User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Jan 2004, 21:21   #101
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Attention Whoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer
And you *remember* feeling capable to make judgements, do you?
It's more about retrospective analysis of a situation. Also, your memory being affected by alcohol is by no means a clear cut thing. It doesn't go perfect memory...perfect memory...perfect memory...perfect memory...horrible void where you can't recall anything.

For instance, I remember the vast majority of last night (was drinking a bit), every decision I made with crystal clarity, yet the quality of certain things (e.g. smells, tastes, etc) I can't recall for the life of me.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 21:25   #102
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
I was never drunk either, but I think Jennifer is taking the piss outta everything, while trying to remain a girls' defender
I doubt it, but if she is then she's wasting everyone's times. This is why I hate the concept of trolling, you're never quite sure.
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 22:01   #103
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Also, I think that you are less qualified to talk about women making decisions on things like this. Let's be honest - sober or otherwise, when was the last time you slept with someone and actually regretted it?

You'd find it harder to make a decision that you wouldn't make while sober because all the factors that stop you making a decision are probably still there.

Eg. Sober: You don't sleep with Ms. X because she's fat and smelly and ugly.
Drunk: You still don't sleep with her because she's still fat and smelly and ugly, unless you've had enough pints to impair your vision, sense of smell, and ability to judge flabbiness.

Sober: You won't sleep with Ms. Y because she's way out of your league, and she would turn you down.
Drunk: You ask her for a shag, she says no.

Sober: A guy really fancies a girl, and she's interested in him. He sleeps with her.
Drunk: He avoids this girl all night in case she sees him drunk and thinks he's a twat.

Whereas for a girl:
Sober: Won't sleep with a guy because she doesn't want to be called a slut by people, and doesn't want him to think she's easy. She wants some sort of relationship with him.
Drunk: She stops caring what people think, he tells her that she's 'really special' and of course he wants to date her. She sleeps with him. Wakes up next morning and surprise surprise, he was only saying that to get into her knickers.

I know this is a sweeping generalization, and somewhat cynical, but there is a certain amount of truth in it. Girls have more capacity for doing things they wouldn't do when sober.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 22:29   #104
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ITT Jenny joins the Amish and preaches to the masses.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 06:55   #105
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer
Also, I think that you are less qualified to talk about women making decisions on things like this. Let's be honest - sober or otherwise, when was the last time you slept with someone and actually regretted it?
I was going to put details here, but then I realised that in a thread about attention whoring, it'd be bitterly ironic. So I'll just say, yes I've certainly regretted having sex with someone, or individual sexual acts. Dates aren't really important.

I'm not sure how that's relevent though. Is regret a meaningful measure of whether you could consent or not? Haven't you done things which you've regretted in the past (irrespective of alcohol)? Were you clinically insane at the time?

I mean, for instance, I've come back from the shops after buying something crappy and thought "WTF did I buy that for?". This doesn't mean I didn't consent to buy the damn thing, merely that I made an error in judgement (woah, thread crossover, see the one about cannibals and their willing victims) or simply changed my mind. Errors in judgement are more likely under the persuassion of alcohol but as I say, it's a sliding scale. We need to be quite far along for a reasonable assumption of non-competence.

With traditional contracts we have a cooling off period, and a right to cancel. In some cases, I can return my crappy purchases to the shop. Quite obviously the same does not apply to someone whose consented to have sex and then regretted it later, so any sane ethical / legal system will take into account the situation which led to said agreement and emotional / psychological / physical damage incurred in the process.

See queball's post earlier for some sanity.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 11 Jan 2004 at 07:12.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 11:53   #106
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Doner kebabs. Full consent, yet great regret afterwards.

Anyway, you can only really totally blame the alcohol if you've drank so much you can't remember anything (i.e. complete mind blank), at which point you are an entirely different person.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 02:54   #107
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've slept with a few girls when they're inebriated.

So that makes me a rapist?
Blimey.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 12:42   #108
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

So when I shared half a bottle of wine with my girlfriend last night, everything afterwards was rape?

Hot
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 15:01   #109
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Expect an update to follow shortly.
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 15:12   #110
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

nice bump, I missed this thread the first time and your story at the start is the best thing ive read on GD since i got back.

edit: to get her name you could just have given her your mobile and asked her to put her number in oh wait.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 16:17   #111
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
So is Dace now going out like proper with this bird like, I usually wouldn't care but the first post was so good, that I find myself rooting for him.

Update
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 16:50   #112
Ivana

I made my dog drink vodca and milk once.

Then shaged it.

Then made it lick Nutella off my balls.