate power.*

*Flapjack realises he forgot to add bars to it so the cat couldn't escape, by the time Flapjack realised this, the cat however was on a collision course and in mid-air*

*Thus Flapjack grabbed the first solid object near him, being MrMao, and began slamming it into mad cat and increasingly great velocities*

"Let go you stupid cat."

Unread 29 Sep 2004, 14:08   #36
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK turns around and records this on the mental level. This would be a highlight of Psychic Academy talk for time to come
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 18:12   #37
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Slick looks around at the bar, watching flapjack, his pilot getting attacked by a mad cat... he walks over to the cat and flings him off flapjack using his sword

Unread 29 Sep 2004, 18:28   #38
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack notices someone getting between him, MrMao and the cat at the very last moment*

*Flapjack wonders how good Slick is at flying at the very last moment before MrMao impacts violently*

ooc/ I was hitting him with a large humanoid being, now you got in the way Slick, prepare to fly /ooc

Unread 29 Sep 2004, 18:33   #39
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick flies across the rom aand lands with a graceful one knee. he then starts picking up chairs and hitting the cat with them.

Unread 29 Sep 2004, 19:43   #40
Mad cat

becomes a little bit confused as he is suddenly forced from flapjacks leg after being bludgeoned with a shortish person, his claws rake a set of rather nasty gashes accross falpjacks leg as he is flung into the air, as he begins learning the delicate art of flying he reaches out and grabs onto a light that happened to be protruding from the ceiling, he manages to hang on and in the process ends up digging his claws into the ceiling, then the various peices of furniture start hitting him

ow! hey- what? OW!

drops down as a chair comes at him and grabs onto the seat, after getting a good grip he sticks his head over the edge of the seat and yells at whoever happens to be there

what is yor problem you silly tart!?!!?
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 19:45   #41
flapjack
crashed computer

*At which point Flapjack takes out a small (for a golden dragon) Phaser rifle and opens fire on Mad Cat, which currently has his back turned towards Flapjack, at the same time screaming something at clothes and food*

Unread 29 Sep 2004, 20:05   #42
Mad cat

hears the clinking sounds of a weapon being pulled out of somewhere and jumps back to the ceiling just before peice of chair that he was attached to is vaporized, he runs around on the ceiling and dives behind the walls of his fortress, he pops up behind one of the turrets and begins returning fire

RARG!!
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 20:47   #43
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack watches as the chair suddenly explodes in Slick's hands, while at the same time firing a second shot at the Mad Cat as it spurts off the ceiling, parts of it coming down towards Slick due to the blast. Flapjack then bursts into laughter when the turret Mad Cat tries to use does nothing more then click, due to the fact the capicitor unit from it was used for his makeshift spaceship*

*Flapjack then continues firing towards Mad Cat, rapidly vaporising off the remaining armor plates while he himself took to cover behind a table he toppled*

Unread 30 Sep 2004, 14:09   #44
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Slick sees the chair vaporise in his hands, and dodged the ceiling falling down off his ceiling. he then takes his sword and attacks mad cat and his castle. widly eeryone ses a large green flash destroying everyting.

Unread 14 Oct 2004, 13:53   #45
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Slick goes back behind the bar and starts to serve drinks again

Unread 14 Oct 2004, 14:15   #46
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack continues building his spaceship, which will now be using MC power*

Unread 14 Oct 2004, 19:36   #47
Mad cat

dodges slick and stays away from flapjack to avoid being turned into a powerplant

get hampsters you! or lab rats!
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 14:21   #48
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Slick runs to the ships controls and turns the jets on, hoping he can get off this godsforasken planet.....

*engines rev*

Unread 18 Nov 2004, 15:20   #49
flapjack
crashed computer

Flapjack runs back to his ship

Unread 18 Nov 2004, 15:49   #50
ASME
DarkStar

ASME wakes up and looks around, feeling the ground beneith him shaking, he heads for a coner and straps himself into a wheel looking machine hoping that it will save him form impending doom. ASME then realises he is in a giant hampster wheel........