User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 16 Mar 2005, 04:51   #301
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Cleansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
gark Two tiraks, big and muscular seps up to you

"Come with us"

Gorion does seem a tad insecure.
Gark blinked, he had assumed that Gorion was somewhere high up in the ranks of this enterprise. Though it seamed now that he was a mear grunt. Unless, of corse, the people here just genrally made Gorion uncomfortable.
The two Tiraks stood side by side making an impressive barrier. It seamed to Gark that there was no way passed them.
Gark turned to Gorion slowly and shot him a questioning look, then regarded the two tiraks with a sideways glance and said,
"but of corse sirs, I will be right behind you." Gark turned more to Gorion and muttered harshly under his breath to him, "Gorion is this right? Where are they taking us?"
Curse this Gorion it appears he is going to be of little help.
Gark made to move hoping that the Tiraks would take the lead and show the way rather than moving in behind so they could keep an eye on him. He might need to slip away and thats a little easier with no body watching you intently.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 11:54   #302
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Gark Gorion looks puzzled. As you start walking he turns and shouts at the tall man on the hill:

-What manner of a welcome is this? We have done business for ages, why do you seize us? I am sure lord Vicotnik will be most distressed if he finds out.

After stating the name of his master, Gorion looks more confident.

Fluffie

-Ofcourse sire, I will get you everything immedietly

Then your world stops as you can ehar the stranger accompanying the duck speak:

-What manner of a welcome is this? We have done business for ages, why do you seize us? I am sure lord Vicotnik will be most distressed if he finds out.

*Insert dramatic music here*

Jacob The first hellhound barely seem to notice the kick, tough it falls over, the next one comes leaping at you, impaling itself but you don't sidestep fast enough, his claws scratches your cheek as he passes and you feel pain. As the animal passes it is released from your blade and tumbles across the ground. The rest of the dogs seem to hesitate, cirkling the pair of you.

Älhjögg You start walking (DJ will make a post about it soon) and you soon reach the small valley were the ranger lives. You can actually see him, he is sitting on a log, carving arrows. He looks upa t you as you aproaches.

-Greetings, who are you?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 15:56   #303
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

His scimitar lashes out, barely avoiding anything and anyone in its path. It stops, mere milimetres away from the speaker's throat. Slowly his torso and head turn around too, a look filled with anger on his face. Hoping the bystanders would be wise enough to stand clear, his free hand clutches into a fist, ready to strike anyone that might interfere, anyone that might believe Vicotnik is his master too.

The fools. He'd cut them down, all of them, if he had to.

He speaks, his voice raw and angry, but loud and clear enough to be heard and taken seriously.

"You serve... Vicotnik? What about you, creature?"

He says the name with disgust and hate and he makes sure to be clearly adressing the duckling as he asks him his question.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 23:12   #304
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Vea fakes a smile as they return to the group, she just can't help but be annoyed by serious people. Her boredom beginning to onset again until she catches sight of the horse. She just LOVED animals, playing with them, for them, and talking to them. She just had a way with them that even she could never understand.
Giggling happily she dances a little on Volthar's shoulder eagar to get closer, reaching to pull out her harp. Strumming it a little she smiles as the horse turns his attention to her. She continues dancing on Volthar's shoulder as the horse follows her movements, becoming mesmerized as she raises her voice in song. The horse continues to follow her and her movements as they move along their journey, no matter where else the rider would wish to go. (sorry ND, Ark said i could to get us moving). Letting out giggles along the way, the horse whinining in response.
After a bit of travelling they come across the valley. Stopping her music suddenly she turns to face the ranger, looking at him seriously. She watches him, letting the others speak first as she tries to decide if he will be as boring as the rest.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 00:51   #305
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
turning to the other, Jacob smiled, well, grinned is more like it, and said

"well, I took care of the first two, these are for you"

hoping the guy would turn out to be a decent fighter himself, Jacob watched the hounds, sword at a ready to fend off attacks and to counterattack, as he rubbed the wound with his free hand

"I used to love dogs... think that has changed over night"

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 08:29   #306
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hewitt I have never written anything even remotly "animal erotic", I am not planning on doing it now

The dragoness allowes you to catch up and then starts to speak.

(in my imagionation, dragons use their voices, aswell as scent, bodylanguage and a touch of telepathy, but I will just use words, to simplify for the inferior human mind)

-What brings you to my domains stranger
ooc: lol

btw, I will try to incorporate those methods into my communication.

*Hewitt approaches as smoothly as possible so as not to express any sign of hostilty but more important is suppressing any scents of his desire for this beauty before him. Now was not the time to be starting off any mating cycle...

As Hewitt approaches he detects no fear. Good. The golden dragoness instead gives a slight curious glance back at him on a few occasions and to his own embarrassment thinks he might've detected a hint of amusement in those glances. So much for hiding any desire.*
Quote:
What brings you to my domains stranger
*Hewitt closes his eyes as the lovely mix of sound and essence passes through him. It feels like it's been far too long since his last proper disccussion with one of his kin - much more gratifying than talking to manlings.*

"I seek your guidance for I am troubled stranger. I retired to the purity of my domain untold cycles ago and have recently risen to discover I now share it with thousands of manlings and their 'city'."

*Hewitt's overly troubled feeling over more than a simple invasion of manlings echos through his speech and as such he is compelled to continue.*

"I spoke with one of them to ask why they were here and the manling spoke of disturbing things. He spoke of a union called the 'Moonthinge' ruled by some manling faction arrogantly calling themselves 'Dragonmasters'."

*Anger now begins to creep into Hewitt's consciousness.*

"Worse, he talked of some of our kin submitting themselves to these Dragonmasters! Even liking it! *Disgust mixes with anger.* I would've turned that manling into cinder for speaking of such things in my precense except... except..."

*Thoughts of the vision from before returns now and this causes Hewitt's fledging anger to falter then die back into the more troubled brooding from before.*

"I had a strong vision that reinforced what the manling spoke of. I was stunned and then determined to get to the bottom of this for I felt I maybe connected to this somehow. Manlings riding our kin... this is something I have to see before I can believe. So I set out for the place where the Dragonmasters are supposed to be."

*Hewitt looks up at the dragoness he is following for the inevitable question.*

"However, I detected your presence from eariler and decided to come here first and get the prespective from one of my kin before I confront these Dragonmasters. I fear any view from my brethren supposedly under the will of these manlings will be tainted, so I have come to you first. "

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 17:50   #307
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road

Älhjögg remains silent throughout the rest of the journey, walking with his eyes locked on teh ground for the most part, glancing upwards toward the sky once in a while. The butt of his spear taps into the ground with every other step he takes, the shield strapped to his back to let his arm rest by his side.

Coming upon the ranger's house, Älhjögg quirks a brow at the sight of the man. Who have they been traveling with so far, then?

Leaving it up to the others to introduce themselves, the Kar says: "My name is Älhjögg; I have been sent by the king. He wants us to travel into the Nidland - can you arrange this?"
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 11:05   #308
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Fluffie (I assume the duck will act soon....)

The man who spoke looks terribly unsure of himself

-O...ofcourse I do, the war is starting, you have to choose a side

Älhjögg, Volthar, Vea (you had been travelling with another ranger to show you the way here, a trick on my part to get you two rangers instead of one)

-Greeting I am Knolan, I jsut got the pigeon.

He smiles and caresses a white homingpigeon, who seems happy in his hands.

-We can leaver at once as long as....

He stops as he sees Vea.

-Oh my, I haven't seen one of your kind in ages, what are you doing with a bunch of warriors?

Jacob The man chuckles

-Ok then stranger.

He charges them with the rock in his hand, slamming it into the head of one of them, a sickening cracking sound is heard and the dog yelps. The other dog is quickly ontop of him, locking its jaws around his shoulder, the man screams and falls over, the dog releases the grip and looks like he is about to finish it

Hewitt

The dragoness gradually shift course so that she is heading southward...towards the dragonsmasters, meanwhile she tilts her head slightly and communicates once again.

-There is no need to fear the masters, but I seriously doubt that it would be wise to cross them, they are unrelenting in their efforts to stabilize this country.

She watches you for any reaction but continues all the same

-They fought in the war against the Tiraks, sending them back to their caves and caverns, they are the prtector of this land, and of us.

And they are not humans.

She suddenly widens her nostrils, and at the same time you smell it.

Cows.

As you both direct your eyes to the ground you spot them, a whole heard of cows, hearded by a couple of young boys.

-They are not for us brethren, they are protected undet he law of the Moon.
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 11:14   #309
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

a single, wellaimed stab with his sword oierces the last dog's skull, which is lifted up slightly by Jacob's arm, allowing the man to finnish it off if the dog was still alive, or throw it off if it was dead. Jacob then brought the man back to the inn, tended to his wounds, and paid for an extra room

right, now are you going to tell me what on earth that was all about?

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 12:15   #310
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

The tip of the scimitar flies forward, not far, but enough to stab the fool's throat half way through or something. Pulling his blade back, he quickly holds it in front of him, ready to defend or attack. He did not know who the duck was loyal to... He ignored the blood spraying around, he ignored the sounds the dying man was probably making. That man was history now and Fluffie had to focus on the future.

"How about you, duck?"
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 21:40   #311
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Finding the word an insult to his proffesion, huffing out a short breath in displeaure.
"Please I am no warrior who simply tries to learn the use of a weapon, I an traveler, musican, story teller, and dancer amongst other things. I much preffer a slow sonata or hardy play to vanquishing my foes and all that."
Volthar had little expereince with rangers thoguh he found them a lot more rustic and simple of life than he was used to, indeed they seemed to thrive amongst the plants and dirt and animals. Though he ahd come across a few urban rangers during his early years exploring the cities, they seemed far removed from their wild brethrens.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 01:25   #312
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Vea watches the man carefully, slowly warming up to him. The way he cared for the pidgon was a welcome sight. She peeks out from behind Volthar as the rangers speaks to her. Her was curiostiy peeked now. So few people had actually known of her kind, usually they thought she was just some sort of beast or worse. Smiling a little she coos at the pidgon before responding to the question, her hands placed determined like on her hips.
"It wasn't by choice I'll tell you. Warriors are always too stuffy!" She glances about the group.
"But I travel wherever he does. it's always so much fun" Vea giggles a little as she tugs on Volthar's hair playfully

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 23 Mar 2005 at 20:47.
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 11:27   #313
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Volthars expression turning somber and bleak at the tugging, speaking in a more melodic and calm tone this time from his previous abrupt outburst.
"On the other hand I dont know why she follows me, but trying to part company is nye on
impossible"
Shifting his eyes back and forth in an odd manner a few times, looking around suspicously at everyone else setting his eyes on the ranger last of all, breaking into a sudden cout of words.
"Yes well now back to the business at hand"
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 11:44   #314
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg lets his attention wander for a while as the others chatter on, looking aroudn at the surroundings. He can't see any hut, but figures the ranger must have a cottage somewhere further into the forest. Looking back at the others, he speaks up: "Yes, well I suppose we can talk on our feet. How about we set off and get as far as possible before it gets dark?"
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 04:33   #315
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

ooc/hmm i cant quote all the stuff that is happening around me/occ

Gorion was dead if not now then soon, there was no way that he was important as Gark had once thought.

Ick this is a situation, if only i could see passed these bustling people and find an escape

"how about you duck?"

Gark was torn from his thoughts by the words that the monster brandishing his sword spoke. Gark came out of his almost daydreaming state and reguarded (fluffie) it was as though he was deciding what to do with Gark. He saw the way the other Tirak looked at him, slightly and uncomfotable and uncertain of what was going to happen next. The Tirak also looked at Gark, a look full of hate. Gark had to choose his words carefully. With a bow he said,

"Gark at your service sire. I'm certain you will enlighten me of what exactly is happening here?"

I must have frozen as I seam to have missed something important here methinks

Last edited by Kal'rek; 24 Mar 2005 at 04:45. Reason: appears that i missed some dm that was for me!
Kal'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 15:10   #316
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

I am no Tirak, I am human. Ish. I look like one, at least. May have not been entirely clear though

//

At least the duck knew to address him as a superior, that was something. He hadn't answered the question concerning Vicotnik though.

"Do you serve the magician, Vicotnik?"
Unread 25 Mar 2005, 01:09   #317
Kal'rek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
At least the duck knew to address him as a superior, that was something. He hadn't answered the question concerning Vicotnik though.

"Do you serve the magician, Vicotnik?"
"Well Sire, last I heard he was going to wipe out my race, a thing I couldn't understand. The annihilation of a whole race? I wanted to meet this Vicotnik or at least see some of his operation before I picked a side. I also am sure that in the employ of Vicotnik I could be very desruptive to his opperation." Gark paused for a second and swallowed. He needed to say a definate yes or no.
"Though what I have seen of his outfit so far..." Gark toed the colapsed form of Gorion, "He seams to want more of the muscle than the brains. And I'll have to say that I would never serve this Vicotnik unless I was a means to his war's end."

What have you done? You're not ready for a war! But you have just signed yourself up for one! Gark thought to himself while feeling slightly sick in the stomache. He could only wait to see what this strange monster was going to do with him. He thought suddnely about his blow-pipe he had concealed from the guards. If these people found that he had smuggled it in, they might have him killled just for that.
Unread 25 Mar 2005, 11:56   #318
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Jacob The man sighs as he looks at the carcasses

-Such beautiful creatures...what a waste

He follows you to the in and sits down on your bed as you clean his wounds. As the bucket of water grows redder and the wound goes cleaner he starts to talk.

-Judge Omákh crossed the mountains yesterday.

As you raise an eyebrow he continues

-Omákh is the second in command, just after Vicotnik the Archmage. he is the commander in chief of the army and airfleet. Yesterday he torched the fortress guarding the biggest pass, they bombed the nearby towns and unnameable creatures now hunts the countryside. I was lucky I was only hunted down by some hellhounds, tough I lost my sword after just a few minutes of fighting, if you hadn't arrived I would have been dead. I owe you my life stranger.

He raises his head, his face is now lit up by a bright smile.

-I am Koke, royal emmisary, may I inquire about your name?

Fluffie, Gark Gorion falls to the ground grunting and hissing, clutching Fluffies arm before being suffocated by his own blood. The tiraks all step back toa void being sprayed, it does seem like the violence is getting to them, their leader broken down, incapacitated for life, and this emissary slain in cold blood, AFTER revealing the name of his master. Things are not as they should.

They give way to both the duck and their new master, curious, yet afraid.

Seconds pass as Gorion twithes one last time and then lies still. The closes tiraks move slightly so that they wont stand in the pool of blood he is creating.

Suddenly you hear a faint voice, someone wants to speak but seems incapable of gathering the apropriate courage.

-Ehum...ehum....master?

It is a smaller tirak, he has a crossbow in his hand, tough not loaded and a quiver with bolts by his hip.

-What, what do you want to do? Vicotnik will not like this

---------
(finally you people have me smiling! And Kal'Rek, your newbiestatus is not showing, you gain posrep for these posts)

Älhjögg, Vea, Volthar The ranger rises, releasing the pigeon who cirkles, hooing and then heads for the trees, dissapearing.

The ranger seems to have been awaiting you, ready to leave, his backpack is quickly on his back, longbow on its side and quiver by the hip.

He smiles as if he was meeting old friends.

He focuses on Älhjögg.

-Ofcourse it is time to leave.

He leads on.

-Any suggestions? What is your mission?
Unread 25 Mar 2005, 17:00   #319
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hewitt

The dragoness gradually shift course so that she is heading southward...towards the dragonsmasters, meanwhile she tilts her head slightly and communicates once again.

-There is no need to fear the masters, but I seriously doubt that it would be wise to cross them, they are unrelenting in their efforts to stabilize this country.

She watches you for any reaction but continues all the same

-They fought in the war against the Tiraks, sending them back to their caves and caverns, they are the prtector of this land, and of us.

And they are not humans.

She suddenly widens her nostrils, and at the same time you smell it.

Cows.

As you both direct your eyes to the ground you spot them, a whole heard of cows, hearded by a couple of young boys.

-They are not for us brethren, they are protected undet he law of the Moon.
*Hewitt looks down at the cows and then remembers the oxen from earlier. He decides he likes cows... but on the verge of screwing these so called 'laws' and diving down for a tasty snack he holds himslef back and reconsiders. After all we wouldn't want to offend this fair creature nearby now would we? Still Hewitt watches the herd hungrily.*

*sigh* No point in being greedy...

*Hewitt draws his view away from the cowherd and back towards the dragoness.*

"Well I must admit the fact that these dragonmasters are not mere manlings does relieve me a little. Still, I do not understand why we should have to serve them let alone need there protection. We pose no threat to this 'country' so why demean us so? I am sorry but I am having a hard time accepting that my once freedom loving brethren allow themselves to be ruled by one not of their kin, even if it is supposedly for a good cause..."

*Hewitt thinks back again to the vision from earlier. The shadow on his mind consumes much from before his slumber but with all this talk of dragonmasters, moonthinges and these 'Laws of the moon' Hewitt finds himself remembering a few tantalising tid bits, like when he was standing outside of his cave listening to three moonthinge ask him to do something for them, and some obsure situation involving an evil baron and another time later when he was standing amongst some unknown mountains listening to a fell voice on the wind...

(Added those bits because I'm starting to remember more of the story from before. Correct where necessary )

Hewitt shook his head, then re-focused back on the task of flying. He soon found that during his little memory digging he had wandered of a bit from the dragoness and rather embarrisingly clawed back at the air and closed the gap between himself and the fair golden creature.*

"In any case I will not make any rash moves for now until I know enough to justify it. You seem to know much of these dragonmasters, I would ask kindly if you could lead me to them... there are some things I feel that only they can explain."

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 04:09   #320
Kal'rek

ooc/ Thanks Ark, i do try :P I think its cos im playign a duck!/ooc
Gark was still unsure as to what was going on. The signs were there. It was almost as though this (fluffie or 'Nameless') had a control over these people, but Gark was certain that this Vicotnik was their leader.

Surely this monster should be thrown in shackals for this blasphemy? but yet they all seam affraid of him, and with all the hate in these Tiraks eyes it was obvious that I should be dead and though this monster has yet to draw my blood.

The silence was only broken by the choking, gaging of the nearly dead Gorion and shortly after this stopped a voice filtered from the crowd. Laking in courage the speakers words jumbled out,

"Ehum...ehum....master? What, what do you want to do? Vicotnik will not like this."

The speaker was small compared to the others but still, to Gark, huge and clumsy.
Gark turns back to watch this (fluffie) as the answer no doubt decided his life or death. Gark also cafefully poises himself for flight, he could see that a great many people had crowded here and Gark hoped that there would not be many people in the tunnel he had come through earlier with Gorion. Gark believed he could run between the legs of these Tiraks and jump over the child ones and be out through the opening before they even thought to follow him. He secretly hoped he wouldnt have to run.

This Vicotnik will cause me trouble no mater where I go, his sickening magical ways. It would be better that I was in the employ of someone such as this (fluffie) who seams to comand obidence whereever he goes. Though I have none of the makings for war.

Last edited by Kal'rek; 26 Mar 2005 at 04:16.
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 12:13   #321
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"As I said before..."

Doubt and thinking were showing on the duck's face. It was clear he was no servant of Vicotnik, but a stranger to the present day world like himself. But in his anger and hurrying, he had brought these tiraks, once his slaves, into possible danger. And even though they were slaves to him still, he felt a certain responsibility for them. He couldn't just let them get slaughtered because of him.

"To start I require food and clothes. Make sure the clothes are for travelling... I want everyone else to continue with their daily tasks. You will hear about my plans later."

The scimitar now by his side, he hopefully looks to watch the tiraks disperse, with the human's whose wrist he broke earlier and Agnar being taken away to have their arms taken care of. As they went, he called out for them.

"Visit me later. And as for you..."

Those last four words he spoke while looking down to the duck. With a forced smile on his face, he started speaking.

"It is clear to me that you do not serve the foul magician. You are free to go as you please, if you wait to when I address the tiraks, there might be some interesting news for you to hear. But my road is going to be bloody, foul and torn from any feeling or sense of compassion. I am going to murder the bastard and I will probably have to go through an entire army to get to him..."

He pauses for a few moments, realising what he just said. Maybe he was going to die trying to just get to Vicotnik. He might have to kill more than just a few people... but the tiraks weren't warriors, were they? As far as he could remember, they weren't. At least no match for an army, as he gathered Vicotnik would have.

"It will be no place for a creature such as you. You should continue on your path."
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 01:32   #322
Kal'rek

"It will be no place for a creature such as you. You should continue on your path."

Hmm... such faith. The monster is probably right though, what can a mear duck do against the collected armies of one who weilds magic as one would a sword.

The thought of this Vicotnik's magical capabilities made Gark tremble. His kind was that of beings that existed in stories not the real world. He stood in thought for a good while pondering what to do. This war would not be contained and Gark thought of his homeland and what the horrors of war would do to it. This war was inescapable and if this (fluffie) failed Garks race would be hunted and destroyed. Gark left his home in search of purpose and to leave the confines of his small town he never pictured that he would do anything near going to war. This (Fluffie) had said "-continue on your path." but Gark had no path.

I must see if there is anything I can do. I must stay here and find out as much as I can and here out this (fluffies) news he speaks of.

Gark addresses (fluffie) and says,
"Sire, I understand that this maybe a bloody battle and a bloddier war, but it is my duty to help as the very fate of my people is at stake, if the little I have heard is true." Gark felt stupid, what could a duck do? "If there is anything I can do Sire I am in your service."

Gark hoped that this (fluffie) could find value in him.
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 01:48   #323
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"Come with me while I eat. Tell me your story, little duck."

By now, he hoped someone would be leading him to a fireplace of some sort, or maybe a table. Whichever it was, there better had be food on or neat it. He had been waiting long enough now and he had told everyone to get back to their own things.
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 01:58   #324
Kal'rek

Gark thought about the offer, it would be impolite to refuse. But someone as important as this (fluffie) seamed asking him to dine?
"I would be honnored, sire, to join you and eat, but I regret that my story is not a grand one and there is not much else I know about this Vicotnik."

Gark hoped that he could befriend this (fluffie) or be in his good graces atleast.
Unread 27 Mar 2005, 22:09   #325
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg follows after the ranger, answering: "To infiltrate the country and take note of its dealings. That is all." Glancing back at the other few party members, he continues: "We'll travel by roads until the last village. There we'll stock up on supplies and continue through the wilderness and sneak up on the wall, unless someone has a better suggestion. You wouldn't happen to know how to get passed that obstacle, would you master Ranger?"
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 13:00   #326
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Hewitt The dragoness smiles, showing off her two foot long teeth.

She climbs slightly, heading for a a mountaintop, still many miles away. It seems to be covered in naked, grey and black trees.

-We are soon to reach them my friend.

As you close in you can feel the sensation of someone watching you and a second later you understand that the watcher is above you.

The newcomer is a dargon, maybe half your age, and considerably smaller who carries a rider in a saddle. The rider has a tail, but you can't see anything else, since it is covered in armour...scales and skin from dragons...

Minutes later you reach the mountain. It has a small building on its top, with a giant entrance, aparently leading steraight into the mountain. The trees does seem completly dead and are varying in colour from darkest black to lightest grey.

By the entrance to the mountain there are two creatures, one mansized and one dragon.

The mansized is humanoid but with a tail, it doesn't have a nose, instead it has snakelike nostrils.

It greets you without making a sound.

Your companion lands elegantly, a couple of metres away from the dragon. They both bow their heads and the humanoid bows. All turn to you in anticipation....
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 14:39   #327
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Älhjögg, Volthar, Vea

"As a matter of fact I do"

You continue throughout the day, soon reaching a small farm were the ranger buys some cornbread, (if you want to buy/steal something just write it) and then you have reached the mighty mountains.

The pair of rangers lead you to a flat wall of rock, the first one knocks on the wall, it sounds hollow.

The ranger who has accompanied you all the way wispers slightly.

-If this goes bad, we will have to leg it, are you all ready?

Fluffie, Gark The tiraks quickly obeys the orders and there is huge commotion.

Suddenly a messenger arrives.

-Master, there are visitors at the western gate!

Seconds after you have received it, another messenger arrives, gasping for breath

-Master, the merchants from the east are here for their usual weaponshipment, should we give it to them...they serve the same as...that

He points at Gorions still warm body
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 15:08   #328
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

He would give Vicotnik warning he was coming for him. He looked down at the duck, placing a hand on the little creature's head, almost as if comforting him, but at the same time making sure he was dead serious with what he was saying.

"Tell him that his days are soon over. Tell him I am coming for him, I am back, risen out of my grave. Never again shall he with his vile practices replace the sea by the sky and the other way around. I will get my vengeance, I will ensure they will get theirs too."

He thought of the wifes, the people, the fishermen, the loyal guards with their great swords he had lost.

"Maybe he will no longer understand, maybe he has forgotten. But tell him that even if he prepares, he will not have a chance. Not anymore. The mage Vicotnik, you must tell him what has happened here. But that I will leave the tiraks alone, I will let them be for now. They are at this moment free, they are to do as they wish until I come back for them. Don't forget to mention that I already have murdered one of his servants. I will murder every single person that serves him and is foolish enough to stand in my path."

The tiraks weren't able warriors and even if they had become, Fluffie doubted they would, even under his maybe terrifying command, fight well if they would fight at all. No, for now he would travel alone.

He looked back up at the messenger.

"So give them their shipment, but make sure to leave some of the best weapons and equipment for me. And make sure there is a horse, the best, strongest and fastest there is waiting for me when I leave, along with supplies for a long journey. I will come for my weapons later."

Moving his hand from the duck's head to around his shoulders, he pushes him towards the messenger. Looking into the duck's eyes, he nods, trying to reassure him.

"I am sorry about the food. But you now have a task to complete. If you do not want it, give it to someone else, but you must ensure the message gets delivered. Once at Vicotnik's court, you could stay there and wait for me, or you could continue your travels on your own. We might meet again and when we do, we will have that meal together."

He looked back at the messenger again, addressing him now as he spoke.

"And tell the merchants that they are too take this one to Vicotnik. He has a message of the utmost importance for the mage. The merchants are to ensure his comfort and safety, give them something extra if you can. But if he does not arrive safely..."

The last few words were said threatingly. Convincingy threatingly, he hoped.

As the duck was being taken away, he gives a short, but well meant wave.

"Travel safe. And ensure that Vicotnik realises he is going to die."

After having said that, he turned about and, hopefully, finally, went to where his meal was being served.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 15:32   #329
Darkling

Volthar followed pace with little in the way of covnersation, the farm proved to be a change of scenery though. Leaving the ranger to buy some bread for the travel, luckly he had managed to grab enough to last a few weeks at the castle without having to pay for it. The farmland looked mostly unravaged by the war but the look on the faces that greeted them there was enough to tell they had their fair share of troubles, finding a small isolated corner behind the farmhouse pulling out one of the apples from his pack taking a bite out of it.

--------

Feeling a little baffled at the fact they tapped on a hollow rock, but they seemed to know what they where up to.
"Confusing as this may seem I suppose I am ready, though running away is not normally my better skill but ill make an effort if I must"
Reaching back to check his blade as he always did when he got a bad feeling about things, looking about with a shifty expression why was there a hollow rock out here to begin with.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:45   #330
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Jacob, just Jacob. tell me what you know of this Omakh....

Unread 28 Mar 2005, 22:34   #331
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Vea reaches into Volthar's bag the moment they stopped, searching for a one of the sweet preserved fruits. She wasn't one to wait to have her dessert or one to savor it. It was just her way, waiting around for something was just too boring.
_______

Vea grins a little and slips into Volthar's bag., securing herself. Okay, ready to run whenever you guys are, she giggles, unconcerned with the danger. She was just too carefree to concern herself with the "what if?".

Unread 29 Mar 2005, 05:52   #332
Kal'rek

Gark listened this (fluffies) words intently, the hand on his head was a confusing gesture but it made Gark listen even harder to what was said to him. When the weight of the task fell on him a lump caught in Garks throat and despite his efforts Gark could not move it. He was to travel with merchants, weapons merchants, they were not to be trusted but he hoped that the threat of a choaking of their weapon supply from (fluffie) would be enough to keep Gark safe. Then after the journey he may even have to stand infront of Vicotnik and deliver (Fluffies) message. Gark dreaded the wrath of this magic user uncertain of what would happen should he send Vicotnik into a rage with this message.
Garks missgivings and cowardice were subdued as the sense of duty awakened inside him and as he was being led away he realised he hadn't thanked (fluffie) or in fact said anything.

"Sire," Gark said with a renewed strength, "I would be glad to carry your message to doomed Vicotnik it would be an honor..." Garks voice trailed off, he was talking to the back of (fluffie) as he was moving away. He had waved and then left not seaming to hear Gark talk in the din around them. It seamed like he was dellerious with hunger. Gark watched him as he left before turning to the messenger that was now stood waiting for Gark and said with an arrogant tone,

"Come now we have not all day, take me to these merchants so we can be on our way, you heard what he said I have a message to deliver." As he finished Gark noticed the corpse of Gorion on the floor and felt a pang of guilt and without knowing really why he said, "and I'm sure that Sire does not want that littering the floor. Give him a proper burial, as I'm sure that it was Vicotniks magic that bewitched him." It was deffinatly not Garks place to comand this but Gorion had not mistreated him during the journey up here. Gark hoped that his brief feeling of duty would not escape him so that he wouldn't slip into his sea of doubts and fears that was pooling in his head.

Last edited by Kal'rek; 29 Mar 2005 at 05:57.
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 13:03   #333
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg only makes a point of refilling his water skins before they journey on, towards the wall. Well there, he watches the ranger's action, quirking a brow at the - hollow - rock. In any case, he gives a brief nod at the other ranger's words, but makes no move to ready his equipment.
Unread 31 Mar 2005, 22:13   #334
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Hey Kal'rek... here are some pictures of the man you're going to tell he's dead.. and some of your evil cousins, the black ducks

http://www31.brinkster.com/fluffsanity/cleansing.html
Unread 1 Apr 2005, 05:57   #335
Kal'rek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
Hey Kal'rek... here are some pictures of the man you're going to tell he's dead.. and some of your evil cousins, the black ducks

http://www31.brinkster.com/fluffsanity/cleansing.html
they do look like daffy duck, Ark wasnt lying! well I could imagine Vicotnik just laughing at me! ah well im sure i'll try. :P
Unread 1 Apr 2005, 16:42   #336
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

I am sorry for not Dming people but I am kneedeep in work here, I will post ASAP
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 01:10   #337
Freezerburn

Freezerburn is an unknown quantity at this point

(OOC: heya all, Ärk said I could join up here. I'll be stealing the place of one of the ranger NPCs. If I make some mistakes regarding characters or what not, sorry. there's over 300 posts on this thread. that makes a lot of reading.)

Kalthas knocked on the "door" a little nervously. You never knew how dwarves would react to people not properly invited in advance. dwarven tempers were legendary, and times were such that there was no such thing as too careful. While waiting, Kalthas pondered the events which led him here. An amusing fact he kept secret was that he wasn't even a proper ranger, but a mercenary fighter whose skill with his rather unusual blades would likely be needed more than another ranger more skilled in woodcraft. Still, his feet were light enough on the trail to keep up with his ranger companion, and he knew that if it came to a fight, the elfish pansy would fall to his blades in mere moments. The two he guided were of more concern. The elf with the very fine looking swords looked vaguely familiar to him, and Kalthas wondered where he had seen him before, perhaps during the height of the war. The brownie kept to itself mostly, but it was still a curious creature.

No answer was yet forthcoming from the well concealed door, and the wait was beginning to worry him. He moved towards the others, thinking it time to take council, and ran a hand through his thick, dark red hair. He stopped his tall, lean form near the rest of the party, and squatted in the dirt, hands on the long hilts of his twin blades. He waited a moment, content to be silent until he had everyone's attention. Above all things, Kalthas Van Orden was a patient man.

Last edited by Freezerburn; 5 Apr 2005 at 17:12.
Freezerburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 08:32   #338
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

ooc/ It's a browny, not a browning. Spelling mistake aside, perhaps it'd be nice to post a character sheet like those you see a lot earlier on in the thread, so everyone knows what we're dealing with /ooc

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 10:43   #339
Darkling

Volthar watched the ranger ith a peculiar expression, it was not what he was doing but rather the way he was handling himself that made him odd. Taking in the local sights one last time in suspicion a nawing feeling playing on his skill of observation, regardless of what awaited them beyond this odd door in the rockface somthing was not right here. Watching the man wak forward to the rest of the group and placing his hands on the hilts of his blades, Volthar finding himself rasing an eyebrow oddly and letting out a few short clicking noises as though he where greeting a horse.
"It takes more than just a sharp blade to peak this ravens interest, mayhaps you have a tongue that matches the point of your blades aye?"
Letting of a soft chuckly and a broad smile, it would be curious test of character to see how the man responded to a jest.
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 12:02   #340
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
ooc/ It's a browny, not a browning. Spelling mistake aside, perhaps it'd be nice to post a character sheet like those you see a lot earlier on in the thread, so everyone knows what we're dealing with /ooc
he's a ranger. what more do you need to know? the colour of his mom's eyes?
not everything needs to be big and so
i just said i was dude with amnesia
he's a ranger
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 12:20   #341
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

on a sidenote: Fluff, are you serious? you have your driverslicence? that's it! I'm never going to holland on foot again! too damned dangerous

Unread 5 Apr 2005, 12:54   #342
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

i live near the belgian border too
i suggest you.. eh yeah, never go on foot anywhere again

(that'd be a yes, btw )
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 19:53   #343
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

we should meet up somewhere halfway... Terneuzen?

Unread 5 Apr 2005, 21:11   #344
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion looked down at the little specks below him, the 1 at the bend was most certainly the diciple with his equipment, but the others where probably the same men he had seen in the village during his little escape. Nibimacarion leaned far over the side of his pegasus, now hanging precariously over the its neck he looked again, but to no real effect for he was still to high.

Thus Nibimacarion sat normally again and carefully made his pegasus go down, not so far as to come into archer range, but low enough to see the men and more importantly any weapons they where wielding. The wind rushing over his skin as the pegasus dropped several hundred feet a lot faster then what a human would call safe, looking down again, Nibimacarion could now get a pretty good look of the men, none of them had any weapons out but all of them appeared to be armed with swords and most of them had shields, fortunately he didn't see any archers down there and he estimated that a human would take about 2 or 3 minutes, running, to get from the closest group of men to the diciple.

All these things combined, Nibimacarion decided to land, his pegasus could cover 3 directions with its keen eyesight so Nibimacarion would only have to be concerned with the direction the Diciple would be in, if anything appeared even slightly out of place he'd only have to jump onto the pegasus, ofcourse he would have to be fast with the jumping, he wouldn't want to try and mount empty space.

Steering the pegasus around for 1 last circle of the mountain, dropping at prodigious rates again as they went, sweeping over the last 2 men on the road, some 400 meters from the diciple, at mere inches above headlevel. A mere matter of moments later the pegasus was level with the ground again, its hooves almost touching the ground as it rushed by at high speed, before at the very last moment the pegasus suddenly heeved backwards, like an airplane just before landing. Flapping its wings in a final swing as the pegasus rapidly dropped from around 60km/s to a complete stop while landing with a clearly audible clacking of hooves, the sound echoing around the valley.

Almost fluidly with this rather sudden stop, Nibimacarion swung over the side of the pegasus, landing hard on the ground a few meters in front of the diciple and almost rolling over as he had always done during the practices of quick dismounting, he remembered quite a few bruises from that as well. Looking at the diciple again, Nibimacarion reaches behind him, tapping the pegasus and whispering a few words at it, before walking over to the diciple, his sword resting on his right hip, the covers unlatched so it can be drawn in an instant in case of trouble.

Unread 5 Apr 2005, 21:24   #345
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa Tenderlea
we should meet up somewhere halfway... Terneuzen?

heehehe
but i'm probably scared of you
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 22:13   #346
Darkling

ooc - Can we keep the out character talk down a little please or take it to PM?

Last edited by Darkling; 5 Apr 2005 at 22:21.
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 00:08   #347
Freezerburn

Freezerburn is an unknown quantity at this point

(ooc: flap, I gave a basic description in my post. If you weren't quite quick enough to pick up on it, not my problem. I'm not going to post a character sheet on page 7. That's just tacky. )

Kalthas glanced at Volthar, then moved his hands to a less threatening position. Damn elves, can't say hello without turning it into some kind of metaphor.... "Apologizes, master elf. Old habits die hard, and this part of the land is troubled at the best of times. But all should be well, once we find shelter under the mountains." And if the dwarves don't kill us out of hand, thinking us spies of Vicotnik.

(ooc: I don't know if any of you are familiar with this, but italics in my posts represent thoughts. Just an FYI)
Freezerburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 12:36   #348
Darkling

"Ys indeed habits, though old habits can get one in trouble somtimes"
Offering an odd quirky expression to suite hiding any meaning bedind the comment.
"Not to be one to complain, standing around leisurely is nice but recently I have done to much of that, and it makes for boring tales. Is this peculiar encounter going to take much longer?"
Watching the hands of the ranger carefully for any moves towards hostility, like a few moments breifly before.
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 17:02   #349
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Kalthas, Volthar, Vea, Älhjögg (and another ranger, and sajjuk and NoDachis Clyde

(Nice Rping people, nice to see that not all Rping has to be "i cut the ogre up in six slices and then dice him before checking if he has anything i can take)

Suddenly the rock moves! A unseen door swings open and you aim your eyes a bit low, to spot the dwarfes. You are shocked as you see a hunchback. A ugly one. His skin is unclean and he has patches of thick hair, almost everywere. He looks at you and his mouth seem to contian only a few teeth, tough they are enormous, almost tusks.

-Who are ya!

Something is wrong. The dwarves should be here.

Fluffie You are escorted to a small house, a hut almost, sunligt is shut out within the dark cave but inside of the hut there is a heap of candles, spread on the table, in the ceiling and on the walls. Two tiraks are fetching food as you come in. Meat of some kind, and some kind of root, semicooked.

The messenger who came from the western gate follows you in.

-So what do you want to do with the people at the gate master?

Around you, people are running around, bringing you clothes, bread, dried meat, some sort of mountainmushroom, new clothes and manyy other things.

Gark A tall tirak leads you toward the eastern merchants, and as you leave you see that Gorion is lifted from off the ground, head dangling by a thread.The tirak doesn't say anything until you have left the big central cave, and you quickly get out of breath, he is almost running, wich means you have to.

When you have passed down a tunnel, past the heat of the huge fires were iron is melted and up another tunnel the tirak suddenly starts to talk.

-So this...new master. What is he like? You spoke to him, I saw that when i arrived. What did he say?

Nibimacarion

-So you showed up

The diciple is smiling

He has a bag by his feet. You can see your bow sticking out of it.

-These are yours. Do you want it?

Jacob

Koke sighs.

-He is most evil. I saw him only for a short second but he really scared me, he is one of the few mages i know of who vields a sword aswell. Sword in one hand, his staff in the other. He spins faster than you can imagine. I got on my horse and got away, but noone else did.

The man looks ready to cry.

Now they are pouring out over the plains. I have to get to the king to tell him. Do you think they have planned any reply to this attack at all?
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 17:22   #350
flapjack
crashed computer

"Like I said the last time we met, I am a man of my word, I said I would be and thus I am. Your friends better not come any closer though, Pegasi have a distinct dislike for crowds and armed people they don't know. I have a distinct dislike of ambushes and losing my pegasus."

Looking around briefly again, Nibimacarion pointed towards the ground.

"Shall we sit down, or would you rather stand while you talk?"