User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jun 2003, 12:52   #1
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
well i have p3 tomorrow so some help is required

y=log(base10)x
x=10^y

show that x may be expressed in the form e^yln10

i have solutions i just need to understand why/how you substitute e in

and also

differentiate xe^(3x)

can someone explain the solution to me

and while your at that use the derivative of cos to prove d/dx(secx)=secxtanx

way im told to solve this is using d/dx(1/cosx)= sinx/cosx^2

but like how does d/dx of 1/cosx= sinx/cosx2 and how does that =secxtanx

cheers
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 13:00   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
y = lg x

y = ln x/ln 10

yln10 = ln x

e ^ y ln 10 = x

as for the 2nd

use the product rule.

d (xe^3x)/dx = dx/dx * e^3x + x * d e^3x/dx

= e^3x(1 + 3x)

as for the third

d (1/cosx)/dx = - (d cos x/dx) / cos^2x

(by d(f(x)^n)/dx = f'(x) * n(f(x))^n-1)

= - (-sin x)/cos^2x

= sin/cos * 1/cos

= tan x sec x

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 2 Jun 2003 at 13:11.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 13:02   #3
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
i have Stats on wednesday.

OH NO WHAT DO I DO?
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 13:03   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
i have Stats on wednesday.

OH NO WHAT DO I DO?
Pass.

It's easy.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 13:41   #5
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
I have P3 on friday 13th
I recon i need about half marks to finish up with an A
It looks hard tho, way harder than p1,p2,m1,m2,s1
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 14:56   #6
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't have a ****ing clue what ur on about..

but lookie i can type crap too

f = 5 + w

f * w = g / 5 *2

g > 6 - wq * p / 0

8 = (6^r)+(b+s)
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 15:16   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathjam
i don't have a ****ing clue what ur on about..

but lookie i can type crap too

f = 5 + w

f * w = g / 5 *2

g > 6 - wq * p / 0

8 = (6^r)+(b+s)
There's nothing like a good maths post, and this is nothing like a good maths post*!

*This joke sponsored by the 'let DM relive his youth' campaign.