User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:44   #1
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Sonic

I have important news!!!

I have purchased this for my dying console

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...uctCode=GC0292

Last edited by Kumnaa; 26 Jun 2003 at 23:11.
Kumnaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:46   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
surely buying a megadrive and every sonic game ever made wouldve achieved the same thing at 1/10th of the cost?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:48   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Thanks for providing us with this most remarkable piece of information and insight into your varied and wonderful life.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:48   #4
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
surely buying a megadrive and every sonic game ever made wouldve achieved the same thing at 1/10th of the cost?
that would require finding a plug for it and finding somewhere to buy them all and re,pving one of the many devices already plugged into my telly
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:49   #5
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

plus i like the idea of playing sega games on my nintendo machine
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:54   #6
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
plus i like the idea of playing sega games on my nintendo machine

i honestly thought from this one comment that some geek had invented some weird and wonderful adapter type thingy!

but i'm dumb
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:55   #7
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Thanks for providing us with this most remarkable piece of information and insight into your varied and wonderful life.
haha, you're upset about that bloke!
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:57   #8
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
haha, you're upset about that bloke!
haha, you just spent £35 on some games I can get for £10.

ohsnap.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:57   #9
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
i honestly thought from this one comment that some geek had invented some weird and wonderful adapter type thingy!
-spaces-
but i'm dumb
nah, I dont go around installing linux on consoles or any of that bizarreness
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:59   #10
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Laughing at someones death isn't that funny.

But, I have a real original mega drive with soldered wires and everything!
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:01   #11
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
Laughing at someones death isn't that funny.

But, I have a real original mega drive with soldered wires and everything!
Im not laughing at his death, I just said it didnt affect me and they got upset.

I've got a mega drive and the orginal sonic somewhere in one of my boxes, my controllers are a bit knackered tho.

[Edit] also why the solder ?
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:05   #12
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
You could download them in about 3 seconds for **** all.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:06   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sonic. Great games, Sonic & Knuckles with Sonic 3 inserted in particular. Completed em all.

Im currently trying to play through the mario series, done mariokart mario 2 and marioworld. Ive actually never completed mario 1 though, and mario 3 is hard. Also, theres the lost levels, which truly suck.

Surely they arent as bad as mario 2 though.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:07   #14
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

yeah i had a few of them, its just not the same on PC especially with MicrosoftSidewinder Pros, the ones with a dodgy cross between analog and digital controllers.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:12   #15
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
re-reading this the question occurs to me, £3.49 for a megadrive and all the games?
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:17   #16
Freakozoid
Anon.

Solder because the Scart cable or whatever its called the wires fell out.

so its fixed with sellotape and solder.

my controllers are knackered due to the frustration of losing time and time again in Pete Sampras tennis
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:24   #17
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
my controllers are knackered due to the frustration of losing time and time again in Pete Sampras tennis
That game is completely ****ing impossible. Miss an ace or don't force a crap return with the serve and you lose the point nine times out of ten.

As soon as you think you're winning, you get to play Sampras who does all sorts of curvy nonsense and ruins your chance of a happy life.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:26   #18
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
haha, you just spent £35 on some games I can get for £10.

ohsnap.
if I cared about the money I would have downloaded the games
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:27   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
That game is completely ****ing impossible. Miss an ace or don't force a crap return with the serve and you lose the point nine times out of ten.

As soon as you think you're winning, you get to play Sampras who does all sorts of curvy nonsense and ruins your chance of a happy life.
this made me smile. good post

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:32   #20
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

while we're on the topic of old skool games, did anybody else play Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco Grand Prix, I used to love that game but i've only ever met 1 other person that played it
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 00:37   #21
Sally
Yo' Bitch

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
while we're on the topic of old skool games, did anybody else play Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco Grand Prix, I used to love that game but i've only ever met 1 other person that played it
I played that! My dad had it on an Atari ST. I was never any good at it though.

(Well, I was about 8!)

Sally
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 00:46   #22
Freakozoid
Anon.

Quote:

Dunno

I never managed to get past that Asian woman.

****ing bitch always won.

I used to get so angry it was ridiculous.
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 01:02   #23
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Sonic

Quote:
I have purchased this for my dying console
The Game Cube's dying? But I'm going to get one for my birthday in just over two weeks
Why do I always back the wrong console? I've had a Saturn, N64 and Dreamcast, all of which sank without a trace, and now I'm about to board a sinking ship in the form of the Game Cube.
Still, it shall be worth it to play the new Zelda game(hopefully)
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 02:39   #24
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
XBox is dying a hell of a lot faster than that GC, if the GC's dying at all.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 06:58   #25
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Surely they arent as bad as mario 2 though.
i don't think anything is as bad as mario 2 tbh
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 07:17   #26
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Mario 3 was awesome though

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 07:30   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 are the dogs
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 08:19   #28
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Re: Re: Sonic

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
The Game Cube's dying? But I'm going to get one for my birthday in just over two weeks
Why do I always back the wrong console? I've had a Saturn, N64 and Dreamcast, all of which sank without a trace, and now I'm about to board a sinking ship in the form of the Game Cube.
Still, it shall be worth it to play the new Zelda game(hopefully)
Most major chains have considered dropping the gamecube because of very poor sales. There have been a few /. articles about it

Its a shame cause its the only console that lives off selling console games unlike the PS2 Xbox which are trying to be pcs.
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 08:21   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Sonic

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Why do I always back the wrong console? I've had a Saturn, N64 and Dreamcast
The N64 died?

ps.

You can still get gamecubes from Game, Woolworths and the like...

The releases of Zelda and Metroid boosted the sales somewhat.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 09:09   #30
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The Dreamcast is fantastic because you can pick one up for £30 and then download the games and burn them to CD.

Mine has broken though, and only reads CDs upside down.

I wasn't aware that the N64 died. It started slowly, but sales picked up when the prices of games started to go down.

The GC seems pretty cool, and the games are good, but Zelda is a crime against humanity.
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 11:26   #31
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
I played my GC a total of about five times
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 11:39   #32
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
heh in various draws in my room currently i have a :

Spectrum +3 with original disk that came with it.
Megadrive (1st generation)
SNES
N64
Playstation (1st generation)
and downstairs i have a PS2

apparently the speccy with disk is worth something now.

it even works if i plug it in!
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 11:49   #33
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

I have an amstrad in my loft. I can't remember which number it is, but it's fantastic.

All I have (not including handhelds) is an Amstrad, SNES, half-broken Dreamcast and low spec PC
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 16:15   #34
warrmr

warrmr is an unknown quantity at this point
ok lets go through my consoles then

atari 2600 with 5 games
sega megadrive
486dx(thats a very slow pc with a whole 66mhz of proccessing power)
the origional gameboy not any of this GB pocket or GB color the big fat cunky greay GB
warrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 17:41   #35
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
hmmmmm console comparisons ey!

In my new house we will have:

a broken spectrum +2 (that i think my housemate only keeps around for perversness sake)
a nintendo (original 8 bit machine)
a mega drive (version 2, i am still lokking for a mega cd to attach it to )
N64 (just for perfect dark + goldeneye + conkers bad fur day)
i think that the saturn that was kicking about has just been sold to someone
Dreamcast (chu chu rocket \o/)
ps1
and...
a Game Park (which none of you will own and probably only a few of you will have heard of \o/)

we very rarely run out of things to do
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 18:10   #36
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
"age 3 and above"
I rest my case
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 21:01   #37
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Well I've just finished the first Sonic. I'd forgotten what a quality game was like

6 more Sonics to go!
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 21:05   #38
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
I wish death upon you and all you hold dear
You remind me of Robotnik
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 21:35   #39
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User