User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Aug 2004, 11:04   #1
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
msn messenger email opera

leshy need some help...

how to get msn messenger (no new emails/1 new message etc..) to open up your hotmail in opera instead of i.e ?

its annoying that ive pretty much banned i.e from my background, and whenever i want to check mail it opens up in i.e instead of opera

help please
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 12:25   #2
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Re: msn messenger email opera

Look for the option to set the browser as the default one?

Search google for such a thing?

Look on Opera website?

Not too hard?

Firefox has this built into the Options.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 12:27   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Look for the option to set the browser as the default one?

Search google for such a thing?

Look on Opera website?

Not too hard?

Firefox has this built into the Options.
Won't do... I tried this millions of times, but I can't get it to open in opera either.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 12:37   #4
Androme
☆ ♥ 

found your answer

http://www.opera.com/support/tutoria...st=pop#hotmail

P.S. - if you still can't get help try this - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
----------retired-------

Last edited by Androme; 28 Aug 2004 at 12:43.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 13:47   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

MSN has the use of MSIE hardcoded into the thing - it completely ignores whatever your default browser is.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 14:18   #6
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
MSN has the use of MSIE hardcoded into the thing - it completely ignores whatever your default browser is.
Er - no it doesn't.
----------retired-------
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 14:28   #7
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

ok got hotmail popper working - sometimes however the connection drops

how to stop the pop up errors in opera? they can get annoying
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 14:34   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Er - no it doesn't.
It most certainly does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
how to stop the pop up errors in opera? they can get annoying
What kind of pop up errors do you get?
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 15:31   #9
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Microsoft doesn't ignore Firefox, Crazy Bowser and other browsers I've used in the past as being default - I didn't even need to set them.

Thunderbird was auto-set to default e-mail client on my PC

So you're pretty much wrong from where I'm standing - it's just idiots who cannot configure things to bypass the defaults.
----------retired-------
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 15:38   #10
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
It most certainly does.What kind of pop up errors do you get?
"generic error" ..something like could not find host. It happens once in a while when it cant connect.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 15:41   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Androme2, I've had Firefox, Opera, Mozilla and Netscape all set as default browser on this machine.

MSN Messenger only fires up Internet Explorer for accessing Hotmail. It's been coded to do that. Do a search on Google, you'll find dozens of other people having tried to get MSN to open another browser by default - it blankly refuses. Microsoft has intentionally coded the thing to use Internet Explorer, regardless of what browser you have set as your system default.

Zar: You may want to ask on http://my.opera.com/forums/ - I personally don't use Opera Mail, so I'm not sure what the exact problem is that you're having

Last edited by Leshy; 28 Aug 2004 at 15:50.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 15:53   #12
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Doesn't happen on my machine - loads up Firefox.<-- full stop

Get over it.
----------retired-------
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 15:57   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Amazing, you're ahead of the rest of the Internet then, as well as ahead of Microsoft's own coders.

May I ask out of curiosity how exactly you've achieved this, and could you describe exactly which link you click that makes Firefox open and log into Hotmail automatically?
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 16:37   #14
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I didn't do anything - just selected "make sure it's default browser" - lol

If I click any messages on MSN refering to my hotmail inbox having new messages, it just opens up Firefox - if I had broadband I'd AVI video it.
----------retired-------
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 16:43   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

I've been looking around, dredging through the MozillaZine and Opera forums. The only single reference I can find to a workaround involves installing MSN Plus! and an additional third-party plugin which forces MSN to use your default browser, rather than MSIE. Which, if I might add, seems to work fairly unreliably given several people didn't get it to work properly.

Congratulations, Androme2, your computer may be the only one in the world on which MSN uses Firefox all by itself.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 17:21   #16
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I've been looking around, dredging through the MozillaZine and Opera forums. The only single reference I can find to a workaround involves installing MSN Plus! and an additional third-party plugin which forces MSN to use your default browser, rather than MSIE. Which, if I might add, seems to work fairly unreliably given several people didn't get it to work properly.

Congratulations, Androme2, your computer may be the only one in the world on which MSN uses Firefox all by itself.
He's Androme, he probably uses MSN-plus for the cool sounds and colors.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 17:26   #17
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

My MSN opens up links in firefox automatically aswell.

(MSN 4.0 for os x - Firefox 0.9 for os x)
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 17:26   #18
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I've been using MSN Plus since v2.0 (updated to v3 recently) - if that's why it works then it works so you're still wrong
----------retired-------
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 19:34   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
if that's why it works then it works so you're still wrong
Not entirely, considering you need to install a third-party plugin which is notorious for installing spyware with unaware users, and offers all kinds of gimmickry no one above the age of 14 is looking for, apparently with the single redeeming quality of no longer overriding the system default browser setting, which MSN itself does.

Edit: I've just installed MSN Plus. MSN still refuses to open any other browser than Internet Explorer - regardless of whether Opera or Firefox is set to system default

Last edited by Leshy; 28 Aug 2004 at 19:44.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 20:30   #20
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I donno - guess ur right - don't care.

It works for me so I'm happy
----------retired-------
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:43   #21
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Simple way round this. Use IE.
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:03   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Better way around it. Use Trillian.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 16:26   #23
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Where'd you get the 3rd party plug in Leshy ?

I don't want Google to be my friend.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 16:35   #24
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

http://www.stuffplug.com/
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 17:23   #25
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
leshy need some help...

how to get msn messenger (no new emails/1 new message etc..) to open up your hotmail in opera instead of i.e ?

its annoying that ive pretty much banned i.e from my background, and whenever i want to check mail it opens up in i.e instead of opera

help please

uhh maybe it will help to f*up the msger source code :S? Redirect it to opra
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 22:06   #26
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

microsoft takes over. again
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 23:16   #27
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

This was a shit post. It was deleted because it was written by someone with no comedic ability whatsoever, who was boring the shit out of the community. This message will be repeated whenever this individual posts something shit from now on.

Last edited by Kurashima; 29 Aug 2004 at 23:43.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 01:27   #28
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Not only does my MSN ignore my default browser setting, it now refuses to sign in because I forcibly disabled Internet Explorer.