User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Mar 2006, 21:33   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Action buffs: two interesting looking movies out in the UK this year

The more unconventional one first:
V for Vendetta [ trailer ]
Set in "near future" facist Britain, and produced by both Wachowski's (The Matrix). Hmm, different - will be fun to see how that turns out. Note the reference to a certain firework related event too...

And the other one:
The Sentinel [ trailer ]
Not much info about this one yet. It looks to be fairly standard action "omgs conspiracy!" stuff, but Kiefer Sutherland is in a leading role (and not as the obvious good guy either) which has my interest. This does mean I'll have to fight thinking of him as Jack Bauer though.
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 21:43   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Action buffs: two interesting looking movies out in the UK this year

I wouldn't call V For Vendetta an action movie, or rather the source material is an extremely wordy without stupid crap like slow motion knives.

I don't think the Wachowskis really know what's going on, if what Moore said about their adaptation is to be believed.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 21:58   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Underworld : Evolution
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 22:21   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
words
Having not read the source myself, I can't comment on that aspect. As a movie in it's own right it looks to be interesting, and the trailer at least makes it appear to be action based.

Last edited by meglamaniac; 1 Mar 2006 at 23:12.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 22:58   #5
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Underworld : Evolution
While being better than the first film, I didnt think it was all that great, it was an enjoyable 90 minutes or so though.

I'm still holding out for X-Men 3.

Edit: On the original topic, V for Vendetta does indeed look cool. Before seeing the trailer, i thought (hoped) it was a film about the series which had lizard aliens wearing human skin suits taking over the world.
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 23:13   #6
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
While being better than the first film, I didnt think it was all that great, it was an enjoyable 90 minutes or so though.

I'm still holding out for X-Men 3.
It was ****ing awful. It ranks at the moment as the worst film that I have ever seen and I saw the Hulk.
The plot was absurd at best irreconcilably irrational at worst. the acting made my eyes bleed. the dialogue had a similar effect.

kate b in leather was it's only redeeming feature but i could have looked at pictures for that.

I too hold out hope for X3
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 23:16   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

for those that havent, i thoroughly reccoment actually reading V for Vendetta before you see the film, and, also watchmen by alan moore, bloody good books.
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 23:20   #8
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The original was a really good film that i've watched numerous times and always enjoyed.

I don't envision myself ever watching the sequel again unless my entire family are held at gunpoint by the crazed script writer who wrote that utter piece of shit.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 23:24   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
for those that havent, i thoroughly reccoment actually reading V for Vendetta before you see the film
That way, you can burst into tears of disappointment when you watch the movie.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 23:25   #10
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Speaking of Jack Bauer.... megla you cock

I used to watch Phone booth to fall asleep too. Not because its a particularly good film or because i love any of the charachters just that id seen it so many times it wasnt intrusive on my conciounceness.

You told me when you saw it you couldnt get Jack Bauer out your head. I had not seen 24 so thought 'haha you = lose'. His voice in phone booth is immense (Athlough his voice is ace anyways).

I tried watching it last night.

I hate you for ever introducing me to 24 as ive lost 48 hours of my life (so far) and now i cant watch phone booth because it just sounds plain wrong.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 01:10   #11
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Maybe try thinking of him as Jack's evil identical twin brother, who was so nasty he inspired Jack to be the indestructable force of angry righteousness that he is!
Or something.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 12:08   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
It was ****ing awful. It ranks at the moment as the worst film that I have ever seen and I saw the Hulk.
The plot was absurd at best irreconcilably irrational at worst. the acting made my eyes bleed. the dialogue had a similar effect.

kate b in leather was it's only redeeming feature but i could have looked at pictures for that.
Youre saying that any movie featuring Kate B in the most amazing outfits known to man is ... poor?

Of course its a bit Hokum, Bill Nighy was never the most convincing evil vampire lord in the world, and a cast which was all a bit luvvy wasnt going to convince anyone the world was being stalked by evil groups of vampires and werewolves.

However, it was well acted and a modern, gothic reinterpretation of Romeo and Juliet. The sequel was always going to struggle as they had to write their own script from scratch, and as we all know, Hollywood struggles a lot nowadays when they dont have a historic template to work from.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:03   #13
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Talking about vampire flicks; I recommend Night Watch 1 and Night Watch.. russian movies.

In fact, I really recommend mos the russian action flicks (with subtitles), as they're kinda polished, but still really raw, gritty and semi-realistic.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 15:24   #14
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
I recommend Night Watch 1 and Night Watch 2...
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 16:09   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Bill Nighy
Nighy was by far the best bit, and that's saying something as his turn isn't particularly encouraging.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 16:35   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Nighy was by far the best bit, and that's saying something as his turn isn't particularly encouraging.
Nighy is absoloutely woeful as a bad guy, he doesnt come off well at all in this.

He wasnt all that menacing in the first one.
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 20:05   #17
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

V for Vendetta has Stephen Fry in it...

You say taught action thriller...you don't think Stephen Fry really do you?

What exactly is he going to do? Boggle the evil opressors with some clever play on words, then mince up and slap them to death?
IncubusGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 20:14   #18
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
What exactly is he going to do? Boggle the evil opressors with some clever play on words, then mince up and slap them to death?
Hey!
No spoilers!
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 01:05   #19
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I just got back from watching V for vendetta, I have to say it was a cracking film and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Although the girl I was with did start crying, im not sure why though.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 01:06   #20
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I just got back from watching V for vendetta, I have to say it was a cracking film and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Although the girl I was with did start crying, im not sure why though.
no means no piglet.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 01:13   #21
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

Clint Eastwood is directing two seperate war movies, both about the Battle for Iwo Jima, Pacific theatre, WWII. One is a tale of the Americans invading Iwo Jima, the second is a take of the Japanese defending Iwo Jima.

How freakin' cool is that?

Red Sun, Black Sand
Flags of our Fathers

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 01:36   #22
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I saw V last weekend. The permise was not well explained and was wildly improbable. How he was able to pull off his shit was never properly explained. Guy fu**ing Fawlkes? Who gives a shit. The only positive thing I can say for the film is that I got in for "senior citizen" prices. I lied about my age, though only slightly.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 01:45   #23
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It was 2 for 1 in the UK so cost me a fiver as oppose to a tenner (yes im a gentleman so I pay for her, but i also come from birmingham so I take her when its bogof)
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 05:31   #24
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Edit: On the original topic, V for Vendetta does indeed look cool. Before seeing the trailer, i thought (hoped) it was a film about the series which had lizard aliens wearing human skin suits taking over the world.
So did I actually, yay for dodgy sci-fi \o/
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 05:49   #25
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion
Clint Eastwood is directing two seperate war movies, both about the Battle for Iwo Jima, Pacific theatre, WWII. One is a tale of the Americans invading Iwo Jima, the second is a take of the Japanese defending Iwo Jima.

Red Sun, Black Sand
Flags of our Fathers
That does sound pretty ace. Though I am completely ignorant of the battle in the first place.
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 09:21   #26
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion

Red Sun, Black Sand
Flags of our Fathers
is it a sort of twinned movie (i.e. you might see characters running around and shooting or whatever in one movie, and playinga more main role in the other) or are they totally separate? There was a play/two plays in london if I recall written by Alan Ayckbourn, that worked on this principle. one theatre was the house, and the other the garden (they were back to back), and the actors used to wander between the two sets acting out their parts.

I notice Paul Haggis wrote the screenplays to both so that makes it possible, although flags is based on a book..... so I am not too sure.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 19:40   #27
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

One of the men who used to work here but has since retired, was a 16-year old Marine who took part in the invasion of Iwo Jima. He didn't find it a very entertaining segment of his life.
Unread 24 Mar 2006, 08:33   #28
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
One of the men who used to work here but has since retired, was a 16-year old Marine who took part in the invasion of Iwo Jima. He didn't find it a very entertaining segment of his life.
he was on the wrong side of the camera.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 00:00   #29
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Just got around to seeing V for Vendetta.
I don't care about the improbabilities of what V can do, as it's based on a comic etc. What does piss me off is the way, right near the end of the film, they suddenly realised "oh shit we haven't had a snog yet - quick, let's ruin the integrity of the film by shoving in a quick scene between the leads which serves no purpose".
That, and that a guy who is supposedly British said "levver". It's lever fs!

Other than that it was quite cool.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 21:03   #30
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Because at the end the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben were blown up! I didn't like watching that at all

I saw it last night.

The american influences were inescapable I suppose, from the little "Oh here's a reminder about what the 5 November means we'll just tell you the brief story of Guy Fawkes" right up to the way all the English people seemed to say "bollocks!" as their second word. Apparently it's what we all do. Nathalie Portman's accent was a bit laughable too.

I was pleasantly impressed with this film. When I saw the Wachowskis were doing it a little bit of me died inside, as I thought they'd butcher the comic.

They did a very nice transition though. The original V for Vendetta comic was based around Thatcher-era (V for Victory etc) and was a dark extrapolation into what might become. The Wachowskis took the base ideas (terrorism, lack of personal identity) and updated them to our time. It still maintained some of the dated ideas, but kept modern technology also.

Having Stephen Fry in it is too.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 21:33   #31
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I saw V last weekend. The permise was not well explained and was wildly improbable. How he was able to pull off his shit was never properly explained. Guy fu**ing Fawlkes? Who gives a shit. The only positive thing I can say for the film is that I got in for "senior citizen" prices. I lied about my age, though only slightly.

http://www.geocities.com/simpsonshq2...pastartled.JPG
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 21:38   #32
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Either your friend lied or the stupid idiot deserved what he got for faking his age.
milo is offline   Reply With Quote