User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jun 2003, 14:40   #1
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up what a fantastic fight!!!!

LEWIS VS KLITCHKO

It was fantastic, havent seen such a gigantic fight since Ali vs Frazier.

Klitchko is the world champion for me.

Mankind is ready to enter the solar system
George W. Bush, in his speech about his space program
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 14:43   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Lenix is a better boxer imo. Unfortunately he sometimes underestimates his opponents, as he did for Rachman (sp?) the first time round. If there is a re-match i would expect Lewis to prepare more thoroughly and show why he is one of the best heavywieght boxers of recent time.
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 14:46   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There's only two criticisms I could make of Lewis in general:

1) He gets cocky with lower-ranked opponents and leaves himself open for trouble
2) He still has trouble dealing with smaller boxers and instead of using his reach advantage lets them get in close and tried hitting with short body shots that he can't pull off

Ain't seen much boxing recently though =(
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 14:48   #4
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
they're a bunch of bet wetting pansies.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam

Last edited by Radical Edward; 22 Jun 2003 at 14:56.
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 14:51   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
in new bunch of bet wetting pansies.
I reread that a couple of times.
It still makes no sense.
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 14:52   #6
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
Lewis got tooled. Had it gone on for another round or two, he would have dropped. He was barely able to find his stool to sit on when they stopped it.

Klitschko has some feckin' heart.
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 14:53   #7
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
boxing makes great late night viewing
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 14:57   #8
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
I reread that a couple of times.
It still makes no sense.
changed it. I forgot what I wrote, but I am having a few keyboard problems.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 20:46   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
hell, i just like to see the ****y ones fall.

Ali, Tyson. When lewis goes down, hes gonna go down hard. It would be good if its to someone like klitchko too, because he doesnt have the grasp of the english language to be ****y with it in an annoying way.

Byrd (i think?) would be as bad, if not worse than Lewis.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 21:38   #10
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo

2) He still has trouble dealing with smaller boxers and instead of using his reach advantage lets them get in close and tried hitting with short body shots that he can't pull off
This guy was actually bigger though.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 22:12   #11
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Hold on.

did Lewis win or lose?

It's not clear from this thread and I'm not ****ed googling or just looking at bbc webby or teletext
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 22:53   #12
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
Hold on.

did Lewis win or lose?

It's not clear from this thread and I'm not ****ed googling or just looking at bbc webby or teletext
Lewis won by 'TKO'(Klitchko had a nasty cut above his left eye and the ring doctor stopped the fight), but Klitchko won on all 3 score cards(58-56 iirc). Had the fight gone on, Klitchko would have won the title without a doubt in my mind.

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Lenix is a better boxer imo. Unfortunately he sometimes underestimates his opponents, as he did for Rachman (sp?) the first time round. If there is a re-match i would expect Lewis to prepare more thoroughly and show why he is one of the best heavywieght boxers of recent time.

Klitchko only had 2 weeks...yes 2 weeks to prep for the fight...and he still schooled Lewis...You can bet your ass that Klitchko will try to get a re-match asap...but I don't know if Lewis will go for it...cuz he knows he'll likely lose, so instead he wants to fight Roy Jones Jr.....who will also whoop Lewis' arse

Last edited by Dilly_D; 22 Jun 2003 at 23:06.
Dilly_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 22:57   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
This guy was actually bigger though.
I didn't see the fight, I wouldn't know. Was just making a generalisation based in part on the Tyson fight although to a greater extent a couple of bouts that went on far, far too long beforehand.
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 23:04   #14
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
so instead he wants to fight Roy Jones Jr.....who will also whoop Lewis' arse
He is probably the best pound for pound boxer around atm but he is still only a leight heavyweight after moving up through the middleweight divisions, so i would expect Lewis to quite easily over power him due to the sheer size difference.

Anyway, Lewis will probably only have 1 maybe 2 more fights and then retire before he starts to decline and ruin his superb record.
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 00:01   #15
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
The Klitschko brothers both have such amazing potential, I fully expect to see one of them go on to be the world champion in a few years.

I feel the other brother, not the one that fought Lewis is a far more accomplished fighter than Vitaly. He had a bad fight recently, but he is one tough bastard, punching through half a fight with a snapped tendon in his arm, and only losing on points.
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 15:54   #16
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
I feel the other brother, not the one that fought Lewis is a far more accomplished fighter than Vitaly. He had a bad fight recently, but he is one tough bastard, punching through half a fight with a snapped tendon in his arm, and only losing on points.
actually that was vitali , the same who fought lewis

Mankind is ready to enter the solar system
George W. Bush, in his speech about his space program
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote