User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 20:00   #1
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
PCI IRQ conflict

OK, so I've just installed 4 USB ports, and I've been trying for fricking ages to get them to work. For some reason my computer insists on assigning them the same IRQ number as my network card. I'm using Win98.

I've got free IRQ numbers, and I've tried to change the IRQ for either the card or the USBs, but I can't - in control panel it simply won't let me alter them, even when I disable automatic settings, and in BIOS all I get is the option to change the order the IRQ numbers are assigned.

Anyone got an bright ideas? Presumably there must BE a way to manually select individual devices IRQ numbers, but how do I do it?
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote