User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 13:06   #1
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough
Choose the structures you attack?

i think u can get ships that attack structures right?

if u can, u should be able to scan the planet for the buildings and then choose what target should be priority, maybe things like the heavy factories to stop em building bigger ships etc?

jus an idea... tell me if im wrong and its stupid!
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 20:38   #2
Elder
Silver winged Dragon

Elder is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Choose the structures you attack?

then we would concentrate all our fire on factories and ruin the planets porspect of ever recovering.. sounds like fun

Co-founder of Veneratio

#Veneratio
www.veneratiohq.org
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 20:56   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Choose the structures you attack?

Well I suppose it would be a good idea (just look at the structure killers thread for what i think)
If we could all just kill all Noobs factories so they cant build ships to defend themselves if they get a few more roids than they should do
Seems like an excellent idea actually, just give your self a pat on the back and think about all them lil planets who depend on there finance centres coz they keep getting roided constantly and now they also lose there mines and finance centres constantly.
Must make you like what do they call them again??? BULLY???

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 14:57   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think this deserves more discussion that it has got so far.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 15:23   #5
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Discuss] Choose the structures you attack?

It's interesting, but I think that if something like this were implemented then structure killing would get too powerfull. Maybe then the maximum amount of structures to destroy should be lower. If you kill all factories, you can seriously handicap someone.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 16:08   #6
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

maybe an option coulkd be incorporated to choose to attack EITHER random structures OR scan structures specifically, would leave us in general at the same situation as now (which to me is neer satisfactory) but would solve some problems mentioned in other threads about scan planets, distorters/amps. would give players a fair crack at the scan planets without resorting to cov ops (which most scanners are prepared for).

but to allow ppl to specifically target a particular structure, i.e a factory or a mine will just discourage newer players
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 19:49   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Choosing to attack some lil planets light factory is just down right evil no structure targeting please its annyoying to be there but its fine the way it is.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 23:27   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I think this deserves more discussion that it has got so far.
So why don't you contribute* something?

I think it'd open up some interesting possibilities, like taking out some guy's sec centers so that alliance covoppers could get through on him, hitting scanners to destroy their amps, etc.

* Thanks for taking an interest in this forum, btw. I think what you've done today is pretty cool and hope you or someone else from PAteam can keep following up on this.
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 00:00   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
maybe an option coulkd be incorporated to choose to attack EITHER random structures OR scan structures specifically, would leave us in general at the same situation as now (which to me is neer satisfactory) but would solve some problems mentioned in other threads about scan planets, distorters/amps. would give players a fair crack at the scan planets without resorting to cov ops (which most scanners are prepared for).

I quite like that idea

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Nov 2004, 00:53   #10
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Much along the same lines as the 'xp for structure killing' thread, I think you'd have to have salvage for constructions before you give incentives for people to destroy them more frequently.

There should also be a cap on the % of each type of structure you can destroy, so you don't totally obliterate a scanner's amps (example), but instead maybe 20% of them.

This is especially the case in a situation where you could focus all your siege ships on one type of structure.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 10:45   #11
selenyum
[EX] Nautonnier

selenyum is an unknown quantity at this point

No, atack as ramdom!
keep these feature as it are!
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 11:35   #12
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

As others have said that would be plain annoying as everyone would go for the factories. I can see where this might be an intresting thing in a big alliance war situation but seeing as an awful lot of players seem to like totally bashing considerable smaller planets using structure killers when on random raids it would be overall very annoying.

Perhaps as Barney suggested would work, targeting something that fairly critical BUT which doesnt cripple a planet but as Cochese said it needs a tougher cap on it if you choose to be more specific like this. Plus some salvage would be useful as replacing these buildings can be very expensive
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 12:26   #13
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I don't like the idea but I'll throw in a suggestion as per normal.

Structures should be grouped in a certain way so that structure killers may choose a specific grouping as part of the mission. For example:
Structure killers may choose between:
-Planetary Bombardment (Same as now, hit random everything)
-Specific target (Targets a grouping but with a much lower destruction rate to reflect them searching for target)

My suggestion for the groupings would be this:
Factories: Light, Medium and Heavy factories (would give a point to building multiple factories)
Mining: Metal, Crystal, Eonium mines and finance centres
Operations: Wave amps/distorters and security centres. (this would help reduce those annoying scan planets and also remove the amount of players with immunity. Both of which are detrimental to the game)

Essentially though, the ability to target specific building would lead to bullying and farming of planets which we all agree is bad. The same option could be given to fleets to target a specific ship type rather than say firing at fighters in general.

I'm not a fan, but there is something else to discuss.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 14:00   #14
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

I think one thing that may need to be changed first is the co-op structures.
Waves are split into amps and distorters, perhaps co-oping should be split into say agent training (a "kremlin" if you will) buildings and infiltration detection buildings.

I say this because I like Ferretus's idea of grouping and then impossing a penalty but that currently grouping waves with co-op is unfair as people tend to have far more waves and amps than they do anything else and it makes it disproportinatly harder to get at what you want to than say compared to mines or production. And by splitting them you provide a random element other than "hit security centres because it'll kill both" (you could say build a lot of agent training to cover your infiltration levels the same as you do with amps and distorters now to protect more important buildings like factories)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 20:30   #15
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I put those together as players will often have a disproportionately larger amount of those buildings meaning that if you select to target them the liklihood is that you will kill more of them. That was my reasoning behind it anyways.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 21:58   #16
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

How about structure killers can only fire if the opposing planets VALUE is lower than the target planets VALUE. This removes structure killers from there normal day to day operational value and instead puts them in the hands of the alliances where they can be used in the alliance wars. Then XP can be given for structure kills. As for the concern that this would allow scan planets to go unhurt my answer is hey they are scan planets use covert ops to hit them. Although they are harder to covert op no doubt perhaps make an Amp nullify .5 sec centers requiring them to have to have double the sec centers to receive the max bonus.

Just some random thoughts
:gollum:
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 15:28   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

strucutre killers = evil, we don;t want to make them more effective - declined

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Closed Thread