User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 11:27   #1
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
how many people....

Intend to set a date to get married this year?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 11:28   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: how many people....

I would like to but chances are low that it will happen this year
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 11:31   #3
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

i arranged last night - just wondering if anyone else planned too
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 11:41   #4
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

well congrats to you then! may you and your future wife have many babies :-)
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 12:00   #5
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

congrats

i will only arrange a date for marriage if said woman is incredibly rich

and hot
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 13:47   #6
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i am going to finally get around to a divorce
we have been seperated longer than we were together now
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 19:58   #7
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Once I finally inform my parents and get an idea of budget (I'm hoping they will chip in something) and hear back from a few possible venues then I will finally decide if I want it in summer or winter. Once I've got that the actual day just depends on convenience and whats available. I hope to get it set quite soon.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 20:27   #8
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

i used to think that i'd get married when i was 23.. i've got 9 months left... nope.. i won't be getting married this year :\
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 20:35   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

thats what you get if you dont swaoh shit i typed out loud again.

No, i doubt it. "leave the house" would be a more realistic target

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 21:04   #10
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

May set a date if Immigration proves a bitch.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 21:07   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
No, i doubt it. "leave the house" would be a more realistic target
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 21:08   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebany
Once I finally inform my parents and get an idea of budget (I'm hoping they will chip in something) and hear back from a few possible venues then I will finally decide if I want it in summer or winter. Once I've got that the actual day just depends on convenience and whats available. I hope to get it set quite soon.
Im sure Mark is delighted by this turn of events, though im sure for you it must seem awfully familiar ......
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 21:09   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Im sure Mark is delighted by this turn of events, though im sure for you it must seem awfully familiar ......
Girls don't like boys, Girls like cars and money.....

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 21:10   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Im sure Mark is delighted by this turn of events
is what I say.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 21:19   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Girls don't like boys, Girls like cars and money.....
Some things hurt more, much more than Cars and Girls .....
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 21:32   #16
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Some things hurt more, much more than Cars and Girls .....
(Prefab sprout?)

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 21:34   #17
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

just think.. it could have been me marrying mark this year...

(i meant that as a serious reply but i can't stop giggling... it's 1pm.. i'm off for lunch )
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 22:51   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
(Prefab sprout?)
Hot Dog
Jumping Frog
Al-Ba-Querque
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:00   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're hillarious duder.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:01   #20
Aryn
Happy

hmm
i think i know what paul's talking about
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:03   #21
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
hmm
i think i know what paul's talking about
Awww but come on you opened the can duder

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:04   #22
Aryn
Happy

no i didn't
anyway.. stop the spamming this lovely thread..
so we want to know.. who else is getting hitched this year?
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:12   #23
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

hey girls don't worry i'm not getting married yet.
still single
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:13   #24
Aryn
Happy

single? you? i thought you had girls all over you?
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:14   #25
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
though im sure for you it must seem awfully familiar ......
Not really as it was always a bit abstract before, and while I did on occasion while away a bit of time randomly looking at stuff, this time I'm actually really doing things about it. (Contacted a number of places for reception, emailed the chaplain at Christs College chapel - he sounds dead keen on the idea, I dont think he gets to do many weddings - looked into catering and invites and things, and of course, been browsing for dresses). Given the earliest date I'm considering is August 2005, I'm giving myself plenty of planning time.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:20   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Not really as it was always a bit abstract before, and while I did on occasion while away a bit of time randomly looking at stuff, this time I'm actually really doing things about it. (Contacted a number of places for reception, emailed the chaplain at Christs College chapel - he sounds dead keen on the idea, I dont think he gets to do many weddings - looked into catering and invites and things, and of course, been browsing for dresses). Given the earliest date I'm considering is August 2005, I'm giving myself plenty of planning time.
So like, when you said yes last time, you didnt really mean it, first love or something, spur of the moment, you know, agreeing to spend the rest of your life with someone .....

I mean, not that i take things like that lightly, but hey, some people do.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:24   #27
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
single? you? i thought you had girls all over you?

only canadian girls
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:24   #28
Aryn
Happy

oh wait.. that's american :\
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:26   #29
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So like, when you said yes last time, you didnt really mean it, first love or something, spur of the moment, you know, agreeing to spend the rest of your life with someone .....

When I was young I told everyone I was going to be a fireman when I grew up; things change.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:28   #30
Aryn
Happy

marriage is a tad more important than a childhood fantasy
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:31   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
When I was young I told everyone I was going to be a fireman when I grew up; things change.
I dont recall you telling people you wanted to be a fireman when you were 18 Nod. I certainly dont recall seeing you mention Fireman related things on here or when ive met you.

I do recall Xee_Thot having a whole Penis/Fireman thing going which was very funny.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:31   #32
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
marriage is a tad more important than a childhood fantasy
Not in terms of the relevant factors. Any statement of the form "I promise to do X for the rest of my life" is likely to be revised at a future date, as the person involved grows/matures/changes. There are very few circumstances under which a person can reasonably predict how they are going to feel in over 5 years time.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:32   #33
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Quote:

It wasnt that it wasnt taken seriously at the time, but we were both at uni and we had no money and it was a plan for sometime in the future that never got round to happening. We grew apart and that was it. Maybe if we had been married we would have worked at it harder, but theres not much point going over the maybes.

Hell, if we went into every relationship expecting them to end then why would we bother. Surely in any long term relationship you think you will be together forever. Or at least I do. Its not like I'm sat here thinking 'hmmmm, I reckon this one os going to make it to...oooh....7 and a half years'. I love Mark (much as I sometimes think I'm mad because of it) and surely thats the best reason there is to get married.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:33   #34
Nodrog

Quote:
I dont recall you telling people you wanted to be a fireman at 18[/b]
I wanted to work as a computer programmer, if that helps.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:35   #35
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Not in terms of the relevant factors. Any statement of the form "I promise to do X for the rest of my life" is likely to be revised at a future date, as the person involved grows/matures/changes. There are very few circumstances under which a person can reasonably predict how they are going to feel in over 5 years time.
Someone still hurts. I think that's the message here boys and girls.

Tbh isn't marriage just litigation to make you legally responsible for each other ?

Can't you be happy together without the whole bells and dresses thing?

It's not like society exactly frowns on things and it's not like you can't make a will. I mean I guess the only complication is kids and then, yah sure get married.

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:37   #36
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
It wasnt that it wasnt taken seriously at the time, but we were both at uni and we had no money and it was a plan for sometime in the future that never got round to happening. We grew apart and that was it. Maybe if we had been married we would have worked at it harder, but theres not much point going over the maybes.

Hell, if we went into every relationship expecting them to end then why would we bother. Surely in any long term relationship you think you will be together forever. Or at least I do. Its not like I'm sat here thinking 'hmmmm, I reckon this one os going to make it to...oooh....7 and a half years'. I love Mark (much as I sometimes think I'm mad because of it) and surely thats the best reason there is to get married.
The best reason to get married is when you are going to produce offspring or if you are trying to emigrate to either partner's home nation should you be from different nations.

Other than that, no there isn't a best reason to get married if it's not those two, it just leaves you both horribly legally tangled for when it doesn't work out.

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:38   #37
Ebany
Cute Kitten

I've been planning my wedding since I was 5 damnit. No-one is going to stop me!

NO-ONE I TELL YOU!!!!!
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:39   #38
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Think of it like a business alliance. There will be ups and downs, but you will probably be emotionally and financially more stable if there's two of you in it together. You'll also have a fairly stable environment in which to raise children - children you are unlikely to suddenly decide you want to abandon.
I'm quite cynical, really.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:39   #39
Ebany
Cute Kitten

And what gives you the impression I dont want to start a family?
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:40   #40
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Lovely, i see we have changed a CONGRATULATIONS thread into marriage suck thread.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:40   #41
Ebany
Cute Kitten

so it seems.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:41   #42
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
I've been planning my wedding since I was 5 damnit. No-one is going to stop me!

NO-ONE I TELL YOU!!!!!
Grim-Reaper, Insane Muderer, Breaking up with mark and catch leprosy from a leper, Goverment if they choose too, Doctors of the Psychological kind can declare you psycholigically unfit to give consent to marriage.

I can see lots of people who can stop you.

Let's not forget that if you have a church wedding if someone does interrupt the wedding at the forever hold your peace bit, they have to stop the wedding and reschedule it, most cases the reverend/minister whatever the duder is will warn you he will cancel the ceremony if that happens.

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:41   #43
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Are you threatening me?
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:42   #44
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Lovely, i see we have changed a CONGRATULATIONS thread into marriage suck thread.
IT wasn't a congratulations thread. He asked how many people are getting married this year.

If you thought it was a congratulations thread then that's the conception you are allowed to have of this thread but don't talk about we when you ask why it isn't.

Marriage doesn't suck but people who play with the notion of marriage like a lovefool do suck :P

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:42   #45
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

marriage sucks dude
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:43   #46
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Are you threatening me?
Do you think I'd really seriously threaten someone on the internet?

Sigh.

That's something Cobs would do. It's a childish thing anyway not like anyone really does anything when they say it on the internet, I really find it amusing the amount of empty threats that go around and I couldn't be bothered joining that club.

I'm just proving someone can stop you

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:43   #47
Nodrog

Quote:
it just leaves you both horribly legally tangled for when it doesn't work out.
Isn't that partly the point?
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:47   #48
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Isn't that partly the point?
It is if you are ****ing stupid imo.

Only get married if you have someone's rights to protect be it to live in a nation they aren't a citizen of, or if you have kids but for gods sake don't marry for the sake of being a married couple. Just do the whole common-law thing it's much more simple and if your gf/bf is a dumbass you can walk away with your stuff and be happy.

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:51   #49
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Quote:
Do you think I'd really seriously threaten someone on the internet?

Sigh.

That's something Cobs would do. It's a childish thing anyway not like anyone really does anything when they say it on the internet, I really find it amusing the amount of empty threats that go around and I couldn't be bothered joining that club.

I'm just proving someone can stop you
It was more just the way you said it, in a 'I'm going to turn up and spoil it for you' kind of way. I didn't think you would. You'd probably have forgotten by then anyway.

And why does the fact that I've been engaged before and it didn't work out somehow mean that I am clearly unable to consider marriage seriously? And to fit your own arguments, whats to say I dont just want to get married to provide a stable home for the children I fully plan to have (a whole house full of little Marks....dontcha all just wanna come visit? ). Certainly, we have discussed the fact that we would like to be married before I get pregnant, and it might be an idea to let him finish uni first, perhaps, but I don't consider that as the main reason behind us getting married.

We've even discussed names for the little darlings
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 23:55   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I personally like 'Ziiiiim'