User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 Sep 2005, 16:35   #1
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Doom Movie

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/doom/

We all know its had a long shady history of being picked up more times than a hooker, and now it's finally coming to light.

Like a lot of game conversions one can't help get the feeling it'll probably turn out to be crap, but it might well also just be a good movie to switch off and enjoy the action for a while, I doubt it'll be anything near blockbuster though.

All that aside I couldn't help but 'lol' at their use of the game's first person perspective for some scenes, could make it interesting but could just be a gimmick that wears off quickly.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 14:24   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Doom Movie

It'll be mediocre at best.

I remember the disapointment which was the Super Mario Bros. movie!
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 14:44   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Doom Movie

I saw the trailer at the cinema when I went to see The Skeleton Key.

I was not very much impressed.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 15:16   #4
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

its going to be some extremly dumb, turn-your-brain-off action movie. ill probably go and watch it and then complain here about how much it sucked.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 15:29   #5
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Whenever I see 'Doom Movie' I think MF DOOM, and it's not that. Damn you all.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 15:49   #6
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Looks like it's going to be shit. Probably some spineless producers, writers, and director made the film and never once played the game (before being assigned the movie).

Edit: Although you can't go wrong with The Rock. <3
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 15:59   #7
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

From that it looks like a shit film that's ripped off Alien 2.
Now they could be using that whole 'hell' thing but it doesn't seem like it. So they have The Rock (Dwyane) and a bunch of soldiers running around killing alien/hell spawn type creatures. Probably will be as shit as Doom 3.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 23:48   #8
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I bet they all typed in IDKFA so they had unlimited amounts of ammo for the mission too.

Amateurs
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 11:00   #9
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Suckier then a Colossus Squid tentacle?

The sound FX seem very familiar, i'm sure i heard a Predator in there. The lift sound is from another film/game but i can't place it, Doom the game? Alien? The blue blob fired from the gun doesn't look very realistic, I don't think I will be going out of my way to see this.
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 11:26   #10
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
I bet they all typed in IDKFA so they had unlimited amounts of ammo for the mission too.

Amateurs
IDDQD

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 12:34   #11
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Suckier then a Colossus Squid tentacle?

The sound FX seem very familiar, i'm sure i heard a Predator in there. The lift sound is from another film/game but i can't place it, Doom the game? Alien? The blue blob fired from the gun doesn't look very realistic, I don't think I will be going out of my way to see this.
I don't think it's the lift sound used in Doom the game, that one is slightly different, but it has been used in just about every sci-fi film & game known to man.

I believe the reason for this is because just about every director and his sound lacky use sounds from http://www.hollywoodedge.com/ who have been providing sound effects for hollywood movies for a long long time.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 15:17   #12
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I don't think it's the lift sound used in Doom the game, that one is slightly different, but it has been used in just about every sci-fi film & game known to man.

I believe the reason for this is because just about every director and his sound lacky use sounds from http://www.hollywoodedge.com/ who have been providing sound effects for hollywood movies for a long long time.
They must provide the Goldeneye siren/alarm, that gets used far too often. You would think with the multi million pound budgets of todays films they could produce some original sound effects.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 15:20   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
They must provide the Goldeneye siren/alarm, that gets used far too often. You would think with the multi million pound budgets of todays films they could produce some original sound effects.
to be honest they don't even need to do that,

I once made a half life mod to randomise the pitch of the scientists voices (amongst other random changes, slightly different skins for models so not all the scientists/soldiers looked the same etc), and it was great. I don't see why more developers don't put in little random things like that, it's easy to do and gives a better experience.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 15:29   #14
PSH
Registered Abuser

So long as I don't recognise it from something else it is fine by me, I often miss a good chunk of movie because i'm trying to figure out where I have heard or seen something before and if I can place it immediately my mind is on that movie/game and not what I am supposed to be watching.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 17:05   #15
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
IDDQD
IDFA (idclip when the keys were necessary) :cooler:
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 17:40   #16
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You can't do the old codes in Doom 3.

It's all Ctrl+Alt+~ and god or give all or noclip.

So there
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 21:50   #17
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
You can't do the old codes in Doom 3.

It's all Ctrl+Alt+~ and god or give all or noclip.

So there
Actaully, if you type in an old code without hitting enter, it'll say:

"Your memory serves you well."

Ofcourse it won't actaully do anything :P

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote