User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 May 2003, 12:00   #1
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Enter The Matrix

has anyone seen any reviews of the game? does it look any good?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 12:06   #2
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point
someone said it was a ****ty version of max pain kinda gameplay, just with worse gfx!

i wouldnt keep my hopes up if i was you!
Unread 7 May 2003, 12:09   #3
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
I saw a review of it on the telly. I thought it looked rather nice. Worth testing atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 16:53   #4
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Lise: your friend is an idiot. It looks extremely promising
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 16:55   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Only time will tell, i guess?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 16:55   #6
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Only time will tell, i guess?
*Whip*
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 17:43   #7
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
Lise: your friend is an idiot. It looks extremely promising
i did some research actual...

and he had kinda right. Judging in these screenies, it looks like a huge dump of manure. Not even the gfx is up to date. Where are the shadows? The lightning looks incredible dull. What about some delicate textures? Cant help getting a good 1999 vibe of the gfx... the only thing that can save it is good gameplay, wich i seriously doubt will happen!
Unread 7 May 2003, 17:46   #8
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LISELOTTE
i did some research actual...

and he had kinda right. Judging in these screenies, it looks like a huge dump of manure. Not even the gfx is up to date. Where are the shadows? The lightning looks incredible dull. What about some delicate textures? Cant help getting a good 1999 vibe of the gfx... the only thing that can save it is good gameplay, wich i seriously doubt will happen!
sorry what?

are you trying to defend your first post with stupid comments?
those graphics look ace.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 17:50   #9
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
sorry what?

are you trying to defend your first post with stupid comments?
those graphics look ace.
what games have you played the two last years, have you seen UT2k3? Even good old Q3 is better than that.
Unread 7 May 2003, 17:51   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Are they beta screenies?

And Q3 is in no way 'better than that', don't talk crap.
Unread 7 May 2003, 17:57   #11
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Q3 is better than that.
Right, whatever
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 18:01   #12
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
what games have you played the two last years, have you seen UT2k3? Even good old Q3 is better than that.
yes but have you played UT 2003 ?
I thought it was a bit poor.

Still thats just opinion but the graphics in this game do look good and certainly miles better than Q3 which is how old now?
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 18:13   #13
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Are they beta screenies?

And Q3 is in no way 'better than that', don't talk crap.
if they are beta screenies then i can i be wrong, i have no problems with that, i only judge by those screenies. And yes.. i find the dynamic lighting in Q3 WAY better than this. It seem slike they have no lightning at all. The texture qualities seems like the same, hard to say, cause of the jpg's quality. Q3 is soon 3 1/2 years old.
Unread 7 May 2003, 18:37   #14
Masterix
Cheese lover

Masterix is an unknown quantity at this point
lucks sucky
Round 2- 39:3:11
Round 3- 34:14:22
Round 4- 129:8:13
Round 5- 6:1:10
Round 6- 29:1:10
Round 7- 14:6:13
Round 8- 22:1:1
Round 9- 6:4:10
Round 10- Had Enough with the beta
Masterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2003, 06:28   #15
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
tbh honest I don't care about graphics as my card isn'T that up to date. I just want to know if it is a good game or not. I still think Half Life is a good game even though the graphics are old and not good. Hell I would still play Monkey Island in all it's 16 colour glory with no bump mapping or dynamic lighting - though a rather nifty sunset scene - whatsoever, if I still had it.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2003, 12:27   #16
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
It sucks.

Trust me. And no, thats not only based on the screenshots....

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 18:11   #17
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Aight!! Anyone played it yet?

I don't want to waste 4 empty CDs and the better part of 1 houre, to not play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 18:39   #18
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
You seem to be forgetting that graffics == gameplay.

Which makes Epic excellent game producers, did you know they've already released information about UT2004 and say it may be released this year. It's using the UT2003 engine, so therefore, will be just as ****e as UT2003.

And Q3 is miles better then UT2003.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 20:18   #19
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
Aight!! Anyone played it yet?

I don't want to waste 4 empty CDs and the better part of 1 houre, to not play it.
It's nothing special really...
Only the 'matrix effect' looks ok. Gfx are quite poor. (Cars with square wheels anyone?? (Unless that's an intentional failure inside the matrix ofcourse hehe))
Wall walking, flips etc, quite amusing.

I'm just stuck in a level (Malachin and Bane). Dunno how to get out

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 20:59   #20
Kal_Zakath
Terror and Hubris

Kal_Zakath is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought it came out tommorow?
Kal_Zakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 21:16   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
And Q3 is miles better then UT2003.
No it isn't you fool.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote