User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 Jul 2015, 00:06   #151
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Second half of the round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
We have barely touched CT and Ult. We have had a significant chunk of the round p targetting p3nguins and vice versa and a significant chunk of the round gal raiding.

We hit some bf forts successfully earlier in the round and Asc now. You really are quite thick
The round is over 3 days ago, wether u hit asc the last 5 days matters not to 90% of the univers.
After the Rogues vs CT/BF/BowS CF we barely had any Rogues inc, but by then we had allready been held back enough for us to do any significant political moves this round, wich again brings me back to the two crabs in the bucket

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 00:13   #152
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

What is your point? Because you're losing my interest
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 00:15   #153
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

You barely had any Rogues inc anyway. If we wanted to give you major incs, we would have done. Same as CT. No incentive to do so as neither of you has been particularly hostile to us this round. As previously mentioned, we've just paid allies back for hitting us.
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 00:19   #154
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
There was also a 3 night stage where we p targetted HR for hitting our forts 4 nights in the row. Seems justified to me.

If you would like a rough breakdown:

200 ticks of cores
72 ticks of BF
72 ticks of HR
100 ticks of Asc
250 ticks of P3n
200 ticks of gal raiding

Seems like a lot of time up to this current tick to hit Rainbows...right?!
Okey, say you put 1400 incs on BF/HR/asc/P3ng this far.
Realisticly the remaining 400 incs been on Ult, CT, ND, FL, Norse, ODDR, and BowS?

Unread 4 Jul 2015, 00:23   #155
Krypton
KK

Tiring. Done with you
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 00:33   #156
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Tiring. Done with you
Its just math dude, try get it right.
Lets say youve doubled you activity since last round, you maybe sent out 1600 fleets this far.
Averaging 1,85 fleets each tick, how on earth can you get close to 300 fleets on bows during a 200 ticks "gal raiding" period?

Unread 4 Jul 2015, 00:35   #157
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
I think that was the initial plan. Because with ct+bf against Ult they(ult) still did 1 fleet attack and actually roided a few BF planets.
You managed to land one maybe two days when there was no-one DCing. We like you pumped a lot of value into defencive anti-Ultores ships. For the majority you struggled to land, as did we with you.

Last edited by Clouds; 4 Jul 2015 at 00:41.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 01:03   #158
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Its just math dude, try get it right.
Lets say youve doubled you activity since last round, you maybe sent out 1600 fleets this far.
Averaging 1,85 fleets each tick, how on earth can you get close to 300 fleets on bows during a 200 ticks "gal raiding" period?
we havent
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 07:47   #159
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

I think I was quite surprised by the low number attack fleets from rogues to be honest. The most we ever had was just above the 60's and the lowest was down to the late 30's. In comparison p3ng lowest is 32 and highest 54, which is probably why it became quite an even fight, especially as we were just gal raiding you.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 08:35   #160
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
I think I was quite surprised by the low number attack fleets from rogues to be honest. The most we ever had was just above the 60's and the lowest was down to the late 30's. In comparison p3ng lowest is 32 and highest 54, which is probably why it became quite an even fight, especially as we were just gal raiding you.
Rogues on the offense last round was really poor, but they put 70 fleets onto 4.1 this morning, so they have improved. However since this seems to be half made up of people three fleeting, so if they were having to run a defence then clearly they wouldnt be hitting so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
You managed to land one maybe two days when there was no-one DCing. We like you pumped a lot of value into defencive anti-Ultores ships. For the majority you struggled to land, as did we with you.
DeeJay is Asc so he wasnt landing you at all at the time in question!
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 09:15   #161
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Whats ur total from Rogues?

Unread 4 Jul 2015, 10:37   #162
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Unread 4 Jul 2015, 10:54   #163
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Thats from 250 ticks of targetting + gal raiding
That realy proves to me that Krypton is talking Bulls***.
With such fleet activity according to our incs from Rogues they mustve been targetting BowS/p3ng for 2/3rd of their round

Unread 4 Jul 2015, 11:16   #164
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

its currently tick 855 what were rogues doing for the other 605 ticks BB?
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 11:17   #165
Krypton
KK

Erm no. This just proves how retarded you are.

1) We haven't sent 300 fleets at Rainbows as you claim.

2) When we were p targetting p3ng, we were only 1 fleeting, max 2 fleeting and the forts they were attacking grounded to make better use of cross defence...although, some did better than others.

Your comments continue to show how short-sighted and stupid you are. We have targetted p3ng for a third of the round basically. We have not targetted Rainbows with a high intensity at all.
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 11:19   #166
Krypton
KK

Maybe you are confused BB because it's been hard for us to land on p3nguins due to their spread out nature. So we did send a few fleets at others in there gals that we didn't have naps with to minimize in gal def. Same as what we are doing with asc now
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 13:21   #167
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Erm no. This just proves how retarded you are.

1) We haven't sent 300 fleets at Rainbows as you claim.

2) When we were p targetting p3ng, we were only 1 fleeting, max 2 fleeting and the forts they were attacking grounded to make better use of cross defence...although, some did better than others.

Your comments continue to show how short-sighted and stupid you are. We have targetted p3ng for a third of the round basically. We have not targetted Rainbows with a high intensity at all.
I said up to 300 fleets, last time i counted it was over 200, and that was weeks ago.
My point being that Rogues did the same as Asc all round, but all it resulted in was bows/hr/p3ng/rogues wernt allowed to grow, two crabs in a bucket

Unread 4 Jul 2015, 16:00   #168
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
tbh we could never have defeated your dispersed population anyway as too much ingal defence from non p3ng, thats why a lot of us grew bored of it, we would have been better off gal raiding normally and just out roiding you while defending. you'd have grown bored quicker that way as it was a fight you wanted... not to be ignored.
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 19:37   #169
Munkee
Dictator

Strange comment - "bored"

You had a raid up showing you were hitting ascendancy, then switched to ptarget of p3ng. At that point we changed our raid to hit your gals. If I hadn't have seen your raid we wouldnt have reacted that night. I assume what really happened was that you got bashed by a few alliances, decided you wanted to "nub roid" and then thought "hmmm why not just ptarget some "nubz" to boost morale".

I honestly believe you didn't realise we would put up any form of fight. You assumed it would be a walk over with your cr fleets (your build strategy is terrible btw you should have listened to krypton). When 50+ players couldn't hold down a tag with 35 at the time, you were the ones losing morale. Infact one of the nights as krypton suggested you switched to hitting p3ng and some of their gal mates, we gained 1.2k roids from you that day, which was another fail move strategically. P3ng had 0 to lose by hitting rogues after you made the first move to hit us. We could have continued for the rest of the round as it was macen that came to me stating how you were done and wanted to make peace, not us.

Your e-dick isn't as big as you think and if anything rogues has proven to be another mid-tier wannabe alliance. If you want respect you fight with the big boys and make a difference. You lost your way this round when you backed down from two nights of incoming whilst trying to support ult. As agar3s mentioned, HR got the balls when it comes to fighting above their weight when they dont need to even be in the fight to start with.
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 20:27   #170
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Rogues prolly got their strat from Ult to begin with.
Personaly i think CR as one of the weakest choice for any allie vut ult this round

Unread 5 Jul 2015, 00:25   #171
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden View Post
Yeah but you know me, ive always been a vindictive b*stard lol and to me if someone roids us, we hit them right back and show them that we will take back our stuff if we can... and if we cant we will be a nuisance. BF raided us several times and we ignored it and were given the Ascendancy promise of "soon, be patient."

This is total crap. It was -me- that did all negotiations and talks with Rogues. Not once did I promise we would hit BlackFlag. Not a single time. The only comment even -close- that is when me and Reaper spoke about Ultores and when I said Ultores weren't clos to needing help. Reaper found the comment curious and whether it meant I was considering helping Ultores. My reply was "I wouldn't dismiss it."

Not once did Ascendancy promise Rogues we would hit BlackFlag nor was it a condition for the agreement between Rogues/Ascendancy/Faceless.

Mz already has put forward exactly what happened. It was nothing that Ascendancy did. Our deal between Asc/Rogues/Faceless was as Mz explained and Rogues didn't uphold it's end. Worse, it broke the golden rule for us to remain independent for the war and went to support Ultores without discussion with either Asc or Faceless. As Mz said, we took that as a sign that our agreement was over.

Rogues weren't in the least backstabbed, so if their actions right now are trying to be justified as that, then it's totally incorrect and whoever has told you this has misinformed you.

I'd hold far more respect for Rogues if they were hitting Ascendancy just because they are supporting Ultores as their allies rather than some made up story that is completely untrue.

[Edit - For those wondering why Faceless and Ascendancy would even hit Rogues - it was to enforce our neutrality to both sides. Rogues were seen as being linked to Asc/Faceless so when they went to openly support Ultores, we ran the risk of CT/BF believing we had done so. We gal raided some Rogues to then prove we had no part in Rogues choice to help Ultores and that our neutrality remained. I personally felt more sorry for Rogues as I had warned them to remain neutral. If Rogues had remained so, the round could be very different now]

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony

Last edited by Zh|l; 5 Jul 2015 at 00:31.
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 06:19   #172
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
This is total crap. It was -me- that did all negotiations and talks with Rogues. Not once did I promise we would hit BlackFlag. Not a single time. The only comment even -close- that is when me and Reaper spoke about Ultores and when I said Ultores weren't clos to needing help. Reaper found the comment curious and whether it meant I was considering helping Ultores. My reply was "I wouldn't dismiss it."

Not once did Ascendancy promise Rogues we would hit BlackFlag nor was it a condition for the agreement between Rogues/Ascendancy/Faceless.
Cant really comment then without Reaper stepping in to give his side, he has stated to many of us however that you told us to be patient and that we would get to return the raids BF did on us then.

Quote:
Mz already has put forward exactly what happened. It was nothing that Ascendancy did. Our deal between Asc/Rogues/Faceless was as Mz explained and Rogues didn't uphold it's end. Worse, it broke the golden rule for us to remain independent for the war and went to support Ultores without discussion with either Asc or Faceless. As Mz said, we took that as a sign that our agreement was over.

Rogues weren't in the least backstabbed, so if their actions right now are trying to be justified as that, then it's totally incorrect and whoever has told you this has misinformed you.
No we consider it a backstab because you didnt even give us a courtesy 24 hours warning that you would hit us. Which is something we even gave BF who where not on particularly good terms with.
Quote:
I'd hold far more respect for Rogues if they were hitting Ascendancy just because they are supporting Ultores as their allies rather than some made up story that is completely untrue.
Most of us go based upon what we were told, and just because you chose to mislead Reaper into your true intentions and personally im still waiting for BF to verify that there was a joint BF-Asc channel. in which case that was a blatant betrayal of the pact between Asc-FL and Rogues under the terms Mz stated earlier.
Quote:
[Edit - For those wondering why Faceless and Ascendancy would even hit Rogues - it was to enforce our neutrality to both sides. Rogues were seen as being linked to Asc/Faceless so when they went to openly support Ultores, we ran the risk of CT/BF believing we had done so. We gal raided some Rogues to then prove we had no part in Rogues choice to help Ultores and that our neutrality remained. I personally felt more sorry for Rogues as I had warned them to remain neutral. If Rogues had remained so, the round could be very different now]
Perhaps had you given R6 your clear intentions from the start things may have been different. But when you are dealing with your enemy even though your supposed friend is chaffing because they would like to strike back... well it wasnt going to end well when all R6 could say to us was "be patient better targets will come."

Most of rogues wasnt really comfortable bottom feeding, its damned boring as a whole, not that we did well as an alliance this round anyway. We bounced around from 1 objective to another without sticking to a single one.

Personally I would have rather gone down in flames than that which is why I tried to get Rogues to 3 fleet you guys after you hit us, because from the position of the average Rogue member you crapped on us from a great height when you didnt even give us warning. and you speak of Asc and FL... FL didnt join in when you decided to not give us warning just jump on us when everyone else did.

Ascendancy as a whole played the round politically very well, and yes things would have been very different had Rogues been more in tune with what you had "planned" but thats the thing about making plans and then not sharing enough information.

(Just for the record... the Rogues-Ult nap was probably as much of a surprise to the average Rogue member as it was to Asc/FL. But that does not negate the point that you did not even give us a courtesy 24 hour warning that you would be hitting us, that is the main reason why there is so much venom towards you. Because no matter how you twist it... that is a backstab.)
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 06:33   #173
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Strange comment - "bored"

You had a raid up showing you were hitting ascendancy, then switched to ptarget of p3ng. At that point we changed our raid to hit your gals. If I hadn't have seen your raid we wouldnt have reacted that night. I assume what really happened was that you got bashed by a few alliances, decided you wanted to "nub roid" and then thought "hmmm why not just ptarget some "nubz" to boost morale".

I honestly believe you didn't realise we would put up any form of fight. You assumed it would be a walk over with your cr fleets (your build strategy is terrible btw you should have listened to krypton). When 50+ players couldn't hold down a tag with 35 at the time, you were the ones losing morale. Infact one of the nights as krypton suggested you switched to hitting p3ng and some of their gal mates, we gained 1.2k roids from you that day, which was another fail move strategically. P3ng had 0 to lose by hitting rogues after you made the first move to hit us. We could have continued for the rest of the round as it was macen that came to me stating how you were done and wanted to make peace, not us.

Your e-dick isn't as big as you think and if anything rogues has proven to be another mid-tier wannabe alliance. If you want respect you fight with the big boys and make a difference. You lost your way this round when you backed down from two nights of incoming whilst trying to support ult. As agar3s mentioned, HR got the balls when it comes to fighting above their weight when they dont need to even be in the fight to start with.
I wasnt party to the ptargetting thing and me and my bg which was basically 1/5 of Rogues barely took part on any raid versus you guys because quite frankly they were a stupid diversion.

I was the one who chose that Asc attack you spoke of... and I was the one who went to the pub and came back to find out that we were ptargetting an alliance who had no forts and essentially couldnt be beaten no matter how strong unless we nailed you 1 or 2 planets at a time... which for an alliance who had done relatively minor harm to us compared to others was a waste.

Thus we only attacked on perhaps 3 or 4 occasions. and considering we used to book between 5 and 8 targets between us, put a dent in what damage Rogues could do to you.

Thus the comment on "bored"

You are however correct. Rogues wasnt ready to jump into the arena when it meant getting hit by 5 alliances... tbh we could cover 1-2 okayish, but 3 made us start to crack... 5... well 5 flattened us.

My suggestion was to say screw defence and go all out attack with 120-150 fleets a night, so that it would make covering them difficult for the DC's so that while we may not be keeping our roids... we would be screwing with our enemies sleep... It wasnt ignored... it was chickened out on hours before launch.

Anyways this round has been interesting for medium sized alliances but as a whole its been wasted on pissing contests. (Hell the whole Rogue-HR thing was stupid, we hit them... they hit us back... so we hit harder and on and on)

Note: I have had absolutely minimal input on any Rogue political stuff(My views tend to be on the aggressive side and thus wasnt really productive.) Thus I base my views upon what we were told by our HC, who while over enthusiastic have little reason to lie to us.
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 08:22   #174
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Rogues prolly got their strat from Ult to begin with.
Personaly i think CR as one of the weakest choice for any allie vut ult this round
lol
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 08:23   #175
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Just for the record... the Rogues-Ult nap was probably as much of a surprise to the average Rogue member as it was to Asc/FL. But that does not negate the point that you did not even give us a courtesy 24 hour warning that you would be hitting us, that is the main reason why there is so much venom towards you. Because no matter how you twist it... that is a backstab.
From our point of view, we didn't agree to end the agreement, you failed to hold up your end. That made the agreement as a whole null and void, releasing us from our obligation to a 24 hour cooldown period. Look at it this way: under Dutch law, if you lose your job, you're eligible for unemployment benefits for some time, but when you quit your job, you don't get shit.

I realize that is all very cool and clinical. We could very easily have waited a bit longer, and in hindsight we should have, considering your feelings about the event. It would've saved us some trouble down the road.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 08:24   #176
Krypton
KK

Quote:
I wasnt party to the ptargetting thing and me and my bg which was basically 1/5 of Rogues barely took part on any raid versus you guys because quite frankly they were a stupid diversion.

I was the one who chose that Asc attack you spoke of... and I was the one who went to the pub and came back to find out that we were ptargetting an alliance who had no forts and essentially couldnt be beaten no matter how strong unless we nailed you 1 or 2 planets at a time... which for an alliance who had done relatively minor harm to us compared to others was a waste.

Thus we only attacked on perhaps 3 or 4 occasions. and considering we used to book between 5 and 8 targets between us, put a dent in what damage Rogues could do to you.

Thus the comment on "bored"

You are however correct. Rogues wasnt ready to jump into the arena when it meant getting hit by 5 alliances... tbh we could cover 1-2 okayish, but 3 made us start to crack... 5... well 5 flattened us.

My suggestion was to say screw defence and go all out attack with 120-150 fleets a night, so that it would make covering them difficult for the DC's so that while we may not be keeping our roids... we would be screwing with our enemies sleep... It wasnt ignored... it was chickened out on hours before launch.

Anyways this round has been interesting for medium sized alliances but as a whole its been wasted on pissing contests. (Hell the whole Rogue-HR thing was stupid, we hit them... they hit us back... so we hit harder and on and on)

Note: I have had absolutely minimal input on any Rogue political stuff(My views tend to be on the aggressive side and thus wasnt really productive.) Thus I base my views upon what we were told by our HC, who while over enthusiastic have little reason to lie to us.

Doubt we'd ever get 120-150 fleets a night out attacking. To many people in Rogues who play abc pa for that.

Also, good point that fl didn't feel the need to join in.

However, I think it was very naive of our HC's to put faith in Zhil, a man with strong ties to certain allies
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 08:38   #177
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

However, I think it was very naive of our HC's to put faith in Zhil, a man with strong ties to certain allies
I smell bullshit...
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 08:41   #178
Krypton
KK

Unread 5 Jul 2015, 10:01   #179
Advantix

Advantix is a jewel in the roughAdvantix is a jewel in the roughAdvantix is a jewel in the rough

This Krypton guy talkes nothing but bullshit. You make BB look like a decent guy. Trolling forums all you do? sad life.
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 10:03   #180
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
From our point of view, we didn't agree to end the agreement, you failed to hold up your end. That made the agreement as a whole null and void, releasing us from our obligation to a 24 hour cooldown period. Look at it this way: under Dutch law, if you lose your job, you're eligible for unemployment benefits for some time, but when you quit your job, you don't get shit.

I realize that is all very cool and clinical. We could very easily have waited a bit longer, and in hindsight we should have, considering your feelings about the event. It would've saved us some trouble down the road.
See in a way I see your point, but we didnt have a NAP which would have been equivelent to a job. When you work together on attacks and avoid each other its a bit more akin to an alliance even if we didnt have one in paper.

In truth I think the biggest problem appears to have been awful communication, without firm boundaries. Asc and FL were firmly allied, yet from what you're saying Rogues was being treated like a distant cousin and expected to toe the line without being included in the partnership... causing a lot more confusion than was needed.

Perhaps you were not being as opportunistic as we originally thought, but it still there were failures on both sides. Poor communication being the main one, Ascendancy HC tried to game the system too much and Rogues HC acted impulsively due to not being experienced enough and having no firm plan.
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 10:32   #181
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, I guess you're right, we were closer to Faceless than Rogues. We had been allied with them for a while before you came into the picture, and had a full alliance ingame too.

This is what PA politics is. bad communication and imperfect information is how you can have 2 alliances who feel they were backstabbed by the other. Both alliances feel they have solid justifications, and both will react accordingly.

I try not to carry such grudges around for too long.

Quote:
Doubt we'd ever get 120-150 fleets a night out attacking.
Confirmed. For comparison: Ascendancy has gotten about 50 fleets of Rogues incs a night for the last 3 nights.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 10:53   #182
Munkee
Dictator

Quote:
Confirmed. For comparison: Ascendancy has gotten about 50 fleets of Rogues incs a night for the last 3 nights.
Myth busted!
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 12:33   #183
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Also, good point that fl didn't feel the need to join in.

Well that's incorrect as Faceless did hit some Rogues. Mz already covered the terms and i'm sorry if you feel betrayed when you were the ones to walk away.

I never once misled Reaper and I was quite open with him during conversations. Whether you choose to believe me is up to you, I've no reason to lie and frankly, I've got the proof on my phone. When Rogues were part of the Asc/Fl alliance we actually made it quite clear you were covered by the Asc/Fl deal to other alliances like BlackFlag and CT.

What 'strong ties' to certain allies do you reference? Is this the cock and ball story that we have a joint channel with Blackflag? Infact, if your HC had listened to my advise you would'nt have been put in the position you were. Running away and abandoning two of your allies to go fight for Ultores instead was something I didn't see as in Rogues favour at all.

The only link you have for me is that I took over some politics for Black Flag last round and that due to this I have access to the Black Flag member channel. Through this I've spoke to ex-Spore like jupp/Syron inside of Black Flag.

Still, explain further, I'm interested.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 13:06   #184
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

The only link you have for me is that I took over some politics for Black Flag last round and that due to this I have access to the Black Flag member channel. Through this I've spoke to ex-Spore like jupp/Syron inside of Black Flag.
It is probably worth noting that ascendancy is quite an open alliance when it comes to things like this. We have someone in ult tag in our main channel, and ult probably has several asc members in their channels - does this make us close to ult at the moment? Probably not.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 16:34   #185
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
I try not to carry such grudges around for too long.

Same, mine last for a round usually unless someone has been too out of order, then the ball is open again.

Yeah tbh Rogues attacks went to hell in a handbasket during the p3ng confrontation. we went from doing quite decent attacks to doing hardly any what so ever. Must admit im part of that group myself, I loathe ptargetting as its a stupid notion that allows galaxies to defend easily.
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 18:46   #186
Krypton
KK

Talking Re: Second half of the round

Quote:
Well that's incorrect as Faceless did hit some Rogues. Mz already covered the terms and i'm sorry if you feel betrayed when you were the ones to walk away.

I never once misled Reaper and I was quite open with him during conversations. Whether you choose to believe me is up to you, I've no reason to lie and frankly, I've got the proof on my phone. When Rogues were part of the Asc/Fl alliance we actually made it quite clear you were covered by the Asc/Fl deal to other alliances like BlackFlag and CT.

What 'strong ties' to certain allies do you reference? Is this the cock and ball story that we have a joint channel with Blackflag? Infact, if your HC had listened to my advise you would'nt have been put in the position you were. Running away and abandoning two of your allies to go fight for Ultores instead was something I didn't see as in Rogues favour at all.

Hook line and sinker
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 20:18   #187
SDN

SDN is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a new player on the forums since i left?

who the F is krypton if i mind asking?

Il give you a friendly advice, please try to sum up your thoughts into a post with more than one sentence. You look like a 13year old spamming lol and thumbs up between every post made.

Thanks for your attention, il go back to enjoying my beer now

Recent rounds:
Round 68 - #1 Gal Rank #6 planet
Round 67 - #1 Gal
Round 65 - Rank #3 Norsemen
Round 61 - Rank #37 Faceless
Round 60 - Rank #14 Ultores
Round 58 - Rank #35 Allieless xp play
Round 56 - Rank #14 Vikings
Round 54 - Rank #5 Vikings
SDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2015, 21:26   #188
Krypton
KK

oh noes, dem crowds do not proves of my intellectual capabilities.

Unlike you tools, I say it how it is. Don't like it, jog on. That's my friendly bit of advice to you pal. Not the most observant chap either!
Unread 6 Jul 2015, 01:54   #189
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Hook line and sinker

Hook line and sinker for what?

The fact I admit openly to having access to the Black Flag member channel ?

Do you even know my history?

Let me educate you a little...

I'm Fury. Fury had a policy where private member rooms were considered to be 'public'. Anything you said in them was to be assumed to be in public knowledge.

By being in Black Flag member channel, I assume automatically that is public knowledge to people who want to find out.

Anyone who knows me can attest to that being my belief since Fury days. Every mail (Zhil mail) I sent in Spore, I assumed would drop into enemy hands.

If I was trying to hide anything, you wouldn't even have an inkling about it. You're talking about a person trained by Sid to keep secrets - to where member lists were on floppy discs.

Being in Black Flag member channel was not a secret in the least.

Still, have a clap from me on your sterling work. Rogues would do well to heed my advise next time...

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Jul 2015, 02:09   #190
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Do Black-Flag even use IRC anymore?

Unread 6 Jul 2015, 07:05   #191
Munkee
Dictator

Whenever I read zhils posts I have to laugh.. I can't help it. Only zhil could be called an executive and of course on zhil could be "trained" by the great sid to keep secrets. I bet you have a life coach and attend motivational speech conferences.
Unread 6 Jul 2015, 08:33   #192
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do Black-Flag even use IRC anymore?
Afaik they use slack which is like irc but better!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2015, 08:35   #193
Krypton
KK

Exactly.

Sometimes I have to poke the bear. Look for the carefully written, intellectually superior and well thought essay with wording that is neither clear nor incisive. Then wait for it to be signed off...

Zhil
Spore/Asc Executive

Only, I was let down on this occasion.

Last edited by Krypton; 6 Jul 2015 at 09:41.
Unread 6 Jul 2015, 14:26   #194
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Quote:
Exactly.

Sometimes I have to poke the bear. Look for the carefully written, intellectually superior and well thought essay with wording that is neither clear nor incisive. Then wait for it to be signed off...

Zhil
Spore/Asc Executive

Only, I was let down on this occasion.
you my friend, are whats commonly known in the trade as a moron or a useless git, whichever you prefer
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2015, 14:27   #195
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Quote:
Whenever I read zhils posts I have to laugh.. I can't help it. Only zhil could be called an executive and of course on zhil could be "trained" by the great sid to keep secrets. I bet you have a life coach and attend motivational speech conferences.
good catch, i liked this lot

!cookie Munkee
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2015, 14:45   #196
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Think you missed his whole point though.
Back in the days with 1up coords wernt allowed in #private actualy iirc.
Sensitive information was kept in PM between members and the Military Officers.
If you had access to #private, you wouldnt get much out of it if you intended to get information out from there.
Allthough Zhil is a dinosaur, on his return to PA he just couldnt understand why we needed to have peoples phone numbers to run defence.

Unread 6 Jul 2015, 17:37   #197
Larppa

Larppa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I see you have now quite a whitewash campaign going here but the truth is you backstabbed us and had p3n & FL helping to some degree the first night R6 miscalculated and popped the Ult ally (which should never had got ingame tbh.)

Attacking a party that you are supposed to be napped with without any sort of forewarning does mean backstabbing here, maybe not in your Ascendancy-imagination-world.

I hope you realise the cloak you wear has turned atleast twice this round now that you switched camps to Ult side and if you intend to play more rounds than this one it will effect the way people regard you.

About that democracy youre supposed to have, to me it seems you guys still have one or two muppets sitting on a throne and rest of the sesam street gets to vote on who gets voiced in private channel and other important things while you do your funky moves on everything important.

Regarding our Ult affiliations, it just comes natural after we've ended up choosing same strat twice in row and want to reduce incs from our attacking class. Using fi mainly for anti-co was a huge mistake which was geared more towards the 10 guys out of forts instead of the 40 sitting in one.

Also from pol view they have been probably the easiest alliance to negotiate with (while we TRIED to pal CT's last round but decided NOT TO after they thought they could farm us ) .

Macen will be left with the charge of Rogues next round, you will see whole lot different bunch by then.
Unread 6 Jul 2015, 17:48   #198
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adapt View Post
you my friend, are whats commonly known in the trade as a moron or a useless git, whichever you prefer
Thanks pal. It's always nice to receive praise from outsiders who I have no recollection of working with!
Unread 6 Jul 2015, 18:42   #199
Pt-

Pt- has a spectacular aura aboutPt- has a spectacular aura about

Ascendancy-imagination-world is full of unicorns and rainbows. Dont you dare to look down it!

(And yes, we are a bunch of peons because we are lazy ****s. But when things matter to someone, you can be damn sure that will be loads of emo happening because we dont just accept anything for a reason, lazy or not). Oh and we dont give a shit about what you think of us next round.

HEROES
Pt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2015, 21:43   #200
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larppa View Post
I see you have now quite a whitewash campaign going here but the truth is you backstabbed us and had p3n & FL helping to some degree the first night R6 miscalculated and popped the Ult ally (which should never had got ingame tbh.)

Attacking a party that you are supposed to be napped with without any sort of forewarning does mean backstabbing here, maybe not in your Ascendancy-imagination-world.

I hope you realise the cloak you wear has turned atleast twice this round now that you switched camps to Ult side and if you intend to play more rounds than this one it will effect the way people regard you.

You voided the agreement when you declared yourselves for Ultores. In order to remain neutral, we had to show others that Rogues were nolonger under the protection of Ascendancy and Faceless. It's only logical. Sorry if it's harsh for you, but you were the ones to walk out - you failed to cooperate on matters that didn't directly involve what Rogues wanted. Asc and Faceless hit who you wanted, then when we required the same, Rogues didn't assist. The debacle between you/Faceless/p3n was only one of the last nails in the coffin for the deal, but before it could be salvaged, you had joined with Ultores.

You see, I don't need an imaginary world to know I didn't backstab Rogues. Perhaps you should have thought about abandoning Asc/Faceless and the consequences of that before waving an accusatory finger

As for the cloak I wear, it's in fashion this season thanks. If people really alter their perception of me for this round, that's their issue. I still stick to the word of my agreements and haven't changed in that regard at all.

Just because I'm not leading the anti-Ultores block for a change doesnt mean I'm suddenly untrustworthy. I've stuck by my ally, Faceless, which is what I told every other alliance I would do. You can never have a more loyal ally than me and frankly, if I play in a future round, I doubt I have anything to worry about.

Thanks anyway for the consideration, but I've been around the block a fair few times.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]