User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 21 Jan 2011, 18:58   #1
prestel

prestel is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Desse

I used to play this game for far too many rounds. On Monday I started to read the forums and was surprised to see so many names around that I remember from the old days. So in a fit of nostalgia i Contacted Desse to see if he would be interested in playing another around. Un fortunately, I was really shocked to receive the following from his wife. I have spoken to her and she has said this is fine to post the following information.

Hello Neil I hope I have reached the right person .
I am sorry to have to tell you that Jørgen passed away this tuesday.

I have had contact with Roy White (who has contact to Ben Tucker also) over Facebook , I have passed on your email adress to him , I know not who else to reach since I do not know your real names or even internet-ID .
I have written a letter to Roy this morning , and want to copy paste it here for you....Here goes :

""""Hello Roy

First off my apologies for any typos - you know how it is when you can't concentrate, I hope the meaning shines through anyway.

I am glad that I could reach you , since this is one of the only things I can do - try to reach out to as many as possible , even if it is terrible news to share , it is important to me in this time that he is being remembered as he was and if people want to attend the funeral this is still the time to tell them when and how.

He was ill the past weeks , since new year , it started with the usual nose and throath irritations and evolved into a pneumonia (supposedly). He was at home and going throught 2 cycles of penicillin , stronger each time, and monday he called the doctor again to check what could be done now since the last batch didn't have to wanted effect. He got some meds with the message that he should be omitted to hospital if these didnt work , either way he should just prepare for hospital.

Tuesday evening he was in the basement having worked from his office laptop and just relaxing with some casual gaming. I was in the living room and heard he went to the toilet to pee, he starts to cough while he urinates , suddenly stops mid-cough and then I hear I a crash.
What follows now is painfully detailed for me and also very much a blur at the same time. All I can say is that he stopped breathing in my arms the same moments the first ambulance man came down the stairs. So it was quick , he did not suffer much.
In all the chaos that is now his brother Lars (Toft) who is also here on facebook , is a very big help. My daughter and I are seeing a counselor / psychologist ... I don't know much else these days , and well whatever happens we have people around us to aid or help and everyone is very helpfull.
Lars and I went past Jørgens job yesterday and they were equally shocked and we had a good talk with them - again the memory you also share of him being a strong insightful person etc shines through. I think this is also why I reach out, to remember him with someone and honour this memory.

I have turned off his computer but thank god know his password for facebook as you can see , I know he has many people on msn , also I have his phone filled with his msn and email also (contact lists) and here I can see ***********@hotmail.com as probably being Neil/prestel
I will copy paste this message to his email and say he can contact me over mail or find contact with you here - I would ask of you to please copy paste this message to Ben and please pass along to all you know who knew Jørgen or ask Ben to do the same.
Sorry now for using any words that are not apropiate but I know little of church rituals with english words - He asked to be cremated , so the church service will be at our local church Lillerød Kirke , here in Allerød on wednesday the 26th of january 2011 , at 11 o'clock. It is not important for any of you to show up , I just write the details so you will know when it happens, the undertaker said 14 days will pass until we go to the cemetary and do the ceremony when his urn is being put in the ground, I do not know anything further about this date but will post the details on his and my facebook wall again when I do

I will try to do the best to check my mail regulary , I will probably contact the facebook staff to freeze his account in a week or two , all else of his online things remains untouched. I can be reached here on facebook or on my email **********@gmail.com
If there is a need to return or send something (i have no idea what so ever) our ...my adress is

Karen *********
Denmark

I will print all the messages from his wall and he will have them with him on his last journey.

Thank you for replying, Bless you.
Karen """

I do not know if you can contact anyone else from "back then" - I just know he visited you and Amanda some times after the "gang meet-ups" and I think it is good for you to know what happened. As I wrote to Roy I don't expect anything , I don't expect for anyone to attend his funeral but I write the details so you can know when it is happening.
Please feel free to contact me as I wrote to Roy , please feel free to pass this message on in any way or shape.
Please remember Desse , and know that he loved you guys very much .
Bless you

So the bigman has left us.Im sure many of you will remember Desse. I was fortunate enough to meet him in R/L get very drunk with him, and to call him a friend. I dont think anyone will have a bad thing to say about Desse he was a great player and genuinly nice guy.

Any comments you would like to add, i will pass them on to his wife so that she can arrange for Desse to take them with him. RIP m8
prestel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2011, 20:49   #2
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Desse

Very sorry to hear of this. Please know that Desse was well liked by a great many people, and he was well respected here. We will all feel this loss.

"may you have calm seas, a steady breeze, and a clear sky to steer by"
Unread 21 Jan 2011, 20:58   #3
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Omg this is very sad news.
Desse was a great guy and a gamer.
I wish his wife and daughter all the strength in the world.

He will be missed by a lot of people.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2011, 21:13   #4
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

R.I.P. Desse

It was an honor to have played with him in Titans and Oly back in the day.
He will be remembered with greatest respect

Best wishes to the family in this difficult time.
Unread 21 Jan 2011, 21:41   #5
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Arrived home this evening from work, and the first thing my wife tells me is about some postings on FB about Desse

I am not a religious person, so it would be more than hypocritical for me to say anything of note in that sense.

But I sincerely hope he has gone to a better place and "his God walks with him"

My sincere condolences to his wife and children.

Judge: aka Stewart a player and friend.
Unread 21 Jan 2011, 21:42   #6
Salminator

Salminator is an unknown quantity at this point

R.I.P Desse

Vem kan segla förutan vind?
Vem kan ro utan åror?
Vem kan skiljas från vännen sin
utan att fälla tårar?
Jag kan segla förutan vind
Jag kan ro utan åror
Men ej skiljas från vännen min
utan att fälla tårar

My thougths go out to his family and friends.

Sal
Salminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2011, 23:04   #7
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

I wish strength and patience for all those who remain. I remember Desse as a nick but unfortunately not himself - still it's said to read those bad news.
And also a big THANK YOU to Salminator who cares so much about this and made this even heard. I'm sure Desse was happy to get the chance to meet and drink with you.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2011, 23:27   #8
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

my thoughts are with his family
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 00:18   #9
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Completely in shock right now. Not had much contact with him the last while, but he was one of the people I started playing with back in r4 and played with steadily over the years ever since. A great guy and a great tragedy for his family

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 01:28   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

So sad to hear this news. Desse was a wonderful PA player and a good community member. I will sure miss him a lot. Had the honor of playing with him a few rounds aswell. Can't really farthom that he is gone.

Rest in peace mate.

Last edited by Kargool; 22 Jan 2011 at 02:22.
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 08:10   #11
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Desse
This third candle we light in your memory.
For the times we laughed,
The times we cried,
The times we were angry with each other,
The silly things you did,
The caring and joy you gave us.
from the poem four candles for you

The community will be a poorer place without you in it.
My thoughts, hopes and best wishes are with Desse's family at this time.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 12:35   #12
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

RIP desse
Condolences to his family...
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 13:04   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Desse was an absolutely top drawer player and a good guy, sad to hear this.

Condolences to his family.
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 13:24   #14
MoonLess

MoonLess is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP Desse
MoonLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 13:35   #15
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

RIP Desse
was a pleasure playing with you , you will be missed

justa thought it would be nice if they stopped the ticker @11am wed 26th as a mark of respect for him

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 16:18   #16
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 16:33   #17
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

This is very sad, Desse was always so nice.

Condolences to his family, your husband/father was a really great person who went out of his way to make others feel welcomed and included.

Desse will be missed! This is so sad
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 18:13   #18
Europatriot
zz-crew MMC

Europatriot has a spectacular aura aboutEuropatriot has a spectacular aura aboutEuropatriot has a spectacular aura about

Did not speak to him for years now I think, but still this news comes as such a shock.
The big guy is gone... It will take some time to sink in.

Will always remember the days at Neil's, will never forget Desse.
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 19:41   #19
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Although i never got to play in an alliance with Desse, i know that he is such a well respected guy in the community and he will be sorely missed.

R.I.P Desse and my deepest condolences to your family

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 23:18   #20
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Very sad news.

Condolences to his family.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2011, 00:35   #21
Bazza[RB]

Bazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura about

So very sorry to hear this sad news. Desse was a great pa player and a really nice guy. Why is the good always die so young - it's just not fair.
Rest in Peace Desse - I'm proud to have played with you.

Played every round since r2. RB/Fury/Eclipse/Kralizec/MISTU/Angels/Urwins/Jenova/VisioN/audentes/xVx/Osiris/apprime/FaNG/Ultores/p3n/Mercenaries/ZT/ND
Bazza[RB] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2011, 02:56   #22
tulsa
Registered Loser

tulsa will become famous soon enoughtulsa will become famous soon enough

r i p
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2011, 06:38   #23
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

One of the finest people I have ever "known" through an online game. It was always a pleasure to play with him, and he displayed incredible character...there was never any "I" or "me" in anything he did or the way he played this game.

I was never able to meet him in person, shake his hand, or buy him a beer. Unfortunately, it seems that was my loss.

Calm seas and fair weather. Be at peace my friend.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2011, 17:00   #24
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

RIP Desse. My condolences to his family.
Unread 23 Jan 2011, 17:09   #25
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

I couldn't imagine losing someone you love. My best wishes to everyone that has felt this loss.
I personally didn't know Desse. I believe from reading these posts, i missed a great person.
R.I.P
Unread 23 Jan 2011, 17:30   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't really like these sorts of threads. Most of the time it's just a bunch of people who didn't know someone that well saying the sorts of things people say in these situations. But I knew desse pretty well and in case someone who knew him in real life does read this thread and wonder what he spent his time doing with a bunch of people on the internet this is who I remember.

I first met desse in r16 when ascendancy was created. The last round we played in the same alliance was r33 and desse was involved in pretty much all of the genuinely interesting things we did in the game. He was someone you could rely on and someone you knew was able to carry the load. He was a top player and a top guy. He was never arrogant like some people can become, and like I know a lot of people think most of ascendancy is. Desse was part of what I imagine most people would describe as the ascendancy core, and I hope that's something, along with the rest of his time playing PA, that he remembered fondly. I will miss knowing there's someone out there that I could always call on if I ever felt the need for a comeback tour. But, most of all, I'll miss my friend.
Unread 23 Jan 2011, 23:26   #27
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Unread 24 Jan 2011, 13:00   #28
spudy

spudy is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP desse
Condolences to his family...
spudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2011, 01:03   #29
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Bah... One of the nicest guys I've ever known over the internet, he was just awesome!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2011, 19:54   #30
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

I still don't know what to say. Didn't know Desse half as good as I should have.
Farewell, Mr Unroidable, you'll be missed.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2011, 21:31   #31
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I remember Desse very well from the old days. My memories of him are of a thoroughly decent person who was an absolute pleasure to talk to. He will be sorely missed. I am deeply saddened by this news and my thoughts go out to his family. This is the first time I've seen a thread like this for someone I knew so well, and the first time I've had to fight back tears at the news. Goodbye old friend.
Unread 26 Jan 2011, 13:54   #32
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

:-( Very sad to hear that

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2011, 10:56   #33
butter

butter is an unknown quantity at this point

Desse was quality ... I had contact with him as alliance Hc's on opposite sides of the game and as allies and in both situations he was always honourable.
RIP Desse
Very sad to hear of your passing
butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2011, 13:24   #34
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've found that in life being reliable and dependably are some of the most important things. I have fallen out of touch with old friends who I couldn't rely on to make time and I have less respect for people at work who are less dependable than others.

Desse was both reliable and dependable. If he said he'd do something, he would. This is a big ask in something like Planetarion and I'm sure it transcended into his real life too.

JBG summed it up better than me. Another sad loss for the PA Community.
Unread 29 Jan 2011, 06:21   #35
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

First time i've looked at this forum and this is what i saw.

One of my very first online "friend" (along with Jester, prestel and Daevyll).

Fond memories during the #ostraka days and figurehead of pr0nstars. Round 6 and round 14 galmate.

A natural ace gamer and a very cool chap who gets along well with everyone.

Sad day for me.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2011, 12:58   #36
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Top fella, who will be sadly missed, RIP.
Unread 29 Jan 2011, 15:51   #37
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

At a loss here.

Unread 30 Jan 2011, 16:05   #38
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

This sucks
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 01:06   #39
sHexy

sHexy is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. I am very saddened to have read this post... the first post I read from PA in many many months. I of course have forgotten my password for my real name so suffice to say Hexy has come to check on you all.

I shared this post with Webangel and he is very sad also. "He was one of the Titan officers along with me." My heart hurts for his family.

I have played games over the years, but nothing still compares to the community of PAers. Not even having met Desse my heart hurts as if I knew him in life, and recently spoke to him.. when indeed I haven't for many years.

I so hope this is the only sad post I read from here on out.
sHexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 00:18   #40
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

Desse, at peace

As a man I knew you not,
together and against each other we virtually fought
Back end of PA R8 things were great
You, others and I too from VOM, we could not wait
The round ended our friendship had not
Dominance over us the PA Universe sought
The Universe won as it always does
but I won in the end as it forced me to know you cuz
My life is the richer for the little of you I knew
I am so sorry for your family and friends who were close to you
Before I end this as words have ends and I have to go
There is one last stanza I'd like to show

I wish you peace comfort and joy
The spirit lives on as does your DNA and Memory
and I thank your family for allowing you the time to play and be part of my Personal History

Thank you for being a good Human being.
Take care in the ever-after and know you have made a difference.

Quote:
I don't really like these sorts of threads. Most of the time it's just a bunch of people who didn't know someone that well saying the sorts of things people say in these situations. But I knew desse pretty well and in case someone who knew him in real life does read this thread and wonder what he spent his time doing with a bunch of people on the internet this is who I remember.
> I Thank you JBG that was well written
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 15:11   #41
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Not been on here for a while and this is 1st thing i see Sad times

RIP Desse
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 15:09   #42
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Rest in peace, Desse.
Much too young, much too soon.

Respectfully
- Spinner
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2011, 07:49   #43
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Regardless how passionate these games and their communitys may get.
Regardless how bitchy and sarcastic we may be to eachothers at times.
Regardless how immature we may act at times and basicly just ignore all the good manners during our free time.
Regardless how mad they can drive you with their ignorance or sharing a way different view.
Regardless we may have betrayed the trust of another.
Regardless we havent given all the credit and respect some may have deserved.
Regardless how hostile we may have been during acts of ingame combats.

Still its all just game that everyone enjoys to play and specially enjoy the social enviroment that it provides with all its colourfull users and personalities, making it fun to sit here all night long. Atleast I like to think that in the end we are just bunch of people sharing same interests of spending our free times, enjoying to chat to eachothers and eventually basicly know more of eachothers than any of our other friends do.

So such news of a fellow community member passing away is a great shame. I didnt know him personally, but would still like to send my greetings to the mourning wife.
Unread 17 Feb 2011, 06:04   #44
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

RIP Desse

I must admit I don't remember him well, a ghost of times past since I left PA, but the very best to his friends and family, you WILL find a way on without and my condolances to everyone who knew him :crymeariver:
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2011, 01:38   #45
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

RIP desse.
Time has done a lot to my memory from these online games, how ever i will not forget desse.
Desse was such a guy you would want on your team.
All my condolances to his family and friends.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2011, 16:51   #46
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Cant say I knew Desse well but I do remember playing with him. Its always sad to hear about someone passing on.

Rest in Peace Desse

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote