User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Jul 2003, 13:06   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Deffeh's Open mind/Guinea Pig week. Take part!

I have decided to open my week up to you, the masses of general discussion.

i think its time i unclenched my fists a tad, and took advise from you lot.

What im looking for from you is to reccomend me:

Music

Bearing in mind my general taste is soft rock. However, anything goes, as the only two bands in the world i can honestly say ive heard _everything_ by are Greenday and Electric Soft Parade. This is your chance to reccomend me a great song by a band i have previously stated i dislike, as ive disliked the few things ive heard from them. Please limit to 3 songs per person, that way ill try and acquire and rate everything.

Drink

Im going to a party tonight, and ill take on board any suggestions you might have on what i should drink. Prefferably, i would like suggestions for drinkable ****tails, as i have a lot of red and white wine in the house, port, martini etc. Getting more is not a problem, but waste not want not.

Movies

I will visit the cinema tuesday and view a picture of GD's choice, choosing the movie that is suggested the most times. The only recent movie i have seen at the cinema is Bruce Almighty.

Videos

I will visit the video store on wednesday and pick up two videos to watch at my house. Obviously this means you can reccomend anything, so long as you are confident a fairly small global video store will have it. I'll pick the two videos that people give me the best descriptions of. Any genre. Of course, ill veto anything ive seen before.

Food

Thursday night i will attempt to cook a "proper" dinner. My culinary experience boils down to grilling meatables, and pasta, as well as other studenty easy things. So, ill be judging suggestions on three categories. Likeliness of me being able to make it, How much drool i produce at the thought, and how impressed my parents would be.

My Party

Friday, i will throw a party in my house. What i want for it, is a theme, suggestions for party games, tricks to play on people, etc, etc.

I am giving my week to you, the good people of GD. Suggestions on any or all of the categories, or of new categories are welcome.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 13:10   #2
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Music

Ever And a Day - AFI

Judith - A Perfect Circle

I'm Not Trading - Sunna

Games

Strip Pontoon

Rent

Something Violent
Something silly, ie Lilo and Stitch or Bill & Ted
Extra points for a violent black comedy with Van Damme and Reeves in then I guess.

Eat
Something cheap and fattening, like children.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 13:10   #3
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
GEMMA HAYES - LET A GOOD THING GO
ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS - SWING, SWING
ATHLETE - WESTSIDE

BOILING GRAPPA

DADDY DAY CARE

MAGNOLIA
DONNIE DARKO

JAZZY SHEPHERDS PIE
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 13:20   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Eels - Flower
Eels - Last Stop This Town

Blink 182 - Stay Together for the Kids
Blink 182 - Damnit

Roast Dinner's are relatively easy, but still quite impressive.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 14:12   #5
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
The Mars Volta - Inertiatic esp
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 14:15   #6
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Go to supermarket buy two litre (looks like a milk carton)carton of fruit juice type thing and pour in about 3/4 of a bottle of rum. Its ****ing fab, used morgans spiced last time - nicer than bacardi.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 14:40   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath by Black Sabbath

Not even remotely like you would expect

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 16:24   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
right, music ive got so far

the athlete song was moderately terrible
"swing swing" is great. thumbs up
sunna's song was whiny and it reminded me of why kerrang is the worst channel ever, sorry brick
AFI's song was pretty awful
The perfect circle song was ok
(Plus, before you edit out the polyphonic spree i downloaded soldier girl, and it was good - you should have left it in)
Last stop this town is really good
stay together for the kids is pretty poor but ive heard worse
dammit has a nice riff, but the singing and the lyrics are laughable.

Before i delete any of it, im going to give each at least a second listen, to be fair.

I realise i missed out gemma hayes and flower, im in the process of getting a hold of them

Unread 14 Jul 2003, 16:32   #9
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Music

The Living End - Prisoner of Society (Uh, rock?)
Morgan Heritage - Don't Haffi Dred (ragga)
Deltron 3030 - 3030 (Kinda mix of many music genres, mostly hiphop)

Drink

I've never been a fan of drinks, but i seem to recall that Martini combined whit 7-up and Mango(?) juice tastes pretty good. I migth be wrong, so test first.

Movies

As i almost never go to the cinema, i don't really know what's on, but i would recomend Charlies Angels 2, as i saw somebody else say it, thus giving me the impression that it is in the movies. And the first one was pretty funny
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 16:46   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Sorrry, but i pressed enter to early :(

Videos

Bichumoon (or something that way) is a good chinese-kung-fu movie, that i would think is there. They only talk Chinese, but hey, its subbed, so it's all good. Typical chinese tragedy, nobody gets eachother, everybody loves eachoter, and they hate eachother too. Kinda like Days of Our Lives, but whit more figthing. Nice figth scenes, nice "story", and very nice asian women. Can you ask for more?

Barbarella, the queen of the galaxy (The last part im unsure about). A really "good" oldie movie, about Barbarella and her quest. Sci-Fi from the 68'ers, can it get any better?

Food

Chicken Curry. I don't know how to make it, search for it. Try to do it the Indian way, it's a tad better then the other recipies, i've found out!

Party

Get me over, (planetickets and all) and have a "meet the Snurx" party! \o/
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 17:39   #11
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Music
Good Charlotte - Movin' On
Smash Mouth - All Star
Feeder - Satellite News

Movies

Charlie's Angels i reckon

Video

hmm you could get something a few years old......Enemy of the state or The Fugitive/US Marshalls were good. Or Rush Hour 1/2 maybe.

Food

hmm......maybe something like Spaghettie Bolognaise? That's reasonably easy to make.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 17:56   #12
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
hmm.. looks like you're up for a bit of an interesting week

Music
i'm just going to play 3 random songs on my winamp.. and whatever comes up i'll list here.
Vanessa Mae - Storm
Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Zoot Suit Riot
Eric Clapton - Got you on my mind

hmm.. there's a nice mix classical, jazz, blues/rock

Movies
not sure what's playing where you are. i want to go to pirates of the caribbean so that's what i suggest to you :P

Video
if you like horribly bad 'natural disaster' movies.. i recommend 'deep impact' and 'volcano' :P

Food
how about a sausage and bean soup (sort of like chili). i can give you the recipe if you want.

Party
i didn't know people did themed parties anymore :\ i don't really have anything to suggest.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 18:08   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

we dont, thats the problem

We end up at my house twice a week minimum now to drink, and its the same thing over and over again. Good fun, but it could be so much better. To remedy the situation were (or I, to put it better) gonna try and organise theme, or stipulation nights. One night i had a drinking contest with a friend. Not a regular "who could drink more" one, but a "who could stave off going to the toilet" one. I won, and he got his eyebrows plucked. We had some laughing contests before, (first one to laugh loses etc). It was fun for a while, but then two of my friends ruined it, by being too good at it. One of them went up and sprayed deoderant all over the other ones crotch then lit it, and they didnt laugh, either of them, whilst the rest of us were just falling to pieces.

Weve toyed with the idea of having a "dress in your mums clothes" night, but it would take a hell of a lot of organising and explaining.

I think a starting point anyway is Buying Twister, so ill do that sometime this week

Unread 14 Jul 2003, 18:21   #14
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
you have a deck of cards? (or depending on how many people two decks?)

here's an oh so fun drinking game (rules may vary)

place an empty cup in the center of the table. shuffle the cards and place them face down around the cup (doesn't have to look neat)

in turn each player picks up a card and does what it means:

ace-5 = you take 1-5 sips of your drink
6-9 = you give 1-4 drinks to your m8s (you can split them between people or give them all to one person)
10 = thumb card. person can put their thumb on the edge of the table at any point in this game. last person to notice and put their thumb down has to drink
Jack = bathroom card. you can use it to go to the bathroom without penalties.
Queen = rule card. you can make up any rule you want and everyone (including yourself) must follow it. rules carry on til the end of the game. (unless someone makes a rule that counters yours, etc). breaking a rule results in a drink.
King = pour some of your drink into the empty cup. person to get the last king has to drink it.

examples of rules i've seen made up are:
1. can't call each other by real names.
2. call each person the name of the person to their left.
3. if you need to go to the bathroom, you must crawl backwards.
4. girls aren't allowed to talk (how mean :P)
5. every time a girl drinks, all the guys drink two (we got even )
the list goes on :P
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 18:24   #15
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
music
I'll follow Vaio in that I nominate what I think is Black Sabbaths best song: Black Sabbath.
Exploding plastics - Funnybones & Lazylegs: movie like scary violin track combined with energetic drum 'n bass like percussion.

drinks
I wouldn't know, I can't stand anything but beer.

food
A variety of french cheeses on all sorts of bread and toast. It sometimes helps your party from becoming a night where about all of the men and half of the women are too busy nourishing themselves to entertain one another, left alone flirt.

films
Sorry, I haven't bothered to keep up with that for years.

videos
Orgazmo: one of few films that made me laugh out loud as of late.
Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness. Because of the quoteability, the reasonably good fighting scenes and to lower your moral standards in general.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 18:40   #16
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Who cares about these trivial things? Open mind my ass.

Oh, and Kosheen owns, listen to them.
Food to make: Garlic-filled baked chicken breasts, served with wok'ed vegetables and noodles.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 18:55   #17
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Deffeh's Open mind/Guinea Pig week. Take part!

Music

Ramones - Sedated something

Drink

Orange juice. It's cool to be sober, just tell your friends, they'll understand.

Movies

Not the Hulk. It's a Hulk of bulk of dulk and not very good. Rather see The City of God.

Videos

Only one. Das Bootleg. It's about a german tourist travelling to Singapore to get away from his marriage that is due in two weeks. He doesn't love his wife, but is forced to marry her because he put a child into her body, and now he feels responsible.

Afte he accidentally discovers that his great, great, great grandfather was Singaporian, the German boy visits this asian jewel to better understand who he is and were he came from.

The only thing he learns is that his past is somehow mixed up with software piracy. Believing that he has gained great knowledge, he heads back to Germany and starts up a small bootleg shoppe. Before long the police storms his little business, and a long trial ensues where the German tries to claim that all he was doing was following the culture he originated from, and if he wasn't allowed this his life was without meaning.

It's based on a true story.

Food

Go with something you know you'll like. And make lots of it, because 'Das Bootleg' is a horrible movie and will only be barable if you eat lots of food to entertain yourself.

My Party

I think that throwing parties is a bad idea, because you have to clean up afterwards and possibly buy new furniture.

Okay that's it for me.

Matrim
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 19:40   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
music
Smash Mouth - Walking On The Sun
One Giant Leap ft Robbie Williams - For My Culture
Gerard McMann - Cry Little Sister

drinks

Diet Coke

food

Salt & Vinegar Pringles
Crunchie Nuggets
Ben & Jerry's (any flavour)

films

Igby Goes Down

videos

The Near Room (Fantastic Glasgow Gangster Thriller)
Goodfellas
Training Day
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 21:15   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I hoped this thread would be about actual guinea pigs.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 00:25   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

stay on topic for once in your life, mrl.

ok, drinks. I decided to "try something new" - nothing. I abstained from drinking despite the beer, cider and wine on offer.

Worst idea ever