User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Jun 2003, 23:02   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
why today has been the best day EVER!

the day started like any other typical monday.. was late for school so i couldn't make tea or even stop for coffee. then the day got better.
i got 49/50 and 59/60 on my two chapter tests on friday. and i was thinking DAMNIT!! I'M CURSED! I'LL NEVER GET 100%

then a classm8 argued an answer with the teacher.. and the teacher agreed that there were two right answers for the question. turns out it was one of the ones i had gotten wrong. HURRAY! 100% on a test

then i got hungry.. and since i was late i didn't pack a lunch. so i went over to the new Safeway (grocery store) cause they have a deli and sandwich bar. so i got a sandwich.. the poor girl obviously hasn't been trained right and didn't know what to do. she cut the bread too long so i got 8" instead of a 6".. ok cool :P
not only was she completely slow, but she didn't know how to work the cash register. so she calls over the deli manager.. who also didn't know how to use it. ffs what a bunch of dumbasses.

so then i had to go through the regular cashiers. i got into the shortest line.. but the cashier was so slow! finally it was my turn. as she's ringing through my sandwich and juice, i hear over the pa speakers that someone had won a $100. gift certificate. and i said 'wow.. that's cool.' the cashier agreed and swiped my safeways card (you can buy stuff cheaper and get points with it).. then suddenly the til started making these beeping noises, and she said 'oh! you won too!'

ACES!

i won a $100 gift certificate ok so i guess everything was worth the wait.

BUT WAIT! my day isn't over yet.
(cutting out a bunch of boring stuff..)

then when i got home from picking up my sister.. there was a message on the machine that said i got the job in the bakery department at safeways!! hurray !! (i had the interview yesterday)

so now i'm waiting for the guy to phone back (i phoned but he was busy) to find out when my orientation is.

BEST DAY EVER!

(ps i treated my sister and i to little tubs of hagen-dazs )
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 23:02   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
We have Safeway, damn you.

Lo.

Fs.

Aryn.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 23:09   #3
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
Are you stealing our supermarkets?!?!

We don't want your WalMarts and your 711's, maybe a Taco Bell would be nice. but leave us alone!
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 23:11   #4
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
uhm.. we've had safeways as long as i can remember.
but the local safeways just built a new building and moved in last week. it's all 'new' :P
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 23:14   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
congratulations aryn.... i love it when days like that happen

gives you a warm glow inside and makes you thankful you are still alive.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 23:16   #6
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

This is our safeways

This is your safeways

OMIGOD! I feel so cheap and used

I take it back... I wonder who stole who's Safeways'
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 23:17   #7
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
YOU GO GIRL!!

Congrats
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 23:19   #8
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Our Safeway's used to be like that.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 00:02   #9
Aryn
Happy

hurray! i just got the call to find out when my orientation is. first she asked if i could do it 8-12 tomorrow.. and i said 'well i have school 7:30-12:30' so she said 'how about after that.. at 1?' and i said ok. then she phoned back and said it wouldn't work.. 'how about wednesday.. what times can you do then?' and i said 'well i still have school.. '

so anyways.. my first shift is 1-5 on wednesday \o/
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 06:29   #10
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by JamMak
[IMG]I take it back... I wonder who stole who's Safeways'
Safeway was founded in Idaho.

You'll probably find that most of the companies located in both countries started on this side of the pond.
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 06:56   #11
Dreadnought

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
Safeway was founded in Idaho.

You'll probably find that most of the companies located in both countries started on this side of the pond.
Just like Burger King?

oh wait, thats british
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 08:18   #12
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought
oh wait, thats british
nope, founded in Miami, Florida.

BP is, however, british. "Go figure."
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 10:29   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
nope, founded in Miami, Florida.

BP is, however, british. "Go figure."
You mean British Petrolium?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 10:42   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
You mean British Petrolium?
I was wondering that myself... was it meant to be sarcasm, or was it just misinformation regarding the petrochemical industry?
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 13:46   #15
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
Can only find a UK safeways site,
Are you sure?
Maybe they're just hiding the fact they are American.
I know wollies has stores in the US. Was that founded in the US as well?

I feel betrayed.
http://www.safeway.com/
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 20:57   #16
Aryn
Happy

BP = boston pizza?
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 21:06   #17
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
British Petroleum

and Sainsbury's almost owns Safeways.

We invented sandwiches.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 21:48   #18
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: why today has been the best day EVER!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
so i got 8" instead of a 6".. ok cool :P
That's enough to make any girl smile
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 22:11   #19
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

sinnamon xie is an unknown quantity at this point
Yay Aryn, now you can take me out to dinner
sinnamon xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 23:49   #20
Aryn
Happy

AND i can even afford dessert!
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 23:53   #21
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
But then the Ducks lose.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 23:55   #22
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
Can only find a UK safeways site,
Are you sure?
Maybe they're just hiding the fact they are American.
I know wololies has stores in the US. Was that founded in the US as well?

I feel betrayed.
Well, the image i posted did say 'www.safeway.com' :\

But woolies is teh cool. They employ bums like me
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 00:07   #23
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
I've worked for safeway since i started college, i've just finished college (doing exams atm) and i'm still there (18months). welcome to the team, *cough*.

(i work in england though)
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 00:10   #24
Aryn
Happy

i wonder if after i work for a while if they'd transfer me to england..

prolly not :\
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 00:12   #25
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
i wonder if after i work for a while if they'd transfer me to england..

prolly not :\
Don't know. They appear to be seperate corporate entities.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 00:18   #26
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Don't know. They appear to be seperate corporate entities.
they're not. the english safeway was bought by some american company around the same time the logo changed over here. The american company changed their name to safeway. although it seems a bit strange they have interests abroad when they are struggling to make a profit here. (last 6 quarters have all shown a decrease in profits at my store while the main competitors have grown)
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 00:26   #27
Aryn
Happy

struggling to make profits there?
they're struggling to make profits here!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

no seriously.. they've closed a few stores around the province (BC) though i dunno how they're doing elsewhere.. we were shocked and amazed they bothered to build a new store here.
but i got a job so it's all good.