User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Mar 2008, 19:41   #1
Deathrow

Deathrow is on a distinguished road
Construction, Government, Pop and Production compared to rounds back?

Hi

Ive come back to pa after a rather long break and i have been reading the forums a bit to get back into the game but i have some questions left still that i hope some of you want to answer

One of the biggest changes i noticed is that 1 factory of each isnt enough anymore to pump out ships. I was wondering how this affects the buildorder of facilities and especially how this affects the early game, ie.
how many medium factories do i need to get out a first attack fleet as zik and how many ticks would that approx take?
And how many factories later on to keep producing efficient?

Population seems to be almost the same as engineering was, so i guess a mix of mining/res/constr early on will work? I also read somewhere it might be better to set your government later on because of research delays?

Not asking anyone to crunch all the numbers for me cuz im lazy just wondering if some of you can give some general insights so my comeback will be a bit smoother

Greets and good luck in r26,

Deathrow
Deathrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 19:58   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Construction, Government, Pop and Production compared to rounds back?

Early on you dont need more than a few factories. I tend to stop at about 5-7 of each fact unless there is a specific class i produce way more of(hello xan fi\co).

Mining\res\cons is indeed the most common. Later in the round you might want to focus on security aswell as production for when you get incs.