User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Apr 2005, 18:44   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
moving

moving kinda sucks eh?
try doing it with a bummed knee
good news is i hired movers to do it for me \o/ bad news is i gotta get all the boxes ready for them. originally i put all my boxes downstairs (before i hurt my knee) and now we've decided to bring them upstairs to the kitchen so it's easier for the movers to get them (and faster too.. which = less $$) unfortunately even though 'we' decided to move them.. 'i'm' the one who gets to do it.
so picture me taking baby steps up and down t he stairs (my knee doesn't bend fully yet) one box at a time. it's exhausting
ah well.. i suppose in the end it'll be worth it. i can't wait to move into my own apartment only 3 more sleeps!

anyway.. the point was that the guy i called figured it'll take the movers 4 hours to do this... which i highly doubt. it should take them 2 hours tops. so what are some tips to make them go faster to m ake sure they're not over the 2 hours i'm expecting? a friend suggested i buy them lunch cause that makes them happy.. but they're coming around 3-4 in the afternoon so that wouldn't work. i'm thinking maybe coffee and donuts.
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 19:04   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: moving

I find standing over them with a slight sneer and false politeness usually helps.

sometimes i fold my arms.

be forcefull without being aggressive and try not to physically move a lot.

you've got to learn to deal with staff, these are temporary staff and the rules above apply to them, permanent staff, shared staff and daily's all have their own approaches.
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 19:05   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

just make them plenty cups of tea and some biscuits, should do the job!
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 19:08   #4
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

well at f irst i was gonna put my big brace on and hobble around in crutches... thinkin maybe they'd feel sorry for me. but then i realized that prolly wouldn't work.. they'd just work slower cause they know i can't help them speed up. people like taking advantage of the disabled!
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 19:11   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its firmness you need.

not sympathy and definately not bribery.

you aren't trying to make friends you are trying to speed up work, it doesn't matter what these people think of you.

so watch them. constantly. don't faff never ever ever offer to help. just watch them and create a slightly frosty atmosphere. they will double their efforts without knowing why.

PS. if they're chatting. they're not working.
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 19:27   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Be friendly and act like you care about them.

Yahwe is wrong!

Ask them if they're hungry or if they'd fancy a drink.
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 19:40   #7
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Stand near them the whole time, coughing and spluttering and making mumbled apologies about how you think you may have SARS and how you hope they don't catch it.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 20:54   #8
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I find standing over them with a slight sneer and false politeness usually helps.

sometimes i fold my arms.

be forcefull without being aggressive and try not to physically move a lot.

you've got to learn to deal with staff, these are temporary staff and the rules above apply to them, permanent staff, shared staff and daily's all have their own approaches.

Okay Aryn forget this unless you live in a world which resembles a bad cliché black and white movie from the late thirties. It won't work and probably you would end up with broken stuff and a note saying 'BITCH' stuck to your back.

Just show you care, help them as much as possible without getting in their way, and express the fact that without them you would have a pile of boxes and a problem.

Ofcourse, (I've done this often with success) you could simulate a phonecall that puts pressure on your schedule, and offer to tip them if they finish before a certain time.

Twelve years ago I would just ask friends over and put a shitload of cocaine on the table. It's aggressive and stupid but your boxes will fly out like they had wings.

Last edited by xtrasyn; 26 Apr 2005 at 21:01.
xtrasyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 21:19   #9
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
offer to tip them if they finish before a certain time.
The win-win.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 21:28   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: moving

Put on comedy glasses and shoot at them.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 01:55   #11
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:

Okay Aryn forget this unless you live in a world which resembles a bad cliché black and white movie from the late thirties. It won't work and probably you would end up with broken stuff and a note saying 'BITCH' stuck to your back.
she's paying them to do a job....

they have to do it ...

if they break things then they compensate her ...

I live in a world of logic and order not paranoia and working class inadequacy.
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 01:58   #12
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
I would just ask friends over
see this is where my problem lies.. :\
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 02:06   #13
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hire an actor dressed like a police officer to play as your brother who just happened to stop by while they were moving your stuff.
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 02:09   #14
Aryn
Happy

lol
they're prolly gonna cost around $100 so i won't have much money left over for fun stuff like taht

though i was just thinking how funny i'd be to load up a box of those fake plastic spiders and have the bottom fall out a bit when they picked it up
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 02:11   #15
Yahwe
I am.

when canada gave birth to mike myers, its fair to say that he got all the funny.
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 02:30   #16
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

just ask your friends to help you move. You can't have much funiture as you are moving from a shared residence. Then make yoru friends lunch as you were planning for the movers. Simple.
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 04:35   #17
Aryn
Happy

i was hinting at the fact that i don't have any friends.
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 07:01   #18
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unread 28 Apr 2005, 09:44   #19
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Well, you should probably go with the make them lunch idea. I know I would really appreciate that. Cause technically you don't have to do that.
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 09:46   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
i don't have any friends.
Why not?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 11:50   #21
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
i was hinting at the fact that i don't have any friends.
you have me.

<3
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 14:19   #22
Aryn
Happy

ok i lied
i have friends... i just don't have friends with trucks.
and as fun as it would be to make 20 trips with a couple little cars... not sure how i'd be moving my desk/bookcase/couch with a car :P

also my friends are shit and are conviniently busy t hat day. well.. one friend said she'd c ome help.. but she has a habit of not showing up, or being 3 hours late... so... :\

my mom was like 'don't get the movers anything.. if you were moving a whole house maybe.. but you don't have th at much stuff' :\
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 02:19   #23
Aryn
Happy

k guys.. i'll be offline for a week or so.. don't miss me too much :P
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 02:20   #24
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
k guys.. i'll be offline for a week or so.. don't miss me too much :P
<3

gl with moving etc
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 03:48   #25
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Having a decomposing body in the bathtub usually makes people eager to get things done quickly and get the **** out.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 04:12   #26
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bye Aryn, gl.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 01:18   #27
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I just moved recently.

Got a mate to help me out, borrowed a Toyota Hiace for 24 hours.
Worked perfectly, including a trip to IKEA to get some bookshelfs.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 01:39   #28
Yahwe
I am.

you simply scream good taste