User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Oct 2004, 21:09   #1
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Research

Just a stab in the dark on this one quick lil idea that is maybe worth looking at for people who are'nt super active???

Would it be possible for a sort of Double research where someone could research 2 things at once(2 different areas) where they could sort of choose 2 things to research like mining upto 200 roids and (heavy cargo transfers) and also a jumpgate ( or any other catergory) were they would pick the 2 different things they would want to research but on picking 2 they would have to wait the full joint time of both researches (maybe minus an hour because of disadvantages?)
with the idea that a not very active player will be slightly more caught up with constant online players who have the time to play constant.

It wouldnt effect active ppl because they wouldnt choose the first option straight away because they want to get there roids initiated and bringing in the money asap and wanting everything else rolling in like ships soon there after that.

But i dont think less active ppl get to use all research for much of the time playing PA because they would Start heavy cargo transfers and then wouldnt log in for another day or 2 then would start something else etc.. etc..

This then leaves active players to rip there roids of them straight away as soon as out of protection while they are still researching light ships

Its just a rough idea and maybe needed improved on but I wouldnt say it was a really bad one.

Hope I get some response of this one least when you look at it tell me if it was a good idea or not.

p.s hello to you to vaio

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:16   #2
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts
Re: Research

I like the idea. would be interesting as it may well ork out at the start as better to do 2 things at once for a couple of ticks less than both together. would have to sit down with a large piece of paper to work it out.

Cm
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:24   #3
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I originally came here expecting to hate this but its not a bad idea. You are right that active players would still research individually, I know I would, but for others to catch up this would be really useful.

Can't see it happening though, but a nice suggestion.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 04:31   #4
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

researches don't finish every 2 hours, so even not so active players should be able to check their account every 10 hours...
Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 12:30   #5
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

This is just research/construction queuing(Sp) in a different form. I believe that idea of queing research has been shot down before on the basis that this is a game that should at least be played for 15 minutes once a day. If you cant bother to log into the game but once every 3-4 days then perhaps you should find a different type of game.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 23:20   #6
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

Quote:
I believe that idea of queing research has been shot down before on the basis that this is a game that should at least be played for 15 minutes once a day.
nah, esp at the beginning you have to time research/roids etc. very well and login every few hours. Every tick counts.

Without "queues" you will never get more than 1500 paying players to this game
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 12:22   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
If you cant bother to log into the game but once every 3-4 days then perhaps you should find a different type of game.
I tottally disagree with you on that one.
I could say a lot of ppl I know sometimes spend a few days away from planetarion not on it 7 days a week 24 hours a day.
Just coz one person is on 24 hours a day doesnt mean we all should be.
Remember big planets are big for a reason and so are small planets small for a reason.
Not everyone can get online 24 hours a day most ppl have to rely on internet cafes or there mates house or even getting that 20 minutes you been waiting for, for 2 days just because its planetarion and you have to play it
paid or not I will always try to play.

Unread 25 Oct 2004, 12:32   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

Remember that this isnt to make non actvie players massive and to take away 24 hour ppls chances of wining, if anything it will give the lil ppl better chance of getting a bit of a better score but they will still probably get the majority of the incoming because they cant be on 24 hours a day but at least they will get a small chance to defend themselves rather than non.
I still think though that anyone who can play any time they want when they want will not choose the option anyway just because they like to use things striaght away asap.
So dont get threatened by the idea if you are super active just look at it and think do i need to use it?

Unread 26 Oct 2004, 17:49   #9
selenyum
[EX] Nautonnier

selenyum is an unknown quantity at this point

decide between two antagonic reseach that you want is strategy, if you have all whitout choosing, it looses all the interest in this game, don't you think?
selenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 18:10   #10
noah02
The Original Terran

Whats that mean in english?

Unread 21 Nov 2004, 15:28   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think some kind fo queing if it comes with a penalty for both research and constructions might make the game more accessible, so keep discussing

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 15:58   #12
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Discuss] Research Queuing

The problem is, i believe that the penalty should be quite big. If its not it takes away ppl needing to be active (and this surely is a game for activity).

The problem occurs, that in making the penalty big, most ppl will be able to log on in that time, thus making it a redundent feature.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 18:58   #13
noah02
The Original Terran

Exclamation Re: [Discuss] Research Queuing

But then again would the penalty be that bad that ppl wont use it ?
I had problems loggin on at the begining of the game the most vital part so I quickly fell behind (Hospitals don't have internet and Nor did my course) Ppl would use it in dier emergencies.
I know you can go in vacation mode but when you a 100k player then you kinda dont care if you get incoming just yet just care about researching everything and if you end up in hospital like i did then 2 things researched at a time for a penalty would have been handy for me.
Only time I could get on was paying a £2 for half hour internet in a fiddly phone box
I have asked a few ppl online and they would use it so more good points please as well as bad
Its an idea so kinda perfect the idea then scrub it

Unread 21 Nov 2004, 19:12   #14
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I'd favor it, but it should cost resources.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 23:31   #15
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
I'd favor it, but it should cost resources.
Vote of support.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 00:01   #16
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

costing resources is an interesting idea? but how many?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Nov 2004, 00:48   #17
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

The cost should be based upon the research number within the tech tree perhaps, and determined by the length of the reasearch. Shorter reasearches would be cheaper than longer ones, while the later researches (jgp/fleet scanning, Seige Weapons, etc) would be more expensive.

Maybe 1k of each resource for every tick the research takes?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 00:49   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
The cost should be based upon the research number within the tech tree perhaps, and determined by the length of the reasearch. Shorter reasearches would be cheaper than longer ones, while the later researches (jgp/fleet scanning, Seige Weapons, etc) would be more expensive.

Maybe 1k of each resource for every tick the research takes?
that might make queing rather cheap for a big planet, thoguh at the same time the big planet is active so doesn;t need to queue

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Nov 2004, 00:54   #19
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: [Discuss] Research Queuing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
costing resources is an interesting idea? but how many?
I dunno; why don't you beta test some values?

A 20% 'queuing fee' would be my opening bid. Enough to make it painful, but hopefully still usable in select situations.

Another option would be to make queued researches take longer. Increase the research times by 10-20% for queued items.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 01:40   #20
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
A 20% 'queuing fee' would be my opening bid. Enough to make it painful, but hopefully still usable in select situations.
Research is free these days.
Quote:
Another option would be to make queued researches take longer. Increase the research times by 10-20% for queued items.
10% of short researches would be 0 in many cases. 20% of long researches would be a bit excessive.

In my opinion a fee based on how long in advance you queue them would be fair. This rewards activity without unfairly (imo) penalizing inactivity. An example would be 1000 of each resource per tick in advance you want to queue it. This also scales logically with the current free researches.
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 12:10   #21
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I personally think the additional research times scale fairly nicly. Yes on paper it hits the longer research alot and doenst hit the smaller ones that much BUT the smaller ones which are generally researched first are done at a time when its vital to hit every tick, even having a delay of just 1 tick throws you behind. As the game progresses hitting these perfect start times gets less important so seeing 10 ticks added on isnt any more damaging than at the start where matbe only 1 tick was added on (perhaps even less so)

Oh and on the fact most early ones would be zero, obviously youd have to have it so figures are rounded UP to the nearest whole number which would mean the lowest penalty would be 1 tick.

And when you add on both a resource and time penalty on construction it certainly hits home
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 20:05   #22
Borg
Proud NoSser

Borg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
But then again would the penalty be that bad that ppl wont use it ?
I had problems loggin on at the begining of the game the most vital part so I quickly fell behind (Hospitals don't have internet and Nor did my course) Ppl would use it in dier emergencies.
I know you can go in vacation mode but when you a 100k player then you kinda dont care if you get incoming just yet just care about researching everything and if you end up in hospital like i did then 2 things researched at a time for a penalty would have been handy for me.
Only time I could get on was paying a £2 for half hour internet in a fiddly phone box
I have asked a few ppl online and they would use it so more good points please as well as bad
Its an idea so kinda perfect the idea then scrub it

Like you I had problems myself, lost my inet for the 1st 4 days and hadda work thru a cybercafe so when my research finished at 2am...tough, aint no cybercafe open so you gotta wait till 9am and lose the 7 tix research time
I would gladly have paid a time premium (eg add 10% research time onto the research) or paid a fee from my resources to be able to order 2 the researches together, as it was I had to travel 15 miles to a cybercafe that was open till 10pm because my local closed at 6pm.
OK I could have done my researches in different order, doing the longer ones thru the night, but that would have thrown all plans of a semi decent start out the window as well, especially as I had no idea how long my inet was going to be down ( seems some stupid worker managed to trash a junction box while using a JCB to dig a section of road up and they had to wait for the road works to finish b4 they could repair the junction box under some health and safety rule)

I think this is something that would definatly be of use, even for those poor souls who have no inet access at work/school and so miss 8 or more tix each day

Proud to be NoS

My views are my personal views and are not a statement from NoS
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 21:32   #23
Karjeg
SiN

Karjeg is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the idea. But rather than researching two fields simultaneously, why not auto-start the second research, with maybe a tick or two delay... And possibly a 150% cost increase.. (numbers can be tweaked)
<Jeeves> --- 1.1 Centaur will kill 0.277037037037 Hornet
Karjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 05:42   #24
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karjeg
I like the idea. But rather than researching two fields simultaneously, why not auto-start the second research, with maybe a tick or two delay... And possibly a 150% cost increase.. (numbers can be tweaked)
The idea isn't to do them simultaneously, but to queue them so they autostart when the current research is finished.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 13:04   #25
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
The idea isn't to do them simultaneously, but to queue them so they autostart when the current research is finished.
CORRECT

But with the imposed resource charge or time fine or both

Unread 24 Nov 2004, 15:22   #26
KarnivOre
1337 m£47 3@70r

KarnivOre is an unknown quantity at this point

i personally find that half the fun of the game is at the beginning settin ur alarm to get that crucial research done. its fun that way.

also its fun to research hack people and imagine them groaning at 4am thinking "damn, 1 more hour"

research queuing make it no fun

unless u cud cov op someones research queue and mess it up...........

[ToF] spamming champ of the year award
KarnivOre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 15:35   #27
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarnivOre
i personally find that half the fun of the game is at the beginning settin ur alarm to get that crucial research done. its fun that way.

also its fun to research hack people and imagine them groaning at 4am thinking "damn, 1 more hour"

research queuing make it no fun

unless u cud cov op someones research queue and mess it up...........
Take it you Did'nt read through most of the comments.

Unread 24 Nov 2004, 22:31   #28
KarnivOre
1337 m£47 3@70r

KarnivOre is an unknown quantity at this point

actually i did, i know it helps n00bs and all and has its expenses n stuff.

fine, ill just shut up and agree.........

research queuing is an ok idea, ask the goblin, he knows :gollum:

[ToF] spamming champ of the year award
KarnivOre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 06:47   #29
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I would only like it if it were so expensive (or have so much time penalty) it would only be usefull if you login at most once a day. Not just to reduce a loss of 1 or 2 hours.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 23:57   #30
Karjeg
SiN

Karjeg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Would it be possible for a sort of Double research where someone could research 2 things at once(2 different areas) where they could sort of choose 2 things to research like mining upto 200 roids and (heavy cargo transfers) and also a jumpgate ( or any other catergory) were they would pick the 2 different things they would want to research but on picking 2 they would have to wait the full joint time of both researches (maybe minus an hour because of disadvantages?)
See the "research 2 things at once" there? To me, that means simultaneous. But I agree that the effect would be as if the second research auto-started.
<Jeeves> --- 1.1 Centaur will kill 0.277037037037 Hornet
Karjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 06:50   #31
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

or maybe accumulate research points where u earn lets say, 2 points a day (where one research costs 2 research points or selectively assign lower points on essential researches and higher points on advanced researches, can't think of people's priorities and game styles right now but i'm sure pa team can sit down and talk this over) - then when acct goes on idle for lets say 2 or 3 days, the account earns research points of let say 4 or 5 (still earning 2 points a day), so the next time a player logs on, he/she can start 2 researches at the same time (which will cost him 4 research points, or depending on how much points a certain field costs to research), then leaves him with 1 point - and it goes on and on and on...

or pre-plan researches.. looking and scheduling 4 researches into the future, like the missions page but in any way shape or form, there's gotta be a way to boost up a not-so-very active player's Pa acct

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh

Last edited by demiGOD; 26 Nov 2004 at 07:03.
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 14:15   #32
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karjeg
See the "research 2 things at once" there? To me, that means simultaneous. But I agree that the effect would be as if the second research auto-started.
Apologies then.

But I did Mean for them to both to finish lets say 2 12 hours to reaearch things would take say 28 hours or 30 hours.
Just Popped in my head but I see its starting to get more of an accurate idea with the more input put in

Unread 14 Mar 2005, 14:29   #33
noah02
The Original Terran

Sorry for bumping up the thread, but just seen peeps going on about the same genral idea and really wanting to push for it

Unread 14 Mar 2005, 16:06   #34
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Apologies then.

But I did Mean for them to both to finish lets say 2 12 hours to reaearch things would take say 28 hours or 30 hours.
Just Popped in my head but I see its starting to get more of an accurate idea with the more input put in
so would this mean you only get the benefit of the first research when both have finished, or in you above example, 19 or 20 ticks in?
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 16:14   #35
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Im against 2 researches at the same time
but queing can be handy

Just simply add 14 hours to the research time when u queed it.. and 5 hours to constructions.. for every queed research/construction

an active member should be able to check their planet within that time.. some peeps can check their plantes like every 10 hours.. and if ur gone for most of the day (or longer) u still have an advantage

so normal research + queed research (+14ticks) + qued research (+14ticks) etc..
so.. it can be really handy this way.. but still wont give u an advantage over active players

if ur gone for most of the day 1 que is handy.. but not more.. and if ur gone for longer then maybe more is handy especially with the +5 hours with constructions..!!
For the peeps that cba to divorse and leave their bed in the middle of the night for a construction..

sorry for the terrible english grammar in this post

Last edited by Alessio; 14 Mar 2005 at 17:07.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 16:56   #36
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i have no problem with the idea, but in all fairness, even non active players should be able to check it once a day? and u only get researches which take less than that right at the start of the game so it could just be a waste of spinners time??

[INS]Goafer
Goafer LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 17:04   #37
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goafer LX#
i have no problem with the idea, but in all fairness, even non active players should be able to check it once a day? and u only get researches which take less than that right at the start of the game so it could just be a waste of spinners time??
I dont see any reason why the extra times added to the research times should have anything to do with the actual research times.. its only to not have inactive people gettin things done faster then active people..

in theorie with a +5 time bonus with constructions even leet players cud find that handy..

and every1 should be able to logon after 10 ticks.. so.. if u can't, u get a 4 ticks penalty with researches.. I think thats reasonable..

and I think this should only be for peeps that can't logon more then once a day coz its normal to logon 2 or 3 times a day..
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 07:41   #38
Iceman
Take that

Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point

this isnt about inactivity its about not being @rsed getting up in the little hours of the morning to activate your next research... or like if you are going out on friday night and your reseach finishes at 9pm but your out till like 2 am...

i reckon you should be able to do 2 researches simultaneousley... at like 50 percent of the normal speed. eg if you want to do a 13 tick research and a 24 tick research then you can activate both at once, but you get the benefit of neither until 37 ticks (24+13) have passed. maybe add 1 tick on that as well for simple inefficency or bad distribution of your scientists
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 10:12   #39
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

how about exactly what jester said earlier.... 20% longer research time and 20% more expensive

however i wouldn't do queing for constructions.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 10:38   #40
Iceman
Take that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
how about exactly what jester said earlier.... 20% longer research time and 20% more expensive

however i wouldn't do queing for constructions
you contradicted yourself. 20 percent more expensive for researches would still be free and therefore only applies to constructions but then you say no queing for constructions... clap clap well thought out...

noone would use it if it was 20 percent more... that makes two 48 tick researches 115 ticks long... slowing your research by 19 ticks... and im pretty sure that wouldnt save anyone any time at all....
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 11:12   #41
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

ermm lol true, but as the post said in the last part. "HOWEVER i wouldn't do cons.."

but 20% 25% is good... and if you put it in cue for more then 10 hours in advance maybe another 5%

Last edited by cypher; 21 Mar 2005 at 11:21.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 17:21   #42
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

this thread's deja' vu, r12 and coffee at 3am

I like research cueing idea - 2 maybe, 3 might be too much.. some sort of cueing is good

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 17:40   #43
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

Make research queuing progressively expensive to do like construction. Say 5K each res to queue any first level research any second level is 10K each to queue a d so on.

Also you could limit the queue period so that a research could only be queued say 4-8 hours in advance. Maybe 12.

But all i all I klike the idea.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 22:21   #44
Iceman
Take that

there is no question to how much you should be able to que at max... its obvious, 2. more than that would just be cheesy and insane
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 20:58   #45
noah02
The Original Terran

Anychance of a decline/approval?