User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 01:12   #101
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice
Re: Alliances playing r16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
and who the **** cares about public image when this game is about rankings.

public image, 70% of ppl that post here are either 1up or ppl suck on 1up ass, this is a netgame not the oscar awards. i dont care how you type your fancy sentences on this boards, it doesnt bring you far. this game is about winning eod

and phil, you have been 1up flak since for ever, your head is just too far in that 1up bootie, it doesnt matter what we say. go idolise your sucky heros and stop making me waste my time on you
Your attitude, filthy mouth, moronic ways, and your very pollutive and annoying presence that shows in your every post is a direct representation of eXilition.

May your ideas inspire the rest of the community of how your alliance is and may it bring fruitful and fair political decisions to your following rounds' "success".

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 01:23   #102
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

demigod: what the ****? anyone who's retarded enough to take maxine's own personal views for a whole alliance is quite obviously not going to be of any importance in any objective sense for it to matter, hopefully.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 01:25   #103
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

demiGOD - eXil have some pretty damn good posters - NitinA, ChipZ and bwtmc as examples. Skyhead may just come good as well. It's just a shame they have some pretty damn shit ones too.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 01:26   #104
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

You'd want to hope it's not.

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 01:30   #105
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
demiGOD - eXil have some pretty damn good posters - NitinA, ChipZ and bwtmc as examples. Skyhead may just come good as well. It's just a shame they have some pretty damn shit ones too.
Indeed NitinA and bwtmc, who manage to somewhat make Max' (and the rest) posts kind of non-existent.

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 01:42   #106
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
First off, I hope you don't mind that I edited some of your post content to make your 1up vs. eX comparision easier to address.

Yeah, any alliance would tire after round after round playing. I think (and the same notion has been expressed to be from many 1up members) that the 1up or r11 isn't the 1up of r15. 1up round 11 was a much more dedicated and "hardcore" (if you will) alliance than the 1up of round 15. Strictly speaking, the 1up of r15 isn't up to the standards of the previous batch of players. This isn't an insult at all to 1up, as you guys are a very nice bunch of players.

Can you explain how 1up get the rap for it round after round? Do you honestly beleive that in round 15, the top competitiors for the 1st rank all underestimated eXilition? Do you beleive that any group of people (looking at the predictions thread) underestimated eX or somehow didn't give them the "rap" for their performance in round 13? In fact I knew a lot of sentiments from people who fought eXilition in round 13, whereas they had stronger anti-eX feelings than they've ever had from any alliance winning a round. Nobody underestimated eX at the start of the round, so saying we don't get the "rap" for our prior performance is silly. Only people who don't get it are people who joined the game during the round taken off.

1up *are* made of players from around the block, whereas eXilition is a more stable group of the same people. 1up's recruitment system recruits the officer base and high command base of various alliances round-after-round. They take in officers and higher up from the rest of the playerbase and have been doing so for rounds. eXilition on the other hand has an officerbase which doesn't do this each round, and therefore takes rounds in between to rest.

In my opinion, eXilition are a "great alliance" (but, ofcourse, I'm biased). The approach to the game *is* "groundbreaking in our attitude towards the game." The intensity of round 13 and round 15 are two of the most *exciting*, fulid-poitically, aggresive, and most fun rounds of PAX. Compared to the other rounds of PAX, I would only compare round 11 (which wasn't nearly as fluid or fun as r15) as being close.

Thanks for saying our playing-style is an unatural obsession. That made my day.

-NitinA
Well in round 13, it was pretty much all in for revenge for 1up. This round, no one was touching them with a bargepole, or wanting to help them out at the beginning. When you win, more people want to stop you from winning in the following round and try to base their politics on nailing that alliance and then preying off it. Exilition are very good opportunists, but to compare themselves to 1up when they turn up only when 1up aren't at their strongest hardly seems to be an objective standard. Were they to face 1up in a proper pay round directly following a round after I am sure they would stand a good chance of being defeated. It begs the question: If Sid can turn up round after round, why can't Kaifux. Xanadu turned up for rounds in succession against Fury, won only one round, but were so achingly good round after round, they're a great alliance. They've got a lot more respect, simply because they took it while dishing it out.

exilition are not groundbreaking by any stretch. They are just very very active resembling alliance activity from rounds long ago. Better rounds infact, but they're against the same players who really don't feel the need to be bothered. Exilition's politics are down to plain creating mass blocks, and taking down anyone who's a threat. This is hardly revolutionary. ND's politics of absolute self interest, allowing alliances to kill each other and prey on other alliance's necessity to hit each other without the use of many naps at all, is one that is far more creative. But even then, there are alliances from planetarion history that their strategy in round 15 was based upon. Their strategy was just a bit less orthodox. But they aren't a great alliance, simply because they do not have the military stature to be one.

The "unnatural obsession" comment was perfectly reasonable from my point of view. 3 years ago, a lot of players would have seen it as normal - while we admire what you do, we wonder why you bother to play with such intensity, because after r8, planetarion hasn't been worth absolutely knackering yourself to win. Doing well at planetarion has not been as difficult since (I mean ND nearly won FFS). While 1up are very solid in terms of people turning up, they seem to base their strategy on intelligence rather than sheer brute force.

exilition's success is based on three factors:
- an outdated level of the dedication to the game
- freshness by missing rounds
- opportunism
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 02:02   #107
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken

The "unnatural obsession" comment was perfectly reasonable from my point of view. 3 years ago, a lot of players would have seen it as normal - while we admire what you do, we wonder why you bother to play with such intensity, because after r8, planetarion hasn't been worth absolutely knackering yourself to win. Doing well at planetarion has not been as difficult since (I mean ND nearly won FFS). While 1up are very solid in terms of people turning up, they seem to base their strategy on intelligence rather than sheer brute force.

Coming from me that would have been seem as critisism against the game, and as bashing PA. This comment I find very interesting coming from a forum moderator.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 02:24   #108
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Coming from me that would have been seem as critisism against the game, and as bashing PA. This comment I find very interesting coming from a forum moderator.
I didn't say planetarion wasn't worth playing.

I observed the forum rules.

I justified my point of view by giving reasons.

Planetarion in my opinion is a better game now than it was then, simply because you can do well by being clever, when previously, you'ld just get bashed into oblivion for not being so dedicated. This game used to be insanely hard. XP has been a marvellous equaliser. Things are a bit more relaxed, and it's quite a bit healthier in my view. My point is that exilition are playing planetarion are playing in a manner that's related to the dedication of old.

I don't get what you were getting at.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 03:08   #109
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Max posts do reflect on eXi, whether eXi likes it or not... end of story

EXi has YET to stand up to the competition two rounds in a row, let alone 3,4,5 etc. At and at the end of the day they will NEVER be judged on the same level as 1up, or any other long standing successful alliance. It's a lot easier to take 3 months off and come back hungry (especially from a Command standpoint), then it is to consistantly field a team that has a shot at winning, and consistantly uphold a high level of play. (It's also a lot harder as an HC/Commander to do this round after round, as opposed to just running for a couple months and then taking breaks)

When 1up won their rounds, they showed up after, and stood toe to toe with the competition, Exi on the other hand have won their rounds, and hauled ass, in an attempt to move the community view awayy from them. eXi will ALWAYS be seen in this light, until they prove they are capable of having some staying power, and they fight it out two or three rounds in a row.

Until then, they have proven nothing long term

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 31 Dec 2005 at 03:11. Reason: spelling
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 03:24   #110
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

This is getting ridicioulous - EXilition has nothing to answer for..

LOL

:xmas:

"Everyone under the reign of fire - they will remember"

Froglet - what comes good comes fast ; -)

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 03:46   #111
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Well in round 13, it was pretty much all in for revenge for 1up. This round, no one was touching them with a bargepole, or wanting to help them out at the beginning. When you win, more people want to stop you from winning in the following round and try to base their politics on nailing that alliance and then preying off it. Exilition are very good opportunists, but to compare themselves to 1up when they turn up only when 1up aren't at their strongest hardly seems to be an objective standard. Were they to face 1up in a proper pay round directly following a round after I am sure they would stand a good chance of being defeated. It begs the question: If Sid can turn up round after round, why can't Kaifux. Xanadu turned up for rounds in succession against Fury, won only one round, but were so achingly good round after round, they're a great alliance. They've got a lot more respect, simply because they took it while dishing it out.

exilition are not groundbreaking by any stretch. They are just very very active resembling alliance activity from rounds long ago. Better rounds infact, but they're against the same players who really don't feel the need to be bothered. Exilition's politics are down to plain creating mass blocks, and taking down anyone who's a threat. This is hardly revolutionary. ND's politics of absolute self interest, allowing alliances to kill each other and prey on other alliance's necessity to hit each other without the use of many naps at all, is one that is far more creative. But even then, there are alliances from planetarion history that their strategy in round 15 was based upon. Their strategy was just a bit less orthodox. But they aren't a great alliance, simply because they do not have the military stature to be one.

- opportunism

To your remark about EXil blocking the uni

You can choose your friends but not your enemies, and when the enemies do come around outnumbering by severe, would you not even consider the purpose of having an friend?

And we want this game to become what it once was, even though R14 didn't end the way it should have had, we may now face a very good R16 - especially if we see the alliances broken down to 50 pr ally. I think PA is becoming more of what it was, but you'd rather sit on your high horse having it the easy way.

And if those are the factors you think our success depend upon, really jump down from there : \
And it takes alot more then just that.

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 03:58   #112
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

- opportunism
Lok, this is a ****ing ace post man. I agree with it 100%. Especially with Exilitions bases for success. Sadly, none of it matters because they do win when they play. Noone will never know if 1up will beat them if they played twice in a row. Why? Because exil(like any other living being) will stick to what works. Why take a three pointer when you are 7'10" and can dunk when you feel like it. Also, the reason you gave " level of dedication" is the key factor in my honest opinion, in contemplating if Exil would win again if they played 2 rounds in a row. I think they would, simply because they are 20 times more active than anyone.
Another thing that should be mentioned in ANY Exil vs the universe discussion, is that Exil only won because ND/Angels/1up failed to coop against them properly. They all were selfish, will remain selfish(naturally, not a bad thing) and will refuse to help each other. When Exil was twatting Newdawn, Angels/1up chose to hit other alliances like LCH to get roids. Angels were more worried about LCH passing them, than about hitting Exil, because they know if they hit Exil properly, then Newdawn would win. And they just couldn't have that. This md-level stupidity I think is the main factor in Exil's win. Noone can be blamed for it, because they should not be responsible for another alliances success(in this case, 1up/angels hitting Exil would only have helped Newdawn after 1up/angels were sufficiently twatted). Sadly, if the politics remain anyway that they were in RD 15, I.E. "If I can't win, I will let exil win because I don't want you to win", then exil will keep winning, as just like you stated, they simply take the game a lot more serious than any other alliance.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 04:27   #113
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Just to get the thread back on topic, F-Crew will be playing (not that I think I needed to post that, seeing as we have played every round its fairly obvious )

Like ND though we are going to play it in a different manner to normal, we are not viewing the round as an actual round instead as the first 5 weeks of the round after. We will instead focus on intensive training to hopefully remove some of the stress you have playing a proper round with a largely new memberbase and new DC team. OFC it could go wrong and we could just find these people are still taken by other alliances after the free round but even so we wont lose anything and will enter PAN refreshed having had a moe relaxed round preparing for PAN.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 05:06   #114
ReGuL8eR
ReGuL8eRs HC/Co-founder

ReGuL8eR is an unknown quantity at this point

ReGuL8eRs will be playing too, we enjoyed our first round last, lets see what we can do this new round
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 09:50   #115
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Sadly, if the politics remain anyway that they were in RD 15, I.E. "If I can't win, I will let exil win because I don't want you to win", then exil will keep winning, as just like you stated, they simply take the game a lot more serious than any other alliance.

Maybe some alliances HC needs to do a better job talking to the alliances who "let" eXilition win then. Maybe the HC's of ND, 1up and likes needs to stop thinking of the alliances lower down as support alliances but as equal alliances whom all have their own agenda and goals.. U cant just run around expect everyone to totally support your own view on things, its a game of give and take. If your alliance wants to have agreements with my alliance, they need to offer something etc.. Maybe eXilition did a better job at just this. Me personally find the eXil hc alot less arrogant than some other alliances.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 11:19   #116
Lilleman
[G-II]

Lilleman is an unknown quantity at this point

G-II will be playing.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 12:01   #117
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
To your remark about EXil blocking the uni

You can choose your friends but not your enemies, and when the enemies do come around outnumbering by severe, would you not even consider the purpose of having an friend?

And we want this game to become what it once was, even though R14 didn't end the way it should have had, we may now face a very good R16 - especially if we see the alliances broken down to 50 pr ally. I think PA is becoming more of what it was, but you'd rather sit on your high horse having it the easy way.

And if those are the factors you think our success depend upon, really jump down from there : \
And it takes alot more then just that.
I didn't say it was wrong to block, someone claimed exilition's politics groundbreaking, which they aren't. Even with the block, it didn't have much of an effect considering ND were so laughably bad in the last few weeks.

You want the game to become what it once was - to do that you'ld have to go at the level of activity you are at the minute for at least 2 years consecutively - thing is, it doesn't seem you are up for that. The level we are playing at now is the only sustainable level if you want to play round after round after round. You talk us about being on our high horse and taking it easy? You are the ones who need months of break between rounds.

I don't expect exilition's strategy to change. It's a good strategy if you want to win individual rounds.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 12:21   #118
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Maybe some alliances HC needs to do a better job talking to the alliances who "let" eXilition win then. Maybe the HC's of ND, 1up and likes needs to stop thinking of the alliances lower down as support alliances but as equal alliances whom all have their own agenda and goals.. U cant just run around expect everyone to totally support your own view on things, its a game of give and take. If your alliance wants to have agreements with my alliance, they need to offer something etc.. Maybe eXilition did a better job at just this. Me personally find the eXil hc alot less arrogant than some other alliances.
I entirely agree with Kargool, for once. Perhaps Round 15 showed the 'big' alliances how useful the smaller (less hardcore) alliances could be, if they had deigned to turn to them.

In Rounds 13 and 14, alliances such as VGN were only asked for help when it was too late - when the other side was on the verge of winning anyway. What good could we do then? In Round 15, eXil approached its so-called 'support' alliances fairly early on on a basis of friendship, and it was because of that that we chose to work more closely with them later on. Kargool's arrogance point is true as well - but I won't name names.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 15:41   #119
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

updated my "alliance playing" post upto here

god you guys dont half make it hard with the amount of crap you post

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 15:45   #120
Mystical

Mystical has a spectacular aura aboutMystical has a spectacular aura about

Lol chicka u are joking right, till 5/6 days before end of round we had angels/ND incomings for days... and also some 1ups who hitted us whole round, with max 3 days exception. Doesnt matter if we play or not play a round. It is a game we decide what we want. The forum is poisened anyways.. only look at who is green and who is red hehe... (except for some exceptions). Look, if you make the most posts on the forums you are not god of planetarion! its not about how many green dots you get here, but its about who ends up high in the pa ranks. perhaps you guys (esp 1up) should start to realise that. Everyone plays hard and everyone wants to win. Whoever wins and whatever way apperently used all game features in the best way. Live with it, it has always been so and will always stay that way...

All that people trying to do here is put others in a bad daylight.. i get sick of it. just play and stop the continueous bullshitting and bitching eachother alltho somethings could be based on facts our are realitiy. It doesnt really matter.

edit: also who are you guys to decide for the rest of the community how the game should be! get a grip

If you don't think AD has any value, then you won't mind being banned until the first round of PAN ends - Banned, 5 months

Blue tears never dry..

Mystical

Last edited by lokken; 31 Dec 2005 at 18:38.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 17:22   #121
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
and who the **** cares about public image when this game is about rankings.
then stay out of the fkin forums and stop ruining our bloody name maxmillian
your posts are horrible. they always have been and probably always will be, and whats worse, they are actually hurting the alliance. if you are the teamplayer you always claim you are then please stay out of the forums or learn what you shouldnt say.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 17:28   #122
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:

- opportunism
as you said before, you cant expect the same top players to be active 3 or 4 years after they started. exilition is known to drag a lot of new players from other games and give them a chance in a top alliance. we achieve our outdated level of dedication by this revolutionairy way of recruiting for a top alliance.

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 17:38   #123
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
your posts are horrible. they always have been and probably always will be, and whats worse, they are actually hurting the alliance. if you are the teamplayer you always claim you are then please stay out of the forums or learn what you shouldnt say.
yay, "bestest" post
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 18:26   #124
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
as you said before, you cant expect the same top players to be active 3 or 4 years after they started. exilition is known to drag a lot of new players from other games and give them a chance in a top alliance. we achieve our outdated level of dedication by this revolutionairy way of recruiting for a top alliance.
Surely then you'ld have no problem playing round after round if you have such a marvellous intake of fresh players. If you can keep it up round after round, then it wouldn't be an "outdated level of dedication". I'd love to see your bunch midway through next round with their eyes burning and 3 months of fighting under their belt.

I don't see how this in any way counters the idea that you just get a bunch of people to be extremely active over the space of one round, by keeping them fresh via the method of skipping rounds, and entering at a time when 1up happen to be unpopular.

Come back when you choose to defend your titles - until then, comparing yourself to 1up in the PAX era is just plain silly.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 18:29   #125
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
yay, "bestest" post
Why he didnt tell him on IRC or via PM, I dont know, unless it was some poor attempt at a public display of authority.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 18:42   #126
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Why he didnt tell him on IRC or via PM, I dont know, unless it was some poor attempt at a public display of authority.
well, however - it amused me and that counts !
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 18:51   #127
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
it has been told to maxmillian numerous times on irc.

and as for authority, i have none. i'm not an officer in eX and i have no desire to be so. I'm an alliance member concerned with the way max displays our alliance in public.

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 18:54   #128
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Come back when you choose to defend your titles - until then, comparing yourself to 1up in the PAX era is just plain silly.
Comparing us with 1up would not be correct at all, and will never be (hopefully)

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:00   #129
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
Surely then you'ld have no problem playing round after round if you have such a marvellous intake of fresh players. If you can keep it up round after round, then it wouldn't be an "outdated level of dedication". I'd love to see your bunch midway through next round with their eyes burning and 3 months of fighting under their belt.

I don't see how this in any way counters the idea that you just get a bunch of people to be extremely active over the space of one round, by keeping them fresh via the method of skipping rounds, and entering at a time when 1up happen to be unpopular.

first of all its hard to find new players and even new players need their rest, but mostly, we have 4 HC of which only 1 is still active, and basically he needs his rest considering his job his study and his GF.

Unrelated ofcourse 1up had been unpopulair in r13 and r15, but you cant exactly say that eXiltion has been populair in those rounds. considering the forums posts and the discussions on IRC before the start of r15 i think its fair to say eXilition was the most unpopulair alliance around. the fact that ministry joined angels with the sole purpose to bring down eXiltion says enough. Yet we managed, and now we need rest, the officers more then anyone else. We have been jaded sine a couple of weeks before the end, and only the prospect of victory kept us as active as we are, however we know that we cant bring the same performance next round as we did this round. We know we need the rest, so instead of whining entire round about how we are not playing seriously and other alliances win because we;re not at our top. Instead we take our rest to ensure we will be top in 2 rounds. You all know this, you can all enticipate on that, just like you could before r15.

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:02   #130
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokken

If you don't think AD has any value, then you won't mind being banned until the first round of PAN ends - Banned, 5 months
out of curiosity, banned from AD or the forums in general?

because if entire forums ur reason for banning just isnt valid

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:03   #131
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokken

horribly uncalled for?
are you gonna ban every poster who steps on ur lil ego? :/

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:05   #132
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Comparing us with 1up would not be correct at all, and will never be (hopefully)
Not until PA team make a new rule mid round for us too

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:08   #133
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well max is a nice guy and ofc hes right in what he says,its not what you say that count its the actions you make.

and if 1up was as good at playing as spamming the forums they should be rank #1 every round, but ofc they are just a bunch of noobs with a reputiation .then they fail with their political moves they just show up average gogo
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:13   #134
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Not until PA team make a new rule mid round for us too

yeah u aint a great alliance unless u get a rule change mid round!! ^^

and u aint a great player before u get an eula change, a new bot stopper question and a new feature for next round because of u either!!!

Quote:
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:14   #135
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
first of all its hard to find new players and even new players need their rest, but mostly, we have 4 HC of which only 1 is still active, and basically he needs his rest considering his job his study and his GF.
I have a wife and a veru demanding job and manage to be here every round. Hell, I got married and went on honeymoon in round 13. We all have obligations to something outside PA, thats life.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:15   #136
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
I have a wife and a veru demanding job and manage to be here every round. Hell, I got married and went on honeymoon in round 13. We all have obligations to something outside PA, thats life.
you should take a break for a round

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:17   #137
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
out of curiosity, banned from AD or the forums in general?

because if entire forums ur reason for banning just isnt valid
AD has stricter rules than the other forums. Posting here is entirely at your own risk. Banned here, means you get banned from all of them.

Quote:
horribly uncalled for?
are you gonna ban every poster who steps on ur lil ego? :/
As far as i'm concerned if all you can do is make a post about how cack AD is and how it's not worthwhile, you can do without your account. Why post in the first place. There are posters on GD who laugh at the very idea of playing PA, but they don't come on here saying how cack it is.

I knew people were going to get upset by the ban. I don't moderate AD to keep people happy, I'm afraid. The punishment was harsh but fit the nature of his post, so there you go.
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:18   #138
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
you should take a break for a round
Why? I'm perfectly able to manage my life and PA.

Quote:
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:22   #139
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
AD has stricter rules than the other forums. Posting here is entirely at your own risk. Banned here, means you get banned from all of them.
fair enough, but ur reason for banning u provided first just isnt correct.

He might discuss strategy etc etc..

Quote:
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:29   #140
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
Why? I'm perfectly able to manage my life and PA.
I'm not

i cant count the times i send fleet went out and came home only to see my fleet dead *again*

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:34   #141
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I'm not

i cant count the times i send fleet went out and came home only to see my fleet dead *again*
I never said I was any good at it though

And no-one can crash fleet like Basher - he does it profesionally.

Quote:
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:49   #142
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well put rikard, despite everyone else has been saying the same thing maybe he will listen to a eX member

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 19:50   #143
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical
The forum is poisened anyways.. only look at who is green and who is red hehe... (except for some exceptions).
That's a sweeping generalisation which is also wrong. You could either ignore the rep points, or realise that those with green blobs don't use leet writing, nor call people f***ing noobs and the like. They also tend to try and be as unbiased as possible when having a discussion. You can't honestly say people like Maxmillion and robben1 are only neg repped because of what alliance they belong to. And before you talk about circle jerking, the rep system does counter that in the most part.

Quote:
Look, if you make the most posts on the forums you are not god of planetarion!
Is that so? Who is then? You?

Quote:
its not about how many green dots you get here, but its about who ends up high in the pa ranks. perhaps you guys (esp 1up) should start to realise that.
Just because politicians hold high ranking positions doesn't always mean they are good or competent politicans.

Quote:
Everyone plays hard and everyone wants to win. Whoever wins and whatever way apperently used all game features in the best way. Live with it, it has always been so and will always stay that way...
Lokken answered this best a few posts ago.

Quote:
All that people trying to do here is put others in a bad daylight.. i get sick of it. just play and stop the continueous bullshitting and bitching eachother alltho somethings could be based on facts our are realitiy. It doesnt really matter.
Another generalisation but like others have said, don't read it if you don't like it.

Quote:
edit: also who are you guys to decide for the rest of the community how the game should be! get a grip
Sorry, I play a game and the way someone else plays it, has a negative effect on my enjoyment of the game, can I not voice my opinion on the subject?

Quote:
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 20:02   #144
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
well put rikard, despite everyone else has been saying the same thing maybe he will listen to a eX member
Unlikely tbh :/ But for what it's worth rikard, the attempt was a good one
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 20:26   #145
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
That's a sweeping generalisation which is also wrong. You could either ignore the rep points, or realise that those with green blobs don't use leet writing, nor call people f***ing noobs and the like. They also tend to try and be as unbiased as possible when having a discussion. You can't honestly say people like Maxmillion and robben1 are only neg repped because of what alliance they belong to. And before you talk about circle jerking, the rep system does counter that in the most part.
i cant negrep you... so your right with the circle jerking m8

and i thought i did quality posts that ppl really thought was important as they took the time to add various comments with the red dot

cheers
Unread 31 Dec 2005, 21:30   #146
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical
Lol chicka u are joking right, till 5/6 days before end of round we had angels/ND incomings for days... and also some 1ups who hitted us whole round, with max 3 days exception. Doesnt matter if we play or not play a round. It is a game we decide what we want. The forum is poisened anyways.. only look at who is green and who is red hehe... (except for some exceptions). Look, if you make the most posts on the forums you are not god of planetarion! its not about how many green dots you get here, but its about who ends up high in the pa ranks. perhaps you guys (esp 1up) should start to realise that. Everyone plays hard and everyone wants to win. Whoever wins and whatever way apperently used all game features in the best way. Live with it, it has always been so and will always stay that way...

You see one of the few qualitiy posts and people get banned for it.

Despite my bias - try see beyond it - I'd consider it one of those posts thats "right on", if your gonna ban someone everytime they try get on to say it - I guess we're just stuck in this shithole. :P

May all your future roids lokken, belong to Myst - I doubt he cares much of that ban, this is the first post I ever saw him make, but shows your "professinonalism" as an AD mod - and you prove once again you get just as pissed off as everyone down here on AD, which you have shown several times.

So tell us, did you ban him for offending\pissing people off - or did he just that "right on" spot?

With this atttitude I'm just glad EXil stays out every 2nd round (this is more or less a coincidence though - all depending on our mightfull leader - cause the other HCs just to inactive) - I hope EXil stays out of r18 whatever thats gonna be and it'll piss you off just as much then as it does now. And may your roids belong to Mystical, he did some really nice fleetassigns on ND this round - I'm sure he think they were all wortwhile now

All in all, just a big ?-mark around that ban.

Unread 31 Dec 2005, 23:02   #147
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
You see one of the few qualitiy posts and people get banned for it.

Despite my bias - try see beyond it - I'd consider it one of those posts thats "right on", if your gonna ban someone everytime they try get on to say it - I guess we're just stuck in this shithole. :P

May all your future roids lokken, belong to Myst - I doubt he cares much of that ban, this is the first post I ever saw him make, but shows your "professinonalism" as an AD mod - and you prove once again you get just as pissed off as everyone down here on AD, which you have shown several times.

So tell us, did you ban him for offending\pissing people off - or did he just that "right on" spot?

With this atttitude I'm just glad EXil stays out every 2nd round (this is more or less a coincidence though - all depending on our mightfull leader - cause the other HCs just to inactive) - I hope EXil stays out of r18 whatever thats gonna be and it'll piss you off just as much then as it does now. And may your roids belong to Mystical, he did some really nice fleetassigns on ND this round - I'm sure he think they were all wortwhile now

All in all, just a big ?-mark around that ban.
As ever, whenever i ban someone's mate, someone plays the political card. If there's a surefire way to piss a mod off it's either to say that you're deliberately trying to get a rise out of people, or simply saying AD's cack, all this discussion is pointless. Either one gets you banned for being plain derogatory to the users of this forum. Mystical jumped through the second hoop pretty successfully.

The fact that your account is still open is down to the fact that you are trying to get a rise out of me as moderator on this forum rather than anyone else. I have to be open to all criticism, meaning I have to put up with people's cack when they argue about being banned, usually when they bring politics into the equation, when politics had nothing to do with it whatsoever. Mystical is a good BC is he? Good for him. He could be Sid for all I care, he's still banned.

You see, Skyhead - what you've got to differentiate between are "posts you disagree with" and "posts that are objectively shit". Mystical's post is in category 2, simply because it was derogatory to the forum as a whole and basically said no one was entitled to an opinion, with everything settled in game - so I just obliged, Mystical can sort stuff out in game from now on, if he wants to say AD is rubbish no one should post. Rikard keeps to the rules, and makes good posts. HK keeps to the rules, and makes good posts. Most people are pretty sensible when they get banned on a first offence, and get unbanned near immediately.

All i've offered in this thread is an objective analysis over whether exilition are better than 1up. I simply highlighted several factors in either alliance's favour, and came to the conclusion that 1up are still superior on an all time basis. All exilition want to do is neg rep me and call me lame and bitter for heaven forbid not rating them as god's gift to planetarion, when they don't offer any substantial counter argument to what i've put forward. I haven't said by any stretch that they weren't the best alliance of round 15, nor have I said that they didn't deserve to win.

Anything else relating to this topic, i've made in the posts above. I can't be bothered to go over it again. If you've got any further questions, you're welcome to take it to PM with me.
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 01:39   #148
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
Rikard keeps to the rules, and makes good posts
i been banned once tho ^_^

Unread 1 Jan 2006, 04:20   #149
BigP
Viper Wh0re

BigP is on a distinguished road

The thing is, I played a hard round, my galaxy won r15 but only by me and others getting up repeatedly in the middle of the night to send defence.

I won a credit.

What is the point of playing this game lol
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 11:22   #150
Stifler

Quote:
i been banned once tho ^_^
that was his point, you got banned and now you keep to the rules and make good posts

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Closed Thread