User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 20:42   #101
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Future Alliance System

what if instead of being able to payf ro reduced allianceless times as per wakey's premium system - instead the alliance you leave is not allowed to attack you for the 72 ticks. The reson i suggets this si that i doubt alliances would be willing to buy planets they wanted out of their alliances if they thought the alliance would selll em and then kill em.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 20:58   #102
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

What?

If I have this right you want to make people safe when jumping ship? This is an awful idea, as the alliance these people were in has every right to reclaim the roids they helped the jumper defend. It also might screw up gal attacks, as said planet could easily send def as they have no incoming, and theres many more reasons i cant be arsed to type.

Hardcoded things that reduce peoples targets is bad, mmmkay?

Edit: If your saying that planets which are paid for by attacked by the alliance which sold them, its still bad for some of the reasons mentioned above, but I have interpreted the post wrongly and apologise.
As an aside, i dont like the initial idea anyway. Shall post why after i've made dinner.

(with the exception of the bash limit ofc.)
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 21:04   #103
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veX
What?

If I have this right you want to make people safe when jumping ship? This is an awful idea, as the alliance these people were in has every right to reclaim the roids they helped the jumper defend. It also might screw up gal attacks, as said planet could easily send def as they have no incoming, and theres many more reasons i cant be arsed to type.

Hardcoded things that reduce peoples targets is bad, mmmkay?

Edit: If your saying that planets which are paid for by attacked by the alliance which sold them, its still bad for some of the reasons mentioned above, but I have interpreted the post wrongly and apologise.
As an aside, i dont like the initial idea anyway. Shall post why after i've made dinner.

(with the exception of the bash limit ofc.)

thats not what I meant - wakey's system makes it much harder to jump ships - to leave an alliance you need to pay - get someone else to pay (i.e. your new alliance) - or be kicked. I think that in the ideal world it should be the new alliance that has to pay, so they need an incentive - I don;t think that incentive should be a reduced allianceless time (so the planet they bought doens;t die) as that is to big an advantage - instead I think that the old alliance should not be allowed to attack them for thoose 72 ticks - after all they did just agree to let the planet go, so its a little harsh if they then roid the planet.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 22:04   #104
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Arbiter – members can check if they can attack targets
disagree with that one, leaves alliances too vulnerable to spies
What can be done imo, would be to designate access levels in the arby, which say which rank can actually check whether planets can be attacked,

just like the current alliance system whereby the HC can designate which "rank" can see what, in the future arbiter, the HC can determine which "rank" can actually have that kind of arby access..

At the current time, only alliance officers have arby acess. Also, we even have levels whereby some officers can only see certain data, and others can see more.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 22:09   #105
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jian_yee
disagree with that one, leaves alliances too vulnerable to spies
What can be done imo, would be to designate access levels in the arby, which say which rank can actually check whether planets can be attacked,

just like the current alliance system whereby the HC can designate which "rank" can see what, in the future arbiter, the HC can determine which "rank" can actually have that kind of arby access..

At the current time, only alliance officers have arby acess. Also, we even have levels whereby some officers can only see certain data, and others can see more.

you qouted the summary... thats just the purpose of the page, not its precise functionality. If you read the description you will see we plan to examine existing solutions and implement a comprehensive solution.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 22:41   #106
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

that's the reason i am posting, just giving some suggestions on how the arbiter access could be
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 22:42   #107
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jian_yee
that's the reason i am posting, just giving some suggestions on how the arbiter access could be
ok

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 19 Dec 2005, 22:46   #108
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

presumably, if an alliance was just paid for a player the leaving will be on good terms anyway, so they won't particuarly want to roid them?
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:10   #109
selenyum
[EX] Nautonnier

selenyum is an unknown quantity at this point

Iintel must be restrain to some members, o wouldn't like to have oficers and recruits knowing the same. but i doubt that any allaince will use it if that don't happen
Round 12: (CAT) 5:3:5 Battle Commander in [PT], member in coven, member in tides of fire; #1 covopper in universe, Scanner rank:840
Round 13: (ZIK) 4:3:1 Hc in [PT], member it Tides of Fire and in eXilition, #1 cov opper in universe, rank 139
Round 14: (CAT) (3:5:19) Member in NOS, Dc in Insomnia : Scanner; Dc in Reunion: Rank 415
Round 15: ((ZIK) (4:3:13) Member on Exilition
selenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 00:21   #110
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
presumably, if an alliance was just paid for a player the leaving will be on good terms anyway, so they won't particuarly want to roid them?
they could be really nasty and evil though - so I just see this as a little added protection with as far as I can see no down side. Also if the planet buys himself out it would be a bit sucky if his old alliance then roided him.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???