User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 17 Jun 2013, 20:28   #1
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
WTF is going on?

First, I am not talking for CT since i am not HC and completely out of the politics loop....

WTF is going on with all the naps... everyone given up and leaving the round win to ultores?

what are these blocks or is it just a everyone nap everyone... grow balls ffs!!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2013, 20:38   #2
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: WTF is going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
First, I am not talking for CT since i am not HC and completely out of the politics loop....

WTF is going on with all the naps... everyone given up and leaving the round win to ultores?

what are these blocks or is it just a everyone nap everyone... grow balls ffs!!
This round is all about planet and galaxies.
You have HCs from the top 5 allies all BPing with each other.
This will have a major influence on politics.
Nobody can win, and nobody will have lost untill pt1000

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2013, 21:05   #3
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
This round is all about planet and galaxies.
You have HCs from the top 5 allies all BPing with each other.
This will have a major influence on politics.
Nobody can win, and nobody will have lost untill pt1000
90% of Innuendo went random, so that is incorrect.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2013, 21:06   #4
Mala
Old User

Mala is an unknown quantity at this point

Tbh NewDawn still have a decent chance and so does Spore the round is not over yet
Unread 17 Jun 2013, 23:03   #5
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

The round win is between ND and Ult. Time will tell who deserves it the most
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2013, 23:06   #6
Mala
Old User

Mala is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly i think Ultores deserve it due to the effort of there members and cause i love eks lol
Unread 18 Jun 2013, 13:30   #7
nelito

nelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the rough

gm if u noticed a small war has started and no there aint many naps going on

u have 4 full tagged alliances wish can all still try to win

each one of those four have a medium alliance backing them up

and thats it the only think i wanted to see is hr getting more involved i really thought they had a chance this round
nelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2013, 14:25   #8
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

sorry nelito i was just looking at the sprawl of the ingame alliance politics page, i'm also aware that much of the politics is not shown there too.

just curious how anything will happen when there is such a large web or naps
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2013, 18:46   #9
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala View Post
Honestly i think Ultores deserve it due to the effort of there members and cause i love eks lol
agreed

they will win

the only alliance that actually PLAY PA this days... send def, make strategies.. they diserve it =)
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2013, 00:05   #10
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Nobody deserves to win based on 500 ticks. Right now Ult is clearly the strongest and best organized alliance, but with over half the round left let's not talk about who deserves what yet

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2013, 20:09   #11
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

budious has a spectacular aura aboutbudious has a spectacular aura about

90K alliance points in my solo tag, w00t! Suck my balls.
budious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2013, 13:36   #12
nelito

nelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the rough

well yes ultores deserves to win after seeing nd ct spore blocking vs them and barely able to roid them

well spore does not count ct is an awesome offensive alliance

spore having many issues with many players leaving the alliance mainly the Brazilians

i think nd can only face ultores with proper and decent help unfortunately solo no one can take ultores
nelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2013, 15:07   #13
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelito View Post
well yes ultores deserves to win after seeing nd ct spore blocking vs them and barely able to roid them

well spore does not count ct is an awesome offensive alliance

spore having many issues with many players leaving the alliance mainly the Brazilians

i think nd can only face ultores with proper and decent help unfortunately solo no one can take ultores
spores problem is that they crash everyday on ultores giving them value boots
Unread 27 Jun 2013, 19:46   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Let me correct you on this.

Spore was the only alliance to not agree to any deal with ANY alliance for the first part of the game. It was only when it became apparent that everyone was NAPed to their dogs, mothers and kitchen sinks that Spore then did any deals.

So no, Spore did not "block" first.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2013, 12:11   #15
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That statement above is not entirely precise. But it could be fixed with some info from that other statement below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
spores problem is that they crash everyday on ultores giving them value boots
15 brazilians in their 1st PA rnd(with some others that have being around for sometime). The round start gave the false impression that they could withstand the pressure of being in a ally aiming for the top. That sure kills any kind of planning.
Unread 28 Jun 2013, 12:51   #16
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran
That statement above is not entirely precise. But it could be fixed with some info from that other statement below.

15 brazilians in their 1st PA rnd(with some others that have being around for sometime). The round start gave the false impression that they could withstand the pressure of being in a ally aiming for the top. That sure kills any kind of planning.
Unless you brought 15 new ones this round, i'm pretty sure most of them have 3 rounds under their belt by now!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2013, 13:48   #17
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Unless you brought 15 new ones this round, i'm pretty sure most of them have 3 rounds under their belt by now!
Please, don't put the blame on me. Everything is Raul's fault. And yeah, I never said the ones playing for 3 rounds were free from that stigma, they never are.
Unread 28 Jun 2013, 18:45   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Please, don't put the blame on me. Everything is Raul's fault.
Just posting to say that I like this post a lot.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2013, 17:52   #19
RaUlZiToS

RaUlZiToS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Just posting to say that I like this post a lot.
When i leave spore i leave alone.. because i dont want to kill the ally... so i say to all brazilians stay.
When i leave, brazilians was doing a good job in Spore... Joseph was very committed to the aliance win ,in my opinion the only problem was the Spore politics, to agressive for to many first round players... i advice about it many times...

Dont know what hapened after i leave.

but ok, its always my fault

Last edited by RaUlZiToS; 29 Jun 2013 at 18:01.
RaUlZiToS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2013, 18:02   #20
RaUlZiToS

RaUlZiToS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Yeah... we brought 15 new ones... we are in 30 braizlians thin round in spore in the start of the round.
RaUlZiToS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2013, 21:41   #21
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaUlZiToS View Post
When i leave spore i leave alone.. because i dont want to kill the ally... so i say to all brazilians stay.
When i leave, brazilians was doing a good job in Spore... Joseph was very committed to the aliance win ,in my opinion the only problem was the Spore politics, to agressive for to many first round players... i advice about it many times...

Dont know what hapened after i leave.

but ok, its always my fault
If we hadn't have been aggressive, the round would have been won ages ago already.

That's the unfortunate truth.

[Edit] Just to add, in all my experience in Planetarion, I've found you learn much more about the character and calibre of people when things are not going so well.

When people give up because their attacks arent landing as much, or the defense is sub standard, then to me, that player isn't as skilled as he could be. You need to lose in order to be able to win. Just playing it 'easy' does nothing to improve anyone.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony

Last edited by Zh|l; 29 Jun 2013 at 22:38.
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2013, 02:38   #22
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I dont think the problems within this round is only down to the politics and playing style of certain alliances.
The PA crew have to realise soon that making tags smaller, for the sake of "more alliances is able to compete for #1" is killing the game at a far higher speed than it would been killed if the tag limit was back to 100.
For the last 6 rounds ive been playing, the same galaxies has been in the top5, the only thing that has changed within these galaxies is wich alliances certain players has choosen to join to secure that they can end high up.
3:8 has been top1 gal for a long long long time this round, and yet it contains afaik a ND HC and a Ultores HC, and i thought these two alliance would be fighting each other for the round win?
Maybe its time to look on how galaxies is set up, maybe its time to go back to all random or full private gals.
Some of the old returning players in my alliance this round would prolly say that the level of dedication and skill has sunken since they last played, imho the moral and ethics of how to play this game is gone for most players, and sadly a lot of people who run alliances.
I think it is about time the PA crew makes the needed changes in the setup, to make these people less influencal. Even the preset block war rounds was more exciting than the type of round we got this round, and the one we have had last rounds where alliances that could be fighting for one would be happy to settle for #2 as long as their friends ended #1 after they killed everyone that was willing to hit em by pt300.

Unread 30 Jun 2013, 23:30   #23
Nightwolf

Quote:
I dont think the problems within this round is only down to the politics and playing style of certain alliances.
The PA crew have to realise soon that making tags smaller, for the sake of "more alliances is able to compete for #1" is killing the game at a far higher speed than it would been killed if the tag limit was back to 100.
For the last 6 rounds ive been playing, the same galaxies has been in the top5, the only thing that has changed within these galaxies is wich alliances certain players has choosen to join to secure that they can end high up.
3:8 has been top1 gal for a long long long time this round, and yet it contains afaik a ND HC and a Ultores HC, and i thought these two alliance would be fighting each other for the round win?
Maybe its time to look on how galaxies is set up, maybe its time to go back to all random or full private gals.
Some of the old returning players in my alliance this round would prolly say that the level of dedication and skill has sunken since they last played, imho the moral and ethics of how to play this game is gone for most players, and sadly a lot of people who run alliances.
I think it is about time the PA crew makes the needed changes in the setup, to make these people less influencal. Even the preset block war rounds was more exciting than the type of round we got this round, and the one we have had last rounds where alliances that could be fighting for one would be happy to settle for #2 as long as their friends ended #1 after they killed everyone that was willing to hit em by pt300.
I have complained about the exile system many-a-times, but nothing has changed so I doubt it will now.
Unread 1 Jul 2013, 03:32   #24
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
I have complained about the exile system many-a-times, but nothing has changed so I doubt it will now.
Its not only the exile system, its a lot more than this.
Like late starters, ive kept asking why we need a late starter in every BP?
The people in the PA crew seems to be deaf to all the suggestions given, and theyve continiued to make the active groups of this game smaller and smaller.
Certain galaxies seems to have adapted to this, and for me i start question if maybe it would be better to disable alliances ingame and move towards more a cluster based game again, where the ETA advantage is cluster based.

Unread 6 Jul 2013, 13:03   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
For the last 6 rounds ive been playing, the same galaxies has been in the top5, the only thing that has changed within these galaxies is wich alliances certain players has choosen to join to secure that they can end high up. 3:8 has been top1 gal for a long long long time this round, and yet it contains afaik a ND HC and a Ultores HC, and i thought these two alliance would be fighting each other for the round win? Maybe its time to look on how galaxies is set up, maybe its time to go back to all random or full private gals.
The above reads like a classic case of HCs feathering their own nest while the rest compete for something that's ultimately meaningless. Even if you expanded to 100 man alliances, they would still have the political wherewithal to make sure their galaxy isn't on the target list, and it's been happening from the beginning of time. Groups of mates who just sit on the fence and play for their own benefit are just another alliance under multiple tags, and no one should be fooled by them. When they take command positions, it's even worse.

Quote:

Actually, I think it's very much down to the players themselves. The best rounds have been as a result of alliance leadership keeping it honest and making sacrifices to win the game, or keep the round as open as possible. That means war, which isn't very profitable and is politically challenging for the cosy arrangements you are describing. If NewDawn are competing with Ultores, then some planets in contentious galaxies are just going to have to be hit. If that doesn't happen, then both members of these alliances are effectively playing for someone else's benefit. In which case, what are they there for?

Spore might have been getting beat for their efforts but at least they are playing the game properly. Right now, if I was playing and could ask to join one alliance, it would be Spore as at least I'd be playing as part of a team rather than a flag of convenience.

Last edited by lokken; 6 Jul 2013 at 13:31.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2013, 08:43   #26
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
The above reads like a classic case of HCs feathering their own nest while the rest compete for something that's ultimately meaningless. Even if you expanded to 100 man alliances, they would still have the political wherewithal to make sure their galaxy isn't on the target list, and it's been happening from the beginning of time. Groups of mates who just sit on the fence and play for their own benefit are just another alliance under multiple tags, and no one should be fooled by them. When they take command positions, it's even worse.

This is probably one of the best comments I have read on the PA forums in a very long time.
Unread 7 Jul 2013, 13:44   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's like this: HC set your alliance on attacking another alliance, but in raids, the ones in their galaxy are exempt, including the HC of your so called "enemies" who happen to be in their galaxy. The other HC is doing exactly the same, just the other way round. Worst of all, they pretty much set up their galaxy that way in case such a situation ever arose, so they'd be protected. And they're probably sharing intel as well to keep everything sweet, thanks to the fleets page.

Looking at that, I'd say that such galaxies were declaring war on everyone else, rather than alliances being relevant in any shape or form. The galaxies are the alliances: tags are just a diversion at this point.
Unread 8 Jul 2013, 09:47   #28
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
It's like this: HC set your alliance on attacking another alliance, but in raids, the ones in their galaxy are exempt, including the HC of your so called "enemies" who happen to be in their galaxy. The other HC is doing exactly the same, just the other way round. Worst of all, they pretty much set up their galaxy that way in case such a situation ever arose, so they'd be protected. And they're probably sharing intel as well to keep everything sweet, thanks to the fleets page.

Looking at that, I'd say that such galaxies were declaring war on everyone else, rather than alliances being relevant in any shape or form. The galaxies are the alliances: tags are just a diversion at this point.

Yeah, I think its high time one considered dropping either galaxies or alliances. It would certainly make for an interesting change.
Unread 8 Jul 2013, 16:54   #29
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I like galaxies, maybe eta 6 ingal for a round, see what happens?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2013, 17:27   #30
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

you all know what happen... people make alliances outside of the game, and hit all others that don't.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2013, 18:04   #31
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I think the galaxy issue would be solved by redefining the size/nature of galaxies. Galaxies now are simply too big, there are less than 50 decent galaxies. This could easily be halved and galaxies made to be ~6 players, maybe something like: 4BP +2-3 Random OR 5BP (private gal) OR 8 fully random. This would make the impact of galaxies less as they would be a far less dominant feature when compared to playerbase. There is no need for such large galaxies now, not with so few players and incs auto-reporting to alliance, it would be better to have more galaxies with fewer alliances in each, that would make the politics far more fluid and the game far more interesting.
Unread 8 Jul 2013, 18:21   #32
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How's the cov opping going, Bashar!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 8 Jul 2013, 18:33   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

I'm not sure galaxy game mechanics are at the heart of this discussion, but they're a potential solution.
Unread 8 Jul 2013, 19:14   #34
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
How's the cov opping going, Bashar!
Pretty damn shitty, I don't know what to do, I can't attack without crashing, I can't scan without getting blocked (or scanning the wrong people), I can't do tech without it breaking and I can't cov-op without all my agents being killed.

WHAT SHOULD I DO
Unread 8 Jul 2013, 19:15   #35
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
I'm not sure galaxy game mechanics are at the heart of this discussion, but they're a potential solution.
They're not, they're just one item in a very long list of things that need changing. One of the more effective I think though.
Unread 9 Jul 2013, 21:38   #36
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

guys calm down spinner will save us.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2013, 22:03   #37
Nightwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
guys calm down spinner will save us.
Aye, he only needs 150k.
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 09:22   #38
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
They're not, they're just one item in a very long list of things that need changing. One of the more effective I think though.
The game setup is the only way the PA crew can change the decline of interest of the game.
Smaller gals, smaller tags is and have always been a panic move to try make the game more competetive.
We need bigger gals, larger allies, and smaller fences.

Unread 10 Jul 2013, 13:11   #39
Nightwolf

Quote:
The game setup is the only way the PA crew can change the decline of interest of the game.
Smaller gals, smaller tags is and have always been a panic move to try make the game more competetive.
Bigger galaxies? lol...
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 13:26   #40
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
Bigger galaxies? lol...
Would need bigger tags yes, smaller tags and bigger gals.
Atleast r45-49 you would had less fencing going on, cus it would be harder to get away with it cus the level of good alliances were higher.

Unread 10 Jul 2013, 14:28   #41
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Would need bigger tags yes, smaller tags and bigger gals.
Atleast r45-49 you would had less fencing going on, cus it would be harder to get away with it cus the level of good alliances were higher.
r49 #1 gal: fence with 3 ult and 3 fang
r48 #1 gal: fence with 5 hc's of different allies, won after an apprime fort was fooked by their randoms.
r47 #1 gal: the ultimate fencers
r46 #1 gal: the ultimate fencers
r45 #1 gal: the ultimate fencers

yeah obviously less fencing in those rounds :P if anything galaxy fencing has proven to work less than before because there are more allies that don't have planets in the top fenced gals, and thus more reason to hit them.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 15:28   #42
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Fencing is a bit misunderstood these days. An alliance isn't going to stay away from a galaxy just because they have 1-3 members. The exception to that rule is if the galaxy contains a HC or otherwise influential person that can keep his alliance away.

Nearly every galaxy has 7 different alliances this round, the purpose of that isn't so much to avoid incoming, but a natural occurrence when you have this many competitive tags. You'll often start with 2-3 different alliances in the BP, and then when 8-10 other planets join you are bound to end up with a lot of different alliances in gal.

Certain galaxies will rise to the top, fort or fenced doesn't matter too much. The #1 main reason, above everything else for this. is the exile system. When you can consistently over 10 rounds get 10 people of your choosing in one galaxy, then it's not a level playing field.

In r50 I somehow stumbled into one of the few good random galaxies. It had a good BP and some legit randoms. This round (r52) we tried to recreate that galaxy with help from the exile system. And we succeeded getting 5 people in by pt 127. With the 2 late sign ups added later, we had handpicked 11 of the 14 people in galaxy. That's frankly insane and only an option for a few well connected galaxies. And it's these galaxies you will keep seeing at the top unless something changes

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 17:00   #43
AndyMan

AndyMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
Fencing is a bit misunderstood these days. An alliance isn't going to stay away from a galaxy just because they have 1-3 members. The exception to that rule is if the galaxy contains a HC or otherwise influential person that can keep his alliance away.

Nearly every galaxy has 7 different alliances this round, the purpose of that isn't so much to avoid incoming, but a natural occurrence when you have this many competitive tags. You'll often start with 2-3 different alliances in the BP, and then when 8-10 other planets join you are bound to end up with a lot of different alliances in gal.

Certain galaxies will rise to the top, fort or fenced doesn't matter too much. The #1 main reason, above everything else for this. is the exile system. When you can consistently over 10 rounds get 10 people of your choosing in one galaxy, then it's not a level playing field.

In r50 I somehow stumbled into one of the few good random galaxies. It had a good BP and some legit randoms. This round (r52) we tried to recreate that galaxy with help from the exile system. And we succeeded getting 5 people in by pt 127. With the 2 late sign ups added later, we had handpicked 11 of the 14 people in galaxy. That's frankly insane and only an option for a few well connected galaxies. And it's these galaxies you will keep seeing at the top unless something changes
Wow really well said and totally agree.

It is rather easy to get into the gal you want if u do it early enough and coordinate it with galaxy exiles from the gal you are trying to get in. This should be made more costly and/or capped at say 3 exiles a rnd to add back the element of chance. Also, I think 2 latestarters is too much. Although I'm not opposed to getting rid of the whole late starter joining a BP option, I think we should at least reduce this to 1 max.
AndyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 17:56   #44
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Appoco has announced an increase in buddy pack size from 4 to 5, and a decrease in late signups from 2 to 1.
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 18:07   #45
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

I would be in favour of smaller gals. Something along the lines of 4-5 BP with 1-2 late sign up and galaxy size being no more than 8 planets. Right now the universe is so small that several galaxies get double or triple booked. In Vikings we have had accusations from several alliances about working with a block/alliance which isnt true. Yeah we have worked with some to hit a certain high profile galaxy and we had some issues/incidents/brief-wars with rock, hr, nd but outside of those we never targeted anyone in particular.

Maybe even do random and private galaxies where private gals can have a max of 7 players consisting of a bp of 4 with 1 late sign up and 2 randoms (or how many it requires to get to 7 planets in the gal) and gals with no bps or bps less than 3 planets can have a max of 10 planets. The exile cost should also be increased quite a bit more.

Not sure how much activity goes into disbanding galaxies by the admins but them being more active and disbanding random gals with 5 or less planets would also be helpful, or at least moving those planets to c200 until they login again.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 18:48   #46
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Something along the lines of 4-5 BP with 1-2 late sign up and galaxy size being no more than 8 planets.
There is no way to ensure maximum sizes on galaxies. The size of galaxies is dependent on the number of signups divided by the number of galaxies. The number of galaxies is dependent on the number of buddy packs. The number of buddy packs is dependent on the number of people who want to be in a buddy pack divided by the size of buddy packs.

The only thing you can directly influence in the above paragraph is the size of buddy packs, which already is 4-5 + 1-2.

Quote:
Maybe even do random and private galaxies where private gals can have a max of 7 players consisting of a bp of 4 with 1 late sign up and 2 randoms (or how many it requires to get to 7 planets in the gal) and gals with no bps or bps less than 3 planets can have a max of 10 planets.
We've tried this before and it was a bad idea. The organized people all exiled into a few good random galaxies and ran away with the round. Everyone else was stuck in shitty private or shitty random galaxies, getting stomped on.

The gap between the organized and unorganized is bigger than ever (see Golan's post), which would make the difference even bigger.

Quote:
Not sure how much activity goes into disbanding galaxies by the admins but them being more active and disbanding random gals with 5 or less planets would also be helpful, or at least moving those planets to c200 until they login again.
Disbanding galaxies is a surefire way to increase galaxy size. I for one am happy that PA Team are reluctant with their disbanding.
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 21:58   #47
AndyMan

AndyMan is an unknown quantity at this point

You could still do different sized gals private vs random (random being bigger) if you limited # of exiles. I don't think it is unfair to say you should only be able to exile say 3 times a rnd.
AndyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 22:11   #48
lokken
BlueTuba

I've never favoured the exile system and I'd support a return to fully random or a reduced buddypack size of about 3. Part of the skill of planetarion is how you cope when things are shitty and there is absolutely no reason why top players should have an easy life.
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 23:20   #49
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Galaxies now are larger than when I stopped playing I think, I am sure I remember them being only 10 planets at one point.
Unread 11 Jul 2013, 00:25   #50
Nightwolf

Quote:
There is no way to ensure maximum sizes on galaxies. The size of galaxies is dependent on the number of signups divided by the number of galaxies. The number of galaxies is dependent on the number of buddy packs. The number of buddy packs is dependent on the number of people who want to be in a buddy pack divided by the size of buddy packs.

The only thing you can directly influence in the above paragraph is the size of buddy packs, which already is 4-5 + 1-2.

We've tried this before and it was a bad idea. The organized people all exiled into a few good random galaxies and ran away with the round. Everyone else was stuck in shitty private or shitty random galaxies, getting stomped on.

The gap between the organized and unorganized is bigger than ever (see Golan's post), which would make the difference even bigger.

Disbanding galaxies is a surefire way to increase galaxy size. I for one am happy that PA Team are reluctant with their disbanding.
Which is why increasing the BP size from 4 to 5 is stupid as this will only decrease the amount of galaxies further which in turn makes them have even more planets.