User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Mar 2004, 06:44   #301
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all
Re: Gems Of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
*Looking up from his position on his knees, Bakan looked up at Lady Dragonsjem. It seems that this latest incident had finally gotten her attention. In addition, her expression indicated she was very annoyed, which could be a dangerous thing. The wave of pain that Bakan and the others had felt through the jewels was only a portion of the pain and energies that they could unleash. Looking at her, Bakan made no move to move from his knees, but instead bowed his head and spread out his arms and wings.*

"My Lady, how may I serve you?"
Remaining silent, Dragonsjem steps into the room, the shattered door crunching under her foot, followed by Marshen's hand as she moves more into the room, circuling slowly, step by step around Bakan, glancing down at him as she makes the way around. Stopping in front of him again, glaring at him, a low growl beginning as she tries to decide what to do.

Suddenly, she kicks Bakan in the chest, sending him sprawling back, letting out a roar that echos through the lair.
"I've had enough of your fighting! GO! Go find a city challenging enough for you to get out of my hair until i call you again....and take this idiots with you! *Kicking Marshen once more as she spoke*

" I must concentrate on this newest batch of would be hero's." Her voice lowering, mumbling to herself. "They may prove a challenge for me yet. "

Her attention turning back to Bakan. "There is a city to the far east. You will not interfere with my plans there." Turning to leave, see takes a step out the door, stepping on the broken door once more, she stops, " And fix this door before you leave" A tone of annoyance still in her voice as she continues walking back up the stairs to her room, not bother to look back

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 06:59   #302
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
*Nibimacarion quickly made his way across the former battlefield and beyond the ruined village, not even bothering to look for anything he might be able to take along because he knew there wasn't much left of the village. Thus Nibimacarion continued on his way off to the city, hoping to arrive before nightfall*
Nibmacarion: You can see the capital city prominantly looming over your location. The high plateau never hard to miss. There lies the back path you followed down at the beginning of your campaign, slopped to an easy slant for an mountain elf. There is a smaller back gate to the city at the top.

I suggest you find a means for some money, as Eown took your money, and a place where you could find information.

Gokan: Bakan will be there soon enough.

Everyone else: Join up and head to the old woman's. She lives beyond the village down a curvy almost undistinguisable path known only to locals (ie. Zorro). The smoke from her fireplace will be the only thing to guide those unknowing. (If Zorro doesn't post soon enough). The house is a small thatched hut, with a garden of odd plants surrounding it. On the door is a sign of protection. A lone grey cat prowls the garden.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 23:22   #303
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

*Zorro sits enjoying his lunch, quite happy to forget all the recent happenings with those odd travelers. They didn't seem to be a threat to the city at the moment, so he would not need to go out as a paladin, which he in all actuality, would prefer not to do anyway. Suddenly he notes the dog sit up as if it hears something, and walks towards the window, and seeing something, starts to growl and bark, alerting Zorro to the approach of someone in the distance*

"Lauren................I hope you have the extra table settings ready" Zorro says with a sigh. "It looks like someone really liked your cooking from last night....."
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 22:50   #304
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyRo`
“Ah so I may get a chance to kill the elf after all, that shall be enough of a contribution.”
"If we see him again, which i very much doubt, ill break his scrawny neck myself. And you, you rat bastard, left us to die. Cowardess is one of the only things I do not tolerate. That and mages. I should of realised from the start."

Eown hops down and follows Qualme toward wherever they may be headed...
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 01:57   #305
PyRo`
Posts++;

PyRo` is an unknown quantity at this point

Qualme stops and laughs, turning round he looks Eown in the eye and grins.

“Strong words from a rather frail looking man. Indeed you should have known that from the start, your life means nothing to me, I'm glad you realise this now and I suspect you would have done the same to me if the tables were turned. Know this if a situation arises again where I have to choose between my own goals and your life I'll gladly leave you to die without giving it a second thought. Now I do not wish to fight with you, we share the same path, though the destination may differ, we also share a hatred for mages, so let's waste no further time and continue on our path.”

Qualme turns his back on Eown and continues onwards towards Zorros house.
PyRo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 11:14   #306
Heiro
'Mael'

Strong words for such an insignificant rogue.
"You should show more respect for your elders. I was jumping from trees and training for my inner peace long before you were even a young man. So don't talk about us sharing a path. We don't in my eyes, infact our path is so dissimilar, that you have no idea what I plan to do, should I say... Intend to do."
Eown trails off, before slowing his pace somewhat.
"Now, will someone point me toward the purchase of new clothes. My scars ache in this morning freshness. A good bottle of wine wouldn't go down to badly either..."
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 00:21   #307
PyRo`
Posts++;

“Ha, I should show you respect because you wasted years of your life trying to achieve inner peace and now you spend you days drinking and actively seeking out death.”

Qualme laughs

“Old man, if our paths are so dissimilar feel free to go elsewhere, I'm going to find out what this old lady has to offer and I think you want to know too, that is the path I walk at this moment, feel free to join me on it if you want, but if sharing a path with scum like me disgusts you so much, please don't force yourself.”

Qualme approaches Zorros door and knocks twice.

“I believe this good man will point you in the right direction for some new clothes.”
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 05:13   #308
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Standing tall on top of a hill, at the outer edge of a forest, Bakan starred down at the city below him. It was high noon, with people running around in their busy, yet insignificant little lives. They traded, bought, fought, stole, loved, made up, hated, and abused each other, basically a average day for them. Thinking back, Bakan recalled dimly when he once was called Arrias, when he was a small little lad who to ran through the streeets of a city. All those long years ago, yet now the memory of him running around, waving a wooden stick like a sword, with several knights smiling at him in enjoyment or hitting him for being pathetic, strung for from his mind. The well of memories only gave out the memories for a second before Bakan closed them off, hiding them back in a deep corner of his mind.*

*Looking again, and staring at the giant tower in the middle of the city, Bakan throught about the best way to invade. The entire city was walled, with what appeared to be regular guards scattered about, scanning the hillsides. Apparently they were worried about something, with good reason considering the times. Unfortunally it made Bakan's job somewhat harder, yet only slightly so. Normal guards stood no chance against his minions, let alone himself.*

*Nodding to himself as he traced out the main streets, Bakan smiled as a plan started to form. The city had been devoid of rain for a long time, with the straw roofs brittle and dry, the wood cracking and spliting, and the streets kicking up dust whenever someone stepped. Obviously a nice rainstorm would be greatly appreciated by the citizens fo the city, but for now, Bakan smiled as he saw the lines at the wells that streached far out as peopled lined up to get water.*

*Turning away, Bakan walked towards where his minions were camped out. The three were sitting, or in Marshen's case, laying around, keeping a eye out. Argoth standing next to a tree, slowely sharpening some throwing knifes, with Kinee polishing his sword blade, and Marshen looking at his hand, still healing from when Lady Dragonsem crushed it. Already he was able to move all his claws, yet the hand itself was still weak. All three looked up at Bakan as he approached, their eyes narrowing. Almost reflectively Argoth ran a scaled hand over the jewel inserted in his throat. Bakan to felt it's presence, that let hjim know where the minions were.*

Bakan: "Tonight we will strike, be prepared."

*The three nod, with Marshen's nod taking a few extra seconds. There was no need to go over a overcomplicated plan for assualting city, they had done this far to many a time that it was already second nature to them. Bakan himself sat down crosslegged and closed his eyes, preparing himself for the combat that was to ensure, and thinking about what happened earlier.*

Earlier

*Still shacking off mentally the effects of the jewel's attack on him, Bakan nodded to Lady Dragonsjem as she yelled at them to leave towards the city. First things first was to repair the door that had been destroyed. Just a mundane task, Bakan was sure she only issued it out of spite, for noone else inhabitated this lair, and the loss of one door mattered little. Yet he knew that the consequences for ignoring that order would be dire.*

*Standing up after Lady Dragonsjem left, Bakan walks over to Marshen, grunting slightly as he lifted him up. Marshen's hand hung limply, with bone and muscles mixing with scales and flesh. The sorry mess was already slwoely knitting itself together, with the muscles contracting to snap the bones back into place, and bright pink flesh slwoely starting to grow around the wound. Scales would take several days to fully regenerate, and until then Marshen's hand would be weak and vulnerable. Pulling him into the other room, where Kinee was already up and about, Bakan pointed at Marshen. With a faint trace of a frown Kinee started dressing MArshen's wound, with would help with the healing process.*

*Walking throughout the lair, Bakan made his way into a storeroom and grabbed a door. While it was a mudane task, Bakan was glad that for the moment it gave him relative freedom to think about his new mission, the slaughter of a full city. The villages had been easy prey, hard to realistically see himself loosing to them. The only real opponent he had faced was in the Hero's, particulary the old man. Something told Bakan that he would face that old man in combat. Maybe he would be the one that....... Bakan quickly banished that thought from his mind, for such thoughts were to dangerous if someone was paying attention. Carrying the door, Bakan steeled himself inside for what was to come ahead.*

Now

*Walking towards the city gates, Bakan looked at the setting sun. The orange hues cast the city in alternating patters of light and shadow. The villagers were finishing their busy bustle, but from the signs it appeared there was some kind of feast going on in the city center. What mattered was that there would be more people in one section of the city, thus easy prey.*

*Looking from under his cloak, Bakan saw several guards spot him, as he expected. Focusing on remaining as humanlike as posisble, Bakan reached the main gate. A overweight soldier staggered out, clearly adjusting his pants as if they were off a few seconds ago, holing his sword hilt casually, with the smell of bad wine stinking up the surrounding air. Obviously already somewhat drunk, the guard barely gave Bakan a second glance, not noticing that he coulden't see into Bakan's face.*

Drunkin Guard: "What'ss youurrrr buzineeessss hereeee....."

*Looking into the guards bloodshot eyes, Bakan remembered his early days as a guard. Where he was originally from he would have personally forced any guard that drank on the job into drinking a equal amount of pig urine to start with, no matter if that guard was his direct commander. That attitute had gotten him placed into positions of power and responsibility, where he enforced his views, creating a army of guards and soldiers that while Bakan was with them, had never been defeated. Seeing this..... scum standing around, made Bakan's blood boil. Seeing movement from the corner of his eye, Bakan glanced, and saw a small little girl, tears still coming from her eyes, and juding that her shoulders were bare, nude.*

*Slowely turning his gaze back towards the guard, Bakan felt his blood boil. All his self-hatred came forth, for what he had become and what he had done, while he took great pleasure in it, there were certain things even he would not abide by, and seeing the obviously tramutized girl, Bakan decided that rather than make his way into the feast as planned, he would start now.*

Bakan: "I am here........ to........"

*Deliberatly lowering his voice, the guard naturally responded by lowering his head towards Bakan's head. In that second, Bakan let himself go. His hand flew out, transforming from human looking with only a trace of scales to red hard scales int he span of time it took for him to grab the guards throat. Picking him up, Bakan with his other hand, pulling off his cloak, revealing his face to the guard, who still possed enough mental capacity to widen his eyes in shock as Bakan's features become more and more dragon like.*

Bakan: "Send a message."

*Lashing out with his other hand, the fingers now resembling more claws than fingers, drew blood, and the guard screamed in a voice noticbly higher pitched as Bakan dropped him. Clutching his lack of genitals as Bakan wiped his claws off on the guards shirt, Bakan walked forward. Knowing that the scream would attract attention, Bakan was not surprised to see 3 guards run out, 2 holding spears with a third holding of all things, a dagger.*

*Smiling, Bakan slowley cracked his next as the two spear weilding guards rushed forward. Standing there, letting his wings slowely grow and expand out from behind his back, Bakan smiled at them. At the last second, he twisted and spun in place. His wings streached out horizontal to the ground, crushing into the two guards throats with cracking sounds. The two guards dropped their spears, grabbing their throats at their faces already were turning blue from the lack of oxygen due to the crushed windpipes. The remaining guard paled and threw his dagger, already a wet spot appearing on his pants as he threw. Casually, Bakan moved one of his wings to block the dagger. Barely feeling it strike his wing, Bakan rushes forward, then suddenly leaps to the side as he passes the guard. Landing in a crouch, a few seconds pass then the guard's head falls from his body at the same time a drop of blood drips from Bakan's bloody claws.*

*Behind him rushes Marshen and Kinee. Checking the bodies, Kinee spends a ssecond slitting the throat of the young girl that Bakan had spied earlier. Watching him, Bakan's eyes narrowed, but he then shrugged it off. It was probably better for her in the long time that she die quickly. Turning back towards the center of the city, Bakan chops his hand in the air three times, each time point a different direction. Kinee and Marshen start running towards a different direction, and with a waver in the air, Argoth goes in the third direction, his scales already rendering him nearly invisible to the nakid eye. The three knew their orders, cause as much destruction as possible, and leave none alive.*

*Standing tall, Bakan raises both hands. His Gaunlets each start glowing, with flame threads growing around them, wrapping about Bakan's hands like vines ass the hands reached towards the sky. Reaching the apex of their reach, Bakan thrusts his hands forward, sending thousands of fire arrows into the sky. The arrows traveled upwards, then slowely turned back towards the ground. Many of them struck the roofs of the buildings, setting them on fire. Others struck the ground, creating additional fires. Finally, a rare handful impaled various city residents. Their screams joined those of the inhabitants as they rushed to control the flames, while great plumes of smoke slowely rose in the air.*

*Smiling at the chaos he created, Bakan walks forward casually, slowely pulling out his broadsword, not a moment to soon as 6 guardsmen rushed around a bend. Following them, slowely adjusting a armored glove was a captain of the city guard. From Argoth's recon, there were apparently four of these captains, each of them skilled with the blade and armored heavily, and strong enough to move in the armor like a unarmored man. While the Captain's face was hidden by his helmet, Bakan could sense the Captains eyes sizing him up. Almost dismissively, the Captain waved a hand at Bakan, and the six guardsmen rushed forward, three of them with long spears, the other three with standard swords.*

*These guardsmen were apparently a little better prepared than the guard Bakan killed at the gate. They at least had armored chestplates and studed leather sleaves and pants. Those with the spears attacked first, thrust them at Bakan. Stepping back Bakan calmly grabs two of the and pulls, throwing the two guardsmen off-balance, sending one of them to the ground, with the other managing to recover by dropping the spear and going for his sword. The third spearman manages to stab Bakan, but only a superficial wound that does not even bleed. Smiling at the third spearman, Bakan grabs the spear, and pulls out it, then pushes against it, driving the other end out of teh spearmans grip and into his chest. With a *whoosh* of escaping breath, the spearman falls, gasping for air as Bakan calmy flips the spear over, the throws it into one of the swordsman. The force of the throw sends the spear right through the swordsman's chest and out of the other side. The swordsman looks down in shock at the new addition to his body, looks at Bakan, then falls forward onto the ground, dead, his lifeblood staining the street below.*

*By this point the spearmen have managed to stand up, pulling out their swords, then the nearest two charge at Bakan. Thrust his free hand out, Bakan quickly casts a fireweb spell in front of one of the guardsmen, sending out a man-size web of fire. Before he can react the guardsmen runs through the web. Coming out the otherside, for a split second a expression of shock passes through his face, before his body falls apart into small segments on the ground, the edges cauterized for the fireweb. The other guardsmen swings at Bakan, to which Bakan calmly dodges. Anotehr swing, this time Bakan catches the sword with his sword, then forces the swords up. Disengaging, Bakan slashes rapidly, and with a spurt of blood sends the guardsman swordarm flying towards the Captain's feet. As the guard screams in pain and clutches his missing arm, the remaining three guardsmen rush forward, splitting up to attack a seperate side. Waving his free hand again, Bakan thrusts it at the rightmost guardsman, sending a massive firearrow into the guards chest. Stopping still, and looking at the hole in the middleof his chest, the guardsman falls to the ground, dead before he hit the street. The remaining two manage to close the distance and he swing.*

*Seeing that he can't block both with his lone sword, Bakan concentrates on blocking the middle guardsman thrust and spins catches the other sword on one of his wings. Grunting as he feels it actually cut his wing, Bakan continues the spin, bashing the guard with his wing then slashes at the middle gardsman. Unfortunally the guardsman chestplate manages to resist the blow, though it is torn off. Seeing a opprotunity, Bakan reverses his swordblade as his back against turns towards the middles guardsman, then stabs behind him, impaling the guard. Amazing, the guard did not scream, but instead pulled out a small dagger and stabs it into Bakan. Grunting at it manages to drive itself into a weakpoint between scales, Bakan let's go of his sword, only to see the remaining intact guardsman rushing towards him, reason apparently left him as he raises his sword over his head for a powerful two handed blow. Sighing to himself, Bakan runs forward, and crossing his arms, catches the blow on the guardsman wrists. Smiling at him, Bakan easily shifts his arms to grabs the guardsman's arms, then pushes back. Sharp cracking sounds join the guards screams as his hands drop his sword. As it falls, Bakan grabs it and swings, gutting the guardsman across the stomach. Clutching at his escpaing intestines, the guardsman sinks to his knees as Bakan looks at the Captain of the guard, still standing there. Stepping over to the body of the guard that is impaled by his sword, Bakan drops the guardsman sword and pulls his sword out of the body, the blade glistening with blood. Reaching behind him, Bakan pulls out the dagger with a grunt, and winces slightly as blood starts leaking from the wound. Looking at the dagger, Bakan drops it, then looks at the Captain.*

*Staring back, the Captain reaches behind him, then pulls out two swords. Looking at them, Bakan grunts as he sees them marked with the brands of a swordmaster. Weaving the blades, the Captain streaches, moving the blades in a dizzying pattern around himself, then without warning, rushes forward. Rushing forward also, Bakan flips his sword so taht the blade runs along the back of his arm. The two figures literally send small shudders through the street as they run, with the only noise being the beating of their footsteps. Clsoing in, Bakan moves his arm forward, protecting his face with the blade at the ready. The Captain moves his left sword into a similar position, with the right pointed at Bakan. The two, not screaming like many other warriors in such a charge, ran in silence.*

*CONTACT*

*In a dizzying series of blows, the three swords send sparks flying from the force of their impacts. Bakan's lone sword parries and slashes against the Captain's duel swords, the two looking surprisingly even to a observer, to which there was none, saved a frightened young street urchin huddled under some steps. The urchin watched at the Captain and the Monster fight, their blows moving with such speed that they were like blurs. Duck, slash, parry, slash, stab, counter-attack, the two stand their ground, neither giving a inch. Dust swirled around them from the air wind generated from their blows. Then the Captain, in a brave move, stabbed out with both swords. Bakan yanks his sword between the two, and pushes it diagonally, but not before one of the swords manage to slash a line acorss his sclaes. Not even breaking them, the line is as visible as a cut fingernail. Growling on the outside, on the inside Bakan is smiling for in combat with a worthy adversary, what else could he want. However such combats were not meant to last.*

*Ramming their shoulders together, while the Captain is the weaker of the two, he manages to summon enough force to hold his ground. Looking at his helmet, Bakan is finally able to see into the man's eyes. The eyes, hardened by combat and pain glared back at him, unrelenting. Having started into the eyes of his opponent, Bakan feels no guilt now at ending the fight. Dropping to one knee suddnely, Bakan reaches up and grabs the guards left wrist and pulls him down. Weighted down by the armor he wore, the Captain was easily thrown down to the ground. Standing back up, Bakan steps back at the Captain forces himself up, apparently favoring a ankle. Still holding his duel swords the Captain limps around. As he limps, Bakan runs forward, then swings. The Captain catches the sword with his two, but Bakan grabs the Captains left arm, then concentrates. His gauntlet glows, then firewebs crackle around it and around the Captains wrist armor. For several seconds the two held their position, struggling against each other in a bizzare contest of strength as the armor around the Captians wrist starts to glow a dull cherry red, then brighter and brighter until it was nearly white hot. As the smell of burning flesh starting to flow through the air, Bakan felt the Captain shake against the pain, then surprisngly he kicked out against Bakan's chest. The two stumbled apart, with Bakan recovering first, and with a violently swing, severs the Captains left hand at where he had been holding it. The white hot metal, almost turning back into liquid, warped into the wound, cauterizing it. The Captain screamed painfully as his hand fell to teh ground, bouncing gently.*

*Bending down to clutch the stump of a arm, the Captain pushes himself up, pointing his sword at Bakan, the point visibly shaking at the Captain faught the pain. Stepping forward, Bakan raised his sword in a salute, then raised his left arm around. The gauntlet glowed, then several fire arrows fired. Many of them were deflected, but sevearl of them found ways through the seams in the armor and into the Captains body. As the firearrows faded aaway, the Captain fell to teh ground, his body smoking and the smell of burnt flesh filling the air along with smoke from the burning buildings. Walking over, Bakan blinked as he heard breathing coming from the armored form. Stepping next to the fallen Captain, Bakan looks at the narrow slits in the visor of the helmet, raises his sword, then stabs his sword point through one of them, into the Captain's eye. Pulling it out, Bakan listened. Besides the sounds of screaming, fires, water being splashed on the fires, and running people, Bakan heard no more breathing from the form.*

*Not bothering to clean his sword blade, for all to soon it would be covered in blood again, Bakan walks towards the city, watching the citizens of the city rush towards the center where the barraks are, and in their mind's eye, protection. Unfortunally, while they may provide protection against traditional armies, they did not tak into account Bakan's forces. Almost as if on cue, Marshen burst through the side of one building, the brittle wood easily snapping apart. Living up to his nickname of "Meatshield", Marshen literally runs several city dwellers over with his massive frame. His claws, unable to wield weapons, were weapons in themselves as he turned the frightened masses into bloodbaths. Watching him at work, Bakan shook his head slightly and went hunt for more city guards to slay.*
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 05:50   #309
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro had already been alerted to the presence of the coming visitor by his dog, but when he opened the door was surprised to see a new individual.*

"Well, I had a suspicion we'd be serving two for lunch, but I don't believe I've met your new friend here," Zorro says to Qualme.

*He quickly introduces himself*

"My name is Zorro. You might as well come in and have some lunch. I believe Qualme wanted to meet someone, but I for one am not going anywhere without some food."

*Zorro lets both the travelers in, watching his wife sigh and only shake her head. Maybe she was right. Perhaps he was being TOO hospitable. But the things the cleric had told him just seemed to stand out in his head at this time. Zorro turns to the older man as they sit at the table*

"And sir, what brings you out to this little town of ours?"
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 10:50   #310
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Thungarth grinned as his hand moved towards the handle of the axe, his eyes fixated on the Qualme character... this person openly declared to being a stupid selfcentered egotistical fool that refused to realise the importance of their quest, and moreover, the importance of all partymembers being thrustworthy... Thungarth's axe loved the taste of such people's blood... but he waited still

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 21:46   #311
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*Nibimacarion quickly got into the city and headed towards 1 of the blacksmiths, remembering some tricks he might be able to use to get some money there*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 01:26   #312
PyRo`
Posts++;

“I apologise for any inconvenience I may have caused, the sooner I can meet with the old lady the sooner I'll begone so you can continue on with your peaceful life for however much longer it will last.”

Qualme reaches into his cloak and produces a shiny gold coin and hands it to Zorro.

“Take this, it should cover any expense I may have caused you.”
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 02:08   #313
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro laughs and tosses the coin back to Qualme*

"Thank you my good man, but as one of the clerics apprentices, it wouldn't be very fitting for me to be off grubbing after money when we have sufficient for our needs. Well you two seem to be in a bit of a hurry, so I'll just go get some things and we'll be off. Excuse me, please have a bit to eat before we go."

*Zorro heads off to his room. He was certain that these people were the ones he'd been told to assist by the cleric, who had been rather vague. He knew he'd been called as a paladin for a reason, and felt something deep within him telling him the time had come. As he enters the room he unlocks and opens the chest he keeps at the foot of the bed. He removes all his equipment. Sword, shield, and other useful items including his armor. He'd always known he would have to return to these one day. He puts them on, sword in a sheath on his back with the shield over it, both ready for an emergency removal and unsheathing. He returns to the kitchen and notes the look of shock in his wife's eyes. He opts to ignore it rather than try to explain.*

"Well, good sirs, if there is anything else you'll be needing, speak now. Otherwise, let us depart. It's grown more and more unsafe around here especially as the sun goes down. For that reason I'm bringing along a bit more than my fists."

*Zorro is about to head out the door when he looks at the old man again*

"Sir, I know a good tailor in town, we'll pay him a visit on the way if you wish. Now then, is there anything else you two might be in need of or shall we depart?"
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 14:27   #314
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

Adam follows behind the group simply trailing behind (i would post more but school in one minute..)

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 21:27   #315
Heiro
'Mael'

I think I shall leave when the time becomes more appropriate
Eown looks at the young lad with some skeptism before replying to his attempt at conversation

"The rogue may be in a hurry, but I myself haven't eaten. If you are offering, my humblest thanks for anything you can give. Also, I could do with some more clothes."

Waiting for a second before continuing assertively

"Then i will see this old lady."
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 03:09   #316
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro realizes his attempt to end all this quickly may not be plausible, as he may in fact be getting into something greater than he originally expected.*

"By all means, help yourself to some food. Well I don't have much in the way of extra clothes, but there are some extra clothes at the church, I can get you something while you eat, or if you'd rather pick it out yourself, we can go later."
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 20:56   #317
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Cathan had reached the city early in the morning. His arrival had caused a minor panic amongst the guards, who were particularly twitchy after a long night of being on full alert. A small amount of gold and some promises of drinks when their watch was over had diffused the situation nicely.

The city streets were dry, dusty and with the exception of those few squares with wells, mostly deserted. The arrival of a tall armoured and armed strangers garnered the usual worried glances from a few peddlers and despite their sudden silence, as he approached, a few beggars found themselves several copper pieces better off.

To start off with he had visited the barracks, which were usually a good source of information and occasional employ for mercenaries, but apart from the rumours of the impending destruction of an attack by Dragonsjem’s forces, not particularly uncommon in the few towns and cities this far north, there was nothing of any particular interest to Cathan.

He then spent a few hours purchasing a few supplies, it was apparently market day and the merchants street was fairly busy. He was examining the wares of a local merchant when there was a sudden outcry of ‘Stop, thief!’

Moments later a small figure dressed in tattered rags ran headlong out of the crowd and into Cathans leg, a trio of apples spilling onto the floor, followed shortly and unceremoniously by the figure itself. The crowd parted slightly, revealing a flustered looking overweight man dressed in a guards uniform, the man was gasping for air though he couldn’t have been running for more than a hundred yards or so, his armour was rusted and his clothes were stained in several places.

Cathan looked down at the thief and found himself looking at a young girl, her eyes wide with shock and fear, she glanced behind him and he turned to see two other children, also dressed in rags, staring mutely across the street.

“That girl is a thief! She stole those apples!” said the guard, evidently having managed to catch his breath after his short but evidently taxing exertion.

The crowd continued to watch, some of them muttering amongst themselves. Suddenly someone spoke out.

“I’m sure this is all unnecessary.” An old man pushed his way out of the crowd, the way he was dressed indicated he was a fruit merchant, probably the one whose apples had been stolen.

The guard glared at the fruit-seller before saying. “She stole those apples from your cart! She’s a thief and must be punished!” The guards voice to Cathans ears had a certain edge to it, it was one of those voices that for some inexplicable reason was annoying - it wasn’t that it was too high pitched or a bizarre accent, there actually was no consciously discernible reason to dislike the man's voice but nonetheless Cathan felt a growing need to make him shut up.

“Well I didn’t see her. I just gave her those apples.” Said the old man, the slightly pained smile he gave the girl a stark contrast to the disgusted scowl he aimed at the guard.

“You must be going senile in your old age!” snapped the guard. The old man stood there dumbfounded. The guard paused momentarily to signal his victory with a condescending sneer before starting towards Cathan and the girl.

“You said you gave her the apples?” said Cathan, calmly.

The merchant looked momentarily aback before speaking, “Y… Yes, I did.” He managed to stammer.

“I fail to see how she could have stolen something that was given to her.” Said Cathan placing an almost unnoticeable emphasis on the word ‘given’, the merchant noticed it and grinned broadly before continuing.

“Those were my thoughts exactly.” He said, still smiling.

The guard had stopped when Cathan had spoken and now stood halfway between the crowd and the young girl. The few isolated mutterings of the crowd had spread and now almost everyone was involved in a discussion with someone else.

“That being the case,” Cathan gently helped the girl to her feet, gathering up the apples and giving them to her as he did so, “I see no reason for her to be arrested.” The guard momentarily shot Cathan a murderous look, before thinking better of it and staring nervously at the ground. Cathan nodded sideways towards her friends/siblings and the girl ran off to join them, before the small group ran off down a side-alley and was lost from view.

The crowd started to disperse, the guard was still glaring angrily at the ground and the fruit merchant beckoned for Cathan to join him as he walked back to his stall.

“I’m not sure whether why you did that, stranger, but it’s a good thing for her you did.” He said almost whispering. Cathan looked down at him slightly puzzled. The merchant paused to sigh a moment and then continued, “He has… No… No, it’s probably better if you don’t know. But if there’s anything I can help you with?”

Cathan paused a moment before speaking. “Well if you could recommend an Inn, I’d be most grateful.” The merchant smiled again before giving Cathan some directions.

“Thank you,” said Cathan and handed the old man a gold piece.

“What’s this for?” said the old man, staring confusedly at the shiny high denomination coin he held in his palm.

“For the information and four apples.” said Cathan grinning and picking up only a single apple.

He turned and waved before following the directions he’d been given. The inn was more than adequate and certainly exceptional value. The normal no weapons rule had been waived for a few silver pieces and the promise that the enormous sword would stay in his room.

Cathan had a single drink and stayed in the bar drinking it slowly, but the only gossip that was passing about the room was of his ‘daring rescue’ of the girl. Despite the short length of time since it had actually happened the story had already grown and been exaggerated beyond belief. After another hour he went to his room and decided to get to sleep early, since he meant to leave before sunrise the next day...

… He was awoken a short time later by the sounds of fighting and screaming from outside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More later... Once my brain recovers from thinking...
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:19   #318
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme raises an eyebrow at Zorro as if to question his new getup, but remains silent on the matter.

“Might I suggest we get a bite to eat at the tavern, I think the old man could do with a drink, he's getting rather irritable and I wouldn't mind one myself, besides Zorro's good wife has already done more than enough in the way of feeding for strangers.”
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 02:59   #319
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro didn't hang around the tavern too often, mostly at the request of his wife, and quickly jumps at the opportunity*

"You're absolutely right. LAUREN? Don't bother with anything else, we're heading out now, I'll be back later, have Andrew get to work with the chores."

*Zorro didn't really expect his son to have everything done when he got back, but he had to start seriously doing chores sometime. He briskly heads out the door and towards the tavern.*
Unread 28 Mar 2004, 14:38   #320
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyRo`
Qualme raises an eyebrow at Zorro as if to question his new getup, but remains silent on the matter.

“Might I suggest we get a bite to eat at the tavern, I think the old man could do with a drink, he's getting rather irritable and I wouldn't mind one myself, besides Zorro's good wife has already done more than enough in the way of feeding for strangers.”
"Finally, something we agree on. As long as they serve wine of a fine vintage, then the tavern it is."

Eown looks at his clothes and smiles

"The church would be nice, i could do with some new robes... Still. Later. These will hold up for now."
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 01:55   #321
Sivart

Sivart is an unknown quantity at this point

/ooc Sorry about the week long delay. Haven't had access to the internet. There'll be a few more days before my next post as well ooc/

Sivart watches as Eown and Qualme head into the farmer's house. Prefering to sit and wait, he remains with his horse, slowly drifting off into a light doze.
Sivart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 00:37   #322
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro enters the tavern and has a much needed drink. All these travelers.....he had a feeling he'd be needing this sword, but he was getting odd looks from some of the townsfolk, as they all knew he was the clerics assistant as well. Zorro re-orders a sarsaparilla*
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 07:05   #323
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsjem
Everyone else: Join up and head to the old woman's. She lives beyond the village down a curvy almost undistinguisable path known only to locals (ie. Zorro). The smoke from her fireplace will be the only thing to guide those unknowing. (If Zorro doesn't post soon enough). The house is a small thatched hut, with a garden of odd plants surrounding it. On the door is a sign of protection. A lone grey cat prowls the garden.
Okay guys, Zorro is posting, how about getting on your way. *Pokes Zorro as his character would know this info*

Nibmacarion: Feel free to add lib more, so i have more to work with, you may take over DMing the blacksmith if all it has to do with is getting money.
The city is a typical medieval city with an abundance of humans but enough dwarfs and other races for non-humans to not look inconspicious..all except elves. They are not uncommon for the capital city, however you will get a few looks.
The blacksmith's shop is out of the way of the bustle of the city life. As you near it you can hear the clanging of a hammer to metal as the blacksmith works on his anvil. Getting closer the blacksmith stops midswing as he notices the elven mage nearing him, watching you with a wary countenence.

Spritely Zombie: Has your brain woken up from thinking too much yet?

[oh and i drew a map of the world i just need to get a chance to scan it in and get someone to upload it so you can get a better idea of where things are.]

Unread 2 Apr 2004, 07:38   #324
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
*still hasn't quite figured out why and when he dissapeared into thin air, but for some reason, several others have been ignoring his existence*

therefor, I think I'll be leaving the thread. if my char's been cast out of the group for some reason unknown to me, there's little to no reason to continue, since I do not intend to go solo. [/ooc]

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 23:32   #325
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro does not wait long at the bar, and heads out towards the old lady's house. If the others truley did not fear and wished to visit her, they would follow, he had no reason to try to coax anyone. Zorro had merely beeing looking for a reason to visit the bar, and doubles back, passing his house again in the process. He notes this time, a dwarf in the vicinity, and assuming he also is with the same group thats been in the area, motions for him to follow*

"Hey you there! Come along with me if you'd like to see some really odd stuff."
Unread 3 Apr 2004, 02:19   #326
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme puts down his half finished ale and heads to the door, grumbling under his breath,

“He could have at least given me enough time to finish my drink.”

As he leaves the tavern he hears Zorro addressing the dwarf.

“Master dwarf, if your not going to try your luck with that axe of yours on my neck then you may as well join us, we may receive information that is of some interest to you, then you'll be free to use it as you see fit.”
Unread 4 Apr 2004, 05:30   #327
Rhyspar
FR=Faile GoD=Rhyspar

Rhyspar is an unknown quantity at this point

Rhyspar awoke with a start, realizing that she had fallen asleep leaned right against the same wall that she had gone to hours ago in order to escape the rain. Noting the weather was back to its cheerful self, in fact nearing nightfall she realized that she better get on her way. Walking through the outskirts of the town she noticed a steady stream of smoke off to the distance. Remembering Zorro's talk about the "mysterious old woman" and the information she may hold Rhyspar set herself in a course towards it.

Perhaps this woman can give me a clue towards my brothers whereabouts...
Rhyspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2004, 00:31   #328
Sivart

Sivart snorts and wakes with a jolt in time to see Eown, Qualme, and the farmer dressed in armor walk off. Slowly shaking off his lethargy, he nudges the horse and follows.
Unread 5 Apr 2004, 03:08   #329
Rhyspar
FR=Faile GoD=Rhyspar

For almost twenty minutes Rhyspar trekked forward, trying to stay facing the smoke. Often she had to backtrack, eventually discovering an old slightly worn down path through the woods. Atleast, it looked like it might of been a path, once. And that once would of been a really long time ago Rhyspar thought, bending over and scrutinizing the ground as she went.

Finally she reached an old worn down hovel in the middle of the woods. Warily Rhyspar approached it, knocking nervously on the door.

ooc:there fixed, its magical aint it./ooc

Last edited by Rhyspar; 5 Apr 2004 at 15:31.
Unread 5 Apr 2004, 05:45   #330
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*As Zorro approaches the house he finds the gnome already inside the gate. He shakes his head and sighs. You don't just waltz into Balia's yard. Weird things could happen. There were rumors she'd turned one of the townsfolk into a newt. When questioned further his only response was "I got better.....".*

"Balia! Are you there? It's me, Zorro! I've brought a few friends with me, so you can stay calm. Can we come speak with you?"
Unread 5 Apr 2004, 06:51   #331
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

OOC/ Rhyspar, the old woman is MY NPC. That is not the personality I want for her at all. Plz delete any of your post beyond knocking on the door. Zorro your post is fine however. , I'll DM in the morning/OOC

Unread 5 Apr 2004, 15:29   #332
Rhyspar
FR=Faile GoD=Rhyspar

ooc: i needed something to go on so you'd know where i atleast wanted to take that bit. which is why i ended off where i did, sides if she just knocks on the door any creative aspect of that post which was little to begin with goes out the window, but your the boss./ooc.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 05:21   #333
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

ooc/ the point is I created the NPC with a main idea of what i wanted to do with her. With your post you changed the entire personality of her and the information she is going to give you. She does NOT know you ahead of time and she is NOT that nasty. I told you to join up with the rest of the group or follow them because I didn't want you to get to the old lady before them, but i'll work with what i have../ooc

Rhyspar: As you wait outside her door, the grey cat peers from the tall plants surronded the raggity fenced in area, unseen by you. Suddenly, you see a flash of grey flying around the corner of the house, sensing more of the motion than actually seeing it leaving you momentarily disoriented. It races around the other corner of the house then stops, glaring up from your feet and hissing. It's back arched in a threatening manner, looking like it would pounce any moment.

Everyone: (I'm adjusting to Zorro's post a little but it fit my idea well enough and i like the name you picked ):
You come apon the cottage just in time to see the situation Rhyspar has gotten herself into. The cat glares at her, giving no sign of backing down. As Zorro reprimands Rhyspar, the cat backs down a little hearing it's mistress' name. It's gaze still locked on the little gnome but its defenses dropping.

A strong wind blows strongly through the clearing, swirling through the plants and trees. Disappearing as quickly as it came. A silloette appears in the woods behind the house, moving towards a wood pile beside the house. As the figure emerges you can see an old woman, long graying thin hair in disaray, grey eyes peering out from the wrinkles. Her clothes are old and worn. A simplistic dress flowing to the ground, covered in patches. Her feet are surprising bare, the soles hardden from years in the woods. She walks hunched over, a bundle of sticks resting on her back. Moving toward the piles she drops them and begins moving toward the gate, not acknowledging you. Passing by you, Balia moves to open the gate, slipping past you into her garden.

Passing by Rhyspar, she takes a seat in a shakey looking chair sitting below a window. Whistling softly, the cat turns and jumps into her lap. Her bony fingers with dirt covered nails stroke through the cats fur a few times before she looks up again. Glancing first at Rhyspar then toward the group at the gate. Nodding then begins to speak, her voice raspy.
"Ah the flames of greed have guided questers to my door once more. Seeking glory or death they come and they succeed in both...... Balia knows what you seek. What you always seek. The prey seeks the predator. The blance of nature has shifted......"

Unread 6 Apr 2004, 18:31   #334
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro turns to the group that followed him*

"Well, that's her. Let's go. Just keep your eyes open eh?"

*Zorro enters and moves closer to Balia.*

"Greetings Balia. Some of my friends here have traversed a great distance, for reasons which you probably already know. As much as I would like to ignore it, the shadows of darkness are even beginning to block the light in this small village. I fear that soon the whole earth will be covered in it and light may be found nowhere. You know what happened to my village when I was a boy. I must not let that happen again....but enough of that for now, please allow my friends to come forth and introduce themselves."

*Zorro makes a hand motion to the rest. He would have introduced them all, but did not know the names of either the dwarf or the rider on horseback who had been following at a distance. For this lack of knowledge, he simply steps back to let them introduce themselves*
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 21:03   #335
Rhyspar
FR=Faile GoD=Rhyspar

When your only three feet tall cats can be a reasonable threat, but having dealt with much worse Rhyspar wasn't too worried. The only fear she held was accidently hurting the animal if she had to defend herself, wouldn't want to offend the owner. Especially considering it was most likely the very woman she needed advice from. As she contemplated, Zorro appeared. A group of travellers behind him. He took one look at Rhyspar and the cat and immediatly began berrating her. Staying quiet and letting Zorro have his say she dismissed his critizism as fast as it came and soon Zorro turned to another subject. Speaking out loud his words directed to who Rhyspar assumed was the old woman. Listening to Zorro she learned the name of Balia.

Moments after he spoke a hunched, who Rhyspar could only guess was Balia, women came from the forest. Pile of sticks on her back. Soon Balia was sitting in her chair, only a few feet away from Rhyspar. Then, she spoke.

"Ah the flames of greed have guided questers to my door once more. Seeking glory or death they come and they succeed in both...... Balia knows what you seek. What you always seek. The prey seeks the predator. The blance of nature has shifted......"

Before Rhyspar had a chance to say anything Zorro had entered and moved past her, beginning to speak to Balia. Rhyspar sighed and lent against the door, content to wait for the others to step forward and make their requests. However, after a few moments went by with no one moving forward Rhyspar changed her mind.

"I'm not quite sure about this prey seeking predator thing, maybe the others know of more involving this. I come from far away, passing through this village I heard of your wisdom and came to seek guidance. For many years I have been searching for my brother, my main concern is with this. Anything you could say that may help with my quest would be appreciated, anything you could say that would help guide me as what to do next for I fear that I shall soon give up hope on ever finding him."

Rhyspar spoke these words quietly, not wishing for her troubles to become public knowledge just yet.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 01:40   #336
Sivart

Sivart slowly dismounts and leads the horse until he's standing just behind the group and listens. Not sure as what he should say or do, he chooses to remain silent so that he doesn't miss any needed information or a golden opportunity.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 03:24   #337
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

*Bailia's head drops again, focusing her attention onto the cat curled up in her lap once again., it's contented purr rather loud as she listens to the plees of the warriors. Her thoughts flashing though the faces of the numerous warriors that had sought her out on the same quest. Glancing up at the group with a sadness in her eyes as the image of dragonsjem flashes into her mind, breaking her thoughts. Sighing she turns to the finally silent warriors*

"Faces, all the same....
Names are empty...
Souls lost, will keep being lost.....
Trapped in darkness"

"You speak with impurtence and urgency...." *Balia shakes her head* "Your way is flawed"

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 06:33   #338
Rhyspar
FR=Faile GoD=Rhyspar

After phrasing her request Rhyspar waited, and although it seemed like Balia would soon be giving her an answer she found she was mistaken. Instead Balia turned her focus towards the warriors who Rhyspar had gathered, were setting out on a quest. She decided to wait a few more moments before she would give up hope on the old woman being able to tell her anything of value for Rhyspars own path.

Eyes passing over the warriors she briefly wondered what quest this group of fighters was planning on doing, and if they had any sort of healing potions.

Hmm, maybe they'd be interested in buying a few off of me. Their not that hard to brew and I can probably give them a better price then any big city shop.

After contemplating approaching the group later on Rhyspar turned her attention back to Balia, waiting to see if any response to her plea was forecoming.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 07:04   #339
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

ooc// Rhyspar, most of those comments were directed to you, as the rest of the group is standing right next to you.. It fit for the rest too but it's mostly to you. And Balia is not a fortune teller or anything, just a very old, knowledgeable woman. She can't look in a magic ball and find your brother/. You said he disappeared when running from dragonsjem's minions. Think about that. She figures that too which is why she says what she says.//ooc

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 21:00   #340
Rhyspar
FR=Faile GoD=Rhyspar

ooc: I never noticed anything saying that anyone other then sivart and zorro entered. I was under the assumption that, as per planned from the begginning that all the warriors were all the RPers that were in town. since zorro and sivart were the only ones who mentioned anything about going through the gate i assumed everyone else hadn't yet approached her. and i never made any references to her being magic. i made references to wisdom but not magically knowing everything. and my words never asked her anything to say otherwise. not to mention i figured that since you said she was talking to the warriors, thats who she was talking to. not the three foot tall healer with no weapons./ooc
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 04:34   #341
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

ooc// Balia sees you all as warriors. Even if you don't fight, you have taken on the challenge of going after dragonsjem, even if not directly. Besides. i'm working it as if everyone bar flapjack and spirtely zombie is with Zorro. It would be pointless to leave them in the town. You have to understand that in a thread if the person doesn't post because they are away, doesn't mean you left them in the last town. They just become someone who is dragged along with you being silent. Also, YOU were the one saying you lost someone. She was responding to YOU. She turned TOWARD the warriors who are BEHIND and NEXT to you, therefore she was looking at you.//ooc

Unread 8 Apr 2004, 05:31   #342
PyRo`
Posts++;

This better not be a waste of my time, she just looks like a withered old hag to me.

“Good, you know our type well, then we shouldn't need to waste too much of your time. Tell me, what do we seek and where can we find it, then I at least shall be gone from your sights and you can continue to waste away your days of bitter solitude or whatever it is you do out here all alone in the middle of nowhere.”

Qualme eyes the cat, horrible creatures, he's never liked them, they make his skin crawl, though he can sort of relate to them, they're natural killers, they'll kill for fun and to survive and they're loyal only to their selves, completely useless companions, much better off with a well trained hound, but for some reason withered up old hags are always found with at least two cats.
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 06:36   #343
Rhyspar
FR=Faile GoD=Rhyspar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsjem
ooc// Balia sees you all as warriors. Even if you don't fight, you have taken on the challenge of going after dragonsjem, even if not directly. Besides. i'm working it as if everyone bar flapjack and spirtely zombie is with Zorro. It would be pointless to leave them in the town. You have to understand that in a thread if the person doesn't post because they are away, doesn't mean you left them in the last town. They just become someone who is dragged along with you being silent. Also, YOU were the one saying you lost someone. She was responding to YOU. She turned TOWARD the warriors who are BEHIND and NEXT to you, therefore she was looking at you.//ooc
ooc: well most of that wasn't percieved whatsoever atleast by my character so if i'm supposed to be able to get along without much direction from you then its pretty easy to just roll with what i posted, doesn't interfere with storyline very much. And I know that I should end up with Zorros group, I already started getting a thought pattern going where that would happen if you read my post. as a general rule I don't assume everyone facing my direction is directing their attention at me./ooc.
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 14:34   #344
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown eyes the woman with some distrust. He smiles, evidently at the choice of words by the source of worldly knowledge, and slowly, he thinks apon her words. His smile slowly dissappears as the realisation sinks in. He chuckles outwardly, before popping the cork from the bottle of wine he collected from the bar. Taking a deep swig, he offers the wise-woman some.

"So you knew the first group who went after the dragon? I suppose you knew that man who assaulted us in the first village. I also suppose you know the only reasons we are here are no less selfish. You also know the outcome."

Eown takes another deep swig.

"My village was killed by Him. Or at least it was something very similar to him. Our reasons are only ever going to be selfish, for we have all lost something, or someone. You talk in riddles, subtle ploys of distraction, to confuse and bewilder the younger, more hasty. I see you mean the souls of those who fought last time. Those who fight us now. Am I right?"

Eown puts the bottle down, and he looks deeply into Balia's eyes. He see's what she sees, that instant of sadness. That bitter and twisted soul.

"If you can help us, I implore you to try. You hide behind that bitter shell, because you failed. By my guess, you are probably twice, maybe three times as old as me. You speak of flaws. Look at yourself and tell us about sorrow, and sadness, and..."

He spits her name

"dragonsjem. Because if you can't, then god help the world."

Eown puts the cork back into his bottle of wine, and places it by his feet as he sits to listen to the woman's response.
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 15:42   #345
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

I for one would be glad to die if it meant the dragonlady would no longer be able to instill fear into the hearts of our families and loved ones... and each of her draconic minions slayn are a thousand children that no longer wake up with nightmares, but rather sleep peacefully, and awake, remembering their dreams of candy and joy...

I am on this quest, for a dream. a dream shared by thousands upon thousands of people. if that is selfish, then I am guilty, and shall attone for my sins, but ONLY after I've succeeded in my mission!

Unread 10 Apr 2004, 16:19   #346
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

i'll try to DM either tonight or at least tomorrow as I get out of work early Sunday. Sorry for delays.

Unread 10 Apr 2004, 22:02   #347
Heiro
'Mael'

Don't worry about it. It's not like this is going to be a short conversation anyway...
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 01:05   #348
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

ooc// So sorry for the delay. Ever have one of those weeks where EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING goes wrong.//ooc

*Balia listens carefully to those speaking, biding her time, uncaring of their impatience. Her years of solitude led her to care not for the passage of time. She smiles a little at the elder ones words, seeing he's understanding somewhat.*

The Wingless lizard perches
The soul corrupted
The monster pure
Power is her curse.....

Waiting to attack.
Biding her time.
Watching you.
Learning.....

Eyes everywhere
Will be everywhere
In those you fear
In those you trust
Nowhere safe.
Friend and foes are one.

You must trust though.
You must learn.
You must be as one.
Distrust is her plaything.
Hate fuels her fires.

Many have tried.
Many you know not of.
She kills some.
She corrupts others.
Her heart ...her mind...her soul is dark.
As is her hold over others.

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 20:25   #349
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Not knowing exactly how to respond to Balia, who continued talking in riddles, Zorro looks around the group, who also stand in silence. Finally he speaks up to break the uncomfortable silence.*

"The Lady, the wingless lizard, corrupted by the curse of power. She's watching us.....learning our strengths and weaknesses, waiting for the perfect time to attack. She can see everywhere, making nowhere safe. We must be one to defeat her. Unity is the key. Others have gone before us to try to stop her, but she either kills or corrupts all. Is this what you mean to tell us?"
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 23:00   #350
Heiro
'Mael'

"Young man. She speaks volumes. Or do they not teach you to listen. What is our foes name, or do you dare not utter it for fear of the nightmares that follow it everywhere?"

Eown shifts uncomfortably at the lack of comprehension on the faces of his companions. I'm not explaining it, I'll continue the debate. Although I already know the answers to all I intend to ask .

"As you say. The wingless dragon. She's been stalking us for years. You state all this as if you know her, and now I have a more solidified belief that you do. Who else could talk of her with such bravado. Power is her strength. Also her curse. Also her weakness. And I understand the warnings. Enemies and friends as foes. I know this all to well. Don't scare the poor people, I doubt some of our member have the resolve."

Eown doesn't lose his flow, he keeps calm and urges his mind forward.

"We've met and example of the 'cursed' or the 'turned'. By all gods he was strong. I can't say I knew him, but I knew of him, in my studies. The death he has caused since is tremendous. We need to deal with each in turn, and he is high on the list of things to stop. Possibly more managable than the master." Pausing for breath, he stops only momentarily

"Now, I understand many things. Thankyou lady. I have but one question. One thing that stops me from coming up with a stragegem we could use. We must learn, but learn what. There are many things I can teach, Impart or share. But without any idea as to what, I am at a loss for words. A rare thing. What say you?"

Eown drinks deeply from his wine, sensing an answer he'd rather not hear.