User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 17:38   #1
selenyum
[EX] Nautonnier

selenyum is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink New sistem

why we don't have commun ships, them each race build a factory that give the specific ships and an legendary one (you can build one but it is all powerfull).
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 19:01   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: New sistem

why don't we have more posters who know how to make their point easier to understand and are also able to spell without too many technical/grammatical errors.

Tell me bloody why.
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 01:04   #3
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

we did have a common pod in the past, the Astropod. I dont like bringing more common ships back. I would prefer to increase the differences between the races instead and bring back proper zik stealing....
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 01:11   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i liked common ships, however they're difficult to balance with races i the game, for example if you gave cathaar emp ships and some decent damage dealing ships from a common tree then they'd be rather hard, likewise if you gave zik subverting ships and decent normal ships they'd be overpowered (oh, wait...)

your second idea sounds suspiciously like the fabled death star (paging wakey, wakey to the thread...). it's not done because it would bring very little to the game really. if they were good everyone would have one, otherwise noone would. they'd be hugely unbalancing in combat as they'd either die or not.

-mist
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 01:18   #5
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

the 1 power ship thing sounds rubbish. might as well just get huge numbers of wave distorters to stop anyone attacking you and be done with it....

Agree on the common ships been overpowered, however they would work if we had just 2 races again. Bring back war and science I say. Was much better back then
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 15:09   #6
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
Agree on the common ships been overpowered, however they would work if we had just 2 races again. Bring back war and science I say. Was much better back then
might have been better, but I doubt that was because there was less races.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:19   #7
selenyum
[EX] Nautonnier

selenyum is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
i liked common ships, however they're difficult to balance with races i the game, for example if you gave cathaar emp ships and some decent damage dealing ships from a common tree then they'd be rather hard, likewise if you gave zik subverting ships and decent normal ships they'd be overpowered (oh, wait...)

your second idea sounds suspiciously like the fabled death star (paging wakey, wakey to the thread...). it's not done because it would bring very little to the game really. if they were good everyone would have one, otherwise noone would. they'd be hugely unbalancing in combat as they'd either die or not.

-mist
that will lead everyone in a frenzy to get it, and allways a player had a choice between send it to atack or reserv it to defence.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:45   #8
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

this is a good thing how?

it'll always be used for attack btw, assuming it's not got a huge eta - in which case it'll always be used for defence

-mist
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 21:35   #9
Vencedor

Vencedor has a little shameless behaviour in the past

That would suck
If their was one ship that "randomly targeted" ... noone would bother to build anything but that ship and which ever ships target the class that this shp would be (most probably battleship)
that would just be crap0

2: Kane of Earth II 3: Caution of The Death Drop!
4: Gencore of Tyrian 5: Super Carrot of ^Tyrian^
6: Gencore of ^Tyrian II^ 7: Super Carrot of ^Tyrian II^
8: Caution of the Death Drop - From round 3 9b: SEE R3
9: Vencedor of todos 9.5: . = Kithal = . |_ ö v Ê r . of . Ë ¦ ÿ $ é . = Jadoor = .
10: Yalvon of Hunderi 11: Kithal of Jadoor
12: Vencedor of Todos 12 Speed#1: I cant think of a name for this rnd (rank 125)
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 16:11   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think its safe to say this won't be happening any time soon

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread