User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Aug 2014, 09:36   #1
thatcrazypengui

thatcrazypengui is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone remember tides of fire? valhalla?...

Ok so im back after a long long long time away....I think the last time I played this game was 2005-6 so been away for a long long time.

thing is id love to rejoin with my old alliance if any of them still play and are active....I was a member of Valhalla and moved across to the tides of fire alliance when Valhalla merged with others to form it.

I haven't been able to track down any info on tof in recent times so im guessing theyve merged or broken up can anyone give me the info on what happened or what alliance they became?

I was able to track down an old thread which was made back when tides of fire were formed, this is the alliance im speaking of

pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?p=2714409

anyone got any info or any ex tides of fire, Valhalla admins willing to try me out in there new alliances?

If I remember one of the head guys was named pathogen and we were engaged in a pretty brutal rivalry which alliances such as 1up at the time(do they still exist?)

as you can tell ive got a lot of catching up to do!
thatcrazypengui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2014, 11:39   #2
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Re: anyone remember tides of fire? valhalla?...

I indeed remember ToF from the LCH/1up era (both no longer excist).
Cant help you with names or anything though, its nearly 10 years back!

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2014, 12:34   #3
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Reincarnate still around from ToF
Unread 7 Aug 2014, 14:21   #4
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Welcome back! There's a few ToFers left here and there
Unread 7 Aug 2014, 15:31   #5
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still around from those days, so are ElmOow & Reincarnate
Most of the original ToF members like Fellah, Pathogen, Olympus, Loki, ... have probably all stopped playing though.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2014, 14:57   #6
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

think I've seen this Pathogen guy on irc

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2014, 10:32   #7
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Hmmmmm I remember a few names during a few rounds there..

Beermonster not seen since late round 20's
Archangel was around until r40ish
Scorp disappeared round 35ish

There was a merge with tof and ct at one point so there may be some left over sat in ct now.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2014, 11:22   #8
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Scorpyooo?
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2014, 12:10   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatcrazypengui View Post
If I remember one of the head guys was named pathogen and we were engaged in a pretty brutal rivalry which alliances such as 1up at the time(do they still exist?)
Most people had a brutal rivalry with 1up. We disbanded 1up years ago now, but a few of us came back recently and formed Spore for a few rounds. We just disbanded Spore as well though.

I do remember ToF from back in the day, I never really knew anybody in that alliance though.
Unread 11 Aug 2014, 21:13   #10
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I played ToF
Unread 14 Aug 2014, 21:38   #11
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
He was a fake anyway.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2014, 13:42   #12
max_vix
ViX

max_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
I'm still around from those days, so are ElmOow & Reincarnate
Most of the original ToF members like Fellah, Pathogen, Olympus, Loki, ... have probably all stopped playing though.
I remember you vdm - I was your GC in R13 (1:10). Ah happy days Still got the old galaxy image too

I was ToF HC for a while until work took me away sadly. I still remember PA and like to drop in and see what is happening

Do you remember Sov and Husi? My fellow HC at the time (with fellah helming it all in the background).

I remember reincarnate too - on my leaving thread he said I was the sexiest man in PA - he wasn't wrong

Are you sexeh?!

In all seriousness - hello to any old ToF who stumble upon this - hope you're all ok

Last edited by max_vix; 21 Aug 2014 at 13:43. Reason: added the link to the galaxy image
max_vix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2014, 22:10   #13
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point

I still idle in what was the ToF priv chan prior to it's dispandment. Currently 6 other people in there including rein, conf and pathogen.
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2014, 00:46   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
He was a fake anyway.

Was going to say. You were the true Scorpio.

Xanaduian

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2014, 16:16   #15
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_vix View Post
I remember you vdm - I was your GC in R13 (1:10). Ah happy days Still got the old galaxy image too

I was ToF HC for a while until work took me away sadly. I still remember PA and like to drop in and see what is happening

Do you remember Sov and Husi? My fellow HC at the time (with fellah helming it all in the background).

I remember reincarnate too - on my leaving thread he said I was the sexiest man in PA - he wasn't wrong

Are you sexeh?!

In all seriousness - hello to any old ToF who stumble upon this - hope you're all ok
Vix! Nice to see you're still alive & kicking
That galbanner sure is a blast from the past

I got husi on fb, never talk to the guy but judging from the occasionaly picture that lands on my stream, he seems to be happy in life

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2014, 19:36   #16
[ToF]Pathogen
Tides of Fire

[ToF]Pathogen is on a distinguished road

Still alive .... but just not playing any more can normally find us in #ToF

Tides of Fire
[ToF]Pathogen is offline   Reply With Quote