User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Jul 2003, 22:32   #1
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
School

Well, i just found out that im not getting into school this year (most likely). Im at pretty low on all the lists, so i will probably not make it it..
This sucks, as i would have gotten in last year if it had not been for the fact that my last school is ****ing ****. Well, i'm gonna try to get into a private school instead, (not one of those richy rich type schools) and test my luck there instead. Im feel like im selling out, but this time, it's not my fault, is it?

Well, folks, what about you? Did you get into what you wanted, or don't you know yet?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 22:34   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If I don't get at least 11, I'll be annoyed.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 22:50   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Hey, I didn't get into college either, sucks.

Good luck!!!!!!!!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:13   #4
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I got sick near the end of senior year and failed some of my classes. Plus I wasn't able to write some applications because I was in a coma at that time. So basically I got shafted into going to the local college that was beyond my league. I got accepted, but only because I had taken classes there during High School.

I failed out after my first year. I took a break for a semester, and went back. I failed again, but this time I dropped all the classes I couldn't pass so that I wasn't forced to go on another leave, only this time for a year. I'm taking a math class over the summer, and to say the least, it's not exactly going so well. I fear that I'm going to fail it again (3rd time's a charm, so they say. So they say).

I find it interesting that I have an IQ of 148, yet I can't pass a simple math class. I try not to think about it, but there's always that nagging question 'why' in there.

Oh well.

End rant

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:19   #5
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I applied for uni, but then realised several things. Firstly I don't want to do the course, secondly I won't the grades I need to do the course, and thirdly I wouldn't be any good at the course. So now I'm gonna do a third year at college so I can figure out what to do, although I have a nasty feeling that although I told my tutor I wanted to do a third year, he ignored me and I'm going to be left with nothing to do next year apart sit at home reading internet forums
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:23   #6
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
I'm going to be left with nothing to do next year apart sit at home reading internet forums
My life this last semester.

It's not as bad as it sounds.

Really.

"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:25   #7
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
My life this last semester.

It's not as bad as it sounds.

Really.

I hear ya bro.

Cept I got stoned a lot too.

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:26   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Mirai, try to get "private" help, not like buying a teacher, more like a smart firend, or something.
It helped a lot for me, as i have a problem learing from most teachers, since we don't "hit". (Most teachers i've met are strict, i hate "evil" authority people) So getting help from somebody i knew, and liked, made me pass a few classes whit good grades, acutally two classes whit the next best grade, and that was two classes i've never even got grades in before.

I don't know if it will help you, but you should try it
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:31   #9
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Mirai, try to get "private" help, not like buying a teacher, more like a smart firend, or something.
It helped a lot for me, as i have a problem learing from most teachers, since we don't "hit". (Most teachers i've met are strict, i hate "evil" authority people) So getting help from somebody i knew, and liked, made me pass a few classes whit good grades, acutally two classes whit the next best grade, and that was two classes i've never even got grades in before.

I don't know if it will help you, but you should try it
My dad's an astrophysics and Astronomy PhD, my mom's a Physics PhD, and my bro is an astrophysics major at a top 10 university. I'm fairly sure I don't need a tutor.

The thing is, I'm just not happy at this school. It's way to freaking hard (60% of the population fails out first year) and it doesn't have any of the major options that I'm good at or want.

Unread 15 Jul 2003, 05:20   #10
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai

The thing is, I'm just not happy at this school. It's way to freaking hard (60% of the population fails out first year) and it doesn't have any of the major options that I'm good at or want.
grind it out, and get into their Advanced Explosives Engineering Graduate course ;-)
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 09:09   #11
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
I had the flu during my end of year exams and got 9%.

But they are letting me continue anyway.

(I like Trinity very much. )
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 09:26   #12
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you mean you dont get in?

Can schools in britain refuse you? how odd.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 09:43   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
he isnt in britain
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 10:12   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
he is probably talking about colleges and universities too. they are as simple as schools in the UK, but we will let them carry on thinking that they sound clever when they are 22 and still at school.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 12:29   #15
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I found out I've still got a job with the same company I've been with for 6 years, but that I'll be transferring to Florida and getting a 20% payrise.

\o/

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 12:45   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I got into LSE.

But I have to fill out an application form, and give some references, the charity of whom I think I have exhausted.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 12:47   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
well, thats a piece of good news DM.

I have a conditional offer to Glasgow uni to do english literature.

Except, i cant be bothered already. Id much rather do Film and TV studies or something.

Thing is, whatever i end up doing, i wont enjoy it. I dont care about life post-uni, so dont tell me "englit is useless". I dont forsee myself living that long. I just want to stay in uni forever, and ever.

Bearing in mind the next 10 years are pretty much the peak of my life, i want to make the most of them if i get a chance

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 13:08   #18
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
Can schools in britain refuse you? how odd.
Colleges in the UK can yes.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 17:32   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
I had the flu during my end of year exams and got 9%.
More than me!

More than giles!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 19:26   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Thing is, whatever i end up doing, i wont enjoy it. I dont care about life post-uni, so dont tell me "englit is useless". I dont forsee myself living that long. I just want to stay in uni forever, and ever.
That's a good plan. Plus, it doesn't really matter what degree you do.

A piece of advice my Maths teacher once gave was "Do the degree that'll be easiest for you". While this would seem to cement his status as a comprehensive maths teacher, it makes a certain amount of sense (obviously don't do something ****e for the sake of it). Generally the thing that's easy is the thing you'll enjoy anyway, so...
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 19:58   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh

Bearing in mind the next 10 years are pretty much the peak of my life, i want to make the most of them if i get a chance
self fufilling prophecy.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:03   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
self fufilling prophecy.
Getting old sucks

Still, being older can mean having all the freedom you had at uni but not having to eat catfood to stay alive.

I haven't found that job yet though.
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:06   #23
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Getting old sucks

Still, being older can mean having all the freedom you had at uni but not having to eat catfood to stay alive.

I haven't found that job yet though.
political science
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:07   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
political science
It's OK, I'm doing a worthwhile degree now. I mean, when was the last time you saw a council estate housig officer who wasn't driving a ferrari to work, right?
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:11   #25
Nodrog

Quote:
It's OK, I'm doing a worthwhile degree now. I mean, when was the last time you saw a council estate housig officer who wasn't driving a ferrari to work, right?
I dont know if youre being sarcastic and I've no idea what a council estate housing officer is. What are you studying now?
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:14   #26
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
i flunked my exams and so are doing probably another year at college to get decent grades to get into university.

i'm aiming at A's this time rather tahn dossing, i don't think i'll get all A's, but i may get good grades and get to oxford or cambridge or lse or somewhere.

KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:19   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I dont know if youre being sarcastic and I've no idea what a council estate housing officer is. What are you studying now?
Housing and Regeneration MSc one day a week.

A housing officer is someone who listens to people moan at the fact they live on a council estate. If anything could turn you into a right-wing bastard, it's my job.

"I think it's disgraceful."
"Sorry, what is?"
"This letter I've received. It says I owe all this money."
"Ok, let me have a look. Ok, yes. You £21."
"Now, look I pay my rent regular, I don't have to listen to this. You've done nothing for me. My rent is £80 a week? A WEEK? Do you hear me?"
"well, you do have a three-bedroom house...."
"Exactly. It's outrageous."
"And upon checking, you dont actually pay the rent either, do you? It's paid for by housing benefit?"
"Well, that's right."
"So, in summary, you get a three-bedroom house in a niceish part of Bromley for absolutley nothing? The only reason you owe this money is becuase you chose to take out home insurance, which is 3 quid a week, and you haven't paid!"
"Well, I don't see why I should have to pay."

**** wits.

Oh, and best of all woman who has legal responsibility for ten children (they aren't all hers), despite being 25 years old.
"Yeah, it's getting a bit much, I only live in a 3 bed house."
"I can imagine...."
"But my mate Dan off the estate says he'll knock down my wall to give me more room. Is that OK?"
"Erm...is it a load-bearing wall?"
"What? I better go, the phone box has run out of money..."

Fortunately I never had any illusions in anyone before this.
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:53   #28
Nodrog

Quote:

Fortunately I never had any illusions in anyone before this.
If it sucks, why do it? Does it pay a lot or something.
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:05   #29
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
i flunked my exams and so are doing probably another year at college to get decent grades to get into university.

i'm aiming at A's this time rather tahn dossing, i don't think i'll get all A's, but i may get good grades and get to oxford or cambridge or lse or somewhere.

er

without A's you aren't going to any of those places matey.

Unless you really impress them, and well, what are the chances of that?

Me, I want to do History and Philosophy somewhere, Exeter looks most likely atm.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:17   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
If it sucks, why do it?
It pays the rent.
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 22:58   #31
Ugly Monkey
Super Ultimate Cool

Ugly Monkey is infamous around these partsUgly Monkey is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
Trinity
my nextdoor neighbour goes there

yup
Ugly Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote