User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Aug 2005, 02:13   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Premiership Predictions 2005/2006

Another year, another ritual humiliation. This is the 4th time ive done this.

2002/2003

2003/2004

2004/2005

Code:
My Predicted Table		Actual Final Table		Difference

01. Chelsea			01. Chelsea			CORRECT
02. Arsenal			02. Arsenal			CORRECT
03. Man Utd			03. Man Utd			CORRECT
04. Liverpool			04. Everton			Down 1
05. Newcastle			05. Liverpool			Down 9
06. Middlesborough		06. Bolton			Down 1
07. Birmingham			07. Middlesborough		Down 5
08. Tottenham			08. Man City			Down 1
09. Aston Villa			09. Tottenham			Down 1
10. Man City			10. Aston Villa			Up 2
11. Blackburn			11. Charlton			Down 4
12. Charlton			12. Birmingham			Up 1
13. Fulham			13. Fulham			CORRECT
14. Pompey			14. Newcastle			Down 2
15. Shitehampton		15. Blackburn			Down 5
16. Bolton			16. Portsmouth			Up 10
17. Norwich			17. West Brom			Down 2
18. Everton			18. Crystal Palace		Up 14
19. West Brom			19. Norwich			Up 2
20. Crystal Palace		20. Shitehampton		Up 2
I think you’ll find that 4/20 is my best ever haul, too. Pretty pitiful. Biggest disaster for me this year was obviously predicting everton to go down. I’ll be hard pressed to ever get worse than 14 places out. Bolton doing well and Newcastle doing poorly also goosed me. I overrated Birmingham Southhampton and Blackburn a bit, but apart from that, im reasonably pleased with how I did (!).

Bare in mind im not the only one who ****s these things up. A Quick skim of other people predictions over the years brought me much joy. Rids saying 03/04 was “the magpies season”, for example. JonnyBGood calling Kewell the best signing hed ever seen. And does anyone else remember Ragnarak linking us to the article that said Tottenham were going to finish above Arsenal last year? Good times.

Anyway, here’s my predictions for this year’s Premiership.

01. Chelsea

Its not exactly a bold choice nowadays, is it? I don’t think it matters if Essien signs or not, it doesn’t matter that Gerrard didn’t come, it doesn’t matter how Del Horno fits in the team. Hell, crespo could flop again and drogba could continue to misfire like he did last season and it wont make a lick of difference. Chelsea are pretty much the complete package thanks to Mourinho. He takes all the flak for his players and treats them well, and hes made them a collective unit too - look at the Charity shield, they started with 9 different nationalities, and it didn’t matter. Strong at the back, creative in the midfield, punishing upfront, all backed up by petr cech. Their subsitute bench reads cucicini, carvahlo, wright-phillips, cole, crespo. That’s simply not fair, and despite everyone elses best efforts, I cant see them failing.

Main Man : Frank Lampard. Again, not a bold choice, and a very obvious one. He’s now aiming to outscore the strikers for a THIRD season running, a quite incredible feat at a club that’s spent so much on striking talent. With the World Cup coming up at the end of the year, expect Frank to finish the season as strong as he starts it.

02. Liverpool

I’ve overrated Liverpool every year, but its always hard not to, considering how well it seems they sign in pre season. Reina looks like a fantastic acquisition, imagine how many extra points Liverpool would have picked up over the last few years with a more consistent keeper? They’re definitely one central defender light, because despite some great performances, Hyypia is more of a squad rotation player than anything. But a new central defender alongside the talismanic carragher, finnan (highly underrated right back. Don’t believe me? Name better right backs in the premiership) and the returning josemi. There are young players coming through too. The midfield is second only to Chelsea in my opinion - Riise, Gerrard, Alonso, Garcia - backed up by Hamann, Sissoko, Zenden - its depth and its flair are astounding. Upfront Liverpool boast 4 strikers with question marks beside their names, however. Crouch - can he handle the step up? Baros - will he even be there, and will he ever find consistency? Cisse - will he convert potential into goals? Morientes - will he manage to adapt to the Premiership? Likelihood is Benitez will use “pairs” of strikers - Morientes + Cisse playing together, Crouch + Baros (or Mellor / Sinama Pongolle if Baros goes) to develop understanding, and keep everyone match fit and hungry. Following on the back of the Champions League, and with a few competitive victories under their belt, they should hit the ground running.

Main Man : Steven Gerrard. The fact that Steven Gerrard re-signed for Liverpool was like getting a new player. Inspirational in everything he does, hed fit into any side in the world. His goals, his passing, his workrate - everything youd want in a player at the highest level.

03. Manchester United

If I was a Man Utd fan, id be startled by the clubs complete lack of ambition this Summer. Edwin Van Der Sar the answer to United’s keeping problems? Maybe after Schmeichel left, but now, after a couple of years in obscurity? Don’t think so somehow. The good news is that the fans have booed Ferdinand into a signing a new contract, Phil Neville and Kleberson have left. Park Ji Sung might be a nice enough addition, or he might be a marketing stunt, time will tell. Oh sure, they’ve got a strong enough Squad already. Reliable Gary, Rio’s still a class act - One of O’Shea, Silvestre, Brown always seems to do ok as a stop gap. I don’t rate clumsy Heinze at all, but enough people seem to think hes the nuts that I have to at least “hold back” my opinion. Ronaldo is still the ****ing business (how quickly hes become a main player), and Giggs still gets it done (though could this be the season that changes? Tick tock, and all that). Keane seems to be waning but is still a major asset, Scholes had a crap year last year and needs to put that straight. Im not buying this “alan smith is now a defensive midfielder” nonsense, that’s just fergie covering up the fact hes got no future for him upfront. Rooney is a definite starter now, but will Van be the Man or be for the Can? Theres talk of owen just now. With Saha injured (and rubbish anyway), and Smith apparently a midfielder, who does that leave - Bellion? Solskjaer still has his swansong, but unless they have a 20 goal a season striker, Man Utd are going to be found seriously wanting.

Main Man : Wayne Rooney. It pains me to say it, but it’s the truth. It took him no time to break into the team, and get settled, his goals have been such a huge factor, and his runs. With so many questions surrounding Man utd on and off the field, and with the World cup coming up, he needs to be brilliant, he cant just be good.

04. Arsenal

On the positive side for Arsenal, they’ve been together for a long time now, and Wenger is a cracking manager. Well he ****ing must be, how on earth a team whos back line reads Lehmann, Lauren, Toure, Senderos, and Ashley money grabbing diving little **** Cole. How badly are they going to found out not just in the middle of the field, but without him sweeping up at the back? Pires and Ljunberg were both linked with moves away, but both stayed. They undoubtedly have ability, but didn’t look their best last season. Fabregas barely has a full season under his belt, same with Flamini, and they are incredibly lightweight in the middle of the park. Considering how physical the premiership is, theyre going to find themselves bossed around too easily. Henry is the man, but who is his strike partner? Bergkamp is a legend, but aging - and hes not a “poach the goals” type player, or a pace player. Reyes started his arsenal career wonderfully but tailed off, and has been unsettled for ages. They’v missed out on Summer targets, are a striker light, and theres only so much Hleb can do to improve a team in a bit of shit.

Main Man : Thierry Henry. As usual, he’ll score 25 odd goals, take all the corners, sell all the shirts, cut the Highbury grass, save a few penalties, and subscribe to the club magazine. Where they’d be without this genius? Below spurs, probably.

05. Tottenham

It pains me to put them 5th, because theyre such ****ing bottle merchants itll never happen. Defence is a bit dodgy. King is decent enough, but then you have a choice between a selection of merely decent players, Edman, Gardner, Naybet, Pamarot, Dawson - looks a bit suspect against some of the cracking forwards in England. I would argue that Davids brings some steel to the midfield that is sorely needed - loads of cracking looking young midfielders surrounding him can learn from the guy - Reid, Carrick, Brown, Routledge, Davis - it could be interesting if they get going, remain motivated and gel as a team. Obviously upfront theres still enough strength, with Mido, Kanoute, Defoe and Keane. That’s certainly no soft touch.

Main Man : Jermain Defoe. Hate to keep using it as my reason but its true - the world cup will inspire him. If Owen is left on the bench at Madrid, or is back in direct comparison with him in the premiership, Defoe will feel he has a real chance of getting into the team in Germany.

06. Newcastle

People relegated them at the start of the summer, now theyre trying to say theyre good enough for the champions league. Rubbish. Given’s a premiership quality keeper, theres no doubt there. But what formation are they gonna play? 3-6-1 ? Theyre so midfield heavy its ridiculous, Dyer, Jenas (who wont be too big a loss if he goes), Emre, Parker, Viana, Milner, Bowyer, Faye, Butt - that’s pretty ****ing strong. But look upfront - Shearer is aging but will still undoubtedly do the business - Ameobi is his only natural partner, and hes not a world class striker by any manner of means. Defence. Boumsong was average last year, but they paid a lot for some reason so they probably have stupidly high hopes for him. Babayaros quite good - then who - journeyman moore? Carr is ok, but elliot, bramble? Also you have to add in the fact that Souness is manager, and will single-handedly injure all his own players, and derail any decent effort they make.

Main Man : Scott Parker. Holy crap that was a hard decision. Now, hes never done anything to inspire me particularly, but all of England seems to rate him as the biz, rather than just an overrated big fish in a small pond. I guess with there being so much uncertainty about the Newcastle line up ive gone for someone who needs to make a name for himself now, and will definitely be there all season.

07. Middlesborough

I find them boring and uninspiring personally, but looking at their team what I have to give them ahead of all the other clubs in their “bracket” is the fact they have a solid backbone to their team - Schwarzer, Reizeger, Southgate, Quedrue and Ehiogu if hes fit is a remarkably good defence - Parlour, Boateng make for a good midfield, Downing was electrifying for the first half of last season but faded away - how will he respond? They have a wide array of striking options, Hasselbaink, Viduka, Job, Nemeth - and of course now, Yakubu - what formation are they going to play, and are they going to come together as an attacking force? Remains to be seen but it doesn’t change the fact that they have less questions being asked of them than several of the other clubs vying for a UEFA cup slot.

Main Man : Stuart Downing. Look at Boro first half of last season, then second half, and consider why this was. He provides an attacking spark to their game that’s sorely needed.

08. Everton

Its incredible what a difference one player can make. Look at Everton before and after Gravesen went to real Madrid, they lost all their grit and determination, and basically stumbled over the line. Why have they been so quiet in the transfer market this summer? They have a champions league qualifier, and the UEFA cup if they don’t manage that - surely that makes them free up a bit of cash? The defence is a bit suspect - hibbert, yobo, pistone - but the midfield still looks in good nick in an attacking sense. If zinedane can continue his revival, osman and cahill can follow up good seasons, arteta can play like he did towards the end of the year, and carsley comes back ok from injury, that’s not a worry. Up front though, mcFadden, Beattie, Ferguson, Bent - a lot of players whove threatened to make something of their careers and havent followed through. Who do you pick, how will they play?

Main Man : Tim Cahill. His goals last year were crucial, its fantastic for them that they’ve hung on to him, expect him to be top scorer for the blue scousers this season.

09. Bolton

Thy had a fantastic year last year, and Sam has got to take a lot of credit for getting players like Diouf and Pedersen to contribute. They could very easily finish higher than this and I wouldn’t be surprised, but I still think they are one trick ponies - physical, aggressive, defensive - im not condemning the style of play, I just think on their day, teams like Tottenham and boro are good enough to break them down. What I will say though, is they’ve made a genuinely world class signing in Borghetti - watch out for him and Bolton as a whole off set pieces - ****ing deadly. Okocha is still there too, but was slightly quieter last season, despite actually scoring.

Main Man : Stelios Giannokopolous. He stepped it up a notch last year with some cracking goals and support play, and is one of the few players I feel can play a bit of two-way football, turning physical defence into strong attack.

10. Man City

I might have been tempted to put them a bit higher up the table had they not have had a disaster in pre season, and been unlucky with a few injuries. it’s a shame after they did so well to hang on to distin that hes injured. When Dunne and Distin are back in front of a revitalised james they should shore up nicely, but expect them to leak goals at least for the first month. The midfield is incredibly ordinary, especially with the loss of Shaun Wright Phillips but it didn’t stop them at the end of last season - just a honeymoon, or can Pearce get 110% out of his players? Most of us would like to see it happen. Andy Cole, Robbie Fowler, Darius Vassell - two strikers that have struggled to cope, and a striker who’s career never really started after being mightily overrated for a long period of time - not sure how that’s gonna pan out.

Main Man : David James. Man City were Chelsea’s bogey team last year, taking 4 points off the runaway champions, and he was the main reason. Especially with the size of the squad and the injuries, hes going to have to come up big again this year.

11. Blackburn

11th doesn’t seem much, but this represents a sort of revival for Blackburn. For a team that had been consistently challenging in the top half of the table for a UEFA cup slot, things have gone pretty ****ing Pete Tong over the last couple of seasons. The defence is pretty weak still, Amoruso is a liability on occasion, Neill has trouble staying on the pitch (though that can be said for much of the team). Friedel is still a decent keeper though, and the midfield is shaping up nicely - Savage, Gamst Pedersen, Thompson, Emerton, Tugay - its certainly competent, and then some. Dickov is as good a goal poacher as you could hope for, and Bellamy can make goals from nowhere - plus with Jansen, Gallagher, Kuqi, they have strength in depth. Definitely have enough firepower to keep them well out of danger.

Main Man : Craig Bellamy. Hes a ****ing magnificent player, I don’t care what anyone says about his commitment or temprament. He can finish, he can cross, and he works his ****ing arse off all game. He’ll be a fan favourite instantly at Blackburn, a talisman along with Savage that the crowd can get behind.

12. Aston Villa

They look solid enough, without ever even threatening to be interesting, or an attacking force. Sorensen, Barry, Mellberg, Laursen, Samuel is at least a competent back line, certainly not overly weak, but such is the strength of most attacks in the Premiership, it is probably not enough for more than mid table. With the exception of Solano, the midfield is very ordinary. Up front - Phillips, who pretty much owns the tag journeyman now, isn’t exactly inspiring - and Juan Pablo “can I be arsed turning up today” Angel. And what if one of these two magnificent specimen get injured? Luke Moore? Bad times. Like I said though, they have a solid enough core to avoid relegation strife.

Main Man : Nolberto Solano. Hes about the only Villa player I can be arsed watching, because hes entertaining. Can run, shoot, cross, and he puts in a good shift.

13. Birmingham

Another solid enough, completely uninspiring side. Maik Taylor is a highly underated keeper, Upson and Cunningham have a decent enough understanding, Melchiot is a very decent full back. The midfield lacks a bit of understanding and creativity - its all very well buying David Dunn, but hes just grown up into the wannabe big shot player that everyone hated playing with as a kid. Pennant especially has a point to prove, and Lazaridas and Johnson will provide decent cameos. Its probably upfront though, with Heskey, Pandiani, and Forsell that they pose the biggest threat.

Main Man : Emile Heskey. It was good to see the big lumbering oaf get back to some decent form last season, and he got a decent goal haul, and proved hes still worth his salt. Expect this year to be no different.

14. Charlton

The very epitome of an average side. Kiely is out but Myrhe is a decent stand in. The defence seems in decent enough shape, el karkouri in particular looked a good buy - but nothing incredible. Euell and Jeffers is a tidy enough front line, and I guess Murphy / Rommedahl / Thomas / Holland is a credible midfield. They seem to overachieve every year, and they could finish higher and no one would blink an eyelid.

Main Man : Jerome Thomas. He was a bright spark last year, and im surprised there hasn’t even been murmurings of people trying to take him away from them. They’ll need the creative play, and someone for the crowds to cheer.

15. Fulham

I keep thinking theyre worse than they actually are because the defence is a bit gash - volz, knight, goma in front of Crossley - suspect, methinks. But actually looking at them going forward they pose a bit of a threat. Malbranque, Bouba Diop, Jensen, Boa Morte - theres some pace and flair in that, and feeding Radzinski and Collins John, they should probably have enough to stay up for another year, until someone decent gets promoted of course.

Main Man : Luis Boa Morte. He’s added a few goals to his repetoire as of late and attracted a lot of interest. Going to be an important player in a struggling team.

16. Portsmouth

Portsmouth arent great but they have enough. Westerweld is a good keeper, Primus, Schemmel are decent enough defenders. I’d have to say im none too convinced at all by the midfield, or by Lua Lua and Kamara up front, but the reason Portsmouth will be ok is because they have a significantly larger squad than anyone in the bottom half of the league, so injuries wont be as big a hinderance to them. Its not going to be pretty, but I reckon they’ll still be here next year.

Main Man : Laurent Robert. If he can settle and score a few free kicks, hell be a hit. Who knows, he might react well to being the big fish in the small pond, feed his ego and all that.

17. West Ham

Shaka Hislop is a good experienced keeper. Many of those in the squad such as konchesky, dailly, rebrov, have previously had experience of the premiership and I reckon that’s what West ham have over the other two promoted teams. Speaking of experience, sheringham is still the nuts, and his partnerships with the impressive Marlon Harewood and returning bobby Zamora - who has a point to prove- should be enough to get them out of trouble.

Main Man : Marlon Harewood - expect him to be this years Andy Johnson - high scorer in a shite team.

18. West Brom

It was nothing short of a miracle that a team this bad survived last year, and I cant see it happening twice in a row. The strongest area they boast is keeping - where they’ve gone overboard, Hoult, Kirkland, Kuzckak - one is enough guys. The defence is weak as hell - gaardsoe being the highlight. Koumas, Scimeca, Greening, Inamoto promise much, but don’t deliver. Upfront they arent so weak, Earnshaw might be a little prick, but hes still a decent forward. Kanu is a joke, Horsfield is - a workhorse - Kevin Campbell needs to have another swansong.

Main Man : Chris Kirkland. Im going out on a limb and presuming he’ll be the #1, he’ll be fit, and he’ll actually be a good keeper rather than young English and overrated.

19. Sunderland

I know next to nothing about sunderland really. Of all the players I recognise, one is Kevin Kyle, and we all know how hella crap he is. Poom is a decent enough keeper, McCartney, Arca, Stead, Caldwell, Miller, are all decent enough players, but I cant really get enthusiastic about any of them, nor can I see them surviving.

Main Man : Julio Arca. Because a certain someone has moaned on about him for years, and they’ve done well to keep hold of him, apparently.

20. Wigan

Holy **** I don’t know a ****ing thing about them to be honest. Damien Francis impressed me a lot last year at Norwich. Henchoz was past it and couldn’t get on the celtic subs bench. Per Frandsen is average at best. Also they have the weakest keeper in the premiership, and not enough players with premiership experience. Maybe they’ll prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Main Man : Jason Roberts, because they just sold Ellington. Bye bye, wigan.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in

Last edited by Deffeh; 13 Aug 2005 at 02:27. Reason: Late Transfers.
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 03:23   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Premiership Predictions 2005/2006

You dont have to give a reason do you?

1) Arsenal - Because i support them and they will win (this might haunt me)

2) Chelsea - they are better than man u

3) Man u - tempted to put 4th, but have a habit of cheating/getting lucky and getting the points

4) Liverpool - I dont know why...

5) Tottenham - okay attack, shame about the rest

6) Everton - Could repeat last year?

7) Newcastle - Getting old, and on the verge of killing each other, could be lower.

8) Bolton - Big sam is an annoying t**t.

9) Middlesborough - Like deffah said

10) Aston villa

11) Man city

12) Charlton

13) Birmingham

14) Blackburn

15) Fulham

16) Portsmouth

17) West brom

18) West ham

19) Sunderland

20) Wigan

just filling the spaces with the last half since they're all equally shit
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 09:05   #3
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

16. Portsmouth

Portsmouth arent great but they have enough. Westerweld is a good keeper, Primus, Schemmel are decent enough defenders. I’d have to say im none too convinced at all by the midfield, or by Lua Lua and Kamara up front, but the reason Portsmouth will be ok is because they have a significantly larger squad than anyone in the bottom half of the league, so injuries wont be as big a hinderance to them. Its not going to be pretty, but I reckon they’ll still be here next year.

Main Man : Laurent Robert. If he can settle and score a few free kicks, hell be a hit. Who knows, he might react well to being the big fish in the small pond, feed his ego and all that.

^^
You are pretty close on that I reckon.
I think a couple of changes though.
Goalkeepers, Westerveld will be pushed out from #1 choice, by Ashdown.
Defence, stronger than it has been in years. The fact that you mention Primus, (and we have Dezueww), who have both been our best defenders the last 3 years, is encouraging for me, as they are very unlilkely to play many games. We have Stefanovic and Vignal, Griffin, and some others who all out class them.
Midfield, worries me greatly. We have some reliable players, and O'Neill is threatening to be fantastic, but an awful lot sits on Robert's shoulders. He has every chance of being great for us, and will surely be treated like a king by our fans if he shows effort, but if he doesnt fire, we could be in trouble.
Strikers, I think we may be ok, if we can keep players fit. LuaLua looks like he is gonna be good again this season, he is enjoying his football. Karadras I have spoken to others about, and they have watched him grow as a player, and feel he could be immense (my top tip for dream teams), and Msumba, well a lot depends on how quickly he settles, if he settles quickly (which im not expecting) he could have a great time.
Then we have Mornar, Toddy coming back from injury (though likely sent on loan), and Vincent Pericard, who after 2 years injured go called up to international squad before he has played a full game for us in the premiership. Promising. I also hear the word at the club is we are close to signing a new striker.

The key for me is whether or not the midfield works well, if it does, we could make top 10 for sure. If it doesnt, we could struggle around 15th, but we wont be relegated, as we simply arent as poor as the other teams around us atm.

And tbh the main thing is, southampton got relegated last season \o/
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 10:11   #4
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I was surprised to see 2/2 predictions for tottenham fifth, but I totally agree.

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Man Utd
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Bolton
7. Everton
8. Middlesbrough
9. Manchester City
10. Newcastle
11. Aston Villa
12. Charlton
13. Birmingham
14. Fulham
15. Blackburn
16. West Ham
17. West Brom
18. Sunderland
19. Portsmouth
20. Wigan
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 10:18   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1.Chelsea

Simply because Terry will continue to get away with murder at the back and with Makelele in the team they like a ****ing brick wall. And if they get the ball off you they'll get it to any of Duff/Robben/SWP cross it in and bury you.

Main man: Claude - will sit there and be tremendously dull unless you are a Chelsea fan watching him nerf attack after after attack

2.Arsenal

**** knows why, I think given time to work without Vieira they'll be pretty awesome anyway simply because Henry and Pires will score a hatful and Fabregas and Gilberto will be pretty mint in the middle. Add Hleb to the mixer and they might well be alright for 2nd.

Main man: Va va voom

3.Manchester Buccaneers

Toss in midfield in title terms apart from Ronaldo and Park considering Giggs will only show flashes, Keane can only play half a season, Scholes is getting on. Defence is pretty solid though. Look strong up fron with Van, Roon, Solskjaer back (who is probably their best striker), Saha (although he might be out for a bit?) and Smith who is doing a bit of a jobs for the boys at the mo.

Main man - Rooney - I hear this lad is a bit of a talent and can pull games out of his arse on his own.

4.Liverpool

Put simply Scouse have a great midfield, Cisse up front with decent backup but their defence, however you put it is still mince. No real left back when you consider playing Riise there a waste of his ability and Carragher as their only credible centre back. They'll get champions league football easy job though.

Main man: Xabi Alonso - has settled in now and will prove to be the genuine article.

5. Everton - no idea how they've invested but they've managed it. Will once again be playing toss football with fitness and parking a 4-1-4-1 in front of the opposition, but will be doing it with better players.
Main man: Tim Cahill - cos if they don't score from midfield they're ****ed

6. Spurs - buy anyone with a massive reputation that's stupid enough to go to Spurs and buy the youth of england and they can only improve. Possibly the biggest bunch of poofs in the prem looking at their squad, lacking a midfield general type figure and with Ledley King doing the work of 4 men at the back. But hugely talented going forward and out wide and will probably spanner quite a few teams, being on the end of the odd spannering, which are followed with Spurs fans crying down the phone at 606 at why they aren't bigger than Arsenal and that Martin Jol should be sacked. Think will get beat by strongarm tactics, personally I'm all for trying to kick the shit out of them on Saturday.

Main man - Defoe - he scores lots of goals.

7 - Blackbum

Now, I really hate Blackburn as a team. Dirty from start to finish, kick the ball into the oppositions corner area when they give the ball away for 'sporting purposes' but they seem to be relying on having a mega defence, and have finally got some goalscoring threat in Bellamy. Maybe Gamst Pedersen will pass it, rather than scoring himself. My surprise package for the season.

Main man: Bellend - they needed a goalscorer, they got one.

8. Bolton

Big Sam may look like a failed businessman who's been up all night drinking special brew when in a suit but he's got the unique talent of making shite players get results. Will be horribly stretched by the UEFA cup and Hierro will be a big miss. Okocha is mince, I don't care what anyone says, Spit the Dog is a good signing on a permanent basis. But Bolton, like Everton will carry the banner for "shite but effective", hence why they are 8th and not relegated.

Main man: Big Sam, cos his players are too shite to be 'main men'

9. Boro

The tactic of buy strikers at really inflated prices strikes again. Bought a striker in Yakubu who is brilliant, but only when he can be bothered. Have a defence older than time itself. Have lost Zenden, not that he was that great anyway. Have no love for this side who will spend their way out of trouble if they have to by buying some overrated foreigner at inflated prices should they start bricking it. Midfield looks pretty ordinary. Like that Downing chap though

Main man: Stewart Downing, purely cos he buried the scummers last season.

10. Barcodes

Will improve, defence is still mince, they've got no one upfront as Shearer is dying on his feet. Rubbish start to the season, Sourpuss to pack his bags and off back to jockland post haste and they'll do better after that considering no one likes him.

Main man: Parker - being a big fish will hopefully suit him more.

11. Villa

Have made decent signings in ron hughes and paddy berger. Kevin Phillips is decent on the basis that Vassell is a mincer and Carlton Cole was a waste of space. Angel will pull a few games out of his arse, their midfield is decent enough, as is their defence. Decent. Despite O'Leary being a big faggot who should be shot with a spear with all the whining and negative crap he comes up with.

Main men: The 10000 people who turn up for the big games but probably won't bother for a sunday at home to Bolton, cos they're so bloody inconsistent.

12. Man City

Will prob sign a couple of players to replace SWP, Musampa is a decent player and their defence is pretty ok. Midfield is a bit prone to injuries but I think they'll be alright with Andy Cole/Robbie Fowler up top with the sprinter Vassell as backup. Will be motivated like rabid animals and maul opposition by biting their face off at any opportunity.

Main man: Psycho - cos he is the guv'nor.

13. Charlton

The bastards got Alexei Smertin and sadly for this bunch of uninspiring shite that cling to midtable like a bad shit to a toilet bowl, this means survival. Words can't describe how ordinary they are on paper, somehow they got a london cabby with a side parting to manage the team and his tactics seem to work. Darren Bent quite a nice signing though. Like the scummers and traffic cones, play in red and white and most people wouldn't mind if they disappeared.

Main man: Alexei Smertin - gets ball without tackling, distributes sensibly and just lets the team tick. Bit of a good player really.

14. Birmingham

This is a team supported by a bunch of brummie chavs, with a chairman with more porn money than sense and a manager who is quite frankly, a complete cock. Will spend their way out of trouble if they have to despite the budget. Will succeed as per normal by boring teams to death with their holding midfielders and their colossal defence resulting in a defensive slip for Forssell to nip in. Please bugger off from the prem, I can't stand you.

Main man: Forssell - they need his knees to hold up.

15. Portsmouth

Oddly enough, me putting us 15th probably condemns us to relegation when least expected. In Reggie we have a good manager and our fitness/tactical awareness will improve. Have had the squad turned inside out and have made some decent signings. Finally have a back line that has cover, although DeZooo may be on his way out.

Up front look decent enough for survival with LuaLua able to piss off most defenders in the league with his tricks, Karadas to make a huge nuisance of himself, Mbesuma to hopefully take on the Yak role. Behind that we've got Pericard who's got ability and Todorov, who although still unfit, is an excellent 6 yard box man once he's fit. Desperately short in midfield, need some additions there. No idea why Robert is with us but i'll take it, John Viafara is good enough, and Mornar looks ok for RW. Will start with Gary O'Neil as an extra man, simply because Judas wouldn't play him.

Not a very nice place to be visiting as an away side and after 2 years have survived, got rid of the scummers, it's time to push forward for us. Couple more signings please.

Main man: Dejan Stefanovic - desperately underrated by those non-pompey, but i love him to bits. Occaisonally has the effect of a one man brick wall which i like in a player.

16 - Wet Sham

Seem to think they have some kind of divine right to stay which doesn't endear me very much, but have made alright signings and have showed some ambition. Back 4 will probably be alright, although Repka is a bit of a maniac. Will probably be a bit ropey in midfield, but have pace in abundance up front and teddy to come on last 10 minutes.

Main man: Yossi Benayoun - bit of a goalscorer in Spain, apparently.

17 - West Brom

Staying up by virtue that they have a player I like called Zoltan Gera. Like him because he's got a bit of ability and celebrates like a maniac, plus with a name like Zoltan sounds like some alien overlord. Stopped mincing once Robson took charge (which is a bit of a first) although still only stayed up by virtue of some miracle elsewhere and facing an absolutely rubbish Pompey side on the last day that were more fussed with a certain team up the road getting relegated. Have made uninspiring signings and someone with great ability in Kamara - sadly he makes rooney look intelligent and fluffs up all the time. Probably got enough goals in them up front. Just.

Main man - Zoltan Gera - as if there was going to be anyone else.

18 - Fulham

For years, people have been going to Fulham, fannying about thinking they were going to get 3 points, and ended up with none. This season this run will be oever and Fulham will be on the rough end. Have lost big players in Van der Sar and Andy Cole, haven't really replaced them, Malbranque looks as if he's on his way and Al Fayed doesn't seem that interested now he's left London. I don't mind Chris Coleman, purely for when he tried to deck that ref at boro last season. But probably one sale too many.

Main man - Steed Malbranque if they can keep him.

19 - Sunderland

Buy badly and thou shalt get relegated. And thus it shall come to pass. No real quality has come in and remind me a bit of Leicester's ill fated venture in the premiership last time round. What possessed them to get Stead i don't know. Nosworthy and Davis are probably their only acquisitions that I like. Will try to be physical to survive. Think they'll lack the experience to get away with it in the prem and thus will get ****ed up the arse by Graham Poll every other week.

Main man: Julio Arca - decent left sided player. Thought we should have gone in for him last season, but they probably would have demanded the earth.

20 - Wigan

Henri Camara - mercenary, woeful at times, occaisonally pulls a great goal from his behind.
Ellington - decent enough, but will prob be sold if doesn't find a new contract
Roberts - you must be joking at this level.
Mince in the middle, even with Damien Francis. Defence is pretty ok, but not really enough.

Main man: Paul Jewell - did a bradford, and will probably know how to shove my words where the sun don't shine. Well I can't help putting you bottom if I think your team is shite, son.

Last edited by lokken; 9 Aug 2005 at 12:24.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 10:59   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
one is Kevin Kyle, and we all know how hella crap he is.
Kevin Kyle has improved an insane amount. Obviously, his injury hasn't helped, but he has become a much better footballer since he "arrived " in our relegation season.

He's only played in 3 matches in 2005, all reserve matches, but in those games he managed to score 8, most of them against good premeriship reserves opposition.

Quote:
Poom is a decent enough keeper
Poom won't be in goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Nosworthy and Davis are probably their only acquisitions that I like.
You're bizarre. You dismiss Stead in a single sentence, and then hold up Nosworthy as a good buy, when the latter has been the signing which has baffled Moggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokken
Will try to be physical to survive.
Whilst this may happen, I doubt it. We're not set up as a physical team, and we do badly against them.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 11:26   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

1 - Chelsea
If Drogba doesnt improve, which i think he might do, Crespo should come in and do the business for them. I think he was a bit unlucky to be so heavily criticised in his first season with them, he had a pretty decent goals per game record. EVen with shit strikers they still have Lampard, Duff and Robben Wright-Phillips who will all be looking for 10 goals or more. Rock solid at the back, electric on the break, nobody will catch them.

2 - Arsenal
Probably a worse team than they were last season but i cant see Man U doign enough to overtake them. I'm amazed they havent signed a new keeper and centre back. If they slip to third that will be why, not the loss of Veira. Fabregas and Flamini will improve over the season and do enough to fill Veira's place as long as they are playing with Gilberto and not as a pair on their own. Henry will do the business as always.

3 - Man U
They still lack a world class defender to play with Ferdinand. For some reason Ferguson doesnt seem to play O'Shea as often as I would, Brown is very dodgy and Silvestre isnt much better. Midfield is pretty damn strong although i dont know where Sung will fit in and they are going to have to find a replacement for Keane soon. Rooney is class and wont let United down but Van Nistelrooy might. If i was Ferguson I would go out and buy Owen to fight for Van Nistelrooy's place because Saha is shit, Bellion is laughable and Smith seems to be being groomed for a midfield role. Solskjaer is quality but whill he still perform after so long out?

4 - Liverpool
Who else is going to get into 4th? I like Benitez as a manager, he has improved Liverpool no end but i dont think they have enough yet to break into the top 3. Having said that if either Arsenal or Man U stumble Liverpool will be there to grab their place in the top 3. Should be closer to a 4 horse race this year.

5 - Everton
I hadnt got a clue who to put here. Everton wont be as good as last season but I cant really think of anyone else that will stand up and challenge them to 5th. They've made a few decent signings and in Moyes they have a very good manager.

6 - Spurs
I dont like putting Spurs this high up. They've never finished in the top 6 in the Premiership but maybe its time for that to change. They've had the players to do it for a few seasons, maybe now they have the manager to get the displays out of those players.

7 - Rovers
I'm biased, i've probably put us a lot higher than i should every season but never mind. Last November we were bottom thanks to the shitness of Souness. Hughes improved the team drastically and without too many signings. We are now fitter, hungrier and uglier. We are solid at the back. I think in the second half of last season only Chelsea were tighter at the back than us. Dont worry Deffeh, Amoruso wont get near the starting 11. Kuqi looked very good pre-season, he may well take Dicov out of the first team. He has the same work ethic, looks like he can finish and he gives us more presence up front. In Bellamy we have a top goal scorer and with Pederson a midfielder that will get his fair share of goals. This season we might actually play some football.

8 - Bolton
They always start well and then fade. The same again for them this season.

9 - Boro
Decent team, decent manager but nothing special.

10 - Charlton
Just like Bolton but they always fade very badly int he last third of the season.

11 - Newcastle
Souness, nuff said. Shearer is the only thing they have going for them, and unfortunately he wont be around forever.

12 - Man City
I think Pearce will do a good job, but i cant see them getting much higher than here for this season.

13 - Villa
I've never liked Villa but i'll stick them above Birmingham in the hope that Deffeh can win his bet.

14 - Birmingham
Will Dunn play more than 10 games? I doubt it.

15 - Fulham

16 - Pompey

17 - West Brom

18 - Sunderland

19 - West Ham

20 - Wigan

The bottom 6 could go any way i think but i've played safe and put the 3 promoted teams to go straight back down.
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 11:30   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You're bizarre. You dismiss Stead in a single sentence, and then hold up Nosworthy as a good buy, when the latter has been the signing which has baffled Moggies.
Stead was great in his first season with us, he saved us from relegation. Last season i dont know what happened, he wasnt the same player. He has no strength at all, which for a player of his size is quite strange. He needs to get down to the gym and build up some muscle so he can hold off defenders. Also for a man of his height he cant jump and win headers, it infuriated Rovers fans when he would be beaten in the air by small defenders. His shooting from 18 yards or so is pretty weak as well, he seems to scuff the ball everytime and gets no power behind it. If his season doesnt start well his confidence will drop dramatically and he will probably be doomed to another season with very few goals.

Having said that I would like to see him succeed.
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 11:50   #9
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Nosworthy is a damn useful player, that's why. Can play on both sides if i remember, and can run up and down all day and is an attacking threat. Easily Gillingham's best player when they last played us, and certainly impressed me. Apparently he can defend as well, but i didn't see him defending when he was down the park.

Stead's goalscoring record has turned to piss and it seems he's lost confidence which was presumably gained from being able to score a hatful at lower league.
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 11:54   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Nosworthy, according to Gills fans, is just a bit unreliable. Tendency to try to trick his way out of trouble, which you don't really want in the premiership.
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 12:00   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no ones giving sunderland and wigan a hope in hell, i see.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 15:19   #12
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
no ones giving sunderland and wigan a hope in hell, i see.

i do

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 15:21   #13
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
Nosworthy, according to Gills fans, is just a bit unreliable. Tendency to try to trick his way out of trouble, which you don't really want in the premiership.
i've been down to training mate, the lads got no first touch... makes kyle look like Maradona. When Wright gets suspended (which he will) its going to b painful to watch big Nyron. I hope to be proved wrong...

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 15:34   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
i've been down to training mate, the lads got no first touch... makes kyle look like Maradona. When Wright gets suspended (which he will) its going to b painful to watch big Nyron. I hope to be proved wrong...
Well, the gaffer's not gone far wrong so far (although I still want to make him regret releasing Tommy Smith) so we'll just have to see how it goes.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 12:59   #15
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Note: not spell checked this nor have i read through it

1 - Chelsea
Unstoppable, cover in every position makes them formidable. The only glimmers of hope are 1) an over emphasis on the champions league 2) being current champions makes them the team to beat. Even so, while the margin will be close i still cant see them being beat
Key Man: Mouriniho - the only personality that can keep a squad of stars united

2 - Man Utd
I think they will run Chelsea close, although should Ferdinand or Rooney get injured they look much weaker. Alan Smiths ability to play holding midfeild is another key factor
Key Man: Van Nistelrooy - need to refind the onion bag

3 - Liverpool
Benitez seems to get on with his job without complaining about injuries etc. The return of Cisse is massive and Gerrard and Alonso are as good as any other central midfeild in the world. A few injuries could make liverpools defence look very leaky
Key Man: Jamie Carragher - holds the defence together

4 - Arsenal
Great football team but too many unproven players in the premiership, i dont know enough about them to put them any higher
Key Man: Henry - 1 man team????

5 - Tottenham
I think Jol has built a good, young english squad. I feel other clubs will struggle due to european commitments leaving the door open for spurs...
Key Man: Defoe - has the potential to fire Spurs into Europe.

6 - Villa
Similar scnario to Spurs... Phillips is a cracking buy
Key Man: Phillips - still has the potential to score goals at the highest level, needs service which barry, solano etc... can provide.

7 - Sunderland
Everyone else thinks they'll struggle... BUT... The squad is largely unknown making them dangerous to more complacent members of the league. Also of the opening games, all but one of Sunderlands fixtures are winnable meaning confidence should b high early on. 50,000 supporters at home games is also likely to help as is Mic McCarthy who is quietly working miracles.
Key Man: Dean Whitehead - has the potential to b one of the best central midfeilders in the league

8 - Everton
Solid squad, regardless of whether they get into europe i think they overperformed last season. Much will rest on James Beattie. Loosing Stubbs is likely to make the defence leak goals, David Weir wont be able to play a whole season.
Key Man: Bill Kenwright (Chairman) needs to put his hand in his pocket to strengthen the squad, especially in defence

9 - Blackburn Rovers
Im a huge fan of Mark Hughes and think he's built a solid unit. They will be an extremely difficult team to beat until bellamy decides to rock the boat, which he will....
Key Man: Bellamy - how long until he decides to be a twat?

10 - Bolton
Preoccupied with Europe, I like Big Sam but is buying and selling a long term solution?

11 - Charlton
Slow and steady wins the race, the spring fade seems almost inevitable

12 - West Ham
Try to play good football, Gabbidon should b a good signing, Matthew Etherington is a class act and should shine in the premier league

13 - Smogs
Boring team, boring league position, McClaren is too busy with europe and coaching badges

14 - Man City
Nothing team

15 - Birmingham
see Man City

16 Fulham
Could even b relegated Ive only put them 16th because i think the clubs below them are slightly worse

17 West Brom
Will probably just about survive for similar reasons to Fulham

18 Pompy
I think the club is setup for the championship... crap ground, crap facilities, crap team etc...

19 Newcastle
They have absolutely nothing going for them... even the geordies are sick of them. They wont move forward until they get rid of Shearer. Souness has fit in well

20 Wigan
Below Newcastle? they must b and are fecking sh1te

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 13:08   #16
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
19 Newcastle
They have absolutely nothing going for them... even the geordies are sick of them. They wont move forward until they get rid of Shearer. Souness has fit in well
come off it. i don't care you're a sunderland (or sunnerlun, as alan hansen likes to call you) fan, but newcastle aren't going to get relegated. i can't see them in europe and i cant see souness there in a year's time, but they won't get the drop.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 13:56   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
come off it. i don't care you're a sunderland (or sunnerlun, as alan hansen likes to call you) fan, but newcastle aren't going to get relegated. i can't see them in europe and i cant see souness there in a year's time, but they won't get the drop.
They'll be fighting relegation from the word go. I can see them going down, with Souness getting the sack by November.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 14:26   #18
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
1) Arsenal - Because i support them and they will win (this might haunt me)
I never really liked biased Arsenal fans.

I mean fair enough, have optimism and all but Chelsea are far too strong. Get a reality check.

I for one would be surprised if Arsenal do win the league but that's just unlikely.

2nd place will be their spot for the new season.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 14:27   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
They'll be fighting relegation from the word go. I can see them going down, with Souness getting the sack by November.
they need a striker desperately. but given's a solid keeper, they're pretty good at the back and very good in the midfield. The lack of a critical finishing edge is going to cost them European contention, but there's no way that squad will get relegated.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 14:29   #20
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1-Man Utd
2-Chelsea
3-Liverpool
4-Arsenal
5-Aston Villa
6-Tottenham
7-Everton
8-Middlesborough
9-Bolton
10-Newcastle
11-Man City
12-Charlton
13-Fulham
14-Birmingham City
15-Blackburn Rovers
16-West Bromwich Albion
17-Portsmouth
18-West Ham
19-Sunderland
20-Wigan

I thought Id also write something on villa while im here.

As a villa fan for years and years, a season ticket holder since I was 7 until 18, I feel that my knowledge of the villa for a student not leaving in Birmingham term time is better than most.

Note ill be going to all the villa games apart from portsmouth away upto and including 19th september.

Why are villa going to finish 6th?

Firstly villa is a top 6 side. We are the oldest team in the premiership (founded 1874) we have won the European Cup in 1982, we have won the league, fa cup, league cup countless of times and our fan base is big home and away. We have a big stadium, a big support and we are a force in British football. Villa always seems to make something out of nothing.

Looking at the facts im a bit dissapointed at the signing of this summer its a bit like signing the euro 96 teams with berger and phillips, however my mind quickly changed when I saw them play against Wolves and Walsall last week. Both seemed fit, quick and skilled and look as though they can add a bite to Villa.

You have to remember last season we by no means did badly. We finished tenth. This was for a side who two seasons ago were too close to relegation for comfort. If we would of won 3 more games we could have been in europe. What villa achieved though was a vision, we need european football again and thats what villa is going to strive for this season.

I look at the villa squad and I see obvious quality you cant get away from it. The defensive pairing of Mellberg and Laursen, a quick fact for you last seasont they were paired half a dozen times, 3 of which ended in a victory and a further two in draws, so if Laursen and Mellberg can maintain full fitness for the majority of the season this is an exciting prospect. Another exciting defensive prospect is a young lad Liam Ridgewell (who scored against Walsall incidently) He also got sent off last season but technicalities, still its good to see youth getting into the defence, which is vital these days in my opinion. As well as that we have strengthened our defence with Aaron Hughes being brought in and of course the Welsh International Mark Delany still around. My favourite defender after Mellberg is Jlloyd Samuel, he is a great player, he just needs his chance to shine, definatly a player to watch out for this season!

Midfield wise, we have a strong Midfield, what more can I say? Barry, Solano, Berger, Hendrie, McCann, Davis, Whittingham. We have depth and width, speed and skill, this is going to be a young, fast midfiled who hopefully will be supplying the balls. The midfielders to watch out for would be Barry, Solano and McCann, however keep on eye on Steven Davis and Peter Whittingam who both can play the ball well.

Attacking wise we are weaker than last season, with less options. If we get Baros we will still be short of the magic 4 strickers DOL is aiming for. However I wont complain at what we have got. Juan Pablo Angel, the man is a legend and can knock them in, he is looking fitter and hungary for the ball, Im sure he will knock in at least 20 goals this season. Kevin Phillips is a head strong character who can play football, I hope he will be a good signing and once again he looks hungary and fit, ready for the new season. finally Luke Moore and gabriel agonlahor. These are the two for the future, I know we always say it at villa but these two can score and will score.

In conclusion villa have a team this season, not a group of individuals, its a young vibrant and exciting team to watch, and I know it will be hard for teams to come to villa park and get a victory especially with the mighty holte roaring as usual.

Villas achievements next season will be:

League Cup
Semi Final FA Cup
Top Six
Beat Blues
Beat Baggies

work towards winning the uefa and then the european cup.

Last edited by pig; 10 Aug 2005 at 15:02.
pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 14:33   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

1. Chelsea.
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool, just
4. Glazer, Inc.
5. Spurs
6. Bolton
7. Boro
8. Man City
9. Villa
10. Brum
11. Charlton
12. Everton
13. Newcastle
14. Fulham
15. Blackburn
16. Hammers
17. Sunderland
18. Latics
19. Pompey
20. Baggies
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 14:43   #22
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Newcastle
8. Aston Villa
9. Middlesbro
10. Bolton
11. Birmingham
12. Charlton
13. Man City
14. Blackburn
15. Portsmouth
16. Fulham
17. West Ham
18. West Brom
19. Sunderland
20. Wigan

I'd expect a 10 point gap between 4th and 5th, and only 7 points between 14th and 19th
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 19:01   #23
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think i was reasonably accurate last season, other than predicting Birmingham finishing 6th. Here goes this seasons predictions.

1. Chelsea

£21M on one midfielder. £8M on another top left back. If they had a hole in their squad, its been plugged, and say what you like about Drogba, but given the service (and my god that midfield delivers service) hes down for 25 goals this season, with Gudjohnssen not far behind. In Europe I still dont think theyre good enough, but if they pick up the strikers theyre rumoured to be chasing, or Crespo forgets hes in London and pretends hes still in Milan, theyll win it again at a canter, and the Treble is a real possibility.

2. Man United

Fergie has a lot of problems in his squad. Arguments, contract disputes, and breaking up the ugliest family pairing in football history. However The Horse is finally fit, Rooney is about 2 stone lighter, and he didnt lose anyone of note during the summer. No really groundbreaking summer signings, but TBH, he didnt need anyone. Be interesting to see if Owen joins, but theyll be the closest challengers to Chelsea by a long shot because theyre still a settled squad. As long as he stops trying to pretend to people that Alan Smith is a midfielder, or that Liam Miller and David Bellion are footballer, the Red Devils should do well.

3. Arsenal

How do you replace Vieira? You Dont.

A fantastic team spirit has always been the hallmark of Arsenal, but when you remove the guy who was the backbone of the team, you expect a "Transitional" season. Hleb is a fantastic acquisition, and will do brilliantly for the team, but he doesnt have that defensive presence that Vieira always gave. Fabregas is a fantastic talent, but still developing. Given 2 years. if theres no further losses (Pires / Bergkamp / Ljungberg at the end of the season?) Arsenal will be genuine contenders. Failure to land Baptista is a real blow, and Reyes remains unhappy no matter what might be said publicly.

4. Liverpool

They won the Champions League. They signed ......... nobody of any real note. The problem for Liverpool is that despite all that extra cash, theyve not brought in anyone truly world class to improve the squad, just squad players to cover for injuries. Crouch? Nesta would eat him alive. Zenden? Couldnt cut it at Chelsea, why should be now be the saviour of the kop. Benitez is a top coach, and given decent finance, could turn the club into genuine contenders. Needs time and money. Might be given one, but not the other. Just cannot get to grips with the physical side of the Premiership.

5. Tottenham

Oh Yes. This is the season that the Yiddo's finally remind everyone theyre still here. Signings in the summer have been quietly, efficiently done, and Davids is exactly what this team needs. Great frontline that hasnt been too badly affected by transfer speculation (King / Gardner / Defoe all rumoured, but hey , none moved and the rumours died.). Sold Simon Davies for £3.5M and got Edgar Davids on a Free? Jol should be Chancellor of the Exchequer (if only Harry Redknapp hasnt applied before him).

6. Middlesboro

Theres been a shift in power in the north-east over the last few years, and its moved from the Tyne to the Tees. A cracking squad last season, and some really strong developing kids. Downing signed an extension to his contract, McLaren will follow suit, low key signings, but McLaren learned from the best how to turn a squad player into a world beater. Yakubu with Hasselbaink? Christ, id rather face a firing squad. Watch for Mendieta finally coming good with a full pre-season behind him.

7. Bolton

Sam Allardyce is the second coming. I could praise his transfer policy, his man management, or the fact hes the loudest thing in Britain apart from Elton John's dinner jackets. Ultimate compliment paid to him is that he was voted "Manager you are most likely to buy a used car from" this week in the national media. You cant beat Bolton, you just survive them.

8. Everton

It doesnt matter how many horror films you watch, nothing scares you, or a visiting player, as much as David Moyes staring at you. Add this to a midfield thats more reminiscent of The Dirty Dozen than the Anfield pretty boys across Stanley Park, and Evertonians will be looking at another top 10 finish. If youve been to Goodison, youll know why it was so hard to attract players this summer, but Neville and Davies add a bit of ability to the midfield that was sorely lacking last season. Beattie is still a fat bastard though.

9. Charlton

No idea exactly why I predict this other than Curbishley is a FB manager. They beat teams they shouldnt, they lose to teams they should whip. Better than average, but not consistent enough to be truly good.

10. Newcastle.

Goodbye Souey. What Souness inherited from Robson was a collection of ego's , but with enough raw talent to sink any club in Europe. What he has now is a collection of ego's but the talented ones are unhappy, looking to move, retiring, or have gone. Shearer to get 20 goals this year? Only if they get 30 penalties at St James. Total lack of a top class strike partner will see them finish mid table and Souness get the boot. Pity though, Emre and Parker is a brilliant pair of additions to the midfield, but you need a top man manager to get them playing, and that isnt the current boss.

11. Blackburn

And onto the other end of the Spectrum. A man manager that mixes a LOT of steel with enough flair to score a few goals. Sell Stead, buy Bellamy for £4m. Hughes had a really good crop of players last season, and hes added a couple more. Nothing high profile, and if anyone can handle Bellamy's ego, its Hughes.

12. Birmingham.

If ever there was a team you WANT to do well because theyve been screwed over for years, its probably the Blues. Being the second team in the second city for nearly 2 decades hurts (just ask Everton fans) and this season, theyll properly break that curse.

13. Villa

And itll come down to the last few games, and probably a derby, to prove that Villa are in decline. I just dunno what O'Leary has to do to get a proper transfer budget. Motivates his team, signs good players, but simply cant attract the top players because of Deadly Doug. My mate Mike is a massive Villa fan, so thanks to Deadly Doug, I once again have a season where I can mock him every Saturday at 4:45.

14. Man City

Psycho is large and in charge. Unlike Souness, Pearce is pure raw aggression, but with genuine sportsmanship thrown in. His teams are pure, raw aggression, and his signings in the summer follow that same pattern. The loss of Wright-Phillips is going to hurt like hell, but hes apparently got £10m of that to spend, and Andy Cole is the kind of striker that gets 15 goals a season, even at 34.

15. Fulham

The Cottagers are in here because they have a team that just wont get relegated, but wont ever achieve anything whilst they try balancing the books. If Malbranque goes, This prediction changes to 17th. Van Der Sar cannot be replaced, and failing to sign him up to a long term contract has really hurt.

16. Portsmouth.

PLAY UP POMPEY PLAY UP!

I love the Blues. Lokken Loves the Blues. Forest probably loves them literally (and ive heard a few stories that hes been spotted down the docks taking "training Sessions" from large black men). Perrin is a good coach, but theyre hamstrung by having a city that just doesnt have lots of incredibly nice beachfront property for players on less than £20k a week to buy. Robert is great, but lazy, and the fans wont take to him. They lost the Yak, and Lua Lua remains more injury prone than Darren Anderton.

17. WBA

They scraped it last season, theyll stroll it this season. Robson's men have genuine bottle for a battle as they showed last season and this season, theyll be pushing Pompey hard (see reference to Forest and large black men) for that 16th place. Last seasons experience will hold them in good stead, and theyre a fast, physical side that will cause a few shocks this season.

18. Wigan.

Paul Jewell is a good manager. He has money to spend. Ok, the towns a hole you wouldnt send your mother in law to, and football is still the second sport, but they proved last season they have a bit of fight in them, and Roberts and Ellington are two strikers with plenty to prove to the big boys. Will frighten a few, but fade away as lack of squad depth and quality come to bear.

19. Sunderland.

Big Mick brings a wealth of experience to the club. He brings tactical knowledge, he brings motivational abiliy by the barreload. But he couldnt bag a top signing if he was shooting them in a barrel with an uzi from five feet. Jon Stead? Fk off, the Niall Quinn/Kevin Phillps partnership worked because Quinn was strong and had a good touch. Stead has a touch like a rapist and a mugshot to match. FTM for Reidy and Jakiri, but you boys are heading down. Enjoy the day trips to Newcastle , Middlesboro , Manchester and Chelsea, but treat this as a learning experience for when you come back up in 2 seasons. JUUUUUUUUUUULIO!

20. West Ham

Pardew is not the man to lead the Hammers. With that budget, a London club to attract players to, and a loyal base of season ticket holders to bankroll his signings, he has nobody of ANY note to show for it. The club scraped up last season, and will be in real danger of breaking Watford's lowest points score of all time this season.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 20:48   #24
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People said last years premiership was boring and predictable. I think this season will be even more so.
1. Chelsea
-----------------------
2. Man Utd
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
-------------------------
6. Middlesborough
7. Man City
8. Everton
9. Aston Villa
10. Bolton
11. Newcastle
12. Blackburn
13. Birmingham
14. Charlton
----------------------------
15. Fulham
16. Portsmouth
17. Sunderland
18. West Brom
19. West Ham
20. Wigan

No real suprises. I'll be very suprised if any team within each section I made finished within another.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!

Last edited by Ste; 11 Aug 2005 at 21:33.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 20:54   #25
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I never really liked biased Arsenal fans.

I mean fair enough, have optimism and all but Chelsea are far too strong. Get a reality check.

I for one would be surprised if Arsenal do win the league but that's just unlikely.

2nd place will be their spot for the new season.
I think biased is too strong a word, whats wrong with hoping for your team, isnt that what a supporter does? it a bloody prediction thread, not a bet i put my house on. Its the first time i ever got moaned at for being optimistic at something..
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 20:59   #26
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
I think biased is too strong a word, whats wrong with hoping for your team, isnt that what a supporter does? it a bloody prediction thread, not a bet i put my house on. Its the first time i ever got moaned at for being optimistic at something..
So-rry! Have a rep.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 22:30   #27
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Like I said in #forums a few hours ago:

Newcastle to finish 5th. The top four comprising of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manyoo and Chelski - with 3 points and goal difference seperating all 4 of them.
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 13:30   #28
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

1 Man Utd
2 Chelsea
3 Liverpool
4 Arsenal
5 Spurs
6 Everton
7 Bolton
8 Boro
9 Man City
10 Charlton
11 Aston Villa
12 Birmingham
13 Newcastle
14 Blackburn
15 West Ham
16 Fulham
17 Wigan
18 West Brom
19 Portsmouth
20 Sunderland
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 14:49   #29
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1. Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Everton
6. Blackburn
7. Tottenham
8. Middlesbro
9. Bolton
10. Aston Villa
11. Man City
12. Newcastle Utd
13. Birmingham
14. Charlton
15. Portsmouth
16. Fulham
17. West Ham
18. West Brom
19. Sunderland
20. Wigan
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 15:12   #30
Cannon_Fodder

Time is nearly upon us to bring this thread back to life and cringe at the errors we made (mostly wigan to be bottom)
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 18:52   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didnt. \o/
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 18:56   #32
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
I didnt. \o/
You did put West Ham to be bottom though, who have had an even better season than Wigan. (if they win their game in hand)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 19:15   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
You did put West Ham to be bottom though, who have had an even better season than Wigan. (if they win their game in hand)
TBH , almost everyone got the bottom 3 wrong. I still had Sunderland to go down.

What happened to your predictions?
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 19:24   #34
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
TBH , almost everyone got the bottom 3 wrong. I still had Sunderland to go down.

What happened to your predictions?
I was merely commenting on your confusing post of "I didnt. \o/".
I say confusing because I didn't know which part of sniborp's post you were referring to - either "to cringe at the errors we made" or "mostly wigan to be bottom".

I just pointed out that by predicting West Ham to finish bottom you had either
i) made a fairly large error
ii) made an error just as bad (if not worse) as predicting Wigan to finish bottom.

And I can't see my predictions, so clearly I did not predict. "Ctrl + F, Stew" would have assisted you with this.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 23:40   #35
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think that Hypia had another strong season. I can't see how Deffeh can call him a squad rotation player!

Also, Fabrigas has pulled off the surprise of the season by stepping into Viera's boosts and really doing well, even if they're behind Tottenham.

tbh, a lot of Deffeh's table isn't too bad.

I'm sad I didn't do this last time, it looks fun.

Someone forum pm me next time we do one.
Can we start now?
Why do I have to wait a whole year to laugh at how shit my predictions are?
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 08:08   #36
Cannon_Fodder

Well we don't know whose going up though do we?
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 11:49   #37
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

We can predict that too!
Unread 14 May 2006, 19:01   #38
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well the results are in and i scored 3 correct guesses.

Code:

02. Liverpool			02. Man Utd			Down 1
03. Man Utd			03. Liverpool			Up 1
04. Arsenal			04. Arsenal			CORRECT
05. Everton			05. Tottenham			Down 6
06. Blackburn		        06. Blackburn			CORRECT
07. Tottenham			07. Newcastle	                Up 2
08. Middlsebrough	        08. Bolton			Down 6
09. Bolton			09. West Ham			Up 1
10. Aston Villa			10. Wigan			Down 6
11. Man City			11. Everton			Down 4
12. Newcastle			12. Fulham			Up 5
13. Birmingham			13. Charlton			Down 5
14. Charlton			14. Middlesbrough		Down 1
15. Portsmouth		        15. Man City			Down 2
16. Fulham			16. Aston Villa			Up 4
17. West Ham			17. Portsmouth			Up 8
18. West Brom			18. Birmingham		        Down 1
19. Sunderland			19. West Brom		        Down 1
20. Wigan		        20. Sunderland		        Up 10

How did other folk do?
Unread 14 May 2006, 19:15   #39
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
People said last years premiership was boring and predictable. I think this season will be even more so.
1. Chelsea
-----------------------
2. Man Utd
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
-------------------------
6. Middlesborough
7. Man City
8. Everton
9. Aston Villa
10. Bolton
11. Newcastle
12. Blackburn
13. Birmingham
14. Charlton
----------------------------
15. Fulham
16. Portsmouth
17. Sunderland
18. West Brom
19. West Ham
20. Wigan

No real suprises. I'll be very suprised if any team within each section I made finished within another.
Top 5 Spot on.
Villa, Birmingham and Man City did worse than I expected and West Ham, Fulham and Wigan did better than I expected.

Not the most suprising season ever I must say.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2006, 19:30   #40
lokken
BlueTuba

Code:

02. Arsenal			02. Man Utd			Down 2
04. Liverpool			04. Arsenal			Up 1
05. Everton			05. Tottenham			Down 6
06. Spurs		        06. Blackburn			Up 1
07. Blackburn			07. Newcastle	                Up 1
08. Bolton	        08. Bolton			CORRECT
09. Boro			09. West Ham			Down 5
10. Newcastle			10. Wigan			Up 3
11. Villa			11. Everton			Down 5
12. Man City			12. Fulham			Down 3
13. Charlton			13. Charlton			CORRECT
14. Birmingham			14. Middlesbrough		Down 4
15. Portsmouth		        15. Man City			Down 2
16. West Ham			16. Aston Villa			Up 7
17. West Brom			17. Portsmouth			Down 2
18. Fulham			18. Birmingham		        Up 6
19. Sunderland			19. West Brom		        Down 1
20. Wigan		        20. Sunderland		        Up 10
Some of my quotes on here are shockingly accurate, despite my Portsmouth one showing me as a bit of a loon.

Quote:
Main man: Paul Jewell - did a bradford, and will probably know how to shove my words where the sun don't shine. Well I can't help putting you bottom if I think your team is shite, son.
Quote:
19 - Sunderland

Buy badly and thou shalt get relegated. And thus it shall come to pass
Quote:
13. Charlton

The bastards got Alexei Smertin and sadly for this bunch of uninspiring shite that cling to midtable like a bad shit to a toilet bowl, this means survival. Words can't describe how ordinary they are on paper, somehow they got a london cabby with a side parting to manage the team and his tactics seem to work. Darren Bent quite a nice signing though. Like the scummers and traffic cones, play in red and white and most people wouldn't mind if they disappeared.

Main man: Alexei Smertin - gets ball without tackling, distributes sensibly and just lets the team tick. Bit of a good player really.

This one was wrong, but I enjoyed it.

14. Birmingham

This is a team supported by a bunch of brummie chavs, with a chairman with more porn money than sense and a manager who is quite frankly, a complete cock. Will spend their way out of trouble if they have to despite the budget. Will succeed as per normal by boring teams to death with their holding midfielders and their colossal defence resulting in a defensive slip for Forssell to nip in. Please bugger off from the prem, I can't stand you.
Quote:
10. Barcodes

Will improve, defence is still mince, they've got no one upfront as Shearer is dying on his feet. Rubbish start to the season, Sourpuss to pack his bags and off back to jockland post haste and they'll do better after that considering no one likes him.
Quote:
7 - Blackbum

Now, I really hate Blackburn as a team. Dirty from start to finish, kick the ball into the oppositions corner area when they give the ball away for 'sporting purposes' but they seem to be relying on having a mega defence, and have finally got some goalscoring threat in Bellamy. Maybe Gamst Pedersen will pass it, rather than scoring himself. My surprise package for the season.

Main man: Bellend - they needed a goalscorer, they got one.

8. Bolton

Big Sam may look like a failed businessman who's been up all night drinking special brew when in a suit but he's got the unique talent of making shite players get results. Will be horribly stretched by the UEFA cup and Hierro will be a big miss. Okocha is mince, I don't care what anyone says, Spit the Dog is a good signing on a permanent basis. But Bolton, like Everton will carry the banner for "shite but effective", hence why they are 8th and not relegated.

Main man: Big Sam, cos his players are too shite to be 'main men'
Easy this football lark really.
Unread 14 May 2006, 19:31   #41
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
==:1. Chelsea.
+2:2. Arsenal
==:3. Liverpool, just
-2:4. Glazer, Inc.
==:5. Spurs
+2:6. Bolton
+7:7. Boro
+7:8. Man City
+7:9. Villa
+8:10. Brum
+2:11. Charlton
-2:12. Everton
-6:13. Newcastle
-2:14. Fulham
-9:15. Blackburn
-7:16. Hammers
+3:17. Sunderland
-8:18. Latics
-2:19. Pompey
-1:20. Baggies
:/
Unread 14 May 2006, 22:09   #42
Cannon_Fodder

Code:

01. Arsenal			01. Chelsea			Down 3
02. Chelsea			02. Man Utd			Up 1
04. Liverpool			04. Arsenal			Up 1
05. Tottenham			05. Tottenham			Correct
06. Everton		        06. Blackburn			Down 5
07. Newcastle			07. Newcastle	                Correct
08. Bolton	                08. Bolton			Correct
09. Middlesborough		09. West Ham			Down 5