User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 May 2003, 18:38   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Leonardo di Caprio's best film is...?

Here's a tough one for you heh.

I think Catch Me If You Can is probably the one I like best that he stars in, not particularly due to his acting but because the script (and the story it's based on) is pretty good.

Unread 19 May 2003, 18:39   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
catch me if you can

even tho i haven't seen it yet (it's on the bottom of a big pile of unwatched divxs)
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:42   #3
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
he ruined catch me if you can, which i didn't like anyway.

Titanic, just don't go there.

The Beach, just don't go there.

The Man in the iron mask, just don't go there.

And as for the home alone series, well they should just be banned!
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:45   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
his performance as a metally disabled kid in What's Eating Gilbert Grape is fantastic. He really did show some true talent in this movie, just a shame Titanic cam along when it did as its probally ruined his career as hes gets the roles as the hartthrob as opposed to the challenging roles he can excel in
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:46   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
he ruined catch me if you can, which i didn't like anyway.

Titanic, just don't go there.

The Beach, just don't go there.

The Man in the iron mask, just don't go there.

And as for the home alone series, well they should just be banned!
He wasnt in Home alone, your thinking of Macaulay Culkin
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:49   #6
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
i don't know what home alone films you've seen buddy!
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:51   #7
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
LDC...best film...somehow the thought of those words in the same sentence makes me cringe.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:54   #8
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
his performance as a metally disabled kid in What's Eating Gilbert Grape is fantastic. He really did show some true talent in this movie, just a shame Titanic cam along when it did as its probally ruined his career as hes gets the roles as the hartthrob as opposed to the challenging roles he can excel in
was he in Gilbert Grape ??

I vaguely remember someone that may have been him
was he the kid with difficulties?
if so he was great in that
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:56   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
This boy's life

also starring DeNiro
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:57   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
He was pretty ok in The Basketball Diaries
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:58   #11
FatboySliM

FatboySliM is an unknown quantity at this point
catch me if you can or this boys life.. I prefered this first one more though..

worst ive seen him in is gangs of NY.. nice job totally ruining the film leo
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:59   #12
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
He played Arnie Grape in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?"
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 19:01   #13
Smirn0ff Ic3

Smirn0ff Ic3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I vote for either The Basketball diaries or The Quick and the Dead.
Smirn0ff Ic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 19:14   #14
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Romeo and Juliet!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 19:25   #15
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
I have only seen him in Titanic, and The Man in the Iron Mask.

Hmmm..... The Man in the Iron Mask it is then :|

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 19:32   #16
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
was he in Gilbert Grape ??

I vaguely remember someone that may have been him
was he the kid with difficulties?
if so he was great in that
Yep thats the one. I saw an interview with one of the stars (might have been Johnny Deep) who said that when he arrived on set to film a scene with him he actually thought they had hired a mentally challenged kid to play the role and was suprised to then find out it wasnt
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 May 2003, 19:43   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Basketball Diaries

Closely followed by Gangs of New York , which is absoloutely ****ing superb.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 19:51   #18
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It's strange to see opinion so divided on Gangs of New York.
It didn't really "work" for me. About half my mates didn't really like it either, the others thought it was pretty good.

Most of "the others" were women (not that I'm suggesting anything here kura ) - not sure if that's just chance or if it for some reason appeals to women more...
Unread 19 May 2003, 19:56   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
It's strange to see opinion so divided on Gangs of New York.
It didn't really "work" for me. About half my mates didn't really like it either, the others thought it was pretty good.

Most of "the others" were women (not that I'm suggesting anything here kura ) - not sure if that's just chance or if it for some reason appeals to women more...

Quite Honestly , i rarely see anything by Scorsese that i dont find absoloutely amazing. Day Lewis plays probably his most convincing character since My Left Foot , and Di Caprio excels. When i heard that he was playing an 1850's new york Thug in a Scorsese movie , my heart sank , but he pulled it out despite looking a bit foppish and weak once in a while.

A Scorsese movie is so much more about style than Substance. And the fact ive a couple of books on the background of this, with all the gang histories (most of the gangs in the book didnt actually work in New York at the same time. The Bowery Boys & the plug uglies worked the streets about 30 years apart) made it a truly excellent film for me.
Unread 19 May 2003, 20:01   #20
wakey
Hamster

I didnt really enjoy Gangs of New York. It was Martin Scorsese's pet project that he had been working on getting made for a while and you could tell. Such pet projects are often too self indulgent and the person whos pet project it is just isnt as objective as he should be when filming/cutting the movie (Kevin Costner did the same with Waterworld and Even george lucas was prone to it With episode1)

I also felt that some of the charachters were stepping over the line of being Caricatures, Daniel Day-Lewis in particular. I know he got rave reviews from alot of people but to me he over played the role and ruined my enjoyment
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 May 2003, 20:08   #21
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
I didnt really enjoy Gangs of New York. It was Martin Scorsese's pet project that he had been working on getting made for a while and you could tell. Such pet projects are often too self indulgent and the person whos pet project it is just isnt as objective as he should be when filming/cutting the movie (Kevin Costner did the same with Waterworld and Even george lucas was prone to it With episode1)

I also felt that some of the charachters were stepping over the line of being Caricatures, Daniel Day-Lewis in particular. I know he got rave reviews from alot of people but to me he over played the role and ruined my enjoyment

Personally , i feel he played it just right. Hes an actor i have a ton of time for. He gets the mood of pretty much every character just right, and he was brutal , whilst at the same time having a vulnerability that was needed. The old lion and the young lion, with the Old Lion not wanting to give up his throne.
Unread 19 May 2003, 20:21   #22
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Personally , i feel he played it just right. Hes an actor i have a ton of time for. He gets the mood of pretty much every character just right, and he was brutal , whilst at the same time having a vulnerability that was needed. The old lion and the young lion, with the Old Lion not wanting to give up his throne.
I do normally enjoy his roles and was expecting to enjoy this performance after hearing so many good things about it but I just found it painful to watch. Having said that if the film had been better perhaps it wouldnt have come across as annoying in the same way that some people found Hayden Christensen's performance in AOTC very poor but until I rewatched it with this in mind I hadnt noticed it as the film itself was very enjoyable which hid the poor acting
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 May 2003, 22:07   #23
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I enjoyed Basketball Diaries, showed that Leo can actually act, or could when he made the movie anyway. I haven't seen Who/What/Where/Why's Eating Gilbert Grape though.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 22:55   #24
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
catch me if you can, and the original story is excellent!
Unread 19 May 2003, 23:00   #25
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
in the beach he killed a shark!!!!!

*drool* *fapfap* *unfunf*
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote