User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 04:15   #1
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Orbit - The poster boys for failure

I dont usually like bashing alliances that aim to give new players a chance but at times they need a quick kicj up the backside to make then realise they are supposed to be part of the solution not part of the problem.

Now while this post was inspired by Orbits attack methods its as much a post aimed at any smaller alliance whom takes less hardcore people in.

Anyway a few hours back an F-Crew member reporting incoming to his galaxy, a quick jumpgate scan showed that he also had incoming on its way and scans on the whole galaxy showed 3 wave on every planet waiting to launch. It just so happens that many F-Crew members share galaxies with orbit so checking up who the attackers were wasnt that hard with a bit of detective work (Although for some reason i decided to take the hard way first and isntead of asking the members in the attackers galaxies ) This showed them to be orbit. Now come the 2gmt more incoming showed up, both actual launches and when i ran some more jpgs for the member it showed every planet now had atleast 4 waves, many with 6 or 7 waves launching on them. Again the co-ords often game from galaxies with F-crew in so again checking them up wasnt hard and again they came back orbit.

Now the important factor in all this is the galaxy being attacked, its wel outside the top100 and has average score of a measly 350k. This is a fair bit belowthe average of Orbit. As such the target isnt great and gains will be poor even for the first wavers, let alone the 7th wavers

So why are they doing it then. God only knows. Maybe its a mistake and they usually attack larger, maybe its a retal, maybe some of its piggybackers but still they could do better and all smaller alliances have to sit up and take note. Its an undeniable fact of PA life that as a small alliance you will see members getting bashed and you will due to your less dedicated and refined players struggle to come close to covering all of these so WHY make the small chance to get players into the game and growing by hittin targets that stagnate you and drive players out of the game. Players whom down the line could maybe be members of your alliance.

For starters if your going over 3 waves without wanting to wipe a galaxy off the face of the game then you shouldnt be allowing it. 3 waves is more than enough for any roid run, instead open up another galaxy. You have the resources to do so and the returns will almost certainly be more than they would have been.

Now when choosing a target choose one that at the very least has an average score above your alliances. Yes a better galaxies going to mean more chance of defence but the rewards are alot greater nd well worth taking the risk.

Now coupled with the above point is teh fact you should be trying to and pushing members to take on those of a larger value. This is where your xp gains are from and its the XP thats a great leverler in modern PA. if your attacking lower your resignin yourself to a life of struggling. Now i know fear is strong and puts people off attacking larger values but show thema few bcalcs to prove your point that they can do it.

So lets have all the small and training alliances making a united stand for ones. Lets fight the big on OUR terms. They may come and take our roids but it wont bother us and it wont force us to be the problem. It will make us more detirmed to attack good tragets that score good xp and help propel the alliances forward and make sure that small/training alliances cant be considered as mainly just a joke. The minute you start hitting below the belt like is happening then they have won and we may as well all pack up our things and let the hardcore people only fight it out
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 05:24   #2
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve
Re: Orbit - The poster boys for failure

On behalf of Orbit, i will start off by saying that our target galaxies were chosen because of their planets, not their alliances, so no harm was intended to F-Crew or any other alliance(s) involved.

We choose targets like this because of the nature of our alliance, being an alliance that accepts players new to the game with no previous experience whatsoever, we have a very differentiated score line. A few members way at the top, and a large amount right at the bottom (high average, low median). When we select a target, we must take into consideration that most of our memberbase is equal to if not smaller than the planets in question. Of course we teach our members how xp works and why its better to attack larger planets, but we're also trying to teach them proper fleet composition, and because this can be a very confusing subject to a new player, some of them can have trouble taking on a planet even half their size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Now the important factor in all this is the galaxy being attacked, its wel outside the top100 and has average score of a measly 350k. This is a fair bit belowthe average of Orbit.
Actually, orbit's average score right now is just above 400k and our target galaxy is just under 400k. So we're not talking about a sizeable difference here.

Our attacks have never had more than 5 waves, although members DO attack together at times. We do not try to obliterate our targets, we have the same goals as any other alliance or even single player; to gain roids, what comes of the defenders ships is not up to us and as long as you have your ships it is possible to recover from any amount of roid loss.

As for your advice on how we should choose targets, all i can say is this is how we attack. If we chose larger targets, most of our members would either not attack (not gain any score) or attack and land into a death trap (loss of score), so right now it is a lose-lose situation. Don't get me wrong, if i could put a larger galaxy up on the attack i would love to, but our largest members are 10 times bigger than our smallest, so its hard to find a compromise.

And you also must remember how Orbit came about, we were 4 alliances just struggling to make the top 30, and after the merge, most of our top members left us. So as a training alliance, we obviously want to help the PA community and we wont be judged based on who we attack.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 06:09   #3
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

3-fleeting is not good training.

On the other hand, I think F-Crew should just 3-fleet the attackers.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 06:45   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Wonder if its Orbit hitting my galaxy now.. alot of fleets piggybacking eachother... very amusing indeed
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 06:48   #5
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

The game allows you to hit much bigger players than equal value, attacking a galaxy in that manner outside the t100 is both appalling and inefficient.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 09:44   #6
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I have ships incoming from someone with 600k value.

I have 58 roids.

Guess who is gonna get raped soon
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 09:45   #7
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

PM me next time, I'll be there for you if I can
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 10:50   #8
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I wish NewDawn had the scanning resources F-Crew have to scan a whole gal of one of our members the minute they get incoming hehe.

/me wanders off to speak to Wakey
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 11:09   #9
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Wakey get a grip!!
Its a WAR game
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 11:13   #10
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron7684
On behalf of Orbit, i will start off by saying that our target galaxies were chosen because of their planets, not their alliances, so no harm was intended to F-Crew or any other alliance(s) involved.
I never said you did, Infact if had been alliance based I wouldnt haven even raised the issue as it would have been a fair and acceptable

Quote:
We choose targets like this because of the nature of our alliance, being an alliance that accepts players new to the game with no previous experience whatsoever, we have a very differentiated score line. A few members way at the top, and a large amount right at the bottom (high average, low median). When we select a target, we must take into consideration that most of our memberbase is equal to if not smaller than the planets in question. Of course we teach our members how xp works and why its better to attack larger planets, but we're also trying to teach them proper fleet composition, and because this can be a very confusing subject to a new player, some of them can have trouble taking on a planet even half their size.
This might work when talking to the more hardcore alliance whom often have little knowledge of playing as a small/training alliance. HOWEVER if theres one person in this community that you cant pull the wool over their eyes with such an excuse its me. I have choosen to do the role that Orbit find itself in for almost 6 years now and I understand the kind of distribution of score that a training alliance has and what targets are possible with a team of green players

Now its tough to persuade people that attacking larger planets but its your duty to do so, your not helping anyone by teaching them to attack smaller. Your just using your small often new players to attack even smaller, even newer players. By not doing so your doing a disservice to your players and the game.

Oh and you say that some of your players have trouble hitting planets even half their size, well if thats so get you fingers out ffs.One planet in this galaxy had 5 TZEN FLEETS hitting them. These Tzen fleets alone each could get in and out with little trouble in fact they had enough Tzens to hit an average xan that was atleast 100k LARGER rather than the Xan's that were half their size. What makes things worse is no no reason whatsoever some of these fleets are being guided in by Ter BS fleets.

Quote:
Actually, orbit's average score right now is just above 400k and our target galaxy is just under 400k. So we're not talking about a sizeable difference here.
Orbit is 420k, the galaxy is 350k. So please dont make out that they are both close to each other.

Quote:
Our attacks have never had more than 5 waves, although members DO attack together at times. We do not try to obliterate our targets, we have the same goals as any other alliance or even single player; to gain roids, what comes of the defenders ships is not up to us and as long as you have your ships it is possible to recover from any amount of roid loss.
Now ive seen the full launch list and not just Jpg's yeah your right, most arent more than 5 wave, however most are the full 5 wave involve two attacker. In some cases this is fine but as i said above theres alot of fleets that alone deal with the target the additional fleets just make its pointless. In fact with the way that roids are handed out when two attacks land some of these planets get hardly any roids when a full cap is possible.

As for your goals, I think thats fairly simplified goal. When your a small alliance your role is to provide a fun enviorment for your players to keep them playing and to teach them about the game. Attacks like this I would suggest actually go against this aim as it dosnt allow the score that smaller players lose whenn they lose their roids to be recovered easierly. Your players should be taking big jumps on every attack not only just covering your losses.

Quote:
As for your advice on how we should choose targets, all i can say is this is how we attack. If we chose larger targets, most of our members would either not attack (not gain any score) or attack and land into a death trap (loss of score), so right now it is a lose-lose situation. Don't get me wrong, if i could put a larger galaxy up on the attack i would love to, but our largest members are 10 times bigger than our smallest, so its hard to find a compromise.

And you also must remember how Orbit came about, we were 4 alliances just struggling to make the top 30, and after the merge, most of our top members left us. So as a training alliance, we obviously want to help the PA community and we wont be judged based on who we attack.
Your letting FEAR get the better of you and your players and this highlights the problem I'm highlighting. You shouldnt be playing into players fears, you should be encouraging them to attack well. All races have a weakness and players themselves just compound the problem and you should be ensuring your members are exploiting this as much as possible. While its true larger galaxies and spreading your attacks out a little more to allow you take more targets and potentailly more score gains BUT its worth the risk for the score gains. Some may lose out every day but the score gains those that land will take will see them shooting up the rankings. As for being caught by defence this is either a potential problem now or its not a problem at all. If you have defence against you you wait till the lst possible moment and then pull.

And you can put up larger targets, have faith in your members. And if you cant find a galaxy that offers viable targets whom allow the majority of your members to hit larger planets then put up two galaxies. One which is smaller and strictly for smaller planets and then a larger galaxy for the bigger planets. If you keep letting the fear drive your target choices you will never meet your potential as the xp system is there to help small alliances if only they have the guts to take advantage of it.

As for the last part which suggests that your above judgement as your a training alliance, thats wrong. All alliances are judged and should be judged on their actions. And personally after your attitude here and the attack I think your actually somewaht of a disagrace to the training alliance tag as your not training your players to survive in the game. Your breeding a group of players whom cant play the game any where near to their potential and whom play the game ruled by fear. The only place these peoples attitude really fits on is in the win at all costs hardcore alliances where their make up allows for such attacking methods to pay off and somehow I doubt you are giving your players the training needed to most of them into the top alliance
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 11:24   #11
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
I wish NewDawn had the scanning resources F-Crew have to scan a whole gal of one of our members the minute they get incoming hehe.

/me wanders off to speak to Wakey
Generally we dont, I did it as a favour to the member in the galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Oh Wakey get a grip!!
Its a WAR game
It may be a war game but needlessly poor roiding that targets galaxies where the players in them are already struggling with so many fleets is overkill and compound the problems we have in this game at getting new players into the game. The attacks are barely profitable for the attackers so its not worth their time attacking really and they are demorilising players in the galaxy further. I know many people reading this forum couldnt care less of how your actions impact on the universe but this is exactly why alliances like Orbit shouldnt be stooping so low. Theres enough people willing to bash this type of galaxy which is the kind of galaxy that will make up much of their playerbase without alliances that are supposed to be helping the lower end of the game and the universe in general becoming part of the problem
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 11:34   #12
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Wakey - how are you supposed to learn how to play a game if you dont get attacked?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 11:57   #13
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Wakey - how are you supposed to learn how to play a game if you dont get attacked?
Theres a difference betwen being attacked and being bashed by 5 waves from planets twice your size. Attacks like the orbit one dont even give you a chance to learn how to defend because the attacks done in a way where its run or lose everything.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 11:59   #14
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
As for your goals, I think thats fairly simplified goal. When your a small alliance your role is to provide a fun enviorment for your players to keep them playing and to teach them about the game. Attacks like this I would suggest actually go against this aim as it dosnt allow the score that smaller players lose whenn they lose their roids to be recovered easierly. Your players should be taking big jumps on every attack not only just covering your losses.
An alliance can choose to do as it pleases, it is the point of an alliance, noone can dictate how it should be run, so your are stepping over your boundaries telling an alliance what it can and cant do
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 12:05   #15
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
Theres a difference betwen being attacked and being bashed by 5 waves from planets twice your size. Attacks like the orbit one dont even give you a chance to learn how to defend because the attacks done in a way where its run or lose everything.
Yes Wakey, but bashing does happen.

Does Orbit do it all the time? No
Did Orbit do it last round? No.

I know for sure that this round Orbit has a lot of new players, so who says it wasnt them attacking and not the Command Crew etc?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 12:16   #16
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Yes Wakey, but bashing does happen.

Does Orbit do it all the time? No
Did Orbit do it last round? No.

I know for sure that this round Orbit has a lot of new players, so who says it wasnt them attacking and not the Command Crew etc?
From ron's post it actually suggests Orbit actually do attack in such a manner on a regular basis. And the sheer number and the size of most of the attackers suggests that thus IS NOT just their newbies. In fact most attackers are over Orbits alliance average score in value alone

And I cant believe people are throwing the "New players" element at me as a way to justify the actions.

And yes bashing does happen, I know that, you know that, everyone knows that BUT with bashing happening do we really want training alliances doing it. These training alliances should know better than anyone the impact of such actions and they have a chance to imprint a more thoughtful nature into their players, players whom might end up being tommorrows top players.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 12:29   #17
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
An alliance can choose to do as it pleases, it is the point of an alliance, noone can dictate how it should be run, so your are stepping over your boundaries telling an alliance what it can and cant do
I havent forced them to change their ways, I have however raised an issue that needed to be raised. The effort to make this game more accessable to new, small and casual players is completly wasted if even those that are supposed to being helped are being part of the problem.

And considering this is a community thats so quick to attack Jolt for not investing money into the game from an advertising pov there should be more people like me willing to stand up against such actions which drive as many players away from the game for good as are attracted to the game. I mean would you really invest in a game yourself if the games community are so quick to accept actions that drive players away.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 12:36   #18
Phrazer
Cymru Am Byth

Phrazer has a spectacular aura aboutPhrazer has a spectacular aura about

Wakey i take on board what u say, from the point of view as another "training alliance" (god i hate that term)
However, might i point out that we have more roids then you despite having significatly less members, considering over 15 of our members are playing their first round, and Orbit has only been around for 1.5 rounds our avg score is pretty damn close to yours.

in regard to last nights attacks, our attack statergy is non of your business, our choice of gal was our own and are methods are working fine. They may not be ideal but they are our own. Last night it is VERY obvious that another alliance hit that gal as well and i dont care if u believe me or not, its a fact.

And its NOT fear, its realism

Round 12 - 13 - E1W HC
Round 14 - 18 - Orbit HC
Round 19 - 32 - Orbit Forever. Nothing else comes close!!
Round 39+ - Currently chilling out in S.P.Q.R

<Gruff|afk> omg....this is the best pm i've ever had!!!!!!
<Gruff|afk> you have just got up so many positions in my "Gruff-o-meter scale"
Phrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 12:39   #19
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Wakey has a point. Orbit aren't playing the game the best they can. They're going to do poorly in the long run if they keep up that attacking pattern, and they're likely to help other players quit due to being bashed. Last round F-Crew did what they should do and hit top galaxies, always in the top 20 I believe, and *yes* they did take roids quite often!

Orbit needs to learn that bigger doesnt = invincible, even to lowbies. Unfortunately, this round F-Crew seem to have forgotten what they learnt, when they hit my gal (just outside top 100). But that may have been a one off; and they got piggybacked so it seemed worse than it was.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 12:50   #20
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

Speaking from the standpoint of having ran a 'learning' alliance, all you are teaching new players by hitting crap planets is that they cant and shouldnt hit decent planets, this is basically instilling in them an immediate sense of failure. What purpose teaching a new player that they will fail if they go for it?
Why not, as we did in SiN, hit anybody and everybody, doing it right, using a Bcalc to work out who you can hit (not looking at the score/value of a gal) and just doing like Nelson said, 'Never mind the maneouvers, just go at them!' It works.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 12:56   #21
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Speaking from last round I never ordered ANY attacks which could have consituted bashing and I stopped members from picking small targets.

Why not just go to war with each other - Training Alliance vs Training Alliance
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:01   #22
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Speaking from last round I never ordered ANY attacks which could have consituted bashing and I stopped members from picking small targets.

Why not just go to war with each other - Training Alliance vs Training Alliance

I absolutely agree with this, when SiN did war with ROCK, everybody got involved and a good time was had by all, many of our members (me included) still regard it as one of their personal highlights of playing PA.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:06   #23
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Wakey has a point. Orbit aren't playing the game the best they can. They're going to do poorly in the long run if they keep up that attacking pattern, and they're likely to help other players quit due to being bashed. Last round F-Crew did what they should do and hit top galaxies, always in the top 20 I believe, and *yes* they did take roids quite often!
We STILL hit the top20 galaxys this round, and we will continue doing so.

Quote:

Orbit needs to learn that bigger doesnt = invincible, even to lowbies. Unfortunately, this round F-Crew seem to have forgotten what they learnt, when they hit my gal (just outside top 100). But that may have been a one off; and they got piggybacked so it seemed worse than it was.
We have some new BC"s which haven't always picked the right galaxy. But therefore we are a training alliance, and the NEW BC's learn from this mistake.
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:13   #24
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Last round F-Crew did what they should do and hit top galaxies, always in the top 20 I believe, and *yes* they did take roids quite often!
They did not always land in top 20 galaxies, infact they hit my first galaxy 2-3 times in round 14 when it was around top 50.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:15   #25
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I didn't say always. I said often. There is a difference.

And I'm glad to hear Orbit does try to hit bigger planets. Keep it up!

Also I agree with everything Zyth said.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:16   #26
General1
Rah's def wh0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
They did not always land in top 20 galaxies, infact they hit my first galaxy 2-3 times in round 14 when it was around top 50.
Well, we Attack 1 high ranked galaxy for or larger members, and a galaxy with a little less score for or smaller members.
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:16   #27
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
I didn't say always. I said often. There is a difference.

And I'm glad to hear Orbit does try to hit bigger planets. Keep it up!

Also I agree with everything Zyth said.
If you re read your post you will find that you said:
Quote:
always in the top 20 I believe.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:33   #28
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
We have some new BC"s which haven't always picked the right galaxy. But therefore we are a training alliance, and the NEW BC's learn from this mistake.
They need to learn how to attack alliances as well. Its not just get co-od list and launch
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:46   #29
General1
Rah's def wh0re

Quote:
They need to learn how to attack alliances as well. Its not just get co-od list and launch
We normally don't go for 1 alliance.
We neither have a coords list, we let the BC's pick a target and then we discuss it.
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 15:54   #30
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge
Actually, funny point, at times, there were only 2-3 planets in our target gal's that were above our command crews bash limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
Well, we Attack 1 high ranked galaxy for or larger members, and a galaxy with a little less score for or smaller members.
The problem is that more than 50% of our members are 'smaller members' so we've tried that and one of the gals is always poorly covered.

Quote:
Like i said, we do not attack alliances nor choose our target galaxies because of their alliances.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 16:27   #31
wakey
Hamster

Quote:

The problem is that more than 50% of our members are 'smaller members' so we've tried that and one of the gals is always poorly covered.
Suprising that isnt it, you would never work out that 50% of your alliance would be smaller

Seriously though with the number of attackers you had on that galaxy you have enough people to pull off an attack a resonably large galaxy and a slightly smaller one. In fact if you take two galaxies its likley that even te galaxy for the small members will some targets for the larger alliances and vise versa. A value of 100k more than your planet is certainly well within reason for anyone and depending on fleet structure maybe even more. This means even if we say your small players are avg out at around 150k, your lower end is still a healthy 250k value and such a galaxy will also offer some planets for your larger ones. Spend 10 mins on sandmans and your have number of possible targets if only you dont let the fear of hitting larger restrict you
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 17:44   #32
Celebrant
All is lost all is lost:P

Celebrant is an unknown quantity at this point

ehhh its a war game wakey, as long as people dont cheat its all good, and attacking small galaxies might be a good way to learn new players how to wave planets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Wonder if its Orbit hitting my galaxy now.. alot of fleets piggybacking eachother... very amusing indeed
lame comment, keep it to your self.

[1up]
Celebrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 12:01   #33
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who thinks wakey should make his threads a bit shorter in the future, caus omg that's alot of reading this guys throws at us, makes me wanna scroll it all

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 13:43   #34
PoSSeSSeD

PoSSeSSeD can only hope to improve

You just took the words out of my mouth, If posts are too long people scroll and pay no attention.
Not that we pay attention to crap like that anyways :xmas:
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 13:45   #35
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

They are not wrong wakey, you have way to much time on your hands
Not that you write much crap but you write damn long.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 14:45   #36
Phrazer
Cymru Am Byth

Phrazer has a spectacular aura aboutPhrazer has a spectacular aura about

i think PoSSeSSed has attention span of a gnat anyway

Round 12 - 13 - E1W HC
Round 14 - 18 - Orbit HC
Round 19 - 32 - Orbit Forever. Nothing else comes close!!
Round 39+ - Currently chilling out in S.P.Q.R

<Gruff|afk> omg....this is the best pm i've ever had!!!!!!
<Gruff|afk> you have just got up so many positions in my "Gruff-o-meter scale"
Phrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 15:12   #37
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Am I the only one who thinks wakey should make his threads a bit shorter in the future, caus omg that's alot of reading this guys throws at us, makes me wanna scroll it all
I did scroll everything that wakey posted, like I usually do (no offence to wakey but I just cba to read so big sentences )
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 15:30   #38
TSP

TSP has a spectacular aura aboutTSP has a spectacular aura aboutTSP has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Unfortunately, this round F-Crew seem to have forgotten what they learnt, when they hit my gal (just outside top 100).
I don't think that's really the case, we're still mostly hitting in the top 20. It's not a case of 'forgetting' or 'learning' either. In my experience most of the members who come to F-Crew are either new players or returning players, and one of the initial things to do is get them to change their perspective on the game and convince them that they are able to attack people bigger in value. I think a lot of us always want to hit the larger gals, but it's obviously not going to work if nobody is going to claim them. It's not a matter of 'forgetting' either - our turnover between rounds is pretty low, and we lose a lot of members - only a few hardcore like Wakey that we can never seem to shift to anyone else - and are left with a new bunch who haven't had the target size spiel drilled into them yet. Additionally, this round we're a lot smaller comparatively, so the biggest gals aren't so much in our range as of yet. So I'm sorry we hit your gal - it's not a target I would have picked - but it was early in the round and I'd be worried if it happened again.

As for Orbit, while I don't know much about the specific case Wakey is referring to it doesn't so much bother me from the gal's point of view but rather that the alliance should be doing its job by getting their smaller members to hit bigger targets. As several members will no doubt attest, I had a downright abysmal start to the round and yet things radically improved because I've been hitting top 25 gals or so.

Quote:
caus omg that's alot of reading this guys throws at us
You ought to see what we have to put up with.
TSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 16:28   #39
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I have ships incoming from someone with 600k value.

I have 58 roids.

Guess who is gonna get raped soon
Forest?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 16:34   #40
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

LOL, cheeky sod.

I am now rank 2850 on size, 1k on score, 650 on value. Feel the fear!
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 16:37   #41
PoSSeSSeD

Phrazer does things to me and makes me promise not to tell anybody....
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 16:56   #42
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrant
ehhh its a war game wakey, as long as people dont cheat its all good, and attacking small galaxies might be a good way to learn new players how to wave planets.

lame comment, keep it to your self.
The excuse that "its a war game" always annoys me because it seems like people think its a get out of jail free card and allows people to get away with anything they like. However I think we are forgetting that at least traditionally war honourable thing that has its own set of rules that are both written and unwritten. If war made everythong ok then we wouldnt have war crime tribunials and we would have more nations just attacking smaller nations for the sake of it.

Sometimes we have to put our own needs to the background and focus on whats good for the game and I'm sure most people will agree smashing players half your size like this isnt good for anyone, and its especially dissapointing to see the alliances that should know full well the problem of such attacks undertaking in them and even supporting them thus helping undermine the vast improvements made to this game to try and help the smaller/newer players.

And I'm not sure you learn anything more by waving weak targets than waving a better galaxy. In fact your less likly to make a mistake on the lesser galaxy and imho making mistakes is actually the most vital part of learning. And most importantly its simply instilling an archaic into the players even if they arent intending that

@those complain about length of my posts

This one was pretty short but even then I think often my posts are deceptive and gives the view that the are excessivly long. While theres alot of people here who will post alot of quick snappy replies which are little more than throw away comments you dont find that with me. When I post its normally because I have something I feel is important and needs posted. Posts of these nature will be longer than the average post on the forums. Also often my posts arent on a single issue. I dont have time to sit around refreshing the forums and replying to eerything at once. As such I will deal with multiple replies at once which expands my posts length
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 17:13   #43
PoSSeSSeD

*scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll*

You talking to me? Or are ya chewing a brick ? Cos either way, your losing your teeth..... Punk !

Unread 18 Nov 2005, 17:29   #44
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSSeSSeD
*scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll* *scroll*

You talking to me? Or are ya chewing a brick ? Cos either way, your losing your teeth..... Punk !

If you dont have something useful to say piss off to GD where your shit posts will be appreciated
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 17:54   #45
PoSSeSSeD

I knew I could prove them all wrong Wakey and get a short post out of you....
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 18:20   #46
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSSeSSeD
I knew I could prove them all wrong Wakey and get a short post out of you....
Go for it!
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 18:23   #47
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

irritating a mod and expecting to win is like standing in front of a train travelling at 100mph - shouting at it to stop and expecting not to get squashed
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 23:51   #48
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

ok Wakey, heres one...

Its not only a WAR game, its a GAME. Stop arguing ffs, next thing i know you're gonna be telling me how to build my sand castles. And if you know so much, why isnt ur alliance up there in the top-10
Unread 19 Nov 2005, 03:58   #49
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
ok Wakey, heres one...

Its not only a WAR game, its a GAME. Stop arguing ffs, next thing i know you're gonna be telling me how to build my sand castles. And if you know so much, why isnt ur alliance up there in the top-10
Yes its a game, however the important part of the description of this game is 'multiplayer'. Now this word tells you that unlike your standard PC games your playing against real people and not peices of computer code. This means that the games reliant on having actual players playing the game and as such its every persons in this game to have fun in a responsable manner. When people forget that they arent the only ones playing and let their fun totally destroy someone elses game they are only destroying the fun for themselves in the long run by limiting or even reducing the growth of the playerbase. And as an alliance HC your responsability is even greater because you have a group of players whom look to you for guidence. You are in a position to teach these people how to play and have fun in a considerate nature

I find it intresting BTW that you seem to think ranking means Knowledge, I guess that makes you extreamly dumb in your own eyes then Seriously though knowledge and rank are two entitys that while can go together dont always and dont have to. Its just a tiny part of what brings about success with members being a vital one.You can have all the experiance in the world but your held back somewhat if your an alliance who doesnt just take hardcore players but rather focuses heaverly on new players. To be top10 with members like that you have t maximise poetential from the off and get a bit lucky with the breaks. The breaks havent this round gone in our favour the way they did last round so we are just oustide. However theresa benifit to this for us, we arent someone who constantly is top 10 and we arent someone chasing after top 10 and that means we havent become a clone of a hardcore alliance like many. We have stuck to our beliefs and goals rather than trading them in in the chase for success. And when you consider we are talking about the lower end of the game being a top10 doesnt make you knowledable of the the smaller player and alliances eniviorment. Ive focused on the lower end of the game throught my time in the game and thats where my knowledge lies. If my aim was simply to be top 10 I would be having F-Crew become a clones of an hardcore alliance and would have lon since lost my understanding of the lower end of the game that only comes from being around the people in it
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 Nov 2005, 08:26   #50
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
ok Wakey, heres one...

i have to agree you with there......

wakey stop making all this fuzz fs.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote