User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 May 2007, 17:07   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Free Round 22

Do u think a free round, with many players returning to give 1 more shot at pa for free, will see the return of many old alliances who left because of failing numbers?

Im thinking along the lines of Exilition, Dragons, Elysium, 1up, etc

Maybe we will see an alliance from another online war game give planetarion a try and shows us how its done. Either way round 22 should see a slighly better alliance and player base than round 21 ( even though round 21 like x better than round 20 lol).

will be interesting to see how many alliance hang around for round 22 or will they do a destiny and dissapear again Im thinkin subh Wolfpack Angels etc
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:09   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Free Round 22

I am really unsure what benefits a free round will have. A lot of people will be going on vacations, people will be away for large parts of the round, and people who studies will actually be working in the summer.

I have a rather relaxed opinion about the free round and I think people should avoid getting their hopes up for a super duper round.
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:26   #3
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think a free round will influence the return of the great alliances we had in the past. All of them basicly said they were done with pa in its current form and some said they might return if PA becomes more interesting in terms of game mechanics and competition. A free round doesn't immediatly offer that yet, currently the game is not really an ideal platform for a war (game) and i reckon as long as that doesn't change they won't return.

I'm with Kargool on the expectations, perhaps we'll see some increase on the playerbase with new faces and a few old ones, but i doubt it will be spectacular. Also keep in mind quite a few regular players use the summer to get a break from PA.
Unread 9 May 2007, 18:34   #4
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I highly doubt eXilition will be around.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 18:38   #5
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Would be fun with a free round, but i doubt that would change a lot.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 18:53   #6
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Would like to see Elysium back but a lot of the original HC and veterans are completely done with pa (damn you WoW/real life) while eXil stopped after one of their rounds simply because the HC didn't want to play during summer am I right?

Otherwise I think this will be a great round for new players if AD doesn't scare them away .

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 23:17   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
and people who studies will actually be working in the summer.
Or they're studying now

Anyway, I don't think a free round would impact too much. Sure, some people quits due to p2p, but as far as I know most/many quit due to boredom of the game itself.
Unread 10 May 2007, 05:18   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Or they're studying now

Anyway, I don't think a free round would impact too much. Sure, some people quits due to p2p, but as far as I know most/many quit due to boredom of the game itself.
And the people who quitted because it went pay to play are long gone now.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 07:35   #9
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

I don't think a free round will bring you any alliances or a good bulk of people back. Neither will 'vote there for PA' or other attempts.

At the moment PA's biggest problem is incosistency of information and as a product (An MMOG) it is not promoted properly. Go have a look at dominant online games and see how their portal is, how easy it is to sign up and how easy it is to learn to play in 5 minutes.

Jolt/PA team should focus for once on creating a stable game, settle for solid stats/mechanics you can use for 2-3 rounds at least and then promote your product properly.

Some examples why new players will never bother:

Information

1. PA portal
2. PA forums
3. PA manual
4. WIKI
5. MOTD ingame

* (6. IRC for #strategy or #pa CH)

You have way too many official sources of information which are not related to each other and if you want to perform well as a new player or learn stuff you need to go and check them all.

Sorry but signing up is a hassle , just make it simple with username / pass / country and from there once you login pick race or do other stuff.

Learning to play

Again if a new player doesn't check all the official sources of information he will end up in c200. For the record Wiki is the best to learn the game (the strategy, fleet composition articles), nicely written and well documented.

Why people don't bother?

We are in 2007, there are so many online games so people have a choice. That means if someone cannot figure out PA in 5 minutes he will go google for something else.

P2P

Why only pay with CC? Ever heard of SMS payments (you would need to adjust your pricing model but you would get much more people paying for sure), easiest way for everyone, especially the kids that don't have a credit card.

Last edited by Shoshuro; 10 May 2007 at 07:53.
Shoshuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 07:58   #10
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Interface: Text Based
Time Delta: Tick Based
ESRB Rating: NR
Massively Multiplayer: No

Thats the boinker right there.
Unread 10 May 2007, 12:03   #11
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Remove the stupid login questions.
Pa looks so fugly that i prefer to use links, and there i do not see the awful login bot

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 12:50   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Considering how PA used to be made up of 15 to 18 year-olds, I agree with Shoshuro's idea about P2P. And with the rest of his post as well, incidentially.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 16:07   #13
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshuro
4. WIKI
The wiki is not official. Never has been, and as long as I host it, never will be.
Unread 10 May 2007, 16:10   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
The wiki is not official. Never has been, and as long as I host it, never will be.
This is why the game crew should put more effort into creating an official equivalent.
Unread 10 May 2007, 22:13   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Yes because when ever PA Crew have decided to make official equivalents of player content they've been high quality and players have flocked to use them !

Best thing that could happen to the portal is taking it off PA Crew.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2007, 19:07   #16
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

The free round will probably have as much effect as every other free round. Considering there is currently 1 free round per year every year for 'marketing' purposes, I fail to see why this one will be any different to the last few.

As for old alliances returning, I doubt it. 1up won't be, I know that, maybe it might if the game became decent again, but not before that. Incidentally, that's what's needed to make the free rounds drag players in too.
Unread 11 May 2007, 20:19   #17
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Since every former and current alliance HC's (and the whole of ascendancy) are talking about the need of a better game, you should all get together with a couple pa-crew members and discuss exactly what needs to change in order for you to come back. I think that would be much better for the game and for it's future than a free round now and again or being game of the month at mpogd.com
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2007, 20:43   #18
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
I highly doubt eXilition will be around.
ditto
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2007, 20:57   #19
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Oh? I'm the only one excited about next round's new stats and colour schemes? I've been preparing a comeback for weeks!

Free round's aren't going to achieve anything whatsoever unless they're coupled with some real and dare I say exciting changes to the actual game. Hell, make it a real round and put the extra money towards five minutes of a coder's time (please).
Unread 11 May 2007, 22:08   #20
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Implement the change about value lost not being removed from your score, and you can have a radically different round, full of action.
Just one change in the way score is calculated. Shouldn't even take much time to code.
Unread 11 May 2007, 23:13   #21
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Implement the change about value lost not being removed from your score, and you can have a radically different round, full of action.
Just one change in the way score is calculated. Shouldn't even take much time to code.
We'd have some problems with spending/cancelling though Although that doens't sound hard to code
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2007, 06:00   #22
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
This is a horrible idea. What more action will this bring? :|
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2007, 10:07   #23
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Add xp for attacking planets bigger then yours.
Add negative xp for attacking planets much smaller then yours.
Remove value gain and loss of stockpiles.
Make mow useful again with gal fleets.

Shorten down travel times by 1-2 tick by default, things take to long.
Either remove jgp showing future launches, or add the exact time they will be launched.

A few simple things that should not take to much effort to fix.
And to whomever decided no "bot checker" means i will cheat, do you seriouly think that that badly implemented bot stopper there actually stops anyone who really wants to cheat? :|

Unread 12 May 2007, 10:13   #24
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Shorten down travel times by 1-2 tick by default, things take to long.
Either remove jgp showing future launches, or add the exact time they will be launched.
Shortening travel time causes the serious issue of people not being able to sleep though.
The scans idea sounds reasonable

Quote:
And to whomever decided no "bot checker" means i will cheat, do you seriouly think that that badly implemented bot stopper there actually stops anyone who really wants to cheat? :|
pm me a workaround or what you think is badly implemented then please.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2007, 10:15   #25
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Not until I'm given exclusive right to login to pa with links, i hate webgfx
|nota bene| As far as cheating goes, or account sharing people can just simple setup a dyndns account with their on pc (most run windows), then login remotely and login with their respective user account, do their business then log out again.

Tbh, i don't see the point of cheating in pa when things per definition are so simple and there are so few players, but the sooner people realize this isn't round 3 and that if people want, they will always be able to cheat.

Last edited by Allfather; 12 May 2007 at 10:23.
Unread 12 May 2007, 10:33   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not until I'm given exclusive right to login to pa with links, i hate webgfx
|nota bene| As far as cheating goes, or account sharing people can just simple setup a dyndns account with their on pc (most run windows), then login remotely and login with their respective user account, do their business then log out again.

Tbh, i don't see the point of cheating in pa when things per definition are so simple and there are so few players, but the sooner people realize this isn't round 3 and that if people want, they will always be able to cheat.
but that form of cheating has nothing todo with what the botstopper is meant to stop i.e. bots.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2007, 10:36   #27
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Yes, i know, thus the "nota bene" about people who want to cheat, can do so even if they can figure out a way around the bot or not.

Unread 12 May 2007, 14:41   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Free round's aren't going to achieve anything whatsoever unless they're coupled with some real and dare I say exciting changes to the actual game. Hell, make it a real round and put the extra money towards five minutes of a coder's time (please).
Agreed. Instead of a free round, make it a paid one, with all income (note: income, not profit) going to coding time. This can potentially (assuming intelligent changes are being made) result in a much higher (and more permanent) increase in playerbase than simply making it free for one round, which, as others have said, will have the exact same impact as the prevous free rounds: close to none.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 12 May 2007, 22:48   #29
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Posting in absolute agreement with bwtmc.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2007, 10:09   #30
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably the changes discussed and built upon in this thread. Considering its generally positive reception and that its an integrated set of changes that might just actually achieve something!

Mzyxptlk, that's a really good point. Whether PAteam can convince a far away, completely unaware Jolt to do it, I don't know. Certainly from where i'm standing it makes much better sense than a free round. Using all the sign up money from a (what was going to be free) paid round would actually afford some changes.
Unread 13 May 2007, 21:14   #31
illeh

illeh is an unknown quantity at this point

*cough* i heard a few oldies are coming back with the oldschool wolfpack.. it should be a fun round
illeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2007, 23:37   #32
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

2 balloons does not a party make my dear illeh.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 03:50   #33
illeh

illeh is an unknown quantity at this point

depends which balloons =P n what they are filled with
illeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 18:52   #34
Jay-Em
#dragons

Jay-Em is an unknown quantity at this point

I know there will be some old/new players coming for next round at least for fun...

PA r3-r10.5, EA, Corvus, BD, VGN, Ðragons
r12 : Vengeance r13: eXilition r15: eXilition r16: VGN
r27: Denial r30: Omen r31: SPOOOOOON r32: Apprime / inactive latestarter..r33: CT / latestarter
r34 p3n r35 p3n r36 p3n r65 allianceless latestarter/VGN (I am not back..)
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 22:44   #35
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i did play alot of the early rounds when it was easy to understand and all you ever needed was to take a look at the stats but now the game looks VERY complicated once you log in.

I know its most likley not that hard but for a new player everything in PA atm is very complicated.

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 23:02   #36
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

i think the game might look complicated, but for sure easier to play hehe

Unread 15 May 2007, 03:02   #37
Domin
500k posts

Well i will try to ready the manual but alot of my friends comments of the game so far after trying it again is that they dont understand shit and cba to try harder since there are so manny games.

But atleast i will try =)

Unread 15 May 2007, 08:40   #38
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domin
Well i will try to ready the manual but alot of my friends comments of the game so far after trying it again is that they dont understand shit and cba to try harder since there are so manny games.

But atleast i will try =)
Dont read the manual. It havent been updated in ages.
Unread 15 May 2007, 09:08   #39
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Don't read Kargool's post, the manual is still useful for those trying to learn how to play. Be wary of directly applying formulae though, they might not be 100% correct.
Unread 15 May 2007, 09:16   #40
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

If you are trying to learn how to play again, i would recommend the strategy forums or the numerous posts about how the game has changed over the rounds. The manual is not updated for alot of stuff in 2 rounds and there has allready been people getting screwed over ingame because they read the manual and assumed that everything was as it says in the manual.
Unread 15 May 2007, 16:52   #41
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Personally speaking, I don't care whether it costs me £5 or not. But that's stating the obvious considering I'm still around
Unread 15 May 2007, 22:42   #42
Domin
500k posts

Well the strategy forums werent much help tbh only the links were good since the rest havent had a reply in 6 months.

When did everyone here become such hard core slackers?

Or are all saving the info to theyr own alliance?

Unread 16 May 2007, 05:55   #43
Tietäjä
Good Son

No, it's just that, all the threads regarding race advice and tactics and so have disappeared to the database, you'll find them if you search with a nick from the strategy discussions (ie. put a search under strategy discussions for "Tietäjä", "Monroe", or "Ultimate Newbie").
Unread 16 May 2007, 11:35   #44
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

really looking forward to next rounds stats and alliances. and i hope I can play
the officer job in pack has been great fun so far and I'd like to continue it, unfortunately it eats way too much of my time..

Dont really remember what the Player Count R16 was - I think we cant expect any more signups as nothing really happened with pa marketing since.

p.s. with the luck of monroe in my gal and the few talks we had it looks promising stats wise. balance ter. vs etd - tweak the emp of cath a bit and I think we have a decent stats setup next round

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2007, 17:32   #45
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

2 words -

cash prizes.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2007, 20:44   #46
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
2 words -

cash prizes.
Yeah, that is the solution if you want alliances back.

Unread 17 May 2007, 22:00   #47
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Haha. That is the solution if you want people to multi and account share. Good game!
Unread 20 May 2007, 15:58   #48
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Personally i think the game is way too complex for new players. Even i looked at the population page and went.. WTF is this shit during beta.

In an ideal world.. speedgame would be much better maintained and run along side the proper round. Allowing new users to choose between the fast paced and slow paced game. The shorter ticks mean much more is happening and people will sit around for a while and play.. unlike currently where they sign up (takes an age) login (also takes an age without calculator ) look at the main page.. spend all their res on constructions and roids..... then realise **** all is gonna happen for another x amount of time and **** off and forget about the game for a week.

In my eyes its not the fact the game has changed (for the shitter in some respects) its the fact people need to be entertained... you can recode till html or whatever drops out your arse during the "1st offloading of the day" but its not going to change much. There just needs to be more pace with less consequences if you mess up your start = speed game option (free) then real round (paid).

But meh.. i could be talking crap.. as i havent bothered to check if the speedgame is still running or not?
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2007, 15:20   #49
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
p.s. with the luck of monroe in my gal and the few talks we had it looks promising stats wise. balance ter. vs etd - tweak the emp of cath a bit and I think we have a decent stats setup next round
Are you trying to say Monroe is making the stats again?

Dear. Can even God help us?
Unread 23 May 2007, 16:55   #50
Dopec

Dopec can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone

Do we keep on giving him new chances until he finally manages to come up with something balanced? With those fixes you mentioned above we might aswell go back to 4 races and remove xan alltogether seeing as we are heading that way anyways.
Dopec is offline   Reply With Quote