User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Sep 2006, 18:22   #1
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
1up Announcement

I shall make this brief and clear.

1up will not be playing Planetarion round 19. Sid and I have decided to take a round away from the pressures of running 1up for the forseeable future.

Playing so many consecutive rounds has taken it's toll on our enthusiasm for the game and, in no short part, so has the gameplay itself. We are currently at a stage of planetarion where the political playing field is one dimensional and planet success is decided solely by who has the biggest fleet rather than any kind of imagination.

Should the direction of the gameplay change in the near future then expect to see us back at the helm of a, hopefully, revitalised 1up.

No small thanks go to all of the 1up members for countless hours of hard work, dedication and copious whinging

Thanks to everyone who we have battled with.

mazzelaar - 1up HC
Synthetic_Sid - 1up CEO

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 18:25   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: 1up Announcement

Hopefully you will be back...
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 18:33   #3
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Mazz and sid (and all of the 1up member) we like to thank you for the few rounds we went head to head (and we lost )

We know what it is to try and do good for so many rounds that is why we went to a small core and try to have fun.

You guys will be back I bet.
Till then, have a great break and get the batteries loaded again guys.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 18:39   #4
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

good move guys.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 18:44   #5
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Sigh Im allianceless :/

Well it was great to play one round with 1up. Great community of players, great spirit and hard work, and of course the hard work from the HC command/officers was unbeleivable. Its an alliance that has worked hard for many rounds. I hope sid and mazz return with 1up in the future. Was an honour.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 18:45   #6
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

All good things must come to an end, and 1up was great. GREAT.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 18:47   #7
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Just like Ace i'd like to say thanks for the nice LCH/1up battles in the rounds i still played. Always been a nice challenge (maybe too big challenge )
Cya around soon

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 18:52   #8
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

it is a long time i played (well 2 or 3 rounds atleast :P) and its even a longer time ago i was in 1up, the times around then were great (r11 to r13).

pa loses definately the alliance with most influence in the "new" pa - loved by one half and hated by the other.

pa without 1up = dead. farewell to the best alliance since the times before round 5.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 18:56   #9
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
We are currently at a stage of planetarion where the political playing field is one dimensional and planet success is decided solely by who has the biggest fleet rather than any kind of imagination.
I agree.

Now, let the recruitment-race begin
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:00   #10
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

Was a real honor playing with some world class people over the years.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:17   #11
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

1up was a great alliance, really enjoyed my time there.

Good bunch of people, and its not really a surprise that mazz and Sid need a break after 7 rounds of hard work

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:21   #12
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

would just like to add that it has been a pleasure gaming with everyone who has donned a 1up uniform, good luck where ever you end up and maybe we'll do it again sometime

It has also been a pleasure fighting the universe throughout all the rounds...thankyou all

aNgRyDuCk - 1up HC
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:27   #13
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I'm willing to bet a drink of coke [this could seriously back fire on me!] that Exil will now announce there playing r19
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:36   #14
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

This was all because I said I wasn't gonna play this round, they knew they couldnt handle me not playing again
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:39   #15
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
I'm willing to bet a drink of coke [this could seriously back fire on me!] that Exil will now announce there playing r19
Smudge, we all know youre a lil biased but for your information, we already announced that we are going to play r19 during the winning ceremony yesterday. Now move your ass and get me that coke.
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:41   #16
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

no way as if u going that sucks tbh
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:43   #17
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
Smudge, we all know youre a lil biased but for your information, we already announced that we are going to play r19 during the winning ceremony yesterday. Now move your ass and get me that coke.
People were listening to that
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:46   #18
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

Quote:
People were listening to that
You as PA Team member should :/

But we are going to play as a core alliance, less members, more focusing on fun than on winning. So without 1up and an eX not focusing on winning it will be interesting to see who is going to step up. Omen? The Subh-followup? xVx? Or maybe an alliance formed by the playing 1up members? Should be fun.
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:52   #19
Judder
ROCKer

Judder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to all

Played 1up, shame to see you go. Have a good break
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 19:58   #20
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Best of luck, and I can't say that I didn't see something along these lines coming. Playing at such an intensity for so many rounds running can only take its toll, and I trust that you will savour the time off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Playing so many consecutive rounds has taken it's toll on our enthusiasm for the game and, in no short part, so has the gameplay itself. We are currently at a stage of planetarion where the political playing field is one dimensional and planet success is decided solely by who has the biggest fleet rather than any kind of imagination.

Should the direction of the gameplay change in the near future then expect to see us back at the helm of a, hopefully, revitalised 1up.
Perhaps the current PA Team should now take a long hard look at the game it's created. I personally quit at the end of Round 16, and I can't say that there's been a decent PA round to play since. Every time a group of players try something imaginative, it gets clamped down on. Whereas in times past everyone thought about adapting the new way of winning, now they just change the calculation of score so that it can't be done again.

Round 16 - Ascendancy win via 'XP-whoring'. XP permanently nerfed, PA suddenly becomes a lot less fun. Suprise suprise.

Round 17 - 1up tag all of their real members late in the round after swapping these members in and out of tag as the round goes on. Score calculation changed to 'score accumulated in-tag' as opposed to 'total score in-tag'. XP remains nerfed, mass bashing occurs. Suprise suprise.

Likewise eXilition's various ploys have all been clamped down on. I don't disagree with this, actually, but it does demonstrate the present opposition to ingenuity. So - why try?
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 20:00   #21
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
But we are going to play as a core alliance, less members, more focusing on fun than on winning. So without 1up and an eX not focusing on winning it will be interesting to see who is going to step up. Omen? The Subh-followup? xVx? Or maybe an alliance formed by the playing 1up members? Should be fun.
I predict that you'll win the round anyway. None of the other alliances are politically competent enough to do anything with their advantage, and I suspect that we'll see Round 12 all over again, this time without the decent gameplay.
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 20:01   #22
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

Actually we were thinking of how to bring back fun to PA for us. But my idea of a draft with Team Kaifux Vs. Team bwtmc got turned down
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 20:02   #23
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

After 7 rounds of playing hardcore & always being a contender for #1 you guys deserve a break
GL to you guys in the future

ps: r19 is starting to look interesting, eXi only playing as core, 1up not playing at all... will be dificult to predict who's going to win this time

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 20:06   #24
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

I'll be waiting for the bugle call to return in the future.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 20:09   #25
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
After 7 rounds of playing hardcore & always being a contender for #1 you guys deserve a break
GL to you guys in the future

ps: r19 is starting to look interesting, eXi only playing as core, 1up not playing at all... will be dificult to predict who's going to win this time

8 actually :P
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 20:10   #26
teknik
Antagonist

teknik has a spectacular aura aboutteknik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
they already announced that last night during end of round ceremony
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 20:19   #27
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Very sad to hear this. I had a great round in 1up when i played for you and enjoyed it immensely. Theres some great guys in 1up being led by some superb HCs. All the best to Mazz and Sid in whatever they choose to do next. Good luck
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 20:42   #28
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Not much I can say really. I've never been a profilic HC as either Sid or mazz, my reputation still firmly rooted in Fury. Still, we've had alot of laughs together and I hope this isn't the -end- totally.

Look forward to flying together in Eve when we're all in battleships. Just keep the clone ready for that extra life.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 21:24   #29
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Had a great round in 1up, hope you will return
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 21:31   #30
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Ill certainly be watching the alliance scores closely next round, and I hope someone will be able to step up and challenge eXilition the way they need to be and not let them just walk to an easy victory like they did this round.
I figure that as long as all the ex-1up members dont go to eXi, and they still play hardcore, there might be a chance.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 23:05   #31
DeLoS
Milan-fan

DeLoS is on a distinguished road

Well sad to see this day, not at all surprised though

Enjoyed my rounds in 1up very much, ace alliance. Thank you.

Titans, 1up
Former Ascendant
DeLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 23:51   #32
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It is a tragedy to see the most consistently great alliance of PaX to be leaving. Well done on all you've achieved 1up!

On the plus side, maybe someone else will stand a chance if eXi turn up with 50% less players than everyone else and don't bother with politics. Which would give the round far more potential to be interesting for more people. Not to belittle your achievements eX and 1up, it's not your fault you were too good for everyone else.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2006, 23:56   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A wise and productive decision.

A big from myself
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:12   #34
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

wow. wel surely some average alliances will get better with a few 1up vets. Sad though, as the only thing keeping PA alive is 1up and exil. This will give someone else a chance to step up, and hopefully it won't be corny.
GG Sid and Mazz.
Mazz, I always thought you should have stopped HC'ing a long time ago when you got married.
Sid I thought you should have stopped HC'ing when I saw that pic with your shirt tucked in and no belt.
peace fellas.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:13   #35
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

As one of the few members who have played in 1up in every round since its high profile start I would like to say that this is a good decision. I would bett my right nut that 1up of r11 is the best bunch of players this game has ever seen located in on alliance and the same core did equally well the round after. Since r13 1up hasn’t really been a military superpower and most of its success since then has been the result of smart politics.

Whenever 1up returns from the ashes I'll be there.....

Until then I see you all in the endless universe of Eve...
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:16   #36
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So we never will get to see the long-awaited Exilition vs 1up round with Exilition playing 2 rounds in a row.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:23   #37
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
So we never will get to see the long-awaited Exilition vs 1up round with Exilition playing 2 rounds in a row.
Taking the amount of HC balls left in the universe I think its safe to say that Exilition will be the second alliance to win two round in a row.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:38   #38
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Taking the amount of HC balls left in the universe I think its safe to say that Exilition will be the second alliance to win two round in a row.
I wouldn't be surprised if 2 new alliances emerged next round, with the number of allianceless experienced players drifting around.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:41   #39
Tomkat

Oh and by the way in reply to anonymous rep of:

1up Announcement 3 Sep 2006 01:21 exilition isnt really playing two rounds in a row, you know. They wont be fielding a full alliance to do so

I'm pretty sure that you contradicted yourself there by saying Exi aren't playing 2 rounds in a row and then saying they are but they're not fielding a full alliance. Good work! No wonder you left it anonymous. You probably can't spell your own name
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:58   #40
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

way to hijack a thread

Its about time the HC took a well earned break, 8 rounds back to back - continuously performing takes its toll on anyone.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:25   #41
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

re-consider playin guys if not in some other form anyway .. i feel wont be same without u ..if not hope u return to the fight soon enuff
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:43   #42
kappa

kappa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
As one of the few members who have played in 1up in every round since its high profile start I would like to say that this is a good decision. I would bett my right nut that 1up of r11 is the best bunch of players this game has ever seen located in on alliance and the same core did equally well the round after. Since r13 1up hasn’t really been a military superpower and most of its success since then has been the result of smart politics.

Whenever 1up returns from the ashes I'll be there.....

Until then I see you all in the endless universe of Eve...
as another of the few players who has played every round in 1up,also every round in Fury,also every round in Eclipse(christ thats a lot of rounds)
id just like to say
its been a great ride
i like many others played purely for sid
if it wasnt for him,his ruthlesness and usually total political domination this game would have been dead many many moons ago

id like to thank u for giving me a home for all these years
accepting my drunken uselessness
ruining my life several times over
and making it all seem worthwhile

if u ever need a drunken useless half wit peon in any other game let me know

[Fury]kappa[1up]
signing off.....forever i guess

p.s Sandman i beat u! u owe me a fiver ta, i accept paypal
kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 03:25   #43
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

very sad day, was fun fighting vs and with you guys, sure had a lot of good characters
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 03:45   #44
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj
re-consider playin guys if not in some other form anyway .. i feel wont be same without u ..if not hope u return to the fight soon enuff
This was considered to my knowledge. It takes a hell of a lot for Sid to be convinced to not actually play, regardless of how difficult it is. The man simply likes a challenge. I asked the same question as you myself, and received an answer that said even something smaller would not be less intensive to run. It would still require tools, administration and running a whole lot of stuff.

This decision did not come lightly from mazz and Sid (as at the end of the day, they were the HC who kept 1up running day-to-day) but both guys deserve a well-earnt break from the rigours of HCing.

RE Tomkat, I seriously doubt we'd see two new alliances rise up through the decision for 1up not to play. We will not disappear totally though, 1up members are invited to play Eve where we can form gangs together (although we are not a corp, nor intending to be one in the near future)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 04:01   #45
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

No surprise as u kinda collapsed last round, and alot has been going to EVE.
Sad though that u wont play in any form, and I doubt we will ever see 1up playing PA again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 08:43   #46
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Thanks for the times Mazz, Sid and Zhil.

Then my planned come back for r19 is off, I guess.

Good luck out there and hope to see you in a new alliance eventually.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 09:00   #47
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

A small window of opportunity for the next leech of talent to rise from the shadows. Whom will be el capitan?
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 09:33   #48
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

I only played the one round with 1up but it was a lota fun, thanks guys and I hope to see you return.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 09:37   #49
DeadOps
Forever VisioN

DeadOps is an unknown quantity at this point

sad to see 1up go, always was fun stealing resources from you! , guess i need a new target for resource hacks now anyways, enough playing around now , hope 1up returns soon to the wars that are planetarion
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 11:42   #50
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Saw it coming, but it will be sad having a universe without 1up.