Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 23:29   #1
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Who here plays kingdom of loathing?

www.kingdomofloathing.com

It's a sorta beta going into a reset soon but I ain't advertising.

Anyways as far as html games go this has to be the best one out there imo.

It wins with things like the Haiku dungeon and the limerick dungeon.

I'm a lvl 4 ermine thumper if anyone wants to know.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 23:31   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Who here plays kingdom of loathing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
I'm a lvl 4 ermine thumper if anyone wants to know.
I don't think anyone wants to know what you thump.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 23:33   #3
Sunday8pm
Banned

Heh

One adventure I ran into some Knob Goblin children who wanted a tug of war

So I took my rope and I tugged and tugged and tugged some more! until I was all tuggered out.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 23:39   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it's pretty good but it gets old quick. i spent a few months on it way back when
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 23:46   #5
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I signed up and it won't let me log in (bad password). Requested and received another, tried that too, still bad password. Not confused about activation and 99% sure I'm doing nothing wrong
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 00:29   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

Make sure your password has number in it as well as letters.

Case sensitive, when you get the e-mail get the activation code.

Login in normally then it'll take you to another screen where you have to enter all of it again plus the activation code.

Otherwise host some screenies of your problem please.

Phang, they are about to go for reset apparrently and they've also added tonnes new stuff lately etc etc etc would appreciate your input on if it's changed much if you can be bothered (and if for the better at that).
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 00:49   #7
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm a 'tard, was using - instead of _ (though that was in the username, not the password so they confused me with the wrong error info)

it works now, thanks for the help offer anyway
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 01:10   #8
Sunday8pm
Banned

Don't waste the knob firecrackers/razor tin lids/spiders webs is the best advice I can give you.

Eat and drink anything you can :P

Stick to either the Sleazy Alley/Haunted Pantry/Outside of Cobb's Knob's hole if you can for the first few levels.

I might send you some meat to help later :P
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 03:17   #9
1-X
overtired

nearly a month later...

why is no-one else playing this? I waste an hour a day there lately. There were times when it got samey but then you gain a level and there's usually something new. I opened a shop today, made 700k meat in a few hours just by robbing the clan stash and selling it \o/
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 05:39   #10
Sunday8pm
Banned

hehe, I stopped playing after the whole bugmeat episode.

It was very interesting then and like well fun but uhm I ended up putting so much time into playing it well I was taking time out of other things I didn't want too.

It was a case of it was getting a bit like PA :P
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 10:47   #11
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Phang persuaded me to sign up for this once. It played it for about ten minutes then got bored
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 13:26   #12
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

I think I'll stick with Star Wars Galaxies and will remain a beta tester for SWG: Jump to Lightspeed (space expansion)
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 13:52   #13
No Dachi

I tried SWG but I didn't like it. I had all these crazy ideas about how cool it would be to be a bounty hunter and stuff and then I get into the game and all I can do is shoot rabbits.

Unread 26 Aug 2004, 13:56   #14
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm

It's a sorta beta going into a reset soon but I ain't advertising.
Then what do you call this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday8pm
Anyways as far as html games go this has to be the best one out there imo.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 16:16   #15
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
I tried SWG but I didn't like it. I had all these crazy ideas about how cool it would be to be a bounty hunter and stuff and then I get into the game and all I can do is shoot rabbits.
All too true. The missions are all bland and overly repetitive, somewhat more than literally in the cases where you can do identical missions over and over again. It lacks any real points of accomplishment and takes far too long to get past the early/middle profession level thingies. The big storyline missions were a nice idea, but since you can't really take part in any of them without being highish levels in the combat professions there wasn't much point.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 17:43   #16
shadow_spy
The Caffienated One.

shadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really nice

What happens after you run out of adventures
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 17:47   #17
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritely Zombie
All too true. The missions are all bland and overly repetitive, somewhat more than literally in the cases where you can do identical missions over and over again. It lacks any real points of accomplishment and takes far too long to get past the early/middle profession level thingies. The big storyline missions were a nice idea, but since you can't really take part in any of them without being highish levels in the combat professions there wasn't much point.
It looked like it might have been interesting if I got involved in it and joined a clan or whatever they're called in SWG and started taking part in the whole higher political thing, but as you say, in the free trial it was just Everquest (note that while I have never actually played Everquest, I have some idea of what it plays like) with lasers.

Closed Thread