User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 Nov 2006, 23:36   #1
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute
Where are all the (ex-)Angels going?

Well?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 23:37   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Where are all the (ex-)Angels going?

Amen To That Brother!
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 23:55   #3
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

straight to hell?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 01:06   #4
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

in a handbasket Mek ..
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 01:08   #5
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

The Lorda says, that the former Angels are goin' back ta heaven with their Angels friends in 3 days tima. All hail the lorda for he is a blessinga....

Damn I should have never watched the South Park episode where Cartman is Reverend of his own chruch.

Seriously, my bet is that they wait 3 days with the merger so they can instantly re-add those "kicked" members.

[Edit] Oi, never mind. I just woke up and realized they already DID the merger [/edit]
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 01:09   #6
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

yes but yggdra .. they dont get that score back ..

they only get what they can gain during their 2nd time there.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 01:12   #7
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

I know. But they get alot more defenders as after the merger they prolly are going to face alot of incomings and they don't want to have an unfair benefit don't they?

STOOM FOR PA-TEAM!!!!!!
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 01:15   #8
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

the point being .. they are prepared to do this..

whats to stop em roiding those ... after all that will improve the current players ..

i mean .. morally they are holding the keys to hell now, would a bit further matter to em ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 01:15   #9
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

the point being .. they are prepared to do this..

whats to stop em roiding those ... after all that will improve the current players ..

i mean .. morally they are holding the keys to hell now, would a bit further matter to em ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 12:04   #10
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Actually, if furious omen roids those they kicked and then take them back in after the 72 ticks again, that surely would be called farming? :-P
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 12:13   #11
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
The Lorda says, that the former Angels are goin' back ta heaven with their Angels friends in 3 days tima. All hail the lorda for he is a blessinga....

Damn I should have never watched the South Park episode where Cartman is Reverend of his own chruch.

Seriously, my bet is that they wait 3 days with the merger so they can instantly re-add those "kicked" members.

[Edit] Oi, never mind. I just woke up and realized they already DID the merger [/edit]
is that why the out -of-tag members are 3-fleeting at exilition for xp boost's

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 12:14   #12
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
that surely would be called farming?
If there was a mutual agreement on roiding the out of tags ofc, it could always go like this: "Omfg! stop roiding me! i'm coming back into the tag already ".
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 12:55   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, Furious Omen's first tick in game was an absolutely awesome one have to say.

Huge value loss from a fleetcatch and the guy being fleetcaught going on in his gal channel about him being roided by out of tag angels/omen planets to protect his rocks. Start as you mean to go on fellas.

We were absolutely rolling in the aisles in our BG channel, have to say.

Last edited by lokken; 22 Nov 2006 at 13:09.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 13:13   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

their name alone condemns furious omen to be one of the worst alliances ever to exist :/
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 15:45   #15
Felagund
Lost in Translation

Felagund will become famous soon enoughFelagund will become famous soon enough

u all looks stupids tbh :O

yeah, with all that flaming right there we can see that - warning - Lok

Last edited by lokken; 22 Nov 2006 at 16:35.
Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 17:26   #16
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Actually, if furious omen roids those they kicked and then take them back in after the 72 ticks again, that surely would be called farming? :-P
no they just decided to tell their buddies tof to roid the ones they kicked immediately.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 17:34   #17
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

We didn't. But on the other hand, we told our members to eat babies daily, and run over people with their cars.

And in hindsight, it turns out that we are responsible for the terrible weather the last days as well.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.

Last edited by qebab; 22 Nov 2006 at 17:42.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 17:55   #18
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
We didn't. But on the other hand, we told our members to eat babies daily, and run over people with their cars.

And in hindsight, it turns out that we are responsible for the terrible weather the last days as well.
It turned -17 here over night and started snowing again just as F/O came into being. Damn you!
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 18:10   #19
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Yeah, Furious Omen's first tick in game was an absolutely awesome one have to say.

Huge value loss from a fleetcatch and the guy being fleetcaught going on in his gal channel about him being roided by out of tag angels/omen planets to protect his rocks. Start as you mean to go on fellas.

We were absolutely rolling in the aisles in our BG channel, have to say.
I feel this deserves a comment.

First of all, the player in question got fleetcaught, and was needless to say, angry and irritated at the time he did the comments and suggestions you are mentioning here.

Secondly, you are speaking about one person, not the alliance, and noone with the power to do such actions even considered it.

Thirdly, about the huge value losses, I am certain that if the attacking planets do more of these fleetcatches, they will soon find that they don't have fleets to perform any. It was a pyrrhic victory at best, unless you consider xan fighters to be the most valuable ships in the game, and beetles/thieves to be useless.

I'll be happy to answer to the rest of the atrocities we have commited as they come up, but for the moment I am busy and it could take some time.

Edit: No out of tag planets launched fleets to take his roids, as a news scan will show, if you can be bothered to find one.

Unread 22 Nov 2006, 18:39   #20
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

a news scan doesnt show tags now does it.
If out of tag planets actually 'protectively farmed' him, im sure there will be closures in the near future
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 19:14   #21
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
If out of tag planets actually 'protectively farmed' him, im sure there will be closures in the near future
I'm not so sure. Nowhere has there been a clear, objective definition of what support planets are and what they need to do to warrant closure.

In CH, the question was punted, saying something along the lines of "MH's will take it very seriously!!! we swear!!"

...great.
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 19:21   #22
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Does the word "arbiter" ring any bells?

eXilition
KweKweK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 19:34   #23
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by KweKweK
arbiters can be wrong. the only 100% accurate intel for all alliances is in the MH's posession
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 19:35   #24
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KweKweK
Unless the multihunters or whomever are in charge of planet closing are using an arbiter or have access to every alliances arbiter, the point is void (I think).

On a sidenote:
Bah Angels!

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 20:39   #25
Hutchi
BlueTuba 4Eva

Hutchi is an unknown quantity at this point

they'll proly have access to the tag listings from before the kicking tho so it shouldn't be too hard for them to know which planets to watch
rnd 21->26 - Orbit HC
rnd 27 - LAZY git
rnd 28 -> Current Orbit HC

The quiet people change the world!
The loud people claim they did!
Hutchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 23:13   #26
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
Unless the multihunters or whomever are in charge of planet closing are using an arbiter or have access to every alliances arbiter, the point is void (I think).
They'll have perfect alliance member listings, and probably (I'd expect) some level of data dump on each planets' tag histories, so it really shouldn't be too difficult to attend the issues if such arise.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 13:56   #27
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Thirdly, about the huge value losses, I am certain that if the attacking planets do more of these fleetcatches, they will soon find that they don't have fleets to perform any. It was a pyrrhic victory at best, unless you consider xan fighters to be the most valuable ships in the game, and beetles/thieves to be useless.
Well look at that planets amount of roids now due to him loosing all his FI
I think he has 10-15% left of what he had.
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 14:28   #28
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
Well look at that planets amount of roids now due to him loosing all his FI
I think he has 10-15% left of what he had.
oh , and his value went from 2,068,054 to 1,152,086 in two days
really stupid move of us :\
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 14:52   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

First of all, the player in question got fleetcaught, and was needless to say, angry and irritated at the time he did the comments and suggestions you are mentioning here.

Secondly, you are speaking about one person, not the alliance, and noone with the power to do such actions even considered it.
The fleet activities on Chronox have also whiffed a great deal. We've seen Werewolf launch on him and an exi player has commented that he's been piggybacked by angels players - he's reported them to the MH, needless to say. Whether they are deleted, is up to them. So it is far from isolated.

Quote:
We gained value overall plus a handsome amount of XP, you lost a stack. That planet is now waddling along with no anti-CO and last I checked, he is in a certain column in sandmans, partly thanks to F-Crew. I'd say the long term benefits are more than worth it. Given the way his fleet was set up, his attack capacity is now somewhat crippled and he doesn't have a defence fleet.

Quote:
Edit: No out of tag planets launched fleets to take his roids, as a news scan will show, if you can be bothered to find one.
This is true. But I didn't say that anyone had launched - only that he had discussed it.
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 17:46   #30
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
The fleet activities on Chronox have also whiffed a great deal. We've seen Werewolf launch on him and an exi player has commented that he's been piggybacked by angels players - he's reported them to the MH, needless to say. Whether they are deleted, is up to them. So it is far from isolated.
What happened at ChronoX place was largely due to an arbiter ****up, as his nick was reset as well as his alliance when the break happened. Though he's been childish at times, he's been defending a lot, and picked mainly in alliance raid. He's done a fairly good job at Angels, and I think he has made some friends. He had trouble with some members in command though, and it was understood by both him and the command that he would not come along when the merge happened. As for the piggybacks, I'll try to find time to look into it, but I can't for the life of me imagine that they have been anything but accidental - I've not seen any reports of it myself, and I haven't seen anyone tell anyone to do it.

Quote:
We gained value overall plus a handsome amount of XP, you lost a stack. That planet is now waddling along with no anti-CO and last I checked, he is in a certain column in sandmans, partly thanks to F-Crew. I'd say the long term benefits are more than worth it. Given the way his fleet was set up, his attack capacity is now somewhat crippled and he doesn't have a defence fleet.
Yes, xp is very nice. The negative thing about it is that it doesn't help you roid people, or defend your own roids.

And from the news at his place, it seems that a chunk of attackers were left with little anti-fi, so that goes both ways. Could be that it was worth it longterm, but I wouldn't land too many of those catches, unless of course you want to get rid of all your beetles.

Quote:
This is true. But I didn't say that anyone had launched - only that he had discussed it.
Yes. In a moment of anger and irritation, I would say it is understandable to give such suggestions, however as I already stated, they were not considered by anyone with the power to put it in action. It's hardly fair to make it seem like this is something the entire alliance is behind, when it was in fact one player only, and it wasn't even executed.

Quote:
Obviously.

Unread 23 Nov 2006, 17:57   #31
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
And from the news at his place, it seems that a chunk of attackers were left with little anti-fi, so that goes both ways. Could be that it was worth it longterm, but I wouldn't land too many of those catches, unless of course you want to get rid of all your beetles.
If they remove all your fi there's no more need for beetles ;-)
On a different sidenote: longterm effects are what is needed. It's next to nothing if you keep on aiming from short-term goal to short-term goal with some kind of salami-tactics. If you don't have an overall vision to achieve you'll fail miserably anyway, as your actions start contradicting each other. I guess this round has perfectly shown that that is one of Angels main problems.
Quote:
Obviously.