User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 May 2005, 18:52   #1
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Culture of respect

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4554179.stm

Im confused, what do i have to do salute every passing policeman?
Unread 17 May 2005, 18:59   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Culture of respect

only after you show them your ID card
Unread 17 May 2005, 19:03   #3
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Whatever "respect" means, it obviously doesn't extend to respecting another person's right to have views you disagree with (*cough* Incitement to Religious Hatred Bill *cough*).

Also, I love these two:

Quote:
Compensation Bill

A bill to discourage the "compensation culture" in the law courts.
Quote:
NHS Redress Bill

Sets up a new authority to allow patients to claim compensation for mistakes made by NHS hospitals.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 19:07   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Young man, I hear you and your friends are stealing goods. But you don't even send a dress to my house. No respect! You know I've got three daughters. This is my neighborhood. You and your friends should show me some respect. You should let me wet my beak a little. I hear you and your friends cleared $600 each. Give me $200 each, for your own protection. And I'll forget the insult. You young punks have to learn to respect a man like me! Otherwise the cops will come to your house. And your family will be ruined. Of course, if I'm wrong about how much you stole, I'll take a little less. And by less, I only mean - a hundred bucks less. Now don't refuse me. Understand, paisan? Understand, paisan?... Tell your friends I don't want a lot. Just enough to wet my beak. Don't be afraid to tell them!
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 23:13   #5
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Culture of respect

I thought Respect only got about 2% of the vote?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 00:41   #6
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is why you have to have a little respect

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/4554611.stm
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 00:54   #7
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
John Carroll, 34, who witnessed the incident, said youths were a problem in the area but his brother "refused to let them get away with it".
'unprovoked attack' my arse.
Unread 18 May 2005, 01:10   #8
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
This is why you have to have a little respect

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/4554611.stm
It's time to pay the bill after Thatcher.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 01:34   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From this article

"I just keep remembering seeing Phil on the floor looking as though he was dying. Thankfully where he is now, at least he has got a fighting chance."

Oh the irony!!!
Unread 18 May 2005, 03:50   #10
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

we all know that the bill enforcing 'respect' only go to the heads of the police. Who are just going to PISS the normal public off.

I'm just going to get fined more for swearing
Unread 18 May 2005, 07:37   #11
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
"They are feral, have no parental control or respect for anybody and are often fuelled by alcohol."
That sounds like one of my robot dreams.
Unread 18 May 2005, 10:02   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Respect is to be earned, and can not be forced with rules or laws.
Unread 18 May 2005, 10:52   #13
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Respect is to be earned, and can not be forced with rules or laws.
Yes, that's the problem our Dear Leader is trying to solve.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 18 May 2005, 15:25   #14
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Blair can go f'k himself. The hypocrite wanker has no respect for the population.

WMD my arse

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 18:28   #15
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You cannot legislate for this type of crap. It is not up to the goernment to make people respectful. People are so ****ing lazy and ignorant these days it makes me sick. People should learn some ****ing responsibility and stop expecting the government to do everything. You cannot legislate common sense.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 18:56   #16
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

police state
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:16   #17
Yahwe
I am.

there isn't a problem

there is a perception of a problem.

a perception of a problem harms nothing but election results.
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:16   #18
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the government can't realy do anything to solve this problem (short of conscription) as it is part of the problem. People don't respect the government, other people or themselves. If chidren are not taught respect at home then there is little that can be done.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:20   #19
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
there isn't a problem

there is a perception of a problem.

a perception of a problem harms nothing but election results.
What about the psychological effect on those who feel there is a problem and act accordingly?
Is this not a problem in itself?
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:28   #20
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
What about the psychological effect on those who feel there is a problem and act accordingly?
Is this not a problem in itself?
its a very easily solved 'problem'
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:29   #21
All Systems Go

Quote:
its a very easily solved 'problem'
How so?
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:33   #22
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
How so?
you make it clear that there is no problem.

its like when children worry about being eaten by zombies. you can, if you choose build the child a large zombie killing ray gun and organise 24 hour zombie patrols.

or you can tell them zombies aren't real
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:36   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you think zombies aren't real you clearly haven't attended a BNP meeting yahwe.
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:37   #24
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
If you think zombies aren't real you clearly haven't attended a BNP meeting yahwe.
I think Skiddy has.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:41   #25
All Systems Go

Quote:

its like when children worry about being eaten by zombies. you can, if you choose build the child a large zombie killing ray gun and organise 24 hour zombie patrols.

or you can tell them zombies aren't real
Seems sinple than it actually is. When there are people saying there is a problem and others saying there isn't, it's a lot harder. If the government aren't seen to be doing something they are accused of ignoring the problem or sweeping it under the carpet. People want to believe things are getting worse and that things havn't always been this shit.
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:49   #26
Yahwe
I am.

when was the last time a poltician said that there wasn't a problem?
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:54   #27
All Systems Go

Quote:
when was the last time a poltician said that there wasn't a problem?
Quote:
How do you make it clear there is no problem? the only way to do it on a large-scale is either through the media or the government. the media won't do it as trouble sells papers. the government can't do it as the media will say they are sweeping it unde the carpet.

the problem is not as simple to solve as you have concluded.
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:57   #28
Yahwe
I am.

the problem is precisely as simple to solve as i have said.

the fact that no one has decided to solve it, or is willing to solve it, is an entirely different point.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:03   #29
All Systems Go

Quote:
the problem is precisely as simple to solve as i have said.

the fact that no one has decided to solve it, or is willing to solve it, is an entirely different point.
then it makes the situation harder. If everyone tried to solve the problem then it eould be easier, but they don't. In the real world things are more complex and simple solutions are so easy to implement which makes the problem more complex than you are implying.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:15   #30
Yahwe
I am.

merely because nobody wants to solve the problem, that doesn't affect the ease of the solution

it just means the problem will not be solved
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:18   #31
All Systems Go

Having just wtched the Downfall I would have to say, no.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:19   #32
All Systems Go

Quote:
merely because nobody wants to solve the problem, that doesn't affect the ease of the solution

it just means the problem will not be solved
Your solution is so far detached from reality it becmes pointless.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:41   #33
Yahwe
I am.

its not 'detached from reality'

stop being silly

its something that could easily be done. it just hasn't been done yet

we wouldn't be talking about it if it had been done already.
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:44   #34
All Systems Go

Quote:
its not 'detached from reality'

stop being silly

its something that could easily be done. it just hasn't been done yet

we wouldn't be talking about it if it had been done already.
to impliment your solution, you would need to change the entire ethos of the media. that is not easy. Lots of things would be easy if everyone tried to fix it, but they don't. therefore the question becomes more complex as you have to change more than the original problem. If you don't take this into consideration then you solution becomes worthless as you aren't looking at the whole picture.
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:00   #35
Yahwe
I am.

my solution would work perfectly well with just the politicians saying it.
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:11   #36
All Systems Go

Quote:
my solution would work perfectly well with just the politicians saying it.
I don't think it would. Like I previousl said the media would have a field day. the politician saying there is no problem would get attacked from all side by the press, the opposition party and anyone who feels like moaning. People would not listen and the 'problem' would continue.
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:17   #37
Yahwe
I am.

if a political party (politicians are in those you see) told the truth and said there was no problem, in order to criticise an opposition party would need some evidence

then we would have a debate

in parliament (which is what it used to be used for before it was just a backdrop to peter snow)

then the truth would be clear. problem solved.

then any newspaper claiming otherwise could be officially sanctioned or castigated.

anyhoo

my original proposition was that there is no problem and thus the solution is easy and clear.

you don't appear to have grasped that.
Unread 18 May 2005, 21:25   #38
All Systems Go

But whether or not there is more or less respect is purely a matter of opinion. It cannot be shown emperically therefore a debate would be pointless. If you went by increases in anti-social behaviour then the opposition would be in a better position.
Unread 19 May 2005, 09:30   #39
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
i think empirical data on anti-social behaviour is what he was refring to, seeing as that is th link with respect already established - i.e. if politicians said "it really isn't that huge of a statistic"
It can work the other way as well. the opposition would go on about how the level of anti-social behaviour has gone up in x number of years. Statistics can be used to prove anything you want.
Unread 19 May 2005, 09:37   #40
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

lies, damned lies, and statistics.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 19 May 2005, 10:16   #41
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Just further ramblings of a retarded Government who have run out of ideas, assuming they ever had any in the first place. You voted Labour, you got the Tories I hope you're proud of yourselves.
If I had the Tories I'd be happy.
Unread 19 May 2005, 12:23   #42
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

can i now attempt to sum up this thread by going...

"ooooh! moral panic!"

yes, its scary what a little education can do
Unread 19 May 2005, 13:28   #43
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
i don't disagree, i was merely trying point out what mr.grumpy was saying

I understand what he is saying, but he is still wrong.
Unread 19 May 2005, 14:01   #44
All Systems Go

Quote:
What IS anti-social behaviour?
Whatever you want it to be. that is part of the poblem.

It could be ASBOs, drunk and disorderly, assault levels, the number of young offenders, kids weaeing hoodies and hanging around in groups etc

there is no real problem which makes it harder to solve as nothing can really be done. Although there does seem to be a greater lack of respect it is seemingly true with every generation. People romanticise the past so much that they believe that they used to live in paridise and it is oly this generation that has lost the plot.
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:47   #45
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Whatever you want it to be. that is part of the poblem.
then how do we have a problem?
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:59   #46
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

This has probably been the worst politics thread I've ever read on GD, fulled by a bad choice of words.... 'culture of respect'....

What the government need to do is to improve the quality of life, oppitunities, environment and an effective police service in these run-down little-britainesq estates (more so than they're currently doing).

'culture of respect' just winds up the same people who have hissy fits when the Daily Mail tells them they can't say something because it's politically incorrect.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2005, 10:49   #47
All Systems Go

Quote:
then how do we have a problem?
the problem is that people believe that there is a problem. You cannot solve this problem as the goverment is not going to put their neck on the line and say there is no problem. this is then a problem that has to be overcome before the original problem could be solved.
Unread 20 May 2005, 12:11   #48
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Ministers have announced a new task force to tackle the culture of disrespect and unruly behaviour in schools.

The group, made up of teachers and heads who are experts in school discipline, will advise the Government on how to improve standards of behaviour.

One key part of their work will be to make sure parents take responsibility for the way their children behave, the Department for Education and Skills said.
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...s.topheadlines
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 20 May 2005, 13:34   #49
All Systems Go

Quote:
Well the Government were the ones who told everyone there was a problem in the first place. Where do you think all that CCTV footage of kids walking around comes from?
When did the government say that?
Unread 20 May 2005, 14:17   #50
All Systems Go

But this idea of a lack of respect isn't a new idea. It was there before he was saying about it. things such as the recent documentary about kids causing all hell in schools are a contributing factor. I feel that this is more like a preemptive strike.