User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Jan 2004, 21:25   #1
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Football] Prediction League - "TNG"

Code:
Feb22
Aston Villa   [midge5] v [Grimble]   Birmingham
Tottenham   [Ragnarak] v [Embroglio]  Leicester

Feb 28
Arsenal        [Rids] v [Kurashima]   Charlton
Blackburn        [JC] v [Apothos]  Southampton
Everton     [Zharkov] v [midge5]   Aston Villa
Fulham       [Rember] v [Lupin]        Man Utd
Leicester [Embroglio] v [1-X]           Wolves
Man City       [Stew] v [Blastoderm]   Chelsea

Feb 29
Leeds           [LHC] v [Deffeh]     Liverpool
Portsmouth   [Lokken] v [MrL_JaKiri] Newcastle

Mar 03
Birmingham  [Grimble] v [Evergreen] Middlesbro

Mar 06
Birmingham  [Grimble] v [JonnyBGood]    Bolton

Last edited by 1-X; 22 Feb 2004 at 03:00.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 21:26   #2
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Prediction League - "TNG"

Code:
                     P W D L F A Pts
Blastoderm   Chelsea 2 2 0 0 6 3  6
Stew        Man City 2 2 0 0 5 1  6
LHC            Leeds 2 1 1 0 5 2  4
-----------------------------------
Ragnarak   Tottenham 2 1 1 0 4 1  4
JC         Blackburn 2 1 1 0 3 0  4
Rids         Arsenal 2 1 1 0 3 2  4
Embroglio  Leicester 2 1 1 0 2 1  4
Zharkov      Everton 2 1 1 0 2 1  4
midge5   Aston Villa 2 1 0 1 4 4  3
Apothos  Southampton 2 0 2 0 2 2  2
JonnyBGood    Bolton 2 0 2 0 0 0  2
Lokken    Portsmouth 2 0 1 1 2 4  1
1-X           Wolves 2 0 1 1 1 2  1
Lupin        Man Utd 2 0 1 1 1 2  1
MrL_JaKiri Newcastle 2 0 1 1 1 2  1
Deffeh     Liverpool 2 0 1 1 1 3  1
Grimble   Birmingham 2 0 1 1 0 2  1
-----------------------------------
Evergreen Middlesbro 2 0 1 1 0 3  1
Rember        Fulham 2 0 1 1 0 3  1
Kurashima   Charlton 2 0 0 2 2 7  0

Last edited by 1-X; 18 Feb 2004 at 04:07.
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 22:06   #3
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm easy (no comments!) so I'll simply say whatever team is left - but I would like A team! (not THE A team!)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 22:37   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Confirming my taking of Rovers pretty please.
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 22:39   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

God help whoever gets the unpredictableness of Tottenham and Blackburn.

O wai
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 22:43   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Now we have Mickey we will be very predictable.

Unread 31 Jan 2004, 22:45   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Arsenal for me please
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 22:52   #8
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I will take any, not bothered really.
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 23:04   #9
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
God help whoever gets the unpredictableness of Tottenham and Blackburn.

O wai

I'll take Leeds too if no one wants them
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 23:06   #10
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

i'll have any.

im easy
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 00:33   #11
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Anyone thats left.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 01:30   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Liverpool, ta. Just because i like a challenge

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 05:12   #13
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

anyone please
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 05:33   #14
1-X
overtired

I can see the "anys" becoming Stewhampton, Apothos Villa, Middlesbroglio, Birmidgeham, Czharkov Athletic, and JonnyBoltonGood

A little reminder that there is a "normal" prediction league starting tuesday in case anyone hasn't noticed.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=174914
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 12:22   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stewhampton sounds good to me - they're quite unpredictable, I like a challenge! Unless any1 else wants them?
I can see me gettin carried away with this and checkin "my" clubs website more than the Derby website and checkin their result 1st!!
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 12:51   #16
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Any, ta
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 15:44   #17
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Chelski pleese
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 19:34   #18
1-X
overtired

17/20 places gone now

I'll give the "anys" time to express a preference if they wish, once we have 20. I wasn't expecting so many to be so flexible I might even have the good sense to abandon Wolves and go random too.

Last edited by 1-X; 1 Feb 2004 at 23:04.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 21:49   #19
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Birmingham please
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 18:24   #20
1-X
overtired

bumped because we'll never get the last two places filled if the thread is on page 2

I'll give details of the proposed scoring system later, so you can spot flaws and suggest improvements

EDIT where are Lokken and Kura and can we draw "sexy conclusions" from them being away at the same time?
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 00:02   #21
1-X
overtired

Here's that proposed scoring system I mentioned. Abandon hope...

You predict the final score, the name of the first scorer and the time of the first goal.
The basic XG points remain the same.

1 point for being generally right G.
2 points for almost right A*
3 points for being exactly right X.

*G is upgraded to A if the prediction has either
- correct goal margin
- correct home or away goals

So with an an actual score of 3-1, a prediction of 4-2 would be almost right because of goal margin, as would 3-0 or 2-1 because of correct home or away goals.

Note the extra point is only added if the G condition has already been satisfied. "Actual: 3-1, prediction: 0-1" would not score a point (the downside is that predicting draws becomes an all-or-nothing bet... does "actual 1-1, prediction 1-0" deserve a point?)

so question 1 : a point for having either home or away goals correct should be...
A. only awarded if already generally right?
B. given if correctly predicted regardless of win/lose/draw?

Now on to first scorer and time of goal.

Your prediction for time of first goal is not connected to the prediction of scorer, they're two completely different chances to score a bonus point. We'll use the BBC Sport website as the source of goal times.
We have to have a range limit on the time prediction, otherwise your opponent could look at your prediction of say 25, and by stating 26 have the rest of the game covered. So we're not looking at whoever is nearest, we are awarding a point for being within +-10mins of the first goal. If both players predict a winning time, both get a point.

Question 2 : Do you want a further bonus point if your named scorer and time are both correct? (yes/no)

Question 3 : I suggested +-10 mins as the acceptable range for getting a point, so if you
predict 25, 15 to 35 is your range.
If you think this should be bigger/smaller, here's your
chance to say how much and why...

Now onto a little problem. No-score draws. You're predicting 0-0.

Question 4 : choose
A. you don't predict time and scorer and you automatically get those points if you're right.
B. you can still predict a time and scorer to have more chances to score points if goals are scored.

It's not as complicated as it looks. We add up the points for each prediction, call them goals and put them together to make a score. The results go into a standard PWDLFAPts table.

If someone doesn't make a prediction, 0-0 is assumed. If they miss two consecutive games (without a good reason), we'll see if we can give their team away to someone else, like having a new manager.

So a few replies, answers, opinions, improvements would be welcome (along with "OMG what crazy league have I put my name down for!"). I might have to look at test predictions to try to find the right balance.

1. A/B
2. Y/N
3. 10/?
4. A/B
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 00:12   #22
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

any i'll be in
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 00:19   #23
1-X
overtired

added, next person gets the (probably) last place
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 00:32   #24
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

1)A
2)yes
3)5
4)A

Also can I take Villa.
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 00:37   #25
1-X
overtired

You are now a Villan.

Thanks for your answers, clearly you want the league to be as difficult as possible
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 01:25   #26
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

1) A
2) yes
3) 3
4) A

Can I take Middlesborough?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 01:51   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I picked a great weekend to be away

Pick me a team , ill be back for Breakfast!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 02:02   #28
1-X
overtired

that's all 20 filled (assuming lokken confirms portsmouth, and he has entered every prediction league...)

We can start with Saturday's games. I'll give people from the "any" list some time (24 hours) to make a choice before filling the places randomly.
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 10:50   #29
JC
lolly roffle

A
Yes
B
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 12:52   #30
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. A
2. Yes
3. 5
4. A
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 12:59   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bolton plz. Sorry I was out drinking and gambling the last few days.

A
Yes
+-5
A
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 14:50   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

confirmed, cheers 1-X <3
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 15:57   #33
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

oh then gimme Fulham \o/
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 16:00   #34
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

1) A
2) yes
3) 5
4) A
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 16:13   #35
1-X
overtired

I've updated the team list...

The weekend is looking like this atm :

Code:
      Aston Villa [midge5] v [?????] Leeds
       Bolton [JonnyBGood] v [Deffeh] Liverpool 
           Everton [?????] v [Lupin]Man Utd 
    Middlesbro [Evergreen] v [JC] Blackburn 
    Newcastle [MrL_JaKiri] v [?????] Leicester
       Southampton [?????] v [Rember] Fulham 
      Tottenham [Ragnarak] v [Lokken] Portsmouth  
              Wolves [1-X] v [Rids] Arsenal 

Man City [?????] v [Grimble] Birmingham 
      Chelsea [Blastoderm] v [Kurashima] Charlton
[?????] = Apothos|Embroglio|LHC|Stew|Zharkov

Last edited by 1-X; 3 Feb 2004 at 20:36.
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 16:46   #36
1-X
overtired

The suggestions are mostly going the same way. (TY BTW)

Question 5 : As there seems to be unanimity about "almost" only being given if already "general", would you like to see it further tightened by "not only does either home or away goals have to be exact, the other has to be +-1 too"?

Question 6 : the bonus point for correct goal margin. Is it a good thing? (atm it's another way of being "almost" right, though it can be loosely given, (eg actual 1-0, predict 3:2)

Question 7 : is there any incentive to predict 0-0 under the current rules? It seems to be an unbeatable win if you're right (when you consider what the opponent scores with his wrong prediction), but a total disaster if you're wrong. Will we see people predicting 1-1 as a loophole when they mean 0-0, because they're getting 2 for being almost right, plus they have the chance to get points for scorer and time? (I know they'd get 5 points if it was 0-0, but if they say 1-1instead and the opponent hasn't predicted a draw, they'll probably still be winning anyway and can hedge their bets too. Opinions?
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 16:54   #37
JC
lolly roffle

5) No

6) Yes

7) I'ld keep it how it is. If someone has the 'guts' to predict 0-0 they get the points they deserve if it comes off.
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 16:58   #38
midge5
mmm lambs

5) I would prefer the bonus point only to be given for correct winning margines rather than for correct home/away goals as well. If you want that though then yes the other team should be +-1 .

6) yes

7) While risky it can bring good rewards if you are willing to risk it so I would leave it like that. Or perhaps you could make draws 2 points if say you predicted 0-0 and it was 1-1 as that is more or less the same as the goal difference bit.
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 17:15   #39
1-X
overtired

Question 7 problems...

Player predicts 0-0. If he is right (and the opponent has predicted a home/away) it's a 6-0 win.
If he is wrong, he scores 2 if it's a score draw (still enough for a likely win), otherwise 0.

If he predicts 1-1, and the result is 0-0 he still has his 2 points for being almost right (and the opponent can only score from scorer/time prediction). plus he gets the chance to increase that with a scorer/time prediction of his own.

This is why I suggested allowing 0-0 predictors to make a scorer/time prediction even though it seems contradictory. Maybe if we look at scorer/time as completely separate and a second chance to score points, rather than as part of one big single prediction?)
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 17:20   #40
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Just abolish almost right imo.

Keep things clean and simple.

X and G, scorer and time etc....

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 17:24   #41
Rember
Womble

oh lets see

1 A
2 yes
3 A
4 keep it as u said.
5 yes
6 0-0 sux u dont want to bet on that so it's allright
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 18:11   #42
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

1) A
2) yes
3) 10
4) B
5) No
6) Yes
7) Leave as is

<3
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 19:02   #43
Stew
Made of Twigs

I'm completely confused - just tell me what to predict and when

Lets predict attendance as well
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 19:05   #44
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew

Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 19:13   #45
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 19:18   #46
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1. A
2. Y
3. 10
4. B

And ill take Charlton.
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 19:19   #47
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

And with all these calculations and editorials going on in your head, have you considered applying to Ladbrokes for a job.
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 23:33   #48
1-X
overtired

I have an "online dice throwing thing" ready to allocate the remaining players to teams.

The delay is my dithering about whether to keep Wolves or go random too. I've been in a prediction league just for Wolves results and I was crap...
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 23:34   #49
JC
lolly roffle

Make your mind up which thread you are posting that in mate .

Stick with Wolves, i need someone to be below me because i will predict a win every week and lose more often than not .
Unread 3 Feb 2004, 23:42   #50
1-X
overtired

I'll keep them but I know I'll regret it.

Random allocations :

Southampton - Apothos
Everton - Zharkov
Manchester City - Stew
Leicester - Embroglio
Leeds - LHC