User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 25 May 2006, 21:29   #1
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Alliance Golden Roids

Golden roids seem to have been a good idea that no one really seems to care about (meaning most people ain't going after them). I was thinking it might be interesting to have alliance golden roids. Roids that if an alliance member has benefit the entire alliance. A couple of possible roids are:
1. extra -1 eta in ally defense for BS/CR
2. 3% resource bonus for ally
3. 5% enhanced security rating for ally
4. 3% research bonus
5. -1 tick construction for entire ally
6. A small defensive armour bonus (2-3% maybe)
7. 5 Amp bonus for the entire ally (call it a amplification gain)
8. 5 Distorter bonus for entire ally (call it better cloaking)

These are just to name a few possibilities, and of course these ideas would need some tweaking. With golden roids like these it adds a new eliment of strategy to the game, and make particular planets serious battle grounds. Another idea for a golden roid would be one that slowly gave everyone in the ally a XP bonus 1-2 XP a tick and so could potentially take a ally who is small in value but large in player numbers way up on the charts. Thoughts?

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 21:49   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Alliance Golden Roids

The bonuses you are giving are way too powerful. 2-3% armour bonus results in huge differences when fleets get larger, -1 tick construction for 60 people is just awesome; without talking bout -1 ETA in ally defence for BS/CR.

You'd have a lot of trouble adding this feature without causing it to become too strong.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 21:57   #3
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

maybe not alliance golden roids but galaxy golden roids? would bring the focus a bit more to galaxy team play and the effect would be not that big as on a whole alliance ...

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 21:59   #4
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

One thing that would HAVE to be introduced is removing the bash limit on a planet that had such a roid, otherwise alliances would get them to their smallest member, and have that member stay very small.

Also, the biggest alliance would clearly end up with all of the roids, and would have an advantage. If a restriction was made on the number a particular alliance could have, however, that *might* solve this problem (especially if there were some negative roids too, they would be quite funny) to store up at a losing alliances last big planet as a final revenge on the alliance taking them down (alternatively to this, there could be an option that is enabled/disabled for a round that means a golden roid not in the posession of its 'home' alliance has the opposite i.e. bad effect).

Also, maybe have roids that randomly appear around the universe that have these abilities, and give their abilities a lifespan so that one alliance can't horde them.

All in all though, it is an idea that would need a HELL of a lot of planning, and would probably not turn out so great.
Unread 25 May 2006, 22:25   #5
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I quite agree with Bashar on the limit the number an ally can have and removing the bash limit on the guy who has a roid. Maybe make it so if an ally has more then 3 golden roids they start having a negative effect rather then a positive one. Would make it interesting because if an ally already had three and you had a golden roid they would almost certainly leave you alone!

I set the bonuses where I did because I wanted them to be valuable enough to fight over, if they appear too high then totally the should be tweaked. As to where the roids start I would expect them to start in 1.1 like the current golden roids to keep things simple.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 17:14   #6
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Great ideas from jupp and Bashar - personally I like the sound of galaxy roids - but it might lead to trouble if one person gets all the defence to save the roid !

Same power rules would need to be applied as to alliances - one roid per galaxy/alliance maybe ?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 18:12   #7
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

roids described are immensely powerfull.

Here is my .02$ :
a) i think that galaxy golden roids over alliance golden roids is a great idea. Fortress type galaxy is the best possible case scenario in PA. Members of those galaxies usually rank very very high in top X list.
b) The lifespan of the roids, eventho a superior idea then otherwise, would bring one huge negative. Unless lifespan is quite a significant one (2 weeks, per se) it will significantly limit alliance fights over those roids. It will pretyt much be a luck of the roll kinda situation. If your galaxy/alliance gets the roid, good for you/your galaxy/alliance. If you dont, and lifespan is indeed, limited, you have very little time to organize a decent hit on a planet that does have it. and let me reming you that on a successfull roiding, you have only ~24.9 % chance of actually capturing it. SO, even if you do put together 15 waves of incoming on that owner of above mentioned roid, (say 8 waves will be covered, given your average alliance) you are still not guaranteed to get that roid before its lifespan actually expires.

Also that requires a whole crapload of coding that i dont even wanna think bout. Aswell as serious betatesting to see how can it possibly be abused (coz god knows, EVERYONE will try and think of a way to abuse such an implementation).
All in all, i am all for diversification of PA. In any way possible. But it just has to seriously be considered, and reviewed from all sides before seeing some serious gametime during normal round.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote