User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:30   #1
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Your Internet nickname

You have one. Of course you do.

Well, I don't like mine, and that's Shiva's honest truth. I don't like it because I nicked it from some character I read in a book when I was 14, and that isn't very inventive. Which bothers me, because I like things to be inventive an original.

Problem is I've had it for so long I can't discard it just like that.

What I'm asking is, do you like or dislike yours? Why?

Matrim
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:34   #2
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
i dislike mine because lots of people think i'm a woman. what's with that?
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:40   #3
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
i didn't have one when i regged this account, then i came up with 'zeriod' and i've stuck with it even though it sucks worse than 'matrim', i don't like people who constantly change aliases cos i can't keep up :/
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:41   #4
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
i don't like people who constantly change aliases cos i can't keep up :/

Another reason why I feel I can't change it. I'm trapped by the Internet.

Matrim
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:41   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Mine is quite crap as well , I had two cats, Silver and Smoke you see.. On irc etc I am mainly known as Silver. Which doesnt seem to be very original as well as you see silvers everywhere. Originally my nick was SilverStorm, my quake2 nick.

I like short nicks.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:44   #6
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
Another reason why I feel I can't change it. I'm trapped by the Internet.
but unless your a 'celeb' no-one will realise and won't complain cos they won't be like "dude where's matrim gone" all the time, so it won't be a problem because you're a tramp*

*lol no i'm just pulling your chain
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:51   #7
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Quote:
because you're a tramp

Dear gods! But do you mean that I am: a) a foot traveler; or b) a begging or thieving vagrant; or even c) a woman of loose morals? (i.e a prostitute)

Seriously though changing nicks isn't good because then you have to say like 'Hey I used to be "stupidnick" and now I'm "evenmorestupidnick!"' and nobody really thinks it's a good ida.

And no matter if you're celebrity or not you feel a kind of relation to your name, I should think.

That's me, all right.

Changing it is too drastic.

Matrim
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:51   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I have no problems with mine.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:51   #9
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
I like mine, its a word I made up.

When searching google for Kumnaa theres only 1 unrelated result.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:51   #10
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
I like mine because it's
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:53   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
mine is an acronym so it sucks
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:53   #12
mbushell

Quote:
Dear gods! But do you mean that I am: a) a foot traveler; or b) a begging or thieving vagrant; or even c) a woman of loose morals? (i.e a prostitute)
take your pick i don't really think my posts through

Quote:
And no matter if you're celebrity or not you feel a kind of relation to your name, I should think.
then why did you even make the thread if you're still humping your current nick, call yourself: matrim|insert-new-nick-here
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:56   #13
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Quote:

then why did you even make the thread if you're still humping your current nick, call yourself: matrim|insert-new-nick-here

Just looking to see if others also felt unsatisfied with their names.

It's sort of like group therapy, you see.

Matrim
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:57   #14
Arse Bloke
Poo

Arse Bloke is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine is vulgar
Arse Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:01   #15
mbushell

Quote:
It's sort of like group therapy, you see.
GROUP HUG, *ME PINCHES GRIMBLE'S ARSE*
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:11   #16
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
mine is an acronym so it sucks
no man, you sound like a drug
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:15   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
My real name begins with a "D" so I generally pick internet nicks which start with this also. It's just easier to interact with real-life acquaintances on IRC, etc (they can call me D if necessary).

I used to be "sb_dazz" (and I've had variations of this) but registered a forum account to post about my galaxy. I wanted Dante, but some bastard had already taken it. So I annoyed "Hicks" (of Fury fame) and called myself this.

I hope to revert to simply Dante in R10 if possible.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:16   #18
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
i like mine, it has no meaning whatsoever though. ive been using it for 4-5 years now i think.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:18   #19
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
my nick is my name

(think its a girl thing)
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:22   #20
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
i like mine, it has no meaning whatsoever though. ive been using it for 4-5 years now i think.

i thought it had something to do with a hiphopgroup named Wu Tang Clan

or are you just afraid of Deffeh ?
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:24   #21
mbushell

Quote:
Originally posted by madi
my nick is my name

(think its a girl thing)

mmmm girls....
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:43   #22
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
i thought it had something to do with a hiphopgroup named Wu Tang Clan

or are you just afraid of Deffeh ?
it has indeed, i was searching for a nickname to register on msn-gamingzone to play AoE and on my desk were to cds one of wu-tang-clan (im no fan of them, that cds sucked) and a cd-r made by trax-data.
well, wu_trax didnt sound all that bad so i tok it
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 12:44   #23
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Mine has an overly long history to it, but at the time I chose it there was almost no-one with the nick on the internet. Sadly I did not forsee DJ'ing being elevated into pop-culture like it is today, now every 14 year old and his gerbil is called DJ Something-or-other. I would ditch it if I hadn't wovern my nick into just about every corner of the internet that I use. Same goes for the tag at the end of each post, but that one is more on principal to spite those that want it removed (lo Embroglio ).

Quote:
Originally posted by madi
my nick is my name

(think its a girl thing)
yes but yours at least has a nickname kinda ring to it.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 13:02   #24
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I made this one up myself, and i was pretty satisfied, untill i found out there's another Snurx out there. And he's old. And, he's german.

Oh well, i guess you can't have everything
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 13:21   #25
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
I nicked mine from a cartoon I saw once!

Never seen it again.

It was ****.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 13:29   #26
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Mine fits on so many levels, I'll never change unless I go undercover of course
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 13:39   #27
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
When I first started using IRC and BBSes back in '97, everybody seemed to be called like "Satan" or "Slayer" or "DeathAngel", etc, etc.

I considered all these people to be socially retarded, and thus called myself "Mong", and took great pleasure in laughing at those who laughed at me.

However I hate it. When I sign a mail or something with "Mong." some people are like "why are you calling me a mong?!" etc.

But I tried to change my nick, and people told me not to

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 13:43   #28
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i made mine up when i was 12... i have kinda grown to like it more, even though it is indefensibly stupid.

some bastard on EFnet is using it all the time now though... which is annoying, AND someone else got it before me on yahoo.com

thats just not on.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 14:26   #29
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
id change if i could think of anything better. Two or three syllable nicks are generally the best. Ma-trim. Deep-flow. Nod-rog. Dan-te Hicks. wu-trax. I find it easier to keep track of everyone in my mind, not just pronounciation, but characteristics, background, posting style etc.

Although my nick may be ****, at least its recognisable, and not a mouthful, etc. Its a derivative of "Defiance", a nick ive used since i was 9 or 10 and played laserquest. I transferred it to the internet to play UT / Air Attack. (A couple of folk might remember "GDefiance" my first account sometime in early 2001 - the G stood for 'Guardians', the clan i flew with).

Taking this all into account i think its wise i changed to Deffeh - i made the change so long ago that peoples connotations of my posting have been allowed to alter.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 14:32   #30
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
hmm

i dislike the fact that people keep thinking i'm named after drugs (surely i would be Magic_Mushroom if that were so!). Oh, and people eating me and/or saying "there's not mushroom in here lolz", but i've kind of got used to that.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 14:44   #31
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by W
Mine fits on so many levels, I'll never change unless I go undercover of course
I must admit you probably have the best nick of anyone here, question is, what's it stand for? I'm taking a pot shot it may be related to your last name.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 15:00   #32
Hunter RAF

Hunter RAF is an unknown quantity at this point
i have several nicks

flyinfreeee (main one)- its a song i was listening to when signing up for my very first isp (AOL ) - the song was originally Flying Free... but AOL had most taken already, and suggested gay numbers at the end so i just kept adding E's.

Stalkeyromeo - my first game name, kept it and flirted with any female player, lol. sad, i was so young.

Stalkey stayed, romeo went.

Hunter RAF - RAF acroynm for Rebel alliance fighters, an alliancei was in, and i said id keep it in whichever game i go in so those alliance members can find me, if i am playing the same game as them. the entire alliance named themselves after RAF aeroplanes too, thus my handle was Hunter.

I like all of them.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 15:06   #33
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
main www/interhttpwebcom. nick - LCD - acronym fun for all the family.

Phang = random 'word-that-sounds-like-another-word'

I decided, as a GDer, that RP looked interesting SHUT UP. So, I thought, in case anyone from GD sees me, I'll reg another account, :ninja: style. And then I thought, hay, who cares, man.

Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 15:12   #34
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
I nicked mine from a book as well, although I changed the spelling slighlty cos I'm that original!

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 15:25   #35
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Mine is ace because it's a word with significance to me and is one letter off my favourite song! I win! Go me!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 15:49   #36
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
Oh, and people eating me
i like mine,but not the above. its annoying and not very funny.
(not his nick but what he said)
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 15:50   #37
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno where mine came from,I think my old account got banned or something like that, then one day I got something sent through to my email addy and it said this was my account, so I've used it ever since...
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 16:50   #38
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by insane_in_da_membrane
I dunno where mine came from,I think my old account got banned or something like that, then one day I got something sent through to my email addy and it said this was my account, so I've used it ever since...
i always thought you are some cypress hill fan or something.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 18:44   #39
Demonica
Professional Downer

Demonica is an unknown quantity at this point
my nickname is really old used it for 3 years. i don't go to the internet much since i'm always busy with work and school. it's Demonica. been having it, i used it for playing games online. i'm thinking of changing it since it's becoming more common. >.>
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 19:41   #40
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate my nick
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 19:53   #41
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i like my nick. it's short. it's sweet. it's not gender specific.
i thought i made it up but apparently it's been around before. (it's a character in a novel i'm writing) actually.. it's the short form of a character in my story. Aerynne... take out the e's and an n and voila! Aryn

my other nick is wyndstar. i thought i had made that one up too (oh come on i was 15) except it happened to be the year (or close to) when dodge started with the windstar things. anyway. i'm stuck with 'wyndstar' on undernet though i might try to change that to Aryn. i've managed to change everything else to Aryn now except for my emails.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 23:08   #42
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
My ruler and planet name from Round 3. Geniously gay.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 23:20   #43
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
because i'm substandard LOL
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 23:30   #44
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
<---- Ruler name from Round 2. Never used it since, apart from this account. I'd change it if I could.
My more common nick is a misspelling, that unfortunately stuck.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 23:55   #45
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
my nick is completly 100% original. i challenge anyone to find someone else called Demon Dave. it was born one afternoon when i was walking home from school and trying to think of a good nick that could be used on RP, i originally registered as Big Dave2 since there was already a Big Dave on the boards. really original i know
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 23:59   #46
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Something in Icewind Dale or Baldurs Gate, I forget. Anyway, had a Dwarf with no intelligence etc and full strength, and a battle axe. Called it MrBrick. Name stuck.

Though hairy, I am not particularly short, or stupid.

Well, I may be stupid, who knows.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 00:12   #47
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
It's ace, although I have used other variations. Most noticabley ive got rid of the underscore.
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 01:54   #48
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Red face

i dont usually go for nicks this long, not sure what possesed me to use this one
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 02:04   #49
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
i dont usually go for nicks this long, not sure what possesed me to use this one
Face it, you just did it to break the forums.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 02:25   #50
Scorpion-ice

Scorpion-ice is an unknown quantity at this point
When I was new to internet chat rooms, first name I could think of was 'ice', how original hey? after a few months I decided i hated the name and wanted to be called something else within the chat room, which at the time was hotelchat (now closed). I was a huge fan of Mortal Kombat and i chose the name Scorpion (One of my fav characters) but when I started using this name everyone still referred to me as 'ice' and my name kinda adapted from this, most my friends even refer to me as 'Scorpy' now instead of my real name, heh i've even been told I've had an old course lecturer call me Scorpy to my mates who was doing the Btec national in computer science when I told them the lecturers was teching bad programming when they showed me a program written in C++ using void main(). Thats how my name came about anyway, and to the question do i like or dislike? I've become attached to it on a basis that it is who i am, not something i can just ditch or change, and I quite like it.

Yes i guess i am sad then hey :P