User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 3 Jul 2005, 01:29   #301
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
Re: Twelve

Nature
Rofellos was becomming somewhat frustrated with the Council. If they wanted to test him, why force him to wander around in smelly sewage plants looking for each of them.

"I may be a nature mage, but trudging through this ex-nature is not fun."

He had been running along the passage for about a minute when he saw its open out. He strode purposely out into the light at the end of the tunnel, ready to face whatever came his way, whatever the challenge might be, and whatever might be waiting. Or so he thought. Instead of finding another grimy pumping station as before, he found himself standing at the mouth of a river that wound its way into a heavy, impenetrable jungle. He heard the call of a macaw in the distance. He looked up, wondering how in the name of Gaia this all fitted inside the cramped confines of the labyrinth, and found that it didn't. The ceiling appeared to be absent, presumed missing. In its place, only blue sky remained. Suddenly, distracting him from the spectacle before him, Rofellos heard splashing behind him. Someone was following him through the tunnel...

Fire
Jasmine was rapidly becomming of the opinion that it would be best to burn he Drago Will into tiny little cinders at the earliest oppurtunity. It was not proving to be a helpful item. She decided for once to let fate decide what would befall her, and charged ahead of Warder, trying to stay alert for potential pitfalls. Frankly, given her track record, trusting in fate wasn't the most obvious thing to do. It seemed to work though, as every footfall took her closer to her goal. Probably. There was a flash of light in front of her. Jasmine half expected to be incinerated on the spot, and found that she was beginning to not want that to happen. The momentary scare was unjustified though, as the light was merely a holo-projector of some kind. In the air in front of her hovered an angelic, shimmering and beautiful as all angelics were.

"I am Esriel, or at least a projection of his essence. If you are seeing this then Concentrics must be on the tip of destruction. You see, if the station were to fall into the wrong hands, those of Ragnarok's minions for example, then all worlds could fall. I will answer any questions as best I can, but I suggest that you hurry and leave this place if you do not wish to fall with it."

Warder skidded to a halt next to her and adjusted his suit, making it seem like he had never been running at all. He seemed content to let Jasmine take the lead.

Magic
Gokan couldn't be sure, but he thought he recognised the figure he was chasing. He wasn't quite sure where he had seen him before, but he was certain that they had met recently, even if it was only breifly. Perhaps seeing the elf's face properly would trigger his memory. The elf certainly hadn't seen or heard Gokan, so a little pursuit would be neccessary. Baldur was fairly confident he could keep up though, his training had offered him a little stamina. The tunnel the elf had taken was dank and dark, sewage flowing through it back to the treatment works. It wasn't a long tunnel though, and Gokan soon found himself catching his quarry, who had stopped where the tunnel opened out. Opened out, it seemed, into open air! Baldur saw a forrest of trees, strangely of huge variety, from palm trees to great redwoods, all lining the banks of the flowing water, which became less polluted looking the further into the trees it was. It felt wierd, and not just for the obvious reasons. He could feel the buzz of strong enchantment in the air, but Gokan had never seen any magical doing like this. The tunnel system couldn't possibley be big enough for this normally. It was an amazing spectrum of ife crushed into a volume less than half its proper size. Baldur splashed up to the elf, and was about to say something to him, when the elf turned to look at him...

Technology
For a few seconds after Tex activated Pinky's jamming field, it seemed like nothing had happened. None of the sentinels hit the core or the walls, they just kept flying. Then Tex noticed something. He didn't have a smoking hole in his chest, that meant he hadn't been spotted at least, but clearly the sentinels were programmed with where the fixed objects in the room were. A bright red beam lanced out. It was a random shot, but it was close enough to cause Tex to duck, or recieve a haircut he would never forget. Or live through. He dived for the console, hoping that, as a vital piece of equipment, the sentinels would be programmed not to shoot at it. After diving over another beam and deftly sidestepping a low flying guard robot, he reached the terminal. Fortunately, it wasn't locked. An oversight on the security's part perhaps, or maybe the AI was trying to give him a helping hand. Either way, Tex didn't care, as he had to work fast. Tapping commands in, he tried to return the AI back to its all, less vicious setting. Fortunatey, again, it didn't seem like that difficult a process, just hit the right buttons and... a sentinel swooped towards him. Tex hit the button, waiting for the robot to hit him, realise what it hit and open fire. Instead, it bumped lightly into the thief and serene voice spoke.

"Regular operations restored."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics

Last edited by Planetkiller II; 3 Jul 2005 at 02:46.
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 14:00   #302
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
Fire
Jasmine was rapidly becomming of the opinion that it would be best to burn he Drago Will into tiny little cinders at the earliest oppurtunity. It was not proving to be a helpful item. She decided for once to let fate decide what would befall her, and charged ahead of Warder, trying to stay alert for potential pitfalls. Frankly, given her track record, trusting in fate wasn't the most obvious thing to do. It seemed to work though, as every footfall took her closer to her goal. Probably. There was a flash of light in front of her. Jasmine half expected to be incinerated on the spot, and found that she was beginning to not want that to happen. The momentary scare was unjustified though, as the light was merely a holo-projector of some kind. In the air in front of her hovered an angelic, shimmering and beautiful as all angelics were.

"I am Esriel, or at least a projection of his essence. If you are seeing this then Concentrics must be on the tip of destruction. You see, if the station were to fall into the wrong hands, those of Ragnarok's minions for example, then all worlds could fall. I will answer any questions as best I can, but I suggest that you hurry and leave this place if you do not wish to fall with it."

Warder skidded to a halt next to her and adjusted his suit, making it seem like he had never been running at all. He seemed content to let Jasmine take the lead.
ooc: Why has no one responded to this eh?

*Jasmine was fuming. She didn't appreciate being caught off guard, especially by a hologram.*

"Yeah, I have a few... why is this place abandoned, why the hell does earth transit still run teleport services to this facility if it is abandoned, and what the bloody hell makes you think I could be one of Ragnarok's minions!?

Oh and while you're at it you might as well tell me the quickest way to this so called 'triple-C' from here..."

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 04:07   #303
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
waiting for gokan(/ooc)

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 02:53   #304
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
Magic
Gokan couldn't be sure, but he thought he recognised the figure he was chasing. He wasn't quite sure where he had seen him before, but he was certain that they had met recently, even if it was only breifly. Perhaps seeing the elf's face properly would trigger his memory. The elf certainly hadn't seen or heard Gokan, so a little pursuit would be neccessary. Baldur was fairly confident he could keep up though, his training had offered him a little stamina. The tunnel the elf had taken was dank and dark, sewage flowing through it back to the treatment works. It wasn't a long tunnel though, and Gokan soon found himself catching his quarry, who had stopped where the tunnel opened out. Opened out, it seemed, into open air! Baldur saw a forrest of trees, strangely of huge variety, from palm trees to great redwoods, all lining the banks of the flowing water, which became less polluted looking the further into the trees it was. It felt wierd, and not just for the obvious reasons. He could feel the buzz of strong enchantment in the air, but Gokan had never seen any magical doing like this. The tunnel system couldn't possibley be big enough for this normally. It was an amazing spectrum of ife crushed into a volume less than half its proper size. Baldur splashed up to the elf, and was about to say something to him, when the elf turned to look at him...
Baldur took a brief moment to look the elf over, he seemed very familiar, not that it was surprising, even after years of living amongst elves and sprites, they still all managed to look extremely similar. Suddenly it hits him.

"You were one of the summoned." he announces, somewhat matter-of-factly. He grins slightly sheepishly before continuing. "I suppose it's not exactly unexpected that some of us should meet."
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 11:27   #305
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
The name is Rofellos, I am a druid, or a Mage of Nature in the human tongue, and am questing to find one of twelve keys, or if possible, an sollution to the danger that treathens us all, so that we may all live when twelve hours have passed

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 16:22   #306
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Baldur frowned for a moment.

"Spoken like a Golem..." he sighed, then realised he'd failed to introduce himself. "Baldur Skurai Gokan... Arcane... Trouble Consultant, is probably the best title I can give."

Baldur looks around at their surroundings.

"There's so much enchantment here, it feels like I'm in the middle of a thunderstorm... You said you're a druid, right? Can you tell if these trees and stuff are real or illusion?"
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 18:00   #307
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

I can sense nothing unnatural about it, tough logic, and previous experiences in this maze tell me it's but an illusion, an illusion of extreme strenght tough... the powers of the counsilmembers is extraordinairy

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 06:27   #308
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

'Regular operations restored', that sounded promising. True, the sentinels were still hovering around and the tentacles were still waving about, but neither of them were currently trying to kill him and that was a good start, to say the least.

In the silence that followed, Tex could hear the angry shouting of men just outside the door: "Sergeant! Open this door immediately!" That door had been the only one in the room. Even though the AI had stopped attacking him, there was still a squadron of armed men he would need to deal with when he got out. He knew he didn't have much time left now. Before the AI override, the machine had spoken about giving him a chance so Tex decided to try and reason with the machine once more.

"Hello? Machine? Are you there?", Tex ventured. "Just now you said you'd give me a chance, remember? Does that mean you believe my story and you will help me to acquire the multitool? And ummm, there's also some very angry people behind that door. Is there another way out? A hidden entrance perhaps?"